Name a better four cylinder engines

Name a better four cylinder engines

>honda B and D series, H series too.
>K master race

>non honda four bangers are fucking garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e-N4KLq0vQk
youtube.com/watch?v=PxefQc29tiU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ecotec master race.

>Toyota E engine
>Just keep feeding it oil until the rest of the car falls apart around it

>Toyota KD engine, used by both insurgents and UN
Just stop making these threads and apologize. Now.

Forgot pic

UN vs whole mexican street scene. Lol the UN aint got a chance bruh

Honda K Series is god tier.
Nissan Sr20 is demigod tier.

Honda runs the 4 cyl game no doubt nothing can really compete without forced induction

>Saab B234 - 2.3L boost god
>Mazda FS-DE - 2.0L N/a god
>Thread

dont forget Peurto Ricans mayne

take your D16 in for a little work they piss on it and it makes 500whp on pump gas

For Innit D fags
>inb4 4A-GE

For murikafags
>inb4 ecoboost 4

For the hipster faggots
>inb4 taunus v4

>Toyota 3S

This tho

Offenhauser 4

Oil sludge aside, VW/Audi got things pretty right with the 1.8T.

>FS-DE
>god of anything
It's not even the best 4CYL Mazda made, it's not even a good one, that would be the BP and MZR

Cuck tier

Ecotec is very similar to K series in many ways. Ecotec is my bae tho.

Ecotec #1 cylinder home, all other cylinder homes are irrelevant.

>parents have '89 Camry with 3S-FE and A140
>almost 350,000 miles
>neither engine or trans have had any major work done to them
>they refuse to drive anything else even though I've tried to give them my '96 Taurus multiple times

mecedes makes the undisputed most powerful 4cyl

They don't.

i am disputing this

C20NE

4age

youtube.com/watch?v=e-N4KLq0vQk

Team brunet worlds fastest 4cyl GM ECOTEC

This gets my vote.

Do you even Cosworth, faggot

F20C confirmed best naturaly aspirated 4 cylinder

>All these horizontal monted i4
Kek, what a bunch of losers.
There is only one I4 that is worth to talk about and yes it is vertically mounted.

>vertically mounted

So, the flywheel points towards the ground, user? Gee, that must work wonders!

>Mazda MZR
>2ZZ-GE
>LSJ Ecotec
>4G63
>4B11

Are you even trying OP?

>what is longitudinal and transverse
And FYI the 3SGTE gets mounted in mid-engine and AWD cars with that configuration, so that doesnt really mean shit

Changing faulty injectors before spinning a rod and lunching the engine really looks like a bitch job.

The MZR is indeed an amazing 4-banger, they work very well regardless of application. Want an engine for your minivan? MZR. Want an engine for your monstrous turbocharged RallyX machine? MZR.

>four bangers are fucking garbage

Fixed it for you.

+0,7l of oil has been disposed to your tank

the only garbage ITT so far seems to be this post

>all these people praising Ecotec
aren't they super shit though? i'm confused

They can take an absolute fuckton of boost, really easy to make power.

FPBP

Typical GM - objectively junk but because they're literally everywhere they become a valid real world choice

They have a really broad powerband aslong as you don't put too large of a turbo on it.Pic related Stock block MZR with a GTX2871R and a e85 mix

Beams 3sge

Volvo slant-4

>worlds longest running car is a redblock-powered Volvo P1800

>beams isn't even a clever acronym
>it literally means fuck all

>let's ignore the best turbo 4 because of what it's called

>the best turbo 4
lmao oh my god i think he's being serious

Aren't Ecotec just a label they slapped on a bunch of petrol engines from like '95 and on, while making them slightly more weedy to comply with emissions?

RIP C20LET

>Inlet and exhaust valves separated by an angle of 80 degrees
jeez

>lets post memes

The Alfa Romeo Bialbero, you tasteless niggers.

youtube.com/watch?v=PxefQc29tiU

Nah, the ecotecs are relatively new, if memory serves, they have little to nothing in common with the '95 vintage GM quad 4's that preceded them.

He was saying the BEAMS is NA you fucking retarded, he's wrong about you being autistic because you're just fucking stupid

Italian trash.

Ecotec became a thing in the early 00s, they were first in the last gen Cavalier LS Sport IIRC

>lets get butthurt and angry
it doesnt matter if he was talking about the turbo or NA. your issue with the engine was that it was called BEAMS. it doesnt matter.
I was talking about the gte, but you can continue to be angry and retarded, thats your prerogative

I'm not the guy you got in a pissing match with over the name, I'm just pissrd because retards like yourself think you know what you're talking about when you have no fucking clue what's spouting out from your dick sucking lips

>Alfa Romeo
>Italian trash

Wash your mouth kiddo, you ain't got idea of what you're talking about.

kek, still going i see
You need to calm your autism fren

First car to use the Ecotec was the 2000 Saturn L-series. 2.2L L61. ~140 HP.
And if you through the aftermarket support at it, 1500 HP is within the realm of possibility.

