/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qOgDDAgmaOU
youtube.com/watch?v=lDWCf5wqGoQ
youtube.com/channel/UC8iDO91cJ_Idqi14rQtI6RA
youtube.com/watch?v=Mbok577vP0s
youtube.com/watch?v=nWFmSFOUFLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just heard about what Charlotte did from the discord.

R.I.P. robot. He will be missed.

What he(female) do?

Someone make a Generations room, I would but the wifi at my parents' house is shit. I'll join one you make it.

Is this custom made or a case?

"Berubetto-sama - Today at 9:54 PM
Started to gain sentience from the suffering and was promptly shut off by his caretakers."

Custom made

Cringe

Medium?

Id like to say plaster?

Wood

Nice

Is it? The post doesn't say.

Yeah it is, made using Dremel tool

I see it now, most obvious on the teeth and claws. Fascinating.

>Plesioth is easier to deal with underwater than on land

>ptsd from pre 3rd gen hipchecks
>doesn't hipcheck underwater

Can you transfer saves from Gen to X? I know you can do the reverse but I'm probably importing XX.

yeah he does

Pretty clear what Capcom needs to do here.

Yes, you don't even need the tool to go back to X.

Underwater hipchecks are lagi's thing

no he doesn't, underwater he has charges, 2 180 tailspins with each spin having the tail go 270+ degrees, water beam and some dive bomb where he jumps out of the water

Do you happen to know what happens to Lodestar pieces when you transfer?

Any good set ideas for Esurient R?

For bow users and perhaps bowguns, definitely.

For Blademasters though? The natural white weapons are just too good.

play the game my man, he has a literal hipcheck underwater

Not much to do with the full set but it's decent in sharpness +1/2 mixed sets. Sadly you can't really fit that much on top of Sharpness +2 and Razor Sharp without perfect charms.

So what are the best insect glaives in MH4U? I just reached G rank

>yfw hyper jho is easier than hyper silver los
fuck hyper silver los

I don't know if I want to b Link or Samus....

Tiger Stripe, Chameleos, Shagaru, Fatalis

If you're just entering G rank, the midnight glaive, fimbulveltr, cannibal happa, tyrant rod, and anubis are all fairly easy to get and will take you up through G rank

Once you're at G crown you can get the hazy caster, daora's samudra, hellruin glaive, true fatalis dyaus, fatalis overlord, universus, and bounding dalamadur

So did anyone else realize that Glavenus is a thousand degree knife before it was a meme?

>MHFU
>MH3U
>MH4U
>MHG
can't decide which to play at the moment

Cringe

4U

So what does that make Hellblade?

Obviously a thousand degree knife vs fireworks experiment gone wrong.

We've had two tail based brutes, three head based brutes, and one arm based brute

Are we getting a kicking brute next?

>EXPLODING KNEES Brachydios

I now want this

How does chain crit work? Do I get the full benefit after the first hit or is there a build up?

I'm wondering if it works if you don't have any affinity to begin with

Stop sucking japans' dick. Canta is obviously on par with top tier speedrunners there.

1st hit boost your affinity by 25%, buff last 5-6 seconds and you can reset buff if you land at least 1 hit within those 5-6 seconds, if you hit 5 times in a row you get boosted to 30%

Does anyone have that chart that describes everyweapon and style variation?

It was posted last thread, but here you go.

noob question, does Super Nova deal blast damage? this game is infuriating when it comes to finding out details

Why is there a picture of a ludroth?

Dash Juice

I don't get it.

You lose Archdemon mode for further Demon Dance enhancements.

You need Mega Dash Juice to use Striker DBs, and Ludroth (along with Gyp) is the main source of Dash Extract needed to make it.

I still don't know what Striker HH is supposed to be though

Did Charge Blade get nerfed? I'm still new to gen.

Striker HH can use the hilt stab three times in a row successively, its only source of A-notes.

Yes.

How bad is it? I know the KO potential made Hammer basically useless imo.

Guardpoints function differently and you can't shield thrust into AED anymore. There's this image that was made at around Gen's release

So the last time I played 4U was a couple months shy of 2 years ago now, just before the gold los DLC came out.

I don't have time to play tonight but assuming I get back into it, what ought I do that I missed out on? I'm GCrown so everything is on the table.

How did we go from this:

youtube.com/watch?v=qOgDDAgmaOU

to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=lDWCf5wqGoQ

MHGen OST is so bad it hurts

I thought GPs were part of what made the weapon really hype and although the phial charged attacks were very powerful it was still part of the fantasy of the weapon where it feels very impactful. Why would you just basically ruin the feel of the weapon instead of tweaking numbers?

as much as I loved 4U GPs, they were just too good, at least in Gen I find myself using Axe mode more and not overly relying on GPs anymore

>there's no reason to ever use yellow shield
Just like in 4U?

