hastebin.com/odaloxabab.php
pastebin.com/bwGfix6h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for we're just quantum effects in the singularity of a black hole

>dd group fanart never ever again

don't forget to hit that publish to linux button so I can play your games

Post an old progress image/webm and a new one to compare it to

Anyone using SFML here?
I have a bunch of sprites that are white on transparent, then I use Sprite::setColor to colorize the white parts and it works as intended except it turns the transparent part into black, how do I solve this?

cheapest platform for vr dev?

panstas.itch.io/world-of-horror

Ctesiphon feedback
pastebin.com/v1mN4mLx

Can somebody tell me why this javascript for a muzzleflash isn't working for me?

hastebin.com/odaloxabab.php

I usually should get options in the Inspector to fill out with the muzzle flash and muzzle light, but I don't have this. I'm using Unity 5.5 btw.

>it's still grey highlighting
i will fuckin throttle you mate

Cause they're not public.

I hope he keeps them forever just to trigger you googs

I wish there were some way to tidy up the component list for gameobjects in unity. Having million components attached is messy as fuck and it's not even possible to arrange their order by dragging them. it's like it's still 1995

>Cause they're not public.
How do I make them public? Just writing public in front of the var?

don't feed the troll

Yep. You should study the basics before you try to make a game.

>muzzleFlash.renderer.nabled = false;
>nabled

Missing an "e" there pal. Isn't this highlighted in your IDE?

>if(Input.getButtonDown("Fire1"))

Don't use strings for this purpose, it's just a bad idea.

>highlighted
Is this a bad joke?
A true man codes in notepad.

you mean you want to buy hardware and then make vr games? if your phone can do vr, it's google cardboard. vive new is 899, oculus is 599 for the headset and 199 for touch. you'll have to check ebay for used, i have no idea.

if you have something to show, you can try and contact oculus/valve to get a free set.

The person I wrote this from wrote it like this, and it worked for him.

Unity said that renderer is obsolete and I have to write GetComponent() instead, but I don't know exactly how to write this.

A real man only inputs 1s and 0s into his computer.

New

That's as much as I can do, sorry.

this was a solid idea

marked improvements broskis, nice job

Who?

old

It's a typo.
var renderer = muzzleFlash.transform.GetComponent() ;

do you have a reason for using javascript? most people use c#, you'll have an easier time finding relevant results on google if you use c#.

what do you mean

1/20/2016

I mean who are you

new

Oh, I'm just a nodev. I don't even have a dev name.

I just chose whatever looks like the best tutprial, and the tutorial looked good. It's just fucking retarded that Unity constantly brings out new versions and completely fucks over the scripting langauge because of this. All the old tutorials are completely for the ass now.

your protagonists name reminds me of abu hajar

old

fuck

that's the name of the level. it's a pyramid name I found in wikipedia

new

when can i play this

Where do I have to write this? And what do I have to write for the obsolete sentence instead?

Any reason why you're going with square rooms instead of making use of the 16:9 ration?

why didn't you demo your game?

user seriously, go follow Unity's official tutorials before you come back. All of them. Then work on your own.

this is incredible

I follow the official tutorials, but they don't teach shit about coding. Learning to code would take decades for me.

Into the editor where you are writing the script.
These are the absolute coding basics, if you don't understand it then you aren't ready for game dev yet.

Then give up. You're too retarded.

No shit I have to write this on ghe sript, dumbass. The question is WHERE I have to write it on the script, you fuckass.

Stop acting superior, if you are even to dumb to explain the most simple shit. Just telling me some lines of codes, doesn't help anyone. I also have to know WHERE to write these lines.

wew lad

0/10 worst false flagging i ever saw

Why should I give up you dumbfuck? There are free codes for almost everything available on the net. Coding is completely redundant. It's just annoying. All you have to be able to is just creating assets.

why dont you figure it out

> Learning to code would take decades
No it doesn't.
And you're really not going to get far in game dev without knowing how to program. you dont need to be a master.

the basics is probably enough to get a solid game up.

void Update { while (true) GetComponent(); }

Nice!

Post art. Or don't ask stupid questions about code. Or kill yourself. The choice is yours.

Beeguy used to be chill and unafraid and now he's angry and fighting mushrooms
poor dude

next demo day, swear

i was all set to go but decided not to because
>placeholder assets

and I want something more complete than just 1 stage with no context

wow, nice progress!

Bee is a girl

I am trying to learn the basics, but it's not easy to get intop this you know.

