Why buy a Focus ST when there's the Mustang?

I seem to get flamed when asked this question, I'm genuinely serious. I know they are different cars, different markets, but both want to go fast, both even buy GO-FAST bits for the cars. Let's not lie to ourselves, the V6 Mustang has been a fast car since like, half a decade now.

The compact hatchback is moderately roomy inside. But the big mustang has space too, and a big trunk. Just no foldable seats for bikes and appliances, of course.

And FWD vs RWD.... I don't get why there's $28,000 Mustangs in the same lot as $28,000 Foci ST

I like both cars, it's just I thought the Focus ST was a lot cheaper than the base 300 hp mustang.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZOXbzwSuUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Posting to see if there's anything I missed. I have not driven a Focus ST, but currently own a Fiesta and owned an SN95 GT.

There is zero reason to get a V6 mustang over an Ecoboost.

It's 1000lbs lighter, That's about it. RWD is always more fun than even a quick FWD. inb4 rwd is no fun because my Miata can't spin the tires.

Maybe I googled the wrong model/ trims, but I see that the Focus is about 3,200 lbs, the Mustang is 3,600lbs. So the Focus is the same weight with two more fat passengers inside.

It's a v6 mustang is why.

A better question is why a FoRS over a mustang?

You mean there's no reason to buy a bottom of the barrel Mustang over a top of the line Focus, right?

Yes, could you elaborate the reasons? I mean, it's not like the base model has roll up windows and no A/C and only a cassette player.

The FoST is a pile of shit and the worst of the three "hot-hatches" they make, the FiST is more expensive for less car and the RS has a chocolate turbo that can't handle being properly staged like it's competition can. (saying like how you have to change the drivetrain in an RS, where as you could keep the Evo/Sti's at stock)
The V6 is hot garbage too, but at least you can expect better results in higher staging. I don't get the appeal of the performance side of the focus and fiesta, maybe it's just every time I work on one of these cars, all I see are ford's "quality" work.

STOP SHILLING FUCKING FORD

AS IF THE FUCKING FIRST 18 FORD THREADS YOU MADE TODAY WERENT ENOUGH

YOU EVEN FUCKING SHILL FORD AGAIN IN YOUR FUCKING IMPAITENT AS FUCK SELF BUMP

SHAME ON YOU FOR BUMPING THIS TRASH

IM NOT SHILLING, I owna FIesta and would not reccommend it to anyone. I'm just wondering, and asked a question. I don't plan on buying a Ford next, at all.

I'm guessing interior options on the mustang along with less performance oriented mechanicals.
Brakes probably smaller than a GT, springs softer, etc.
Rearend gearing, ironically Ford V6s had better ratios to make it feel faster.

LSS, you get better materials when you pay more.

When looking at a FoST, compare it to the GT.
Those are essentially the same class of cars.
FoRS and GT350+ would be the next tier.

Focus ST3 would be my vote. Better seats, better lights, better brakes, full options over a V6 Mustang.

And better resale value.
Nobody ever wants a V6 Mustang.

>>FiST is more expensive for less car

Are you saying the Fiesta ST is more expensive than a Focus ST?

I should be more precise, from MSRP standards, the FoST is more expensive, but after going to dealers and getting their ridiculous mark ups, it was like a 10-200 dollar difference where the FiST was more, maybe it's just a local thing?

A v6 mustang is a sin but a camaro v6 is better than any FST car

>Focus ST3 would be my vote. Better seats...

I have an ST3 and can agree at least on that. Those recaros are comfy as hell.

Definitely local. I can find a new FiST with about 50% of the features for around 19-21k, FoST 50% features around 24-27k

A bit stiff.

where are you finding car's with only 2 tires and half a steering wheel?

.....Not sure if I should explain myself or not...

Yes, once you first get it.
After a while they soften up.

FUND IT

I'm just curious. I'd be fine if they made a FoST with roll up windows and no carpet inside. Fuck the Ford Sync shit,

There is also no reason to buy an Ecoboost Stang when the v6 Camaro exists.

As far as I can tell this is the best thread to ask. What year did the fusion start getting LED headlights?

wait, how has no one mentioned this already?

just fucking buy a toyobaru for less than $28k out the door new, or less than $20k used

>rwd
>fuel efficient
>fun
>fuckhuge aftermarket
>reliable
>fairly comfy interior

the only reason why you wouldn't is that you're some cucked faggot who actually needs """"practicality""""

Used ones in my area go for >15k
The only reason i wont pick one up right now is because im not paying $450/mo to insure one

Maybe I want a hot hatch and not a lolcan'tturn pony car

And thats for the decent listings btw. Ive seen some '13s listed for under 14k, with ~50k miles

Not only is the focus st faster on the straights and at the track, it has four doors and you can use it whenever you want for long trips.

