/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>Heavensturn (December 31st - January 14th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Heavensturn/

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>3.5 update info from Famitsu
famitsu.com/news/201701/05124262.html

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/ :

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/5mt7ll/gilgameshmclsstaticlfm_warwhmasta12s_prog/
reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/5mr8tu/fclfmmcls_endgame_static_lf_whmastsch_for_a12s/
reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/5mowuk/leviathanmca12s_prog_lf_1_mt_1_whmsch_2_dps/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S H I T P O S T I N G

i wana die

I want to hug a chocobo.

First for c@ butts

xth for malera master race

it's our world you're just living in it

#
Find me one, I'll pay you. Find me a single serious raid group that's BEGGING for a White Fucking Mage.

#
They buffed their cards so AST could effectively Off heal while giving off the same level of strength a SCH would with their nonstop DPS and fairy.

Unfortunately SE can only think one step ahead and never assumed they'd just take AST with increased buffs and SCH.

>paksie and abe go to sleep
>quality of the thread skyrockets with sch discussion

Really makes your bells jingle

Will the Orison robe ever be not WHM only?

Xth for spending time with friends old and new.

me too

Absolutely agreed

AST is a complete mess because they thought it was a good idea to put the inbred child of WHM/SCH into the game, not giving it it's own identity and needing to make it a buff machine and nerfing healing requirements to the ground to have people pick it for progression, after buffing it for the whole xpansion.

The reason why people go SCH is because WHM is so fucking garbage right now, unecessary healing power, shit mana managment and no utility/mitigation whatsoever.

Why would you give up on Indo, Supervirus and Soil, on top of infinite mana and easier sustained damage?

Again, the point is you have an easier time simply because if they make cleric affect the fairy, it would be harder to dps itself.
Don't just think of 2 healer comp, because regardless hots + fairy will be the best, simply because they cannot stack hots with shield stance.

I don't understand this mentality of nerfing stuff instead not thinking it would be more healthy for the game to give a huge buff to WHM in 4.0.

Nocturnal is considered because raid damage got severly butchered compared to previous tiers, which besides the card buff,was another way to force the weakest healer since 3.0

>skyrockets

Chant du cygne just said he'd like to fuck a fairy, so there's that.

I wish Sony would stop being such jews and just allow 3rd party stuff be uploaded to PSN so we can finally get mod support.
Or Yoshi to stop being such a bitch and allow it for the PC anyways.

:thinking:

no
please enjoy your AF gear

nice phoneposting buddy, how about you lay that phone down, accept your bans like a good boy and have a nap?

You're welcome. Even though my crackpot Cleric Stance suggestion is mostly ever bait when I post it, I do really like to hear from both sides of the Healer Debates. They're a lot more interesting than the equivalent Tank Debates, I think.

It's not a perfect idea, but I will stand by my statement that the last thing I want is for them to just make Eos suck ass and call it a day in 4.0.

I want to be spitroasted by these meowers!

>165036825
Obsessed with this thread.

And he starts samefagging, the ip count hasn't gone up.

>Unironically not replying to someone properly to not give them (you)s
you're no better

heres three

reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/5mt7ll/gilgameshmclsstaticlfm_warwhmasta12s_prog/
reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/5mr8tu/fclfmmcls_endgame_static_lf_whmastsch_for_a12s/
reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/5mowuk/leviathanmca12s_prog_lf_1_mt_1_whmsch_2_dps/

That's what you think

Someone please queue up for Thornmarch hard on aether.
I wanna get this stupid MSQ over with already

Nigga A12s prog with 3.5 next week isn't a serious group. You found some groups, but not the ones he was talking about

why did you break up wtith flatcscales

So why is he called paksie anyway?

I need some advice.

I'm a raid leader, and so far I have a comp of DRK/WAR/Nin/DRG/MCH/BRD/SCH/WHM.

The problem comes with the WHM. He has AST to 60, and plays it very good but refuses to play it for our group because he says he handles WHM better.
But our entire group doesn't want WHM. The ninja said he'll even leave if we don't have AST.
Do I kick the person?

Samefag

Malera need to be ensalved so I can have a harem of hung lizardmen to pump me everytime I desire.

unless you're doing speedruns who cares

b8

But my 73rd percentile parse on our weekly a11 clear is very important to me

He's mad as fuck with paks for some reason and there's this one log proving they're both alike in their shittiness

What in the unholy fuck do you want me to do with an A12 progression group two months into the patch?

"Serious" group. Not "we're hilariously hopeless please anyone help" groups.

>73rd
kill yourself

Muh parses :C
If I were the WHM, I'd switch to AST and refuse to use spread balance and just single target balance anyone other than the NIN

Honestly? Let SCH be nerfed for a month or two.

Of the current 13 jobs, only SCH has never had a period where they've been undesirable.

8v8 Feast is pretty fun

tell the ninja to stop being a fag thinking of nothing but his parse imo.

if you're clearing just fine with the dude on whm, it's whatever, tell him you'd prefer it if he went ast but if he won't budge he won't budge. if your nin legitimately wants to fuck his own ability to raid over something that stupid, that's on him.

