USEast or Europe.

>Channels to chat with other anons?
Try 'd3g' or 'op md2ga' (on US East)

>Diablo 2 spam filter
forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=61493376&f=34
enjoy not seeing half of the things anyone says and still seeing spambots

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

diablo.gamepedia.com/Features_(Eastern_Sun)
us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20743026092
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoa dude, this shit actually exists?

d3>d2

Playing Median XL via D2SE, with Multires and a custom font. Shit's nice.

>last thread
>50 replies

Uhhh....

It could've been, in a parallel universe where the RMAH still existed and affixes didn't get trashed.

>when your bot doesn't find shit for three days straight

>d3g
>nothing about diablo 3

y

>being bothered that the video game didn't win itself for you while you weren't playing

Nobody plays Diablo 3.

tell me about it

i've been running 3 bots for a month and only high runes i've got was ber and sur and they dropped the same day in CS

i have no fucking idea how people are able to farm high runes so effectively that they are selling them online

lots of headless bots
dupes

do you even d2?

Requesting to join D3 NOFUN,

RNDLDVL#1825

dead clan m8

there's at max like 5 people on at a time, unfortunately

I just hit late game. How do I get specific items for these builds?
I want to try the angry chicken but I don't know how to get the specific legendries required.

grind
get blood shards and gamble
upgrade rares to uniques

Does anyone remember the name of this one mod for Diablo 2 that added like TONS OF FUCKING SHIT? Like new enemies and skills and shit? And I wanna say it had it's own ladder too but I might be wrong. I think it also had its own website. Also I think it was supposed to be a lot harder than vanilla diablo 2? It might also be a diablo 1 mod I'm thinking of.

I can remember a D2 mod that added a ton of shit, but unfortunately I don't remember the name or know whether it might be the one you're thinking of.

I do remember that it added a bunch of new gems, and I think there were even new qualities of gem besides the 5 we have now. Seemed like a pretty big overhaul of the game, but it's hard to remember any specific details... I'll see if I can find it on the googles.

ok I think the one I'm thinking of is called Eastern Sun: diablo.gamepedia.com/Features_(Eastern_Sun)

That sounds like it might be the one you were thinking of in desu I might check it out again, as long as installing it doesn't fuck around with my ability to play vanilla

anyone wanna power level me in d3?

>out of all games gf wants to play this one with me every season

fuck me, i grinded my ass off once, why do i have to do it every "season"

I wish the Diablo franchise wasn't dead as shit.

I just wish that any of the """""successors""""" of Diablo II actually managed to do it better.

And so far none of them have, and none of the early access/in development ones look like they will too.

grim dawn is like d2 with better graphics and story
wth do you want guys

>early access/in development ones
what are they called?

>grim dawn is like d2 with better graphics and story

Kill yourself.

Wolcen and that other one I forgot the name of. And the gook mmo arpgs if you want to count those.

care to explain why grim dawn is inferior to d2

Ugly, all characters look the same, all builds play pretty much the same, itemization is shit and items are ugly, game is coded like a turd, multi player doesn't exist, game is so boring it's not worth more than one playthrough on one difficulty.

i remember that long ass time ago there was a trailer for this new hack and slash game that was utilizing mouse movements to cast things and swings of your weapon. Anyone remembers this?

>i never levelled a character enough to see different playstyles
>this game is more ugly than the 800x600 25fps one
>multiplayer doesn't exist

One of those things is objective and true, guess which one !

You're retarded, and I have two 85s.

Can anyone help me unlock adventure mode so i can do the shitty d1 event?

How do I get into modding D2? Playing for the first time ever, and I have the digital copy.

I'd like resolution and enhancement mods.

v. 1.14b

Easiest way to get a furnace? Cube it on a wizard?

well first off you need to downgrade to 1.13c
nothing works with the newest patch

I run a thorns build and I'm uncertain if I want the ancient ring, then enchant the thorns in.

What do

Diablo 3 isnt so bad anymore.

It just needs better customization and itemization.

Really wish the necro patch was also an itemization overhaul.

>Really wish the necro patch was also an itemization overhaul.
I can't believe they're going to charge money to unlock a class. Are they League of Legends now?

