/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Still not ded edition

Previous Sortie:
A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DnfSoaJxe3Y
youtu.be/mGFIIoBicZc
youtube.com/watch?v=CwYaQS59UGQ
youtu.be/-8Gd-2eeajw
flightgear.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

remove chink

remove leopard

remove anime

About time I played that again

youtu.be/DnfSoaJxe3Y

youtu.be/mGFIIoBicZc

>actually missing that autist

how low we have fallen

How I lost my simg virginity.

Technically it's Flanker 2.0

But I was so fucking young at the time it doesn't count.

I don't know what my parents were thinking at the time.

You guys like DCS Huey? Does it feel natural? I watched a few youtube vids on it and it seems pretty solid, but I don't know if I want to drop big money on it if it's basically arma.

It's nothing like Arma. The FM on the Huey is pretty good. You would be impressed. Although I would recommend the KA-50.

The Huey feels fucking fantastic to fly. Definitely one of the best feeling flight models in the game in my opinion. It feels very raw and really good. Definitely better than Arma.

fast gun kills make my dick hard.

They are held in the chopper by a 5$ connection band.

are custom skins still a thing in BoS? Would I get banned for modifying the default skins? I want to put swazis on them because I'm autistic and like historical accuracy.

You can make custom skins but people have to install them if they want to see you using them, and you wont get banned for putting swazis on planes.

Can I modify the default skins in the game files so they all have swazis?

back to >>/pol/ nazi scum

No

I'm not a nazi I just think censorship is retarded

shame, if you use a custom skin will just the first default skin be shown for people who don't have it?

kill yourself
Hitler should have one

It will use last official skin you picked for the plane.

Thanks for the help senpai.

>burgers
AMERICANS GET OUT REEEEEE

So dealing with these skins I'd like to make a BoS skinpack that is organized and easy to drag and drop in the main directory. If any of you are using custom skins that are good and want to share I'd appreciate a zip full of them.

I'll be making a Big Nig skin for Kuban's A20 when the devs throw out the .psd for it, I also have a small number of skins but nothing much to put up on a host site.

>Brandenburgers

If they are good I'll take them if you have them, want to make this skin pack good and finding skins for every plane is a pain in the ass.

Most of the skins i made are not historically accurate, but i guess i could make a few just to pitch in.

No rudder for Wags.

>implying he doesn't have douglas baders own rudder legs

real thought, does wags' dick work?

He can only do the rolling takeoff.

i want to fuck wags cute boi pucci

ded

What do your sim rigs look like? Is there a way to get a decent affordable professional flightsim rig?

>decent affordable
make your own, plenty of LCDs, switches and a controller ic

>professional
oh..

pentiumII, 512ram, geforce3

This is my setup for racing - though I have a CV1 now not DK2. Thinking about adapting it for flight sims too but currently just use them at my computer desk.

hey /simg/
I just got ETS2 and it's so fucking fun
should I get any DLCs

Oh and I have CSP v3s now. I should really take another picture

when I mean professional I mean rudder pedals, cyclic, and the collective. That sort of thing. I'm not talking true simulator level play, just seems like you can't really strap a cyclic to the desk and be able to control it proficiently.

>Y'all newfags need to get on my level

youtube.com/watch?v=CwYaQS59UGQ

How quickly can you get up to 50000ft @ mach 2?

Yo i'm in the US now

Didn't we have a heloanon talking a while back about how the Huey FM felt spot on?

It's great, just don't expect it to slaughter hordes of enemies.

>LNS Stated that all ROUND 3 participants would be given a %50 Discount Code if the CoreMod Viggen files from Round 3 were not leaked prior to release. So far we have had no security compromises, keep it up! I'm not exactly sure how the discount code will work, but the process will likely be similar to the prize awarding. I will update you all further as information comes in. Happy New Year!

cunning

bit gay

cuckanon hasn't posted here since raptor was accused. REALLY makes ya think, huh?

Never gonna be ded

raptor was exposed as cuckanon when he posted here with his trip on
now he can't bear the shame of knowing everyone here heard his mum gettin bonked

i joystick rb W*r Th*nder

autism never dies

>moving goalposts

classic wgg meme

They better thank their god I didn't play.
I would have leaked that shit so fast.
WikiLeaks would pay millions

Take a picture of Walmart and prove it.
It's our tescos

No its not. Asda is our walmart

How much powsi do you score with that bad boy?

Has anyone tried X-Plane 11 yet?
I'm in the mood for some comfy flying.

WW2 is pure and fun.

2 nukes wasn't enough

What went wrong?

also first time i opened the thread in 2 months and nothing changed. ebin

Too bad he's so ugly there's no way he could seduce his mom.

