Can we have an African American heritage thread?

Can we have an African American heritage thread?

I especially want to learn more about some if the involvement African Americans had in the military(preferably the WWs) to give some respect to these unsung heroes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Airmen
amazon.com/Harlems-Rattlers-Great-War-Undaunted/dp/0700621385/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 /pol/

>unsung heroes
they certainly weren't talked about much back in the day but now there's a constant circle jerk on shit like the tuskegee airmen

Obligatory

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Airmen

African history > African American history

African American history only started a couple centuries ago. Not really fair to compare the 2

>oh boy here we go...

>unsung heroes
They played rather minor roles in American military history, especially during the World Wars, but they did have some notables. Tuskegee Airmen, Harlem Hellfighters, Golden 13, etc. African Americans, generally speaking, have always been underrepresented in the military and while it would be wrong to say they did nothing their contributions were actually fairly negligible.

HIGH TEST
I
G
H
T
E
S
T

>African American thread
>especially military
>especially World Wars
you should have made a better post, OP
this is a mess

here come the stormfags...

I did work on an oral history project at USAHEC on the 92nd Infantry division. It was a huge clusterfuck and Ed Almond was one of the worst officers I've ever encountered in my studies.

The stormfags are a'comin

U don't have to mention it. It only encourages them

Just because you fags say it, doesn't make it so. In fact, the more you say it, the more likely it is to become true, so fuck off.

strom f*gs are in the way of reaching this thread via their internet connections

African Americans are awesome!!!! Some of them r mad at white people and other folks because they think they r a little racist and being mistreated when in reality it's just another expression and form of love....

>Entire thread is people waiting for /pol/ to arrive
You're all just as bad plebeians

Those are all trannies
It's not fair for you to post that without warning people

I can pretty much think of the Tuskegee Airmen desu

Veeky Forums confirmed gay tsundere for /pol

Africans: black people
African Americans: niggers

not mich difference between machete swinging warbands in africa and american gangs.

i would say Africa has its good share of niggers.

This might interest you. I have not read it myself but am meaning to, eventually.

amazon.com/Harlems-Rattlers-Great-War-Undaunted/dp/0700621385/

And /pol/ has arrived

t. D'Brickashaw

So what's up with the terminology?

'African American' seems to soley refer to blacks living in the United States, and 'Afro Caribbean' seems to refer soley to - you've guessed it - Africans living in the Caribbean.

But how do you call blacks in South America? Or blacks in Canada - are those African Americans aswel?

And a Boer/Afrikaaner descended American. Is that an African American aswel? Or an Afrikaans American?

France used a significant number of African troops in the European theatre in WWII.
Several thousand Senegalese troops were massacred following their surrender by the invading German forces in 1940.
The Free French 1st Army which participated in the invasion of Italy and the campaign in French Provence and the Rhone was composed of mostly African troops. 130,000 North Africans from the Maghreb and another 20,000 black African troops.
There's quite a good film about their contribution 'Days of Glory' (2007)