What made the Integra so impressive?

Why is the Integra DC2 held up as one of the gold standards of an FF "sports car" and if they were why don't they make them anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5939388870.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good shit in a good shit chassis

currently i'd say the good FF 'sports car' is the FiST/FoST

Were these cars sold in the states? were they or were they not anally violated by the Cobalt SS and/or Neon ACR?

In a straight line yeah but I don't think any of their N/A variants were equal to the mean little 1.8 the integra packed for most of it's life

The Integra? Of fucking course it was. Was sold as an Acura Integra in the US from 1986 to 2001. Was replaced in 2002 by the Acura RSX, which was the next gen Integra in Japan. The RSX was killed in late 2005, and the closest thing we've gotten since it was killed is the Acura ILX.

The Integra proved that an FF could truly handle well enough and be spirited enough to be considered a true sports car while still being a reliable, fuel efficient car. Lots of FF's before it came close but had certain drawbacks that prevented the mass market from swooning for them. The Integra was and is a faultless car

The Neon ACR was a good attempt, but it was too cheap and flimsy for its own good. The Cobalt SS went fast in a straight line but handled like crap.

>The Cobalt SS went fast in a straight line but handled like crap.

Are you sure? On Laguna seca its within a second of an Evo X and above an EVO IX. and what about the SRT4.

>The Cobalt SS went fast in a straight line but handled like crap.
totally. That's why it held the lap record at the nurburgring for production FWD cars for a while.

there's no better looking FF

>tfw absolutely love the JDM look but not a big fan of the bug eye look

It's the proper evolution of the DA Integra. Would convert if I had one.

It grows on you

>people go nuts for the DC2 coupe because it's lighter than the sedan
>I'd go for the sedan because it has a stiffer chassis
Why wouldn't you want the stiffer chassis?

In nippon apparently swapping USDM parts onto hondas are a thing

I prefer the Prelude. It's like a 2000-ized 80s design.

>Accord Coupe

Have you ever driven one? It's like literally laying on the ground scrapping your ass on the pavement. Any SUV will drive over and end you.

I probably would if I owned one but I'd be thinking of converting all the time.

DA Integra best Integra.

>Best lights
>Driver's oriented dash
>automatic seatbelts best seatbelts.
>dat tweed interior on GS models
>glorious 90's wedge styling
>those thin pillars and huge glass unlike filthy new cars like looking through mail slot
>eurobeat approved, but not ricer taxed to fuck like Civics and DC tegs.

I have both cars they are amazing (srt4 04 and 00 gsr) but my gsr is my motherfucking baby best car I've ever driven brings a damn tear to my eye
>I love this thread

It's a damn shame they're so hard to find in my area. There's a decent looking white one near me that is daily driven. Looks completely stock.

I already own an EG hatch though so I'm sticking with it.

What are you on about? They're not that low.

I had one years back and I've always wanted another one. Last week a friend of a friend was trying to get rid of his because it stopping running. He let me have it for 300 bucks, and one jump for the battery and a replaced distributor rotor retaining screw and it was off again. Now I'm knee deep in the interior tear down before I star addressing the engine build for it.

Because I couldn't find a GSR sedan that wasn't abused like my coupe wasn't.

Probably a fat ameriburger who thinks any car smaller than a new Camry is dangerous.

I love when it's a simple fix. I probably won't find an Integra anytime soon but the best thing about owning my EG is that I can just bolt Integra shit to it and have virtually the same car underneath. Running GSR brakes that the previous owner installed right now. Still rocking a D16 though but it's more than enough for the 90% city driving I do.

Oh I do, but I'm never really able to justify the cost. Much better spent elsewhere because 1k doesn't cover the work of the swap and the cost of the paint

I know a guy in my town that owned this one so I think that's a big influence of my desire for it. Also all the normal Integras here seem to be owned by douchebags and their cars are trashed. Aside from that one guy this is pretty much EG territory.

Damn shame he parted it out.

Is it just me or do 90s Hondas age really well?

I thought it was just me too but they do age very well. I think it's a Japanese thing. My 94 Civic will be antique tier very soon but it doesn't really feel like it.

Go look at other manufacturers cars in the 90s, Honda was way ahead of their time.

Better tell me why DC5 had no such success, despite being faster car?

No 4 door, you had to get something more pigfat for that.

US only got Type S, which was not as fast or as fun and US spec Type R.

Head lamps and tail lamps were reviled and one of the big reasons cited for the refresh.

TL;DR The DC5 Type R was a faster car, but the Integra line as a whole suffered.

Grass is greener

>that fat girl is probably that Asian dude's gf
I see this way too often. It's sad seeing more and more fat people.

I think the best thing about the dc2 type r is that it wasn't just a better engine and better suspension.
They seam welded the chassis to make it stronger.
That alone makes it pretty incredible for a variant of a mass production car

Decent for a daily? First things first the shit wheels go.

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5939388870.html

Thx.

>shitty cable clutch
>no cup holders
>no center console
>retarded spinny headlight socket locks
>dick balls shift knob
>seat belts strangle you when you try to open the door while looking out the window
>no airbags
>118HP to 160
Never liked the DA much. Had a DC and fucking loved the bugger

>shitty cable clutch
git gud weakling
>no cup holders
you don't need cupholders for your big gulp, burger, shut up and drive
>no center console
dealer optional piece
>retarded spinny headlight socket locks
be a better mechanic
>dick balls shift knob
quit being poor and spend 15$ for something you like
>seat belts strangle you when you try to open the door while looking out the window
The car is attempting to remove idiots from the gene pool
>no airbags
uneeded pigfat, just don't crash, also see above
>118HP to 160
It's a Honda, add more power if you want.

I think it might be its uncanny ability to attract ricers and get molested zo hell amd back by them.
Seriously though I don't think I've ever seen one of those even close to stock in my country.

Dc integra bug eye master race poor fag

Longer wheel base.

jizzy