New England history thread

Lets talk about the best region in the US.

Is it true that the New England states disagreed with the war of 1812 so much, that they contributed no troops and almost seceded from the Union to form an independent New England country?

Other urls found in this thread:

theodore-roosevelt.com/images/research/navalwarof1812b.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never been there, but I love Hawthorne's stories

Probably has the most history and culture of any part of the US

Official American region rating

True America God tier
>Great Lakes region
>Texas

Pretty good tier
>Pacific northwest
>The south
>Appalachians
>California
>North east
>Alaska

Meaningless territory tier
>Hawaii
>Midwest

Cancer that should be gassed tier
>New England

Reading a book on that right now, OP. The Federalists in NE never approached the point of succession, the threat of which was mostly posturing and tough talk, but they did withhold use of their state militias, and discouraged enrollment in the federal army.

>>Texas
>cowboys, oil and cocaine
>true america

Maine, NH, and Vermont are GOAT tier

Massachusetts, RI, and Coonnecticuck are shit tier

Massachusetts is the only reason any of those other states aren't deep south tier.

>This is what Bostoners actually believe

Has anyone read this?

theodore-roosevelt.com/images/research/navalwarof1812b.pdf

Worth reading or elevated by it's author's status?

>New Hampshire and Maine
>Flannel wearing baptist illiterates who look like they kill people for fun
>GOAT tier
Don't make me laugh.

The secession was mostly talk and they didn't really disagree with the war of 1812 so much as disagree that it interrupted their shipping and merchant ties with the British, entering them into an economic downturn.

>best region in the US
>not the south east
Get fucked yank

>traitors and rebels that got BTFO
>best region

Lmaoing at your life

Appalachia > Mid Atlantic > North West > Great Lakes > Texas > Mid West > Rocky Mountains > New England > North Dixie > South Dixie > California >>> Florida

I live in TN, please spare me. We have the best scenery this side of the Mississippi, but other than that it's poverty, niggers, and obesity. And humidity.

I live in Virginia, and this is objectively wrong, being that Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont exist.

Why isn't New York grouped with New England?

Bretty good, Florida is definitely #1 cancer of the western hemisphere. You forgot to rank the great plains though

Great Lakes are a fun

Sorry I accident put them in Mid West

Because New York was New Netherlands before the English took it from them.

Also, fun fact. The Delaware region was New Sweden, before the Dutch took it from the Swedes.

Fucking crazed Sharia Law Puritan psychos get kicked out of England so they come to Massachusetts to make their ideal and pure Protestant ISIS state.

Its certainly unique in Massachusetts.

We are very liberal, yet its really hard to find a sex shop or strip club or even in some places a liqueur store open on Sundays. Meanwhile the republican states are both filled with religious people AND degeneracy.

Our politicians also seem to do their job right, like when we got the entire country to pay for 'the Big Dig'. Meanwhile Kansas politicians can't seem to do anything right.

and now it's one of the most catholic states in the us

And then their descendants realized living under a puritan theocracy sucked so much they founded Unitarian Universalism.