/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft. We're currently waiting on the new new nost server release.

Guilds:
- Horde
- Alliance

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

Last:

ant people

First for Mulgore!

Saw a guy with a fucking mount

Bullshit. The highest levels on two hours ago were two 26 warlocks.

>A Refugee's Quandary

once again why cant i use a 16:9 res?

is the server down?

>tfw your imp got a shitty name

at least void walker names are usually good.

And then, and then! I hit him with the Aimed Shot! You'd think I get tired of it but I really don't! You get to see their brains just go, like, all over the road! ALL over! Oh, and this one time, a rogue was terrorizing people in Menethil so- hey, are you listening? So I put a trap down for him and pretended I didn't know where he was! And get this, he totally fell for it! The undead are so stupid, he was so focused on hitting me with a cheap shot he didn't bother looking for the trap! And of course I got the entrapment talent so while he's burning- Yeah, I used immolation trap! I know, I know, you usually want to go for freezing traps but I personally prefer to hit them with fire. So like, for every tic of damage he's getting rooted for five seconds! Sometimes if they're close it's fun to use Deterrence, the look on their faces when their ROGUE is getting beaten by a ranged class is so funny! And then, and then, heheh, the Aimed Shot! Bang! Kapow! So then...

I can.

these names are satire right?

I like this image

this is all i get

All the non-xiao names are already taken, sry.

diapey?

the amount of cuck names are worse

wipey

so, does this shit have a AFK kicker or not?

>tfw rolling on the fresh fresh server

how does it feel that your server is gonna be dead in a week freshcucks?

ah hax wtf pwned
crit aimed shot from across zone
button mashing, lucky bastard
I was on the phone

>fresh fresh
>not fresh fresh fresh

freshfreshcucks get out, the real bulls are here

>tKES 5 OF U TOO KILL M

nah Im playing with a bunch of others on fresh

what's the best auto-clicker so i won't be afk-kicked?

>I just want to turn into a giant demon creature Demonology Warlock
>Vanilla
>no Paladin either

Yeah it will be dead in a week. So they'll decide not to make another realm and leave it.

>missed uthgard launch
>missed fresh launch
>will be in my country for comfy winter, no job and all the free time I want just for freshfresh

Gonna no life a druid until ~40 and gank stv for 2 weeks.

You are a grown man writing these fucking things
Get a grip lad

>warlock
>Guide
just dot everything up and wand it to death

Who here /feminine penis/?

I wish. I'm hung and it sucks, it's not even abnormally thick, just long.

>tfw website is still down
>can't log in

One day I'll get on the server again.

Is the server down? Just woke up.

Not using death pact on a shifted imp is a beginner mistake. You use it from 40 until your first MC raid.
Leveling speed is boosted like no other, even the best gear from AH wouldnt match it. And your dps in 5man dungeons too since you cant life tap enough with a single healer in the group.

Also you dont need macros or a fucking guide, just threat metter.

No.
5k queue

nope, everything is up. If you want to play on the new realm and get past queueboss but you're stuck on retrieving realm list, you have to cancel it or else you get DCd.

I've been sitting in Brill while I get some work done and I haven't been kicked yet.

>have played 7 hours today
>level 9-12
HOW

Log out of Elysium.

God no. I have a hung, thick log of a penis.

Also if you're rolling on fresh and not ahead of the mass you should consider a demonology spec and use VW, slower but you become unkillable in 1v1 pvp and counter rogues even higher lvl than you.

Server is old and busted. Wait for fresh fresh.

How long is the AFK/Selection screen timeout atm? 15mins?

As my first time playing Vanilla WoW, I feel it would be a fatal mistake to start off as a Warrior. I think I'm going to roll babymode Hunter in order to build funds, and then make a Warrior later down the line. Or would any of you advise otherwise?

what a comfy picture.

I'm really liking playing a Shaman. It's like being a paladin, except you have to press buttons sometimes.

>2 hrs level 8

how bad is this

That's a pretty sane choice.

Note that leveling a hunter to 60 AND a warrior to 60 is going to take far longer than JUSTing your way to 60 on a warrior though.

the only class more faceroll than warrior is hunter so its whatever

That's fine.

>the only class more faceroll than warrior is hunter
What the fuck are you even trying to imply? Hunters are the easiest to level, warriors are the hardest.

Sounds fine. But realise taking care of a char takes a lot of time, not sure you want to start again when you spent 300 hours on your hunter and still could need the gold for him instead of a reroll.

If you play lot go for it, also you could play your warrior already a bit and put him in an inn for rested exp and level him like 2 levels a week.

>warriors are hard to level

what are rogues and mages

Ideal is about 1hr L7, 2.5hr L10

2hr L8 is going well.

is this bait?

