Where do sites like these (Veeky Forums, Reddit, 9gag, etc) even get users from?

Where do sites like these (Veeky Forums, Reddit, 9gag, etc) even get users from?

Other urls found in this thread:

wowpotato.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Can_Has_Cheezburger
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the earth

9gag founder is a multi millionaire, because kids love cancer content. YU MAD?

Founder(s) you idiot. The site is run and created by nunerous chinks.

Other websites

>The FOUNDER of 9GAG is a multi-MILLIONAIRE and YOU shitpost on Chinese CARTOON forums

Word of mouth

97% have come here because a friend told them or someone made a post about it on a forum

Also lots of crossposting between various sites that a popular at any given time.

Also, both Reddit and Veeky Forums have had media exposure.
I mean, wasn't Obama on Reddit once?
And Veeky Forums is infamous through several years now. *van blowing up*

anyone wanna make this with me wowpotato.com/

yeah sure, whats your idea?

build another failblog / 9gag / cheezburger and then have a nice exit. I think it can get done in 1-2 years

haha, describe the exit. bought out? acquired? merged? or like we spam the fuck out of it with adsense?

I'd like to sell it off to ICHC so it can become part of their network (they have ~25 "sister sites": en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Can_Has_Cheezburger )

No doubt that they'll take the bite with this name. The site can run ads on it, but I think it should be clean/uncluttered to set itself apart from all the other sites that are full of stuff that bog the sites down and are visually unappealing. For now, a simple, clean wordpress theme can be thrown up onto it just to get the ball rolling and we can play with it

alright, fair enough, and yeah i agree, wowpotato is very memeish for the normies.

let's exchange contact info, do you have steam?

I've noticed that some people have already started visiting the site over the past year that I've had the domain sitting there, and they're copying/pasting the image on forums, and some even put wowpotato.com as a link in their bio on facebook lol.

I have a steam account but I don't have steam installed because I don't use it, is there anything else you use? Skype?

yeah ive got one, but id rather not post that here lol, does the form at the bottom of the page work? if it does, ill just shoot you my skype through there.

alright cool, yes it works

alright i just sent it with attached pic

I sent you a message as well.

just sent you an email in case you want to hire a veteran to make you a ton of meme material to shill on Veeky Forums with

tfw you witnessed the birth of wowpotato

Developer's immediate networks of casual connections: friends, the online communities they belong to... I mean use you're imagination.

Alternatively they could use paid traffic, like Facebook, Google Ads, etc. etc. to draw in traffic at first, or embellish what they already established with their immediate network.

>nu drummer for Spinal Tap
keke'd then worried. DOGE CANNOT DIE UNDER MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES!!

But dude, what's your end game for this? You may get some meme Buzzfeed exposure, but how are you going to maintain that and monetize it?

...strategic partnership with a French Fry brand, maybe?

Has Reddit been around to long? The internet hub sites always seem to molt and turn into something new. Fark into Digg, then Digg into Reddit. I wish Hubski had taken off, it really curtailed the juvenile memeing in comment section. I guess people just want that cheap laugh shit, hence reddit, 9gag, and chive.

Veeky Forums continues to offer the most unique experience in anonymous shit posting. Not to sound /pol/ but memes are put into the crucible and only the best survive.

Every person out there that goes on the net uses a site like reddit. Girls have pintrest and some boutique-y buzzfeed news aggregator. Guys use this nerd shit. I can't wait for the day we get to see a bane meme make it on TV.