Sounds like you're the one who's getting cucked

>wanting 2 extra doors on your shitbox that will literally never get used
>fwd

>not being able to uber your car when your brokeass spent every dollar on gofast graphics

>still faster
>can bring 2+ chicks from the bar without a hassle

lmao

>wanting dirty welfare recipients filthing up your back seats so you can make some spare change
>get upset about it so then you floor it to try and have fun but then your torque steer reminds you that its not possible
>few days later you try to get hektic in a wet parking lot but you cant because lol fwd
no thx

I like it when 4-cylinder guys argue

>implying its difficult to fit anything that not an amazonian female in the back seat of any coupe
>still fwd
kek

this is more of a fwd vs rwd thing
fwd defenders being the desperate cucks obviously

>Ford driver
>bringing home chicks

We know what you really mean.

What's wrong with the Focus RS?

$40,000 too much.

literally nothing
seriously
nothing

EHHH DUHH IT NO HAS AUTOMATTIC

>what is negotiating the price

Also, how exactly is 40k for a decent-sized, RWD-bias AWD platform on 350hp a bad point?

Seems like nothing, aye.

And let me just add, that shit is gay as fuck.

All modern cars for that matter.
People get excited over them like liberals do for coming out transgendered.
>IT PARKS FOR YOU!
>IT STEERS FOR YOU!
>IT BRAKES FOR YOU!
>YOU CAN ADJUST DAMPENING RATES FROM THE DRIVER'S SEAT!

Like babies.

Cause it comes down to the fact that it's based off an Econobox you can get with a 1.0L Turbo for like $17,999.

So why not man up and get a 5.0 GT with a thunderous engine, instead of a turbo cuckback

OP here btw. RS bumpers look amazing in person though, then I look at the SE SES and Titaniums ST's next to it...

>RWD-bias AWD platform
>transverse engine

Yeah nah.

>Also, how exactly is 40k for a decent-sized, RWD-bias AWD platform on 350hp a bad point?

Well since you put it that way?

Focus RS appeals to the import tuner crowd

Mustang appeals to the domestic muscle car crowd

Is it really that fucking hard?

the focus rs is the superior car all round

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZOXbzwSuUg

only good thing about the mustang is the flathead v8 thats literally it

All evos used a transverse engine. Pretty sure those are regarded as GOAT by most enthusiasts despite being unobtanium to anyone with a blue collar job

They had a 50/50 or whatever split but they still weren't RWD biased.

I got a 2015 v6 stang rental recently and walked away really impressed. My money I would go v8 but it was a great car. I felt cool I thought it looks incredible. Interior was sporty feeling. Sound was even good and power isn't neck snapping but it hustles. Still very hoonable if you just wanna have some red fun. It was great.

Op asked about the cheap base STs and base V6 mustangs

Im just confused as to why the RWD bias would be a bad thing just because of a transverse layout

It's fucking expensive. Cheapest one around me is $40k, which in my local market means ~$45k out the door. If it's power you're looking for, it has the same 2.3L Ecoboost that's in the cheaper Turbo Mustang.

Actually, you know what, skip the Ecoboost altogether and get a GT for

There's no such thing as a ff transverse awd setup with a rear bias.

>Cause it comes down to the fact that it's based off an Econobox you can get with a 1.0L Turbo for like $17,999.
but that's the whole point of cars like that, or even muscle cars.
a hot model based off a high volume platform.
if you want a purpose built platform then that's a different argument.

because he's autistic and retarded

kys zika kid

>t. spent $40k on a fwd with haldex

>everything I don't understand is haldex
also
>implying i'm not a poorfag with a $500 shitbox
lmao

both are shit then

>he likes little traps
as expected of an 86 fan

I have a budget of 30-40k. What should I get, used or new?

I'm gravitating towards a Corvette Z06 C6. Seems like the best value.

bad turbo and bad drive train, understeers worse than any golf, too much to sink into if you want to bring it to to anything higher than stage one.
The only thing that seems impressive is the power it makes stock, even though, all it is is a older Mazda engine.
It eats oil really badly as well and its rear diff overheats really easy.
TL;DR Good engine put in a shitty car.

>he doesn't like his girls to have dicks
baka what a fucking faggot

>all it is is a older Mazda engine

Literally this.
The Focus RS is the best Mazda built by Ford.

>shares same engine
>only the cylinder block is the same

>al it is is aN older Mazda engine

Implying that's a bad thing. As much as Ferrd could've modified, it's hard to ruin what is an otherwise GOAT MZR.

So it "only" shares 50% of the engine, at least. Wew lad.

God, it's like the block is going to determine what you can put into the engine as a whole.
Did you even read my post, I said it was a good engine, fucking moron.

doenst really give away much to mazda. theyd be using it too but nope, ford perfected their whack engine

Hatchback convenience and easy to park

When you are talking about buying a for-fun-only car for $30-40k do NOT become too focused on value. Drive a whole bunch of cars and the buy the you ACTUALLY LIKE, not the one that you think will sound the most impressive because of the badge or the horsepower badge.

I mean, unless those ARE the things that you really want - then by all means...

Unless you're claustrophobic.

The V6 Mustang is absolutely horrendously boring compared to the FoST. It feels so big and so much slower. The only reason to buy the Mustang over the FoST is muh mustang or muh rwd.

>unironically advocating buying a V6 Mustang over anything

The Focus ST is a tarted-up grocery getter with all the daily driver conveniences. Mustang back seats need a front seat folded down to access and if you get the V6 you'll always regret not getting the V8.