Friendly reminder that the F40 is the best Ferrari

Friendly reminder that the F40 is the best Ferrari.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3MDTcXGsjuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can agree with this

Damn rights it was. Every child of the 90's has a F40 as a poster on the wall, alongside the McLaren F1

That's a Fiero.

Can't say you are wrong.

I had an F-14 breaking the sound barrier

Why exactly do people praise this car for being an uncomfortable fast car but criticize the Viper ACR for being an uncomfortable fast car?

f50 > f40
quit being fags

>It's okay when Ferrari does it

>engine bolted to your spine.

at what

being entry level fap bait

reminder that no one here has driven it and everything it does a shifter kart can do better

Because it's faster than Ferrari

>kit car is faster

The only problem with the F50 is that it isn't an F40

I had a Holden Commodore

>entry level fap bait

To a current generation teens, yah nawww. They'd rather cum on a booguti beyhue

I had a Diablo though

entry level enthusiast

there

its hype that car sites built up for it has it way bigger than it deserves to be

They should have quit after the F40. It can only be downhill from there.

>newer car is faster than older car

Don't you dare try to pull that shit off because it's too obvious which is faster except for a commercial panel van being faster than a new toyobaru.

>enthusiast

Fine, I'll let you pass. Dork of pussy

Please.

F40?

Modern Tires on pic related would run rings around it.

That thing needs much more modern under its fiberglass skin.

344 horsepower p e r l i t r e

>the F40 is the best Ferrari.

Anybody who actually believes this is ignorant of the four decades of Ferrari history that came before the F40.

You just redpilled yourself on fanboy marketing

There are a lot of nice Ferraris from the 70s & 80s, but the F40 is probably the best.

>hp/L

Confirmed idiot.

Very much like to drive this car, yes

Friendly reminder that you will never own a Ferrari.

>Viper ACR
Because the Viper ACR was built with a different mindset.

Ferrari is for the refined gentleman that prefers to drive everything manually, by the bones of his fingers and his wits. The Viper ACR is more like

>lel lets build a fast car cause we can

If you ever get to drive either you will understand why.

>tfw you loved F40 from the childhood
>the day came, that movie was a Joshua Tree
>that wasn't even a real F40

What a horrible interior

Do you believe in The Crew F40 btw? Damn those loooooong gears.

Only if you're too young to not remember Group B.

Pretty much everytime the Viper gets mentioned people cream their pants. You have to be a literal retard beyond what most Veeky Forumstists are capable of to not respect what that car can do.

So the Ferrari is pretentious and the Viper is not. Got it.

>twin turbo V8
That's not a Ferrari, cunt.

Just throwing this out here - This car is so beautiful. I don't think we will ever see the likes of something like this in 200 or 300 years.

What? It's performance and driver oriented.
Sorry it doesnt have a large touch screen for your millenial ass.

t. a millenial

Ferrari was on next level shit in the 60s

Needing anything more in an entire than digital early 80's engine management controllers, analog dials, gated shifter, Italian steering wheel and racing seats.

>pure driver feel

0/10 troll because it's true, F40 is best Ferrari

>F40 isn't a Ferrari because it has a V8TT

>selling cars only for select people and doing limited production runs
Ferrari is no different than any other boutique manufacturer

>Just repeiting what clarkson said
>Expecting a 90's italian super car to be comfy

>be child of the 90's
>don't be interested in cars until I'm ~19

>Dagumi, oh you...

True. F50 a shit

So much this.

>ITT: benchracers lose their spaghetti on a car they'll never drive, spewing every meme they heard from journalists.

Reminder that Enzo Ferrari's Face looks like the F40

Somebody please shop that.

Don't fail me, Veeky Forums.

I have never had any posters on my wall.

I never understood the point

>Born in the 80's

Came here to post this, my nigga.

It's not just the best Ferrari. It's the best supercar ever built.

Excuse me but thats Özil.

The only thing that really bugs me off is the plainly visible green glue holding the carbon panels together on the outer sides of both footwells.

Being driver-oriented or racing-oriented or whatever doesn't excuse this kind of details, because if that's the excuse, then why did they decide to wrap the dashboard with something clean and tidy, or why did they use leather on the steering wheel and the handbrake or why did they go to the trouble of hiding all the wires and shit that would be on plain sight on a proper race car?

It makes no sense, green glue on a black and red interior is a punch in the eyes, it's not any more functional than hidden glue and it could have been hidden easily just as they decided to hide pretty much everything else.

Joke is on you, I have a nice red F355 GTS F1 sitting in my garage.

The F355 drives and steers surprisingly well for an Italian super car, miles better than the old F328 GTS.

>group B
>Monster cars that go at the speed of sound on straights and then crawl through corners because lol600hp

You nostalgic lot are so sad.
The only reason group B is still famous is because there are production versions of those cars in someone's garage right now and because they had crazy numbers.
If they decided to make 2016 or 2017-spec homologation specials of WRC cars, everyone would forget group B even existed in a heartbeat.

except the f40 is slow and the viper isnt. Fuck the fedora is strong with this one.

take off your nostalgia googles.

