youtu.be/XNbX-NygHW4
youtu.be/IxDza8krGRw
youtube.com/watch?v=28N8arOPJkI
youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=I_8NHIyTpGI
youtu.be/WA9V0roB82I?t=56
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol the fucking exhaust manifold is bolted to the intake for emissions

This engines are trash.

Awaiting butthurt JZ and RB fanboys. Yet to see a million mile supra or gtr.

Here ya go

Bolted together because the carb is heated by it lol

Shreds serpentine belts, stupid cooling design, pain to maintence, oil burner by 150k. Next!.
>GM LOL

You shitting me? I just bought one with 144k.

Wow.....Ecotec has to be one of the worst engines ever built by Holden....meanwhile in God tier...

The only thing that's got going for it is reliability. It's iron, pigfat, heavy, and the inline configuration makes for a very forward CoG. It's got a limited valvetrain and it's intake over exhaust.

Barra is better

Wish i was. They are fair at low mileage. But be serious here. Have you ever seen one without any issues?

this and only this.

sad after only 15 years of production it finally died

Holden is dead by October this year as well

Fuck this gay earth we even tried exporting the commodore to the us and it flopped.

Fucking seppos and their shit taste

Dont like stock? Cool. Clifford and Offenhauser make different manifolds. And oh yeah. 285 ft lbs factory torque on 87... lol

Fair enough, but not as long living as a 300. Brownie points for ford tho.

THIS IS SPARTA

Leaking oil sometimes, but fair usually. Oh well, half the reason I like them is because they're a dime a dozen.

Assuming your aussie/yank?

Thank fuck they'll all die out soon a horrid engine that only likes boost when you fully rebuild it and have to be aware of all its issues

the supercharged version is dogshit.

V8's are more common here in aus as all the 3800's died due to bogan abuse

I meant the older, non Ecotec version.

They haven't been around as long, but there are a shitload past 1 million km/600,000 Miles.

The 300 6
>simple, cheap, raw power (170hp 285tq)
>long life span of the engine
>produced from 65 to 96, parts are common and not ridiculous
>good aftermarket scene for hot rodding these motors
>can make 250 hp and 400 torque or you can tune it to get around 25 city mpg.
>used in everything you could imagine, boats trucks cars tractors generators etc
>simple maintaining this engine, very cheap too
>superior timing gears, no need for weak chains or belts
>not foriegn, all you need is a $15 walmart ratchet set to work on it.

>OHV
>V6
>OHV V6
>GM
>American

lmfao its every single thing Veeky Forums could possibly hate in an engine. its the Antichrist engine!!!

ironically the n/a 3800 handles boost well with internal work

youtu.be/XNbX-NygHW4

God machine coming through, step aside children

Vortec 4.3

Not everyone bends backwards to make anonymous on an auto board happy I guess.

yeah nah

youtu.be/IxDza8krGRw

Metzger

>1HD engine is used by UN and insurgents alike
Apologize.

>300 6 used by hundreds of thousands if not millions of rednecks farmers and 4x4 lovers.

Fuck your pussy UN m8 come get some freedom motherfucker

KEK

>reverse flow head
>carb is literally heated up by exhaust
>2 valves/ cylinder
>cam in block design
Its not the best because the 265 Hemi exists.

Even if you choose to ignore this fact, the 225 slant STILL exists

and above all else, the Barra is better in every way

>that belt

that can only end well

Oh hi

>Rednecks in a first world country and good parts supply

The 1HD has to put up with a lot more than what Americans put their vehicles through

Back when I first got my licence I had a XE with the amazing 250 Crossflow that used to be able to do burnouts all day. Would literally be do circle work until I felt it was spending too much time with the temp guage in hot, park it in the shade for a bit and wash rinse and repeat. Had a mate with VS Commodore who decided to do his first burnout in it and 2 minutes in there was a god awful bang and then oil all over the ground. The 3800 V6 was truly rubbish

haha I cant even name that one I dont know shit about cars

M30
RB**

Its too bad Chrysler didn't invest in their Hemi 6 like Ford did with the 250ci as the Hemi had a superior bore/stroke than the Ford. Would have loved to see a crossflow 265 Hemi in the 80s or if it had lived in to the 90s a DOHC Turbo Hemi. It would have been like a Nissan RB but with a lot more capacity to play with

Pleb faggots.

6 cylinder jeep engine

This. The 1HD is better in literally every single objective.
In fact, without the bandaid of fuel injection, the Ford gas 300 six made even less power than the mechanically injected, non turbo 4.2 1HZ diesel.
>but mah million miles
that'll happen when you get lawn mower outputs out of a battle ship sized motor.