Yeah enchant thorns onto the ancient one. Focus and Restraint aren't core for the invoker set though.

iirc dmg is useless and thorns cant crit so that ancient is really bad.

if its thorns roll is huge by comp its probably better but id roll your current to atk speed or sometrhing thorns actually uses

I'm on NA. Post your name and #

i recommend picking d2

>800 deaths breaths later
>no furnace

Am I doing something wrong? I'm upgrading two handed maces on a WD.

ShinyPants#21928

Create a seasonal character, adventure mode is automatically unlocked in a season.

what really?

How do I get back into D2?

I havent played since way back at its peak, so is Multiplayer+ladder even really alive? What would be a good druid build for someone who has played in a very very long time?

thank you user it worked

multiplayer and ladder still pretty lively, I think blizzard would get letterbombs if they ever shut down classic battle.net

>better graphics and story
not too high up on the list of important things though.
grim dawn is fun, if a bit too narrow in scope but it doesnt come anywhere near d2 in complexity of gameplay

>tfw the EU clan is a piece of shit, and with 20 people online, everyone still plays with randoms

Do you guys think Blizzard has it in them for Diablo 4 to end up closer to D2 considering how Diablo 3 was actually critiqued?

Lineage eternal?

No. The people who actually made Diablo 2 have long since moved on, and the mega-corporation known as "Activision-Blizzard" is about capturing maximum "market share" by appealing to the lowest common denominator in the simplest ways possible. They're not going to somehow churn out another Diablo 2.

What if best korea said "make diablo 4 good or else"?

>Roll necro
>wander into free game on the off chance something is about
>Trang's scales left lying about
Off to a good start.

What does Korea have to do with anything? I don't think they even play StarCraft 2.

I said best korea.

>need only a skull grasp to start having fun
>all I'm getting is bullshit rings instead

>tfw there are literal xD posters in the EU clan
>shitty officers don't keep it Veeky Forums and invite random friends

>page 10

>Bought Diablo 3 Battlechest yesterday because it was on sale and I wanted to tryout the Anniversary event
>Turns out that you need to be on Adventure mode to play it
>But you can use Adventure Mode if you create a Season Character
>Created a Barbarian and wretched the shit out of the Anniversary Dungeon
>got the sweet rewards and a L20+ Barbarian
This game kicks ass

how well skelly necro does when soloing hell? I know you have some bullshit leveled skill even without gears like CE, Revives, iron maiden and the other curses, but how well our bone friends actually does?

D2, ofc.

im thinking about makig botd in etheral thunder maul for my ww barb but im wondering is it's even worth it and if it would be better than dual griefs

what is this complexity of gameplay you're talking about ?

The boners are going to be your main asset all the way through, you'll just have to remember to support them with decripefy and/or attract against dangerous enemy packs. They don't exactly have top tier killspeed, but they can kill almost anything and then the rest blows up with CE when the first bodies hit the FFFLOOORRR.

yo ive been playing this game on and off for 10 years but this is the first time i see this shield

hell yeha. CE is fucking amazing, that domino effect. revives are fun too. never played necro in hell, I think I'll try it one day

lots of their skills are so good without much gear, unlike sorceress. I had a duo element sorcereress and even so suffering was still inevitable

Let's go baby, just got my second character to 90 on SP.

Not sure what to play next.

Either:
Strafezon (Level 87, somewhat OK gear aside from the bow, hits like a wet noodle)
Trapsin (Level 70, alright gear)
Werewolf Dudu (Level 20, got some mid range gear)
Zeal Pala (Level 22, got Zaka, GA and a skiller ready for him)
Poison Nova Necro (Level 60, shit gear)
Java (Fresh start)

not sure if he'll spawn in this public game, but i don't have time to hang around all night and find out! game name: Lam Cbaals-61

You know D3 is dead as shit when even Schwabi isn't back for the season.

that nigga was pure lightning or you cold or fire

Pure light, why? Also I've decided I'll go with Java I've got some tgods and titans for her ready that I found on my MF sorc the other day.

I haven't played D2 in forever and want to get back into it. What class and build is the most comfy?

How do I fix Diablo 2 so it works well on new machines and res?

Use the glide wrapper: us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20743026092

Can't do much for the res outside of mods though.

sent ;)

Anyone from NA playing seasons on D3? Is there a clan? My clan never has more than ~5 people online at a time.

im trying to but solo is boring
no
all clans are like that

Why the fuck are you on windows 2000

how do i do this if im on w10?

