Thoughts on The Crew?

Thoughts on The Crew?

I personally have a hard time playing other open world car games because the big and cool map cucks other maps.
Also I like the feel of the cars.
It has that arcade feel but if you want to be good at the game you need to race like it's more realistic.
I have like 600 hours in total, love just cruising in old stock spec cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cFULLoSt8Sc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hated jump physics
upgrades came along with doing shit on the map which was nice to stay competetive in the story but I prefer feeling like a poor pos deciding on wether to get an engine or handling upgrade for the next race or even spring for a new car

I actually kind of like doing jumps, took some skill to get the car back in shape during landings, especially long jumps on dirt roads.

Best racing game since mc:la. Puts Forza to shame with everything except for number of cars. Graphics are pretty close.

my bad I didn't mean the jumps off of a ramp, but rather off of a cliff or a rock where the game doesn't expect you to jump and the car just acts like an anchor and drops the fuck down

You can´t tune your cars the way you want, thats why I don´t like it much.
Also 60fps limit and medicore graphics.

Build a perf Eldorado, thank me later.

youtube.com/watch?v=cFULLoSt8Sc

The cars I like aren't available

I can't speak much for the game content itself, seemed good enough.
The reason i stopped playing it was because it stuttered along anywhere from 15-40 fps no matter where i went or how low i put the settings, despite the game looking like dogshit and my PC being more than adequate for the game.

It used to literally be artificial difficulty:the game.

I remember having cars that were over levelled for the missions and the AI would still stomp you, they seem to have fixed it by now tho.

Physics are absolute dogshit.

holy shit y'all are sad as fuck

I literally get to play the Crew in REAL LIFE because I work my ass off and can afford sweet cars. Get off of your lazy asses and work for shit insteas of living in some dumb video game fantast world

You think it's impossible to do both?

I'm regularly playing it right now, have about 48 hours sunk into it. I wanted to play a car game, didn't want to buy one, then remembered I got it for free a while ago.

max leveled a BRZ, Miata, and Mustang so far. Just got an RX-7 from the delivery crates, now I can be a RedSun

>When you take your caddi on the togue

why the fuck would you want to drive a pixel car when you can drive a real car?

inferior ubisoft crap

Shame Reflections was killed for this

The only decent game in this sort of genre is Forza Horizon 3 But the devs are clueless and somehow even worse than codemaster, Turn 10 botched the PC version and the Xbone one is so padded with DLC its hilarious

Such a shame because the 1st Forza Horizon was a absolute gem i still play it on my 360, Horzion 2 was forgettable and when the series went down hill and FH3 was just a clusterfuck especially on PC, Multiplayer on both are basically dead and the score system and ai are stupid and dont promote actual racing

As to the crew i found the physics so bad i couldnt play it, nice looking game though and its large.

I played the fuck out of this game since it first launched

But since wild run I'm getting micro stutter and just can't play anymore

Because games let you do stupid shit to them and it's a lot easier to find people to race with without the risk of death, cops, etc. Also winter means that the fun car has to stay in the garage because of road salt.

dont play forza horizon 3 it went from 20-60fps+ microstutter, freezes and crashes on launch to being completely unplayable currently.

i refunded it a month after it came out and got GoW4 on pc

At least it ran properly and looked nice

cbf finishing it as the story is... terrible.

>playing a racing game for the story

>my reading comprehension is shit
Thank you cum again

i said Gears of War 4 has a terrible story, weak start, decent mid section and falls apart by act 4 i cant even be bothered with it

>Watching FnF movies for the "cars"
Lol same thing nigger doesnt stop me from watching those hilarious trainwrecks.

I had to get 16GB of RAM and a GTX1060 to make Horizon playable. It still microstutters and I'm sure it won't actually run properly for years.

The Crew has generally lower requirements but the physics are super arcadey and Ubisoft is rather Jewish about the DLC and what features it adds to the base game for players without. You can't do Freedrive challenges if you don't have Wild Run for example. It also has Gaijin Initial D mode whereby you change the voice language to Japanese and turn on English subtitles. It improves the story experience massively as the main character shares a voice actor with Ryouske Takahashi, and the absolutely cringeworthy plot is masked by the hilarious surreality of Japanese-speaking Americans.

Man I had forgotten about that. Gotta try that for sure. Is there a best "assists" setting? I remember people saying Hardcore physics were garbage.

Not that guy, but I play on keyboard and use Sport assists. I think it just enables traction control.