Yellow shield in MH4U was a warning that you had

so when is frontier going to #makechargebladegreatagain?

Charge blade was great once. It doesn't need to be buffed again. Gunlance on the other hand, never once it experiences a greatness.

meanwhile dual blades is top tier in every single appearance

Probably will be revealed at the 10 year anniversary in June.

Pretty sure they were shit in the first game

Cool looking, but shit

All weapons were shit in the first game.

I'm trying to remember this japanese youtuber who's really good at MH, he only uses GS/LS and he was quite popular here during the MH3U/MH4U days, can anyone help?

Then we'd have Zenith CB fucking over the other three styles in that game.

youtube.com/channel/UC8iDO91cJ_Idqi14rQtI6RA
this guy maybe?

White Fatalis

Oh shit, thanks user.

Was Tri MH's most experimental phase?

Gen is

Gen room

28-9825-3505-3439

I just want to get my Nakarkos urgent out of the way, and then whatever.

MH1 is. Everything since then kept to the same golden formula.

Will they ever bring back PvP?

Why?

Hunter Hunter

youtube.com/watch?v=Mbok577vP0s

Hey guys im new to MH (playing MHgen) and I had a few questions I wanted to ask (playing with DB atm)

I'm currently on 4 star quests and am using the BuYaBuJaBu set and have upgraded them to the point where Armor Sphere+ is needed. I was given a few for free but I was wondering should I keep upgrading and if not then when/what do I switch?

Also in general is HR important? I've been looking online on how to increase it but some of the quests aren't showing up. For example for the guild key quests there are 5 to do before HR 2 and I've done 4 but "Tackling the Tetsucabra" isn't showing up on my list. Do I unlock these by doing other stuff?

>can't make full attack CB set with Guard +2 if I want to use deviant weapons
Fuck. I miss relic weapons.

>can't make full attack
Well you aren't a speedrunner so you could always stop caring about that part

What if I am? ;^)

You can get Armor Spheres from mining certain nodes on various maps, so don't worry about running out of them. Except Heavy Armor Spheres, which are the endgame ones that can be a little bothersome to get in mass. If desired the Bujabujabu mix set or full sets like Ceanataur or Rathalos could carry you can craft their high rank equivalents.

HR or Hunter Rank is initially indicative of your personal progression in the hub quests (tailored for multi but can be done solo), independent of the village quests. Some quests especially at the end of a given rank will have specific HR requirements. This changes depending on the game, but in MHGen's case:

>HR 1-3 = Low Rank (first loop)
>HR 4-7 = High Rank (second loop)
>HR 8> = Post-Narkakos

At that stage, your true HR is revealed after doing that quest since it's been building up in the background the entire game; people who rush keys typically unlock at less than HR20 and those who take their time will be higher. Then you wait for the re-release to give us G-Rank.

And yes, you may need to do other quests before unlocking others; this is notable with the Fated Four quests. In MHGen, many people in the villages will have requests that are indicated with a speech bubble in the quest list for either Village or Hub, so there's that too. Urgent quests are unlocked by doing all the quests marked as key quests, though you can find those listed online I'd insist on taking your time enjoying yourself and moving up when ready.

Note that the person who posts the urgent quest or villager request will be the only one who gets credit, which makes the latter ridiculously annoying. Anyone can get credit for keys.

Dragon Atk +2
Pierce Up,
Critical Eye +2
Chain Crit
Elemental Crit

Are these good skills for ala bow?

how Do I git gud with long sword?

Awesome this helps a lot. Thank you very much

Guild the fuck up my man. Sakura Slash and Readiness to begin with. Don't fall for the bushido meme. And when you feel more confident Striker awaits.

youtube.com/watch?v=nWFmSFOUFLc

How do you get the 7* Hellfire Star urgent back?

No problem.

So i got a lobby with a file importer idk how i felt about it but he was better than me so ig it didn't matter in the end but....

Whats the playerbase stance when it comes to hacking?

As long as it isn't some OP/unobtainable shit there really is no big deal.
If he hacked to get his gear and he's a shit player that needs to be carried then it's a problem.

I once used a save editor to make a completely impossible god charm in 4U so I could have the skills to sate my autism while still wearing whatever I wanted

That was nice

>needing to hack in a +5 Crit Element +13 Dragon Atk OOO charm just for metal raths
Kindly kys.

Fuck, there really needs to be craftable charms in some capacity. Don't care if it took exclusively rare drops, it would be something at least.