Comfy? A minion-focused Necromancer can get away with sitting back and just throwing the occasional curse on enemies.

RNG my dude, I know how you feel

I would also like an answer to this question. What makes d2's monster clicking any better than d3's or grim dawn's?

>Versus D3
Better characters, meaningful builds, not missing out on season reward exclusive content, etc.
>Versus Grim Dawn
D2 actually has characters, D2's engine never starts shitting itself, 3 skill trees per class (Grim Dawn's 2-class system is cool, but you effectively only have two skill trees).I'd argue that D2's atmosphere is also better (Grim Dawn's "post-apocalypse" thematics just feel out of place to me). Also, real randomly-generated map layouts.

windy druid or ww barb

>not missing out on season reward exclusive content
So, you don't know about ladder-only runewords and uniques ?
>D2 actually has characters
tf you're talking about, never met John Bourbon ? Ulgrim the cook ? There's also a fucking father ready to burn his children alive because he lost hope, but I guess charsi had more "character"
>3 skill trees per class (Grim Dawn's 2-class system is cool, but you effectively only have two skill trees)
to be fair, grim dawn class trees are a little bigger and there's far fewer useless skills
>real randomly-generated map layouts.
never understood this argument. are people really like 'aww shit it's like i never played on this map, totally new experience' ? I personnally prefer better wordbuilding, and you can't do that with random maps.

Fuck off grim yawn baby, go make your own general.

Excellent rebuttal, bravo

>here I'll type all this braindead retarded shit, and if you don't waste your time tipping your fedora with rebuttals, you lose ecks dee

>Exclusive content
Can those runewords be obtained at any time? If so, they're not locked up forever.
>characters
I meant the player character; the classes in Diablo 2 are characters in their own right(s). There are some interesting characters in Grim Dawn (Ulgrim), but they're kind of bland compared to the various Evils, Deckard Cain, and Tyrael. The voice acting in GD is also pretty bad.
>random maps
Grim Dawn has a few key places that look nice, but the dungeons and a lot of the overworld look like they could easily be parts of a random generator. I'm not saying GD's world is bad, but I would rather have something truly new every time.

I'm saying that GD's world is bad. Ugly, boring, uninspired, and brown.

Hello, d/3g. I've played a lot of diablo 2, torchlight and mmorpgs over the lasts 20 years and shit and finally bought this d3 mess.

I played the act 1 on a trial account at the hard mode and everything was...easy as expected

now I got the complete game and I wanna know: should I keep playing it on the hard level since it's a first run character without gear or I can dare to start at the expert mode? Game literally says that this level is for players with optimized gear with gems and shit which is not my case

I can't really play now but I wanna know if this recommendation is really accurate or I can just dive on this expert mode with my gaming experience and enjoy a good challenge.

I don't want to, let's say, play two hours and kill my pride later changing the difficult to 'hard' kek

Yeah you can do expert. You could even level on master but its too slow.

Are you NA? Post your tag and I'll just power level you, if you want. The game doesn't even start until level 70.

D3 is better at 70, its not a bad game, just not as good as 2.

Oh, ok I'll try the expert mode.

I still need to test some classes to get their overall feeling (I avoided spoilers all those years so almost everything is new) Thanks for the invite but I'll enjoy my autism in those first hours and there's friend of mine that might buy the game too (and he's not that... experienced) so I'll wait a little bit before committing to a more 'serious' play, have yet to decide class, and etc.

Thanks again for the answer and the help!

Barb, Sader, and Monk are all great with a good amount of customization.

Ignore Wizard, its had the SAME good build for like 9 seasons(theres only 9 seasons) and its rather boring.

WD is also good.

>start up a new thornsader, glad they finally made a set around it when I quit like season 3
>barely manage to do T12 in a quick manner, barely scrape out double digit million damage
>its fun but slow, dunno how to get better since nothing scales on this entire fucking build
>friend invites me to do a 70GR
>ok fine
>trash has 89B hp
>elites have 1.4 trillion hp
>rares have 800b hp
>Rift Guardian has 4 trillion
>he 2 shots the rift guardian on his wizard
>"oh yeah manald heal dude"
>looks like trash item
>lets him do like 80 grifts with minimal effort and shit gear--