So Veeky Forums my stock ls1 only spits out 300rwhp ish with a vcm OTR mafless tune and 1 3/4" 4-1 2...

So Veeky Forums my stock ls1 only spits out 300rwhp ish with a vcm OTR mafless tune and 1 3/4" 4-1 2.5" and hi flo cats what's the cheapest way to get to 400-450hp ? Can I use my current stock intake manifold tb and heads? It has alot of mileage on it 225k km / 130k miles so it will probably need rings and a full gasket kit put through it as well.

I'm thinking big cam + ported heads would get me there or would I need more?

Ausfag working with a budget of 5k roughly can't do the work myself as I am a retard and don't have a suitable garage yet.

Hoping to start ideas and planning for this soon.

Will have t56 + 3.7 LSD rear by the time I can afford this mid-late this year.

Poorfags so I gotta start saving now.

Other urls found in this thread:

hotrod.com/articles/20-ls1-intake-manifolds-tested/amp/?client=ms-android-tmobile-us
ebay.com.au/itm/171841195220
twitter.com/AnonBabble

B6ZE swap $500 and a weekend.

Blizzard/o/ swap

Get a truck or ls6 intake

hotrod.com/articles/20-ls1-intake-manifolds-tested/amp/?client=ms-android-tmobile-us

Cheers seppo

So what about cams? I'm using Aussie eBay for pricing as a base.

Stock heads good enough?

Stock heads flow decent. Keep in mind, if it's an ls1 then they're already aluminum so if anything I would just work on the heads you've got. I don't know much about SBC cams, I look into Ford stuff more but I guarantee a Google search for "ls1 400hp build" will net you a gorillion forum build threads.

Looking at vcm's chart I want 290rwkw+ but I don't think it would be streetable would it?

ebay.com.au/itm/171841195220

So this + rebuild heads and I'm good?

Wunna go with a big cam for the lols it's a heavy car like 3800lb Commodore so traction won't be a issue going with 255+ 45 R18 on the rear

Where do you want the power in the Rev range? Down low, or near like 6k rpm? And do you have an equivalent of summit racing for AUS?

Not sure pretty sure we just use eBay

Id have to ask another ausfag but it's 2am and they are all passed out

I'm fine with eBay we use it alot for everything it's like our amazon

Up high would be nice it like to break 6200rpm but it's optional.

It currently has alot of torque but no mid or top end because baby stock cam

Would love for it to crack 400hp even if it's 401rwhp on a cool day.

I'd probably go with the vcm883. If you do some head work it'll rip. You'll need to change your torque converter though.

Man the LS can support some serious lift

Manual t56 + 500hp rated clutch hopefully going in next week so yeah I was thinking that same cam.

Pretty hilarious how nutty these old gen3 are and so fucking cheap can pick a LS1 Commodore up here for 2-5k stock or modded

Thats insane. In murica, ls1 f bodies are still like 5-10k for a decent one. Ls1 and ls2 Commodores/Pontiac gtos are getting cheap though.

Nobody here wants them and don't realise we are not getting a factory equipt LS v8 after October this year so boomers and idiots think they are trash.

Hilarious I doubt we will see them this cheap ever again

Google vx1 Calais V8 and my car should come up haha

It's 2.5" dual xforce exhaust so no restrictions there

I did some light reading and yeah just that eBay kit on the 228 238 cam will get me there.

I heard u yanks don't mafless tune? Is there a reason behind that or just EPA bullshit?

I'm trying to built my Commodore to turn and people look at me like I'm nuts but with coilovers and sticky wide tyres I bet it could do it.

LS series heads flow fine, problem is lack of compression and cam.

Chuck some 4.8/5.3 heads on and an LS3 cam.

Gonna get heads rend and headgaskit done anyway

Why a ls3 cam? Surely a LS1 spec cam like that vcm eBay one is fine.

Just read going mafless grenaded my 4l60e because before I got the tune the maf was broken at the plug anyway.

Well that explains alot fucking auto and Maf glad to be rid of them

So anyway what would I be looking at for rwhp around 400 rebuilt engine or less?

Is 1500 for a cam pack cheap?

>Why a ls3 cam?
because stock ls3 cams are cheap

Not sure about the mafless part, I just know people but a whacking big throttle body on the there.

I'd love an LS powered car for that horsepower potential. I'm sticking with my Ford though as my baby but I can see myself getting an early to mid 2000s Silverado with a 5.3 or 6.0. They're so easy to hot rod it's absurd

Meh
LS is nuts its totally under rated here as everyone thinks it's just a 20 year old Engine here and most bogans get the LS2 or newer crate engines.

Blew my mind it did 300rwhp easily

Hopefully 400rwhp is just as simple it sounds it so around 4K I'll have a decent ls1.

If it just needs a rear main seal and sump gasket is it worth getting rings done or dont bother u reckon

>If it just needs a rear main seal and sump gasket is it worth getting rings done or dont bother u reckon
No. you can check crank wear while the sump's off and clean the strainer.
While you're doing the RMS you can change the clutch and lighten the flywheel.
If you're doing rings then you might as well swap in high comp pistons.

So basically don't bother? I'll ask the shop when the trans goes in but I trust them he already pointed out a bunch of leaks since I only have a floor jack and ramps but it seems to hold oil fine and not burn any so I'll see.

Would rather do it all in one go save money on Labor so I'll lump it in with the cam

That's incredible. The junkyard 4.8/5.3/6.0 is a goldmine for dirt cheap mega power. People regularly assign it with

LS swaps ain't that common here but it's still being done.

We get alot more Jap stuff to play with that keeps the weebs busy and more yank Canuck made muscle for real men and not pillow fuckers haahha

Topkek. I feel it mayne. Good luck with the build.

Sadly you guys didn't get much big block action. That's the next level.

We just stroke or go turbo mostly twin or big single.

We do get crate motors or custom build still but yeah BBC never really took off here outside drag and garage queen's or showcars no dail drivers just tarmac ape carbie through hood faggots on Facey do it for cosmetics or supercharger pooftas who roll around grassy knolls hahaha.

Cheers I dunno where I'll go from that cam maybe I'll just keep it daily and reliable and get a xr6turbo