Sorry, I don't just want to read books for a year, before trying to make something. I try learning by doing.

I don't even have a game I posted to demo day. You should have, that looks like fun.

>read books
>to learn programming

never said anything about books. 80% of the stuff I learned came from dotnetperls and the official c# ref site. other 20% was stackoverflow

living the dream

It doesn't matter if it is a book or on the net, assholes. Point is that I don't just want to spend months simply reading about code, before making something.

But whatever... You guys here are just a waste of time anyway.

UE4 Blueprints are made for people like you.

>don't just want to spend months simply reading about code, before making something
you make stuff while you learn man.

sorry, but programming IS a skill and requires some time to be good.

you're just lazy.
I spent 12 hours a day for 3 months learning c#(first language) when I was a neet. you can do it.

Too real

Literally me

>they have friends to flaunt their naps in front of
normiws please abandon this turf

>you're just lazy
Stop acting as if you know shit about me.
I just find coding not fun at all. Especially learning it is the most boring shit ever.
So why should I spend months learning this shit, when I also could just simply watch tutprials and grab the fucking code from there?

There are tutorials for pretty much everything you need for a game.

he just threw it right into the water . jpg

But I want to develop games so I can play them with my friends

Because you won't learn unless you code, if you only watch you will only be copying other people's code without understanding it completely, which can lead to complicated scenarios when you want to add a feature but don't know which part of the code to change. Besides everyone has a different preffered formatting style
It's like reading a book about a sport and thinking that you can become a pro player with only the knowledge from the book without practicing once

Because apparently you can't just simply watch tutprials and grab the fucking code from there?
Otherwise you wouldn't be here, retard.

>if you only watch you will only be copying
I try to understand the code from tutorials, but it just takes fucking time, smartass. You don't learn this shit overnight, you know.

The only reason why I am still here, is because you retards are just aggressive shitposters who search for reason to start arguments.

otherwise I would be already on the next tuorial and just use an other code for what I want.

Clarent feedback
pastebin.com/bwGfix6h

You understand it faster if you try to make your own than try to apply what you see from videos only. Sure videos help a lot understand the basic concepts, but they aren't 100%. Without practice you won't learn, it's simple like that
I made over 30 smaller projects to get used to it and even now I am rewriting my game from scratch because my old code was too messy

will do. thank you for letting me know user, as i was not even aware this was an issue.

You really should switch to C# if you want to get better learning material (and also a more pleasant experience in general)

>all dem Boys that didn't make it

>You understand it faster if you try to make your own
If I'd try to make my own code from scratch, I could barely do anything. I would first have to read tons of stuff about coding, and memorize all the syntax and shit, dumbass.

That would be boring as fuck though, that's why I prefer to learn by following tutorials.

Blunt / Slash / Thrust damage represented by Rock / Paper / Scissors y/n?

You don't need to memorize all stuff before coding, you can learn it as you try.
This is why people make lots of smaller projects first before working on the big thing, expecting to work on a big project on your first try is stupid and the result will be subpar. It is what makes most people give up on dev-ing

No, there should be a parallel set of armor types that the damage types that the damage types defeat and that the armor types are good against, I'm using that kinda thing in a tabletop RPG and it works like a charm

i.e. armor A is strong against Scissors damage, normal to Rock damage and weak against Paper damage, B is strong against Rock damage, normal to Paper damage and weak to Scissors damage, etc

I'm not even working on a"big project" you fucktard.
I just do what I want. How big it will be in the end, is currently completely irrelevant.

And of course I have to memorize how to code first, before being able to write code on my own. That's why I am following tutprials though, so that I actually can start somewhere, and memorize stuff as I go. Otherwise I either couldn't do anything, or just simply have to read about coding for months.

>thrust
>scissors
I think you are misusing your scissors

>And of course I have to memorize how to code first, before being able to write code on my own.
>I completely lack the ability to multitask and can't use references
you're either completely retarded or just trying to shit this place up

So where did your brilliant way of doing things take you? What do you have now? Nothing. Maybe you were wrong? Hmm...

How I did was to code my own project while watching tutorials to maximize the time, and I learned more advanced coding stuff as I tried new things and looked up how to make stuff. You don't need to learn everything at once, because that is impossible.
Coding is practice, that is all I can tell you. WIth your attitude, it will be difficult for you to finish something. All I can do is recommend you to rethink how you do stuff, and if you think coding is not for you, hire someone to code for you and do something else like art or music.