Can I buy a Civic Si and not get made fun of?

My work commute just went from 2 miles to over 60 a day, sometimes more. Want something fun, and efficient. Not a fan of Civics, and used to hate on them before I drove one.

Depends OP, are you going to strap an obnoxiously loud exhaust on it? :^)

of course ;+}

we recommend Civic Si's all the time. Get a 2006+ one. Preferably a sedan

Fuuuuuck no. No fart can at all. I wouldn't buy one unless it was stock anyways.

The seats in the one I drove were amazing. I think it was like a 2008-2010. What years are good? I'd like to stay well under $12,000. And have $$$$ aside for tires, battery, alternator, clutch, fuel pump, etc, and any other wear and tear items I might not know about.

Why sedan? Aren't coupe's always better? No kids, no friends, no need for space, I have a truck too.

I've had an '06 Si for a couple years now, and I've kept it bone stock. All I've done is replace the clutch, and regular fluid and filter changes. I get a bit over 30mpg highway, which is what it sounds like you'll be doing mostly.
I do wish I bought the sedan though. Watch out for galaxy gray metallic though, the clear coat is garbage. There was a recall on it though, but it has expired for 06 and 07 cars by now. If you get the color, make sure it's new enough to be validx or that it had been fixed already. Though Fiji blue is the god-tier color for those anyways

Get coupe

>galaxy gray metallic
thanks for the tip about the paint. I test drove a black Accord Coupe (2010) and the clear was BAAAAD

Elaborate the sedan reasoning? Long wheelbase more stable I know, but I don't have kids, and no friends, and there won't be anyone else in the car, ever. Probably won't even use the trunk. I have also have a gmc 2500.

I didn't see your post about having a truck while I was writing mine. Mine is my only car is pretty much the only reason.
Seat bolsters on both versions may not be comfy if you're heavyset. Not that I'm thin, but if you're big they might dig into your sides

The sedan has a stiffer chassis. The coupe is lighter. What's more important to you? a tenth of a second in a 1/4 mile or feeling better when blasting through corners?

What do you drive now?

go for it, don't listen to all the autists that will call you a ricer
the shifters are pure butter, and you can keep up with most sporty cars and blast around town with no trouble.
alos, if you decide to fuck around with it sometime later, they are great cars to turbo

a Mercury Mountaineer. I've had it for 8 years. It's a ticking time bomb. I've replaced the transmission, and had it rebuilt. It smells like it's always on fire. Hot burnt electrical smell.

Time to get something different.

Its always nice to be able to throw shit in the back by opening a door vs having to recline a seat and contour yourself to get it.

All 06-09 Civic paint is shit. Should be pretty obvious if its failing or not.

Its a nice car, look at a 6spd TSX if you want something a little more comfortable and a little bigger.

I have an 08 si coupe. Rear visibility sucks at first glance but it requires you to stick your head out a bit more. I remedied the issue by putting wide angle mirrors on the side mirrors, they're less than $10 from amazon.
Make sure the owner didn't fuck it up. The Si is the king of the fuccboi mobiles.

Not buying the turbo muscle hatch
I mean, I get 27-29 on the highway. Just dont get in boost and you'll be fine. Dont get that open diff honda garbage

An old class S is all you need to arrive relaxed at your work and to arrive relaxed at your house.
Life is too short to drive a shitcan with shitseats and shit insonorisation.

Just bee yorself

S
T O R Q U E
E
E
R

>geared lsd
>torque steer being more than a slight push on the wheel

Stop with your memes, who cares about it. I barely feel it

Get a pre 01 for a REAL civic not some bloated soap shit