>Reasonably priced
>Good handling
>Great looks
>Practical
>Cheap to run
>German engineering

Find a flaw.

A Golf is just a Golf.
It's the 5/10 out of Cars. One does Not brag about a 5/10 one does only mention it. Going on with details is just making you look desperate to get noticed.

>German engineering

found it

Problem?

this.

>German engineering
I found the problem. The golf is just eh as far as economy cars go. It's not bad, but you can do better

You Americans just don't like cars with responsive steering. Here in Germany and the rest of Europe we appreciate nimble and agile automobiles, whereas in America you just want cars that go in a straight line for thousands of miles like your roads.

Reliability

Because in America your German cars are made in Mexico. But in Europe they're made by German engineers in Germany.

German engineering means they spent a million man years on the driving positions, the sound the door latch makes, the weight of the heater dials, etc till it's got to a point where someone with a phd can say yes it's perfect.
It's a great party trick that they do, and yes foreign engineers just blatantly copy their work which is a tribute to what they do, but ultimately it's pointless if you forget about the basics of what a car should do, and don't try to perfect that.

>German over engineering
Oh boy I can't wait to see what specialized tool I need to remove an access panel in under the floorboard to access the fuse box that uses specialized fuse that I can only pick up from a VAG dealer.

Keep telling yourself that lol

Hehe

My friend owns one and it makes really decent power with the mods/tune he's paid for. I'd probably get an R34 or something instead though.

>It is horribly overpriced for a terrible toy car
>you pay a hefty insurance premium since it is officially baby's first car (at least in germany)
>ugly as hell
>screams poverty in denial
>hatchback
>the most normy of normy cars

it is like cutting of your dick or marrying a landwhale
officially given up on life

> reasonably priced
Until something breaks and you gotta fix it
> Good handling
Thats one
> Great looks
Subjective, to me it looks "meh" at best
> Practical
To whom?
> Cheap to run
I guess thats two, not counting repairs
> German engineering
The worst fucking thing ever. German cars are fucking retarded holy shit. Whenever we get a German car in the shop to repair I want to fucking kill myself. Those things are atrocious. They are OVER OVERLY OVER ENGINEERED. Have no access to anything without first takinh apart 243 parts that are in the way, 3/4 of the parts you remove serve no purpose whatsoever except block fucking bolts from being reached. Just why Germany? Why?

That reminds me of my '05 buick
Guess gm is as bad as the germans

GM can be pretty bad ( Impalas, Yukons) but trust me, nothing has ever been as bad as all german manufacturers, and Mitsubishi

that doesn't excuse poor engineering decisions lol

which is why the best selling compact car in the USA is the honda ciivc

don't forget it'll be $200 for the fuse plus tip and tax, goyim.

at the very minimum:

>e-torx, torx, and hex bolts everywhere
>have to use metric sizes no one elses use in addition to the regular 8/10/12/14/17mm a japanese/american car uses

Just why Germany? Why?

Because in Germany, the majority of new cars are sold as company cars. Companies buy huge numbers, and get huge discounts, so VAG earns fuck-all on the sale. They make their money with maintainance and repairs in VAG shops.

The more parts are in the way, the more you can charge for repairs.

>Great looks

I understand if you like a car and are in denial about things but to say that car looks good is an outright retarded lie. When you look at that car on the street you picture a mom driving her kids to school. It's an ugly fucking car. It looks like a manlet car trying to become a van but it can't cause it's a manlet

It's more expensive and slower than a Civic and gets worse MPG.

The high end model is not slower than the base civic liar

>>Reasonably priced
>>Good handling
>>Great looks
>>Practical
>>Cheap to run
>>German engineering

>my argument is a string of subjective emotion based opinions and a meme

At least you didn't describe it as "sporty".

>Haldex AWD
>VAG
>Le german engineering meme
>39K for a Golf

>>have to use metric sizes no one elses use in addition to the regular 8/10/12/14/17mm a japanese/american car uses

>he doesnt have a fractional metric 10mm drive socket set

good luck with those 4 7/16 cm bolts faggit

>Literally the benchmark in class for 40 years
>It's not bad, but you can do better

Nigga you just went full retard. Never go full retard.

But the golf makes 12 more hp

>reasonably priced
Personally I wouldn't pay over 30K just for a golf. I've always thought they were overpriced. Middle of the road mpg, tank size, cabin size, boot size, but premium price tag. Why?

Not reliable. Anyone who glorifies these shitboxes has never owned one post 100k.

Fuck even my retarded brother bought a 2014 Jetta TDI brand new and it got towed twice before it got 30k km on the odo, meanwhile my Accord has never been towed and I've driven it 170k myself, nevermind what the previous owner did.

It's not reasonably priced when you go up to higher trims just to match the competitors

Also wolkswagen quality is trash. Just buy an elantra

Only GTI

>It looks like a manlet car trying to become a van but it can't cause it's a manlet

Veeky Forums the car

and manages to be slower

Focus > Golf

>an econobox that fails to be affordable
>muh handling omg u can steer the car!!!11
>its shiny and smooth bro
>dude its so practical it has for wheels and goes
>dude it gets 25 mpg thats so cheap and superior to other econoboxes(please dont google it brah)
>muh german engineering bro its got a reliability score of THIRTY from Consumer Reports they could do so much worse!

haha wow faggot

People that think German cars are hard to work on are exactly why my shop makes a killing doing it. Not harder, just different. Send us your "witchcraft" electrical issues that simple minded mechanics broom instead of even trying to diagnose. We'll gladly take your money. I had a guy with a 08 7 series come in with a set of lowering springs and some kind of catback exhaust and he said 3 other shops wanted nothing to do with it. Springs, exhaust and alignment took about 3 hours. Now he's our customer. Lazy mechanics fund my retirement.

FWD

>no no no you don't understand
>i HAVE to buy a truuck with an acre wide bed
>a tiny hatchback ain't gonna cut it son

t. ding ching mcdong junior the third

>German engineering

There's 1

>slower, less fun than the competition, Haldex, indistinguishable from a boring old Golf

That's 5

We do make a killing on German cars. their parts are expensive as fuck, and all parts we R&I we charge as well.
> All this implying
Nigga can't like a hatch or else he's a truck fag now huh? I honestly prefer Sedans over hatches to he honest.
Trucks > Coupes > Sedans > Hatches
in my fucking opinion, don't get so buttblasted people have different tastes than you.
Rejecting the car all together is retarded. No one at my shop likes to work on German cars, but we make a fucking killing off them so we do it.

Driving a catfish.

Don't give a fuck about all you butthurt fags, the girls love the gti.

so much this. i'd like to fix my own car thank you.

>OVER OVERLY OVER ENGINEERED.

no, the 22R was over engineered. bloat is the word you are thinking of. bloat.

No they don't. They just think it's a regular Golf. They can't even be bothered to make a cool color for it.

Any normie can see the RS isn't just a Focus though.

>Ew that car looks like a fish. And the interior is so tacky

>hey user cute car, wow its so nice in here and comfy take me now! Impregnate me with your superior VW seeed!!!!!

This has been my experience.

The DSG gearbox is very shitty. So if you drive Auto you are f/cucked senpai

>gamma X, A chinese bike company
>made in china, actually a chevy sonic.

>Experiences with females
Stop lying.

>4 7/16 cm bolts
>7/16 cm

Its ok to be upset user.
Im sure your personal experience has been different im just throwing out the fact hat in my experience, every girl loves the gti. Also the rs does look like a catfish and you cannot deny that. Every ford looks like a catfish.

>65 mph in 2nd gear

no thanks

This