Beams is probably the stupidest name for an engine I've ever seen. It means nothing. Only an autist retard could still be jocking that obscure, overrated shit and forcing fucking people to talk about it like 30 years after production because you can't let people forget your fucking favorite brand's lame fucking attempts at being special. Kindly fuck off.

It might be different for us eurofags.
I remember the C20XE (150hp) + Ecotec = X20XEV (134hp)

Image not related, but good tier four banger

definitely different for you guys.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine

Quit acting like you know what you're talking about and the autism will lessen, faggot

>he's still bitching about the name
>calling one of the best NA 4CYL engines shit because he hates the name

>>they refuse to drive anything else even though I've tried to give them my '96 Taurus multiple times
>'96 Taurus

I can see why

>more angry ranting
citation needed

Yeah, I read up on that Hot Rod Mag article about the Ecotecs, interesting shit because they have a shit ton of technology in them, complete 180 from their old 4 bangers

>snazziest new tech, DOHC, machined hemi combustion chambers, multi-carbs, two plugs per cylinders, twist forged crank
>takes forever to spin to a whopping 6200 rpm
>even the turbo versions barely cracked 150hp

Alfa is trash.

You triggered shillcuck?

>one of the best NA 4CYL
Top 100 maybe

Nice shitpost

>hot pleb opinions
oh this is valuable input, pay attention everyone

I really want an Opel Speedster with the L61 and put the supercharger kit from an LSJ on it.

It was designed by a team of engineers from Opel, GM USA, Saab and Lotus, so it's no surprise really. Those guys know what they're doing when it comes to 4-bangers.

A TVS blower would be better tho

No skin off my teeth if you like something woefully underpowered- Unless that's not the hangup and you've just drank the liberal arts major koolaid fed to you by outlets like Jalopnik, and you think it's hot shit because of all the "soul, pashun" and whatever other meaningless buzzword they've told you it has.

>I really want an Opel Speedster with the L61 and put the supercharger kit from an LSJ on it.
it's been done.

And that's why.
>tfw no OG Lotus with a GM engine swap

>or you don't know what tuning is, and foolishly judge the inherent attributes and real potential of engineered equipment based on a circumstantial state of tune.
Jej

So what's the optimal spark advance for one of those little brapboxes? What's the total timing I'd want and when? How many inches of mercury do I want across both carbs? Do I want to take that reading from ported or direct vacuum? Besides, I haven't seen a gain of really more than 50 horse on tuning alone for stock engines without having to start running shit on race gas- The whoptie doo, you've got something that barely outperforms a contemporary ecotec and gets walked on by Offys of the day. Alfa is trash.

>tuning is hard guys
bruh.

>not the 13b-rew

I didn't say it was hard, I was asking you what was optimal, since you know the "real" potential of those Alfa engines- So enlighten me.

It's a good engine, though I prefer the ohc over ohv.

>13B-
Get out.
This is a thread for 4 cylinder piston engines. Take your rotard rotary shit to a containment thread.

>>Saab B234 - 2.3L boost god
what possesses a company to make a engine that can easily handle twice the boost it will ever be sold with.

pretty easy when the Saab 900 transmission explodes at anything over stock output

engine has been rebuilt a few times, I don't think the engine has even gone 1,000,000 miles without a rebuild.

>because that's how tuners tune engines isn't it? theoretically, via posts on a Philipino Lechon Enthusiast's message board
You're not seriously waiting for specific values, are you?

>not 26b

>All of these inline plebs ITT

>cartridge filter
Absolutely disgusting

what's wrong with the cartridge filter? The housing is built into the block and they are so much easier to deal with.

FS engines are shit. The previous iteration of them, the FE is much simpler in it's econobox application and much more powerful in it's FEDOHC/FE3N 16V EFI version.

Hey, if you know their "real" potential you must be intimately familiar with the things, even ball park, like right now I can tell you for a hard running small block chevy they tend to like about 32-34 degrees of total timing, plus or minus about 10 with vacuum advance, with all the timing in at no later than about 3200 rpm. Come on, if I'm so off-base about what those Alfas are REALLY capable of, school me, enlighten my ass.

Gotta have a special socket to change it, usually overtorqued to hell by the last guy so you need a breaker bar to get it loose, and you have to change the gasket separately. More complication and takes longer than just unscrewing a spin on, making sure the gasket came off with it, lubricating the new gasket, and spinning the new one on. What part of all that makes a cartridge easier to deal with?

>80 degree included valve angle
What does he mean by this?

I have that special socket. Literally a few bucks at Advanced Auto. Never had a problem with it being too tight when changing it myself after having a shop do the previous oil/filter change.
I own a 2.2L Ecotec car. It's not a problem. It doesn't take longer. I've actually had more problem with removing and replacing conventional canister style oil filters than these cartridge style ones.