My Alfa 8C would roll over during cutscenes from time to time, shit was pretty funny.

I hate that with the latest update you seem to have 4 choices for Perf in PvP: LaFerrari, Huayra, Aventador or Koenigsegg.
Especially the Huayra is borderline fucking broken.

Hardcore with a wheel is pretty good imo. No reason to use assists in a game where the driving isn't realistic enough to care about spinning. Just roll on the throttle like a real car and the game drives great.

the perf Eldorado is goddamn hilarious
even with upgrades it rolls and wallows all over the road and pops little inertia wheelies over hills.

also the interior is 3comfy5me

Kinda wanna try putting my Impala in perf spec now, in street it's already a hilarious boat that goes everywhere sideways.

that's because raid and dirt car are heavy as fuck

I pretty much only drive my fullstock 1969 Charger unless I am racing, so I don't really bother with perfect tunes.

Eldorado is hilarious, so big and has shitty grip even when fully upgraded, very fast in a straight line though.

Probably Ubishits crap ports, my console version runs great.

Yeah I hate doing the story mission just because of that.

I would've have loved reflections, I think the game being developed for last gen crippled it a little, can't wait for the 2nd game if they do a sequal.

Hardcore is actually the best when you become semi-good and learn the game better.

Happends to me too, always catches me off guard and makes me laugh.

Try making a max grip Perf Datsun, mine liked to wheelie and sit on the rear of the car during big hills.

Physics are trash, rx7 has a v8, turning off assists makes the game worse somehow, rx7 has a v8, rx7 has a v8

7/10 I liked it for the map

>RX-7 has a V-8
Just, why?

>but if you want to be good at the game you need to race like it's more realistic.
you just need to know shortcuts, that's all

this game sucks but the open world is nicely done

lazy devs
it sounds like it has a rotary, but the model is a V8 used in several other cars

I love cruising in this and GTA. I throw on some tunes and just zone out. It's nice.

M8 everything falls at the same speed irl, in The Crew they just immediately fucking DROP

yes that's usually what happens when you drive off a cliff, what else did you expect?

>finish a crate
>game spawns me facing a wall
>a cop is directly behind me
>if i even attempt to move, i'll trigger a pursuit

Yeah if you play on console you peasant

When I played the demo the handling was pretty awful, even by arcade racing game standards

Damn I wanted to get horizon 3 too

It's actually the same v6 model from the r34 and the z34

And the Focus RS has a V6, although it sounds like it should.

And the SLR/Maserati/Alfa 8C have a V12 in circuit spec, iirc.

Shit triggers my autism.

It got slightly better with the Wild Run update I think, tuning the controller settings can make the game feel pretty good

They fucked with the handling and stats again with the Calling All Units update too.

You are retarded. I've got my (realistic) dream car, but that didn't stop me from buying forza and driving it in the game too, because at least there I can drive it recklessly at top speed down the freeway and launch off jumps and shit.

>can't wait for the 2nd game if they do a sequal.
>Ubisoft
>Sequel
They are never any good.
Dont forget the numerous headaches Windows store platform gives you, i still cant download Halo 5 MP

I can confirm the 60fps lock is present on pc too.

this. i wished it had more shitboxes like the new need for speed.

The race was fucking hilarious, once it hit second gear it would just spin out and i'd end up at the back, then immediatly get into the front again.

installing it cause getting bored of gta and its low customization in cars. the crew has a 2012 charger so i'll give it a shot.

>GTX 970
>24GB RAM
>FX8350

>"""""console peasant""""

>24 gigs of ram

damn, you really wanted to play FH3 huh?

No, I have ~50 tabs open in chrome and don´t want to lose performance.

Is FH3 any good?

not that guy but
Don't expect super great performance
Game was not well optimized for PC, but it has good performance 80% of the time.

I have a GTX1060 and on high settings, it stays above 60fps most of the time, but you will drop in the rainforest area. Lowest frame dip for me was 35 fps but its rare.

It's extremely arcadey, but fun as hell

That looks pretty cool.

Does it run on Win7?

This game gave me my fetish for lifted/offroad regular cars.

FH3 is Win10 exclusive, iirc.

The score system in NFS Rivals has me sweating bullets every time.

Fuck.

That means I won´t buy it anytime soon.

I just built a bright two-tone purple perf spec Impala with all the shiniest chrome cosmetic parts available and it's the funniest fucking thing.

Dirt spec Focus is the best car