>I can't distinguish between relative and absolute terms
Oh no it's retarded.

harder =/= hard

Noob question, can ally buy horde items from auction in neutral towns?

First time playing Vanilla? How sure are you that you're willing to put in however many months to get both to max level, & build up your hunter enough to farm gold for your warrior and then build up your warrior and get him geared?

I'd say whatever you roll, get enchanting and if you want to reroll warrior get blacksmithing. You can make some relatively badass gear for a lowbie that will make leveling a lot easier.

anyone running fishing bots yet?
I'm inclined to do so just so I can never have to give Xiaos money for savory deviate delights.

>can't log in to elysium
>can't access website

did my ISP just drop support for nost?

>charge
>press a few keys
>lol my enemies dead and i can do it at least one more time before needing to eat
>meanwhile shamans and paladins make one pull at a time and still die often
warrior is one of the easiest classes out there duders

Ok, what's going to make me want to kill myself more, getting raped in the ass while leveling as a warrior, or having a funded warrior, but having to play the same shit all over again?

@165027729
stop baiting faggot

your bait is pathetic and I'm only laughing at how retarded you are for thinking this was at all provocative bait

apply yourself

>what's going to make me want to kill myself more,
>having a funded warrior, but having to play the same shit all over again?
If you're determined to raid as a warrior, then this^

Btw:

What's the deal with Shaman abilities causing a lot of threat? They don't seem like great tanks to me.

For me it was the first, but I leveled a paladin my first time so maybe I have a much higher tolerance for monotonous grinding

That depends, are you leveling a hunter exclusively for the purpose of leveling a warrior more easily?

Got you to respond didn't it?

Do you have a friend you're starting with who is going to play a healer?
Yes - Warrior is super fun to play and you will feel like god
No - do not fucking play warrior

are skinning and leatherworking objectively the two best professions when combined?

The Hunter would be a cumdump for my Warrior.

I play Online MMOs like singeplayer games that happen to have tons of content. I'm verymuch anti-social in general.

>See how good I am at intentionally being retarded?

>can make your own cured rugged hides
>every 3 days
>and sell them for less than 20G each

Not exactly impressive. The only other reason to learn LW at all is to craft devilsaur, and the only reason that set is expensive is because of how hard the devilsaur leather is to collect, which has nothing to do with your LW.

Honestly, skinning/LW might just be one of the weakest combos out there. At least skinning can net you dragonscales in ubrs I guess.

Select your weapon.

Alliance.

Priest.

Which race? Leaning towards human for the animations

>The Hunter would be a cumdump for my Warrior.
Now what the fuck does that mean

Why not just level a hunter then, sheesh, it's literally the noob loner class.

>are you a pvp god
>play one of the easiest class to play in pvp
Might as well recommend shadow priest.

>Alliance.
>Priest.
>Which race?

>I'm a faggot who doesn't think anything through
NE

>I care about rep gains more than raid spots
Human

>I want guaranteed raid spots all day long
Dwarf

Male or female?

Paladin or Warrior? I don't know what to choose and it's killing me because I just want to play

yeah but that's for my own entertainment, I enjoy telling you how bad you are at this

I got to level 12 but I'm starting to get bored. Should I power through it a bit more? Or should I go back to leveling my level 40 warrion on the old PvE server

My Hunter would exist for the sole purpose to boost my Warrior.

I like Swords and fightan.

Human if you want to be the strongest healer you can be.
Dwarf if you want to get arguably better pvp racial and one of the strongest utility buffs in the game.

Male ofc.

Yeah actually just remembered about fear ward and how fkn good it is

dwarf it is boys, see you in 100 queue seconds

Yeah warriors aren't for you. To be a warrior you need to be a take charge kind of guy. It's a dark road fraught with frustration and peril if you're by yourself. You will in all likelihood be driven to quit before you even hit 30. Being some submissive, shy cutie isn't going to cut it.

Consider Rogue, Hunter, or Priest.

>playing any of the alliance races as male
Shit taste desu

powering through boredom is the easiest way to get more frustrated and bored desu

KEEP YER FEET ON THE GROUND

This, warriors are for alpha males who have a harem of girls and beta males following them while they do the heavy lifting in dungeons.

>playing a slut

???????

It doesn't matter you won't make it to 60 anyway, roll what sound the most appealing to you

A top guild's BWL:

8 Warriors (3 tank, 5 DPS)
8 Mages
7 Rogues
5 Warlocks
5 Paladins
4 Priests
2 Hunters
1 Druid

...and I thought hunters had it bad. I'm sorry I lied to you, resto druid player: you're not wanted after all.

>get to stare at a hot character all day while you play
What's not to like?