>Implying any male lizard with common sense would just snap your neck

>speedrun comp that is missing the healer people are discussing about

It's really sad that people spent their time to argue in a critical way about the balance and then you have people bait like this, likely out of boredom or to falseflag,

Post proof of your comp or fuck off.

Just unsub then or play astro

My party cares. Please give me serious advice. I'm going to lose the static.

All because of AST and their fucking bloated parses.

Incorrect!

Newfag here

Are any of the starter jobs worth using at endgame, or are the advanced ones just universally better?

Nah, you're losing the static cause of your lack of leadership skills.
Classes are shit.
Get your job as soon as you can.

Everything is viable endgame.

I'll consider it

Keep the WHM
Dump the NIN
Finding a companant NIN is easy as they are plentiful
Finding a companant healer is a whole nother story, WHM is better than AST for raids anyway and tell your party to stop bitching.

Your starting classes turn into the jobs later, and share the same level. Pick what you like, don't worry about possible wasted time.

Thanks anons

This game's alright, I don't play a lot of MMOs but something about it is hooking me pretty good.

Devilish.
And I'd do the same. Numbers are nice and can be fun when a group works together regardless of what's in your party, but true parsefags can fuck right off.

Discussing the game is the best medicine against the femboy, as he comes here for attention, not game discussion.

Hello

They need to be tortured and brainwashed into submission first until they become mindless breeding pigs that follow every order.

There would be no choice, you would be kept as a living sextoy.

Parses after the first month of progression shouldn't be accepted to fflogs desu

No one cares about your shitty padded parse after you've wiped to the same thing 20 billion times

Well, except for this guy I guess. He's my singing Botanist.

Let's stick to anonymous game discussion, shall we, avatarshitting pig?

*brings ast during progression*
go ahead and do it fagget

>WHM is better than AST for raids anyway
What the fuck are you basing this on? The only thing WHM brings that AST doesn't is Cure III.

Go ahead, tell me the uses for Cure III in Creator.

Actually fuck you, I'm kicking the WHM.

>165037161
>165037864
Yeah this is bait. Just don't respond anymore.

>taking the mad avatarfag bait to derail game discussion into shitposting and falseflagging

really guys

Just tell him to ast or you're kicking him

keep us updated as your static falls apart when your replacement can't perform.

Shut the fuck up when you can't even contribute to the conversation, chemo

I can't wait for the age of casters not having to level BLM for swiftcast or melee not having to level DRG for b4b

What a glorious time we live in

>All my classes/jobs at 60 except AST
Fug

Groups that kick people because they don't play the job they want when they've been doing just fine are the worst, and all the more reason why people should avoid places like Gilgamesh.

Aether is going to be awful for cross server PF, when everyone and their mom are going to bar newcomer PLDs, WHMs, and MNKs from even attempting to get into an A9S learning party.

>tfw leveled everything to 60 twice other than DRK and MCH

>pig

lmaooooo that projection

I, myself, only don't have PLD and WAR at 60 so it doesn't really affect me but I am extremely glad that they are making the process less painful, especially for newer players.

Whatcha doin' /xivg/? I've almost got PLD to 60.

This post did not need an avatar. It is time to report.

Yeah I didn't level THM for a long time when I first started playing because low-level THM is awful and shit and I only wanted to heal. I've known people who have stopped playing the game because they didn't want to have to hit 50 and then go level MORE classes before they were allowed to be useful.

Playing a different game becasue I did like 40 fucking Creator runs today/tomorrow and still have not gotten all my loot.

Thinking of killing myself.

Fuck it, I'm going to get my AST to 60 this week and then cry into my magic bucket.

That's definitely a good thing and anything that gets the newer folks invested past the initial crawl is deeeeefinitely something I can agree with.

literally dead game

Heading to bed. I finally found a cozy home that feels warm and soft. Sleep well when you can, Highlander lady.

i miss eppu

Doing beast tribe dailies and daily hunts so I can get all the doman gear.

I asked him many times. It's too late now. I'm so tired of this WHMvsAST bullshit anyways.

Good. Maybe if they all get locked out enough SE will finally get balance right for the first time in all of 3.0.

want to do it together?

Sad that I can't go into work today. Hopefully tomorrow. Also concerned that my housemate caught my bug. Probably just going to craft on XIV for a bit then go back to sleep

Sure.

tfw can't sleep
tfw as lonely as can be
kill me guys

Let's get together and be really gay.

Ladies and Gentlemen, they are awake. Game related discussion is now officially over.

ok dude

But you're in the Palace of the Dead.

You probably already died.

debating levelling another class to 60 this coming week. PLD and DRK are at 54 so theyre easy picks, but I wanna get my 19 acn levelled.
its a ruff call

oh hey ditto here man.

Can't wait for both SCH and AST losing cleric or getting a shittier version that doesn't have +10% dmg.

>replying to yourself
how does it feel to reach a new low everyday, shitposter?

is this gay enough?

/pet

That's a really impressive quote, guy

That would be wonderful.

war, sch/smn, and ast are the only classes that matter

what teh heck are you doing with pld and drk

>hate bad
>try out bard in potd to see how shit it gets
>what the fuck this is actually fun
5/5 pretty fun job post 50
MCH is still pure suffering