Truly feel bad for cuck user.

Hi, since I haven't found anything in the OP:

I want to get a proper wheel for driving games, mainly Assetto Corsa and ETS2.
Now, I have heard good things about the G92(0), although it has apparently gear driven FFB and shitty pedals.
The Thrustmaster T300 seems more high quality in that regard, but it's also so much more expensive - since I am planning on also getting a gearstick, I would be at around 500 for the T300, which is an awful lot for a toy.
Not that I couldn't afford it, but I don't like paying more than necessary, BUT - I also have no problem paying more for actual quality.
So my question is how much of a difference is there between those wheels? Is the higher price on the T300 justified? Will the G29 break earlier? How about the shifters and pedals? I drive stick since I got my licence over 10 years ago, will that make a difference in wheel and stick usage?
Or is there an even better wheel I don't have on the radar right now?

I kept the place as you had left it.

Get a G27/G25 if your budget is smaller and you want a shifter, get a thrust master tx + pedals + t8a shifter if you have around a grand burning a hole in your pocket.

Daily reminder that this is what cuck user looks like.
youtu.be/-8Gd-2eeajw

But aren't G27s out of production? I don't really want to get a used one.

G29 has much better pedals than the ones that the T300 comes with. Thrustmaster had Madcatz tier QA when it comes to their wheels as well. Mine was DOA, and you'll find a constant stream of posts with people asking questions about broken T300s.

That said T300 force feedback is generally regarded as better. I've use both and I think gears are better at instantaneous forces while belts are better at sustained and more powerful forces.

If you want to get a gear stick, try and find a G27. Those things are becoming very rare though now that they're not produced anymore but it comes with a gear stick and is basically the same as the G29 internally.

I think an H shifter is kind of dumb for simracing though because it's objectively slower and feels absolutely nothing like a real stick and clutch do. It depends why you play though. The muh immershun crowd loves the things, but muh win rate players don't care or use them.

Spoiler: You'll always find a lot of people complaining about products they bought on the internet. The people who don't have problems don't post about it.

Haven't had problems with any of the Thrustmaster stuff I bought. I have the Warthog and a T500 wheel.

Them what I'll talk from my own experience and say that I think Thrustmaster is overrated and doesn't deserve the status they have because their QA is no better than Madcatz and the Warthog is also overrated and not worth the price.

Ive never had problems with the Logitech wheels I've owned and used, but have had many with the T300 and was disappointed with the Warthog at work.l considering its cost and reputation.

That's funny because I have a Warthog and I think it's fantastic

Yeah, the stick is kinda disappointing. Spring is too light as well as the trigger, but it works without problems. The throttle is alright.

I find the stick just right.
I went from a mad catz cyborg stick, to a hotas X to a Warthog,
cyborg was too heavy, hotas x too light but the Warthog is in that sweet spot and makes aerial gunnery much easier

>youtu.be/-8Gd-2eeajw
That's not really him....is it..?

The MiG15bis is an overpriced package and the plane kinda sucks blackhawk. to be quite honest family.

I don't think it's a bad stick, just overrated. That people speak so highly of I think says more about the shit state of flight sim peripherals than of the stick itself.

My only issue with the stick is price so I'm inclined to agree.

The throttle however, fuck the slew nipple

Yup.

Disgusting

who is this cutie female?

I seriously hope no one thinks Razbam's Mirage 3 will stand a chance against the F-5E or MiG-21BIS.

flightgear.org/

>she

It's a she, she's just English. She's a 4/10 underneath the makeup though for real. It's disappointing. but I really didn't like the Mig15bis. really disappointing family.

The MiG 21 used to shit on the M2KC

Do I need to sign up anywhere for Wings of liberty to track my stats?

What's not to like about the MiG?

If it's to do with what it can and can't do then that's on you for not doing your research really

It'll be fine

Considering every 3rd gen multiplayer server in DCS is just random assholes taking off by ones or twos almost directly into a low-altitude furball things that would be crippling disadvantages in real life like range, rate of climb, lack of RWR, radar don't really matter that much. I fly the F-86 on the cold war server all the time and do pretty good

It'll probably fit somewhere between the Mig-21 and F-5, with better TWR and rate of climb than the F-5, and turning better than the Mig.

Not the BIS. Really wish LN had made an earlier variant that saw more combat like the PF or MF instead of this super late meme that we have now.

I think the Mirage III is in all aspects worst than the F-5

According to this it has a worse T/W but smililar turn rate

am i reading this chart correctly. does the vigger really have the same sustained turn rate of an F-16 and M2K?