I've driven both. The F50 is better than the F40 and it's not close.

Since it's pointless debating wether you did drive said cars or not, I want to commend you for saying something against all the nostalgiafags ITT.

Don't get me wrong, I love the F40 just as much as much as anybody but saying it's the best just because "muh poster" is just retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=3MDTcXGsjuo

Except numerous motoring journalists all choose the F40 over the F50.
The problem is that Ferarri built an almost perfect supercar, and then tried to improve it, and they couldn't. I mean personally I think the front of the F40 looks better than the front of the F50.

Also Ferrari realized with the F50 that you can't just slap F1 technology into a car and make it better.

The F40 is just as faster and faster in a straightline. It's also more comfortable to drive and own. I personally think it looks better as well but that's subjective.

The F40 has become a fan boy car, and everyone always makes it out to be so much better than the F50, and it's not. It's marginally better. They're both fantastic cars. But if myself and most motoring journalists had to pick, they'd take the F40.

Group B is still famous because it was literally the most insane racing competition of all time.

>It's also more comfortable to drive and own
it's got a pretty stiff suspension suitable for high speed racetrack
it doesn't even have carpets ffs

The F40 has the charm and swagger.
The F50 is only better in the eyes of tryhards.

I didn't say it was comfortable compared to all cars. I said it was more comfortable than the F50.

Most people don't sit there staring at the footwells so no, it isn't an eyesore. There's nothing special aboout the steering wheel or handbrake lever, it's just regular Ferrari spec. The dash is flocked to eliminate glare.

Although it's difficult to make comparisons because the stages changed over the years, the average speed of rallying has only gone up with time.

For example, the last Finland rally set the highest average speed of all time, meaning today's cars can easily compete with groupB cars.

They were dangerous, sure, but they are currently being outperformed by their modern counterparts with only half the power, and it's only going to get better next year, considering the heavy bump in power and aero they will receive with the new rules.

I still stand by the idea that gr.B cars are mostly remembered because of the homologation specials and the numbers.
There is also the spectator factor and all those crowds literally standing in the way of cars, which produced some of the finest rallying video footage ever, but it has nothing to do with the cars themselves.
If they decided to let spectators stand where they want, you would still see the same crowds of insane people cheering inches from speeding cars.

I'm not saying they weren't spectacular cars, but I think constantly wanking over them (and the occasional bashing on modern cars as if they were any slower) as if they were the pinnacle of racing is something that makes no sense anymore.

Jan. 17 2016
Op was not a fag.
I fully agree with your opinion.

still got mine

Most people don't sit with their head turned to watch the roll cage, but everyone hated BMW with a passion when they sold a car (don't remember which one) with ugly welds on the cage a few months ago.
And that is even less visible than green glue in the footwells.

Because the Ferrari is European

Group B was an experience, the cars were weird shapes (Stratos), had vibrant colours, were incredibly loud and fast, the crowds really got into it, just as much risk for the drivers as it was for the spectators.

What Ferrari is the f40 again? thats the one michael schumacherr died in right?

Dino says hi.

No it's the one Senna died in

>nobody looks at it so it's fine

What a retarded argument

With the BMW you think "if this cage weld is sketchy" what will the rest be like. You don't think that with the Ferrari. You know Ferrari were aware of the green glue.

A bit of a normie choice but I really like the thing. It just has every single of aspect of Ferrari turned to 11.

>Except numerous motoring journalists all choose the F40 over the F50.
Who cares, they are entertainers, they don't know anything about those cars. The F50 was not Ferrari trying to improve the F40. They have almost nothing in common.

>It's also more comfortable to drive and own
Definitely not true

Yeah I mean it's not like their lives are dedicated to studying, driving, and evaluating top of the line cars or anything... They'd have to have an IQ of 10 for them not to know more than anyone on this board because who here gets to drive newly released supercars every week? No one? Damn what a surprise. Acting like you know better than the multitude of journalists who have all spent hours inside each car is literally autism. Gtfo of here trip fag.

And considering how everyone who drives the F50 always complains about the engine being intergrated into your backbone.

I agree completely, it's really fantastic.

lol idiot

I've spent more time in an F40 than any journalist. F50 maybe not, but I still know more than any journalist because I know how to work on the car.

whats the dash made out of under the carpet?

Plywood

why? its not really that lightweight.

I was being facetious. I'm pretty sure the main dash structure is the same kevlar composite material as everything else, but I haven't pulled a dash out or looked that closely so I can't say for sure

So the body itself is cevlar and carbon fiber but dashboard is plywood? Fucking italians.

You're acting like there is a consensus amongst professional testers that F40>F50.
This is not true. Personally I'd still have the F40, even ahead of the 288GTO, because muh feels.

The only good turbo charged Ferrari.
for now I'm not sure about the 488 yet.

Saw one in the wild.
On the expressway.
Downtown Chicago.
Speed limit going.
Damn thing is like go cart small.

Pic

>best classic Ferrari
>not 288 GTO

dogshit

chassis is some sort of steel so a bit old fashioned