Sorry mate, but that thing lives in the shadow of the 1FZ

>that'll happen when you get lawn mower outputs out of a battle ship sized motor

I think it has more to do with the fact that you cover more ground going 40mph on improved terrain rather than 5 mph cutting your own road.

There's that too, Although the 1HD has no problem racking up those miles in this fashion anyway xD

Detroit 6v71. Dat sound. Will run after sitting 20 years or run with a hole in the block.

>MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG

You know what's better than a 6/71?
2x6/71s.
Although they ain't "V"s.
youtube.com/watch?v=28N8arOPJkI

Fuck yes want

Not the 6v92 or inline 671?

>i don't know what a choke stove is

Crossflow would have been better.

If your pistons aren't the size of beer cans, you're doing it all wrong.

bitch please
VR6 best 6

6BT

225 Slant Six

LEANING TOWER OF POWER

Best 6 cylinder, strolling through. Amerigarbage, kraut anchors, and V-virgins stand aside.

>not the 6v92

Starts at 0:45
youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=I_8NHIyTpGI

Why such a small bore?

So you can rebore it.

In all seriousness I think VR6 came in several displacements which used a common block.

N I S S A N S C U M

Silly kid, this isn't a worst v6 ever made thread!

One of the most reliable ones made for sure, considering how they've held up after this much time, being used in applications in which they are under a lot of load/heat/work.

Only godlike thing about the VR6 is its sound.

Silly faggots think cylinder count is only metric for an engine.

300 has wide industrial and truck and farm use with carb, EFI, and multifuel. It's best for those applications though stovebolt and slant six give it a run for its money.

It's a fucking truck engine and a very good one, but it's not a sports car engine and one thing is not like the other.

Sixes can pull some healthy loads. My towbro pulled an International 1600 40pax bus with his 292-powered C-30. However Veeky Forums is a race car forum and nothing else belongs here.

214,000 miles on mine, still going strong.

Oh you mean the leaning tower of cold natured bullshit and vacuum leaks? Like the leaning tower of pizza, cool to look at, but you cant drive it

Really nice motor

>torque
>unit of measure
Fuck me, there really is a lot of retards here.
As said previously in this thread, it's not hard to have a 100% duty cycle when you have lawn mower like outputs from a battleship sized motor. There's hundreds of alternatives out there that achieve the same thing that are objectively better in every single respect.

If you're going to post a OHV V6, at least post the best one with a non-fucked firing order

stop trolling us to post literally any other engine for the (You)s

>omg it's not even a crossflow head

BMW N54.

n54 or anything in a 911
/thread

Based Mezger.

Original VR6 was 2.9 litre, used in the Corrado and Passat. The Golf, etc, got a 2.8 litre lump.
R32 and R36 were redesigned somewhat.

Also as smooth as an inline 6 and fits in the footprint of a 4 pot.

Barra

The Barra is a piece of shit. You can get more power out of a NA 350. It's heavy as fuck and long as fuck. Trash.

>Oh you mean the leaning tower of cold natured bullshit and vacuum leaks?
>i don't know how to properly torque down manifold bolts better blame the engine

superior i6 coming through

Have fun with runaway

Maybe if you fix the Killer Dowel Pin issue. Nice pimpcess auto stuff canadabro.

When you post anything GM related you just know its a shitpost

>straight 5
> more efficient
>faster
> better fuel economy
> little maintenance
how can six cyllinders even compete

>BMW M##
>#JZ
>RB##

The fact that it's mounted transverse 4000lb sedan defeats any pro's. The only good i5 is a rally tuned Audi i5.

>not a Porsche-tuned rally-bred Audi i5
Step it up

>sedan
its an estate ya blood yank, its a darn good engine when you go cruising on the autobahn with your mates

Another legendary industrial 6 cylinder that makes a mockery of the civilian 300ci Ford.
The deutz air cooled diesel.

>inb4 not cylinders

/thread

My 6 cyl

That car sounded like a vacuum cleaner lmao fuck outta here

>so loud it distorts the audio in every single video featuring it on youtube
>fireballs galore
>youtu.be/WA9V0roB82I?t=56
don't tell me you wouldn't

Fuck no

Rotards are fucking gross and not even engiens

christ

NA350? So you can get more power out of a 350ci V8 then a 244ci L6? What do you mean by this?

Cosworth DFV

Naturally Aspirated Chevy 350. It's a smaller engine once you factor in the fuckoff huge length on the straight 6 plus the turbo junk needed to make it's pathetic power.

you guys are cute

You're all wrong.