/lite/ RogueLITE General

Last thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3RFTBJT8PlY
youtube.com/watch?v=BEadkisF5b8&t=134s
youtube.com/watch?v=izHxUkF4ZAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=trGeZGcLF94
youtube.com/watch?v=u3J2kv54l64
youtube.com/watch?v=7RVt8Q_O8Sk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

explain

looks fine to me

There's no donation machine.

Exchange currency for items.

no achievements = no donation machine
chew slowly

>achievements disabled
gee i wonder why

Have you never done a challenge run before

turn them mods off

>edmundo add mods to BOI
>Having mods disables achievements
Why?

you have to eat the steak first before you can add the ketchup

If you modded your game, what did you achieve?

You can always wait for the mod to be added to the game officially in the next 13 months.

Very fortunate break as Azazel here and my first successful hard-mode Boss Rush. Now let's see how fast I fuck it all up

13 months of chewing

I just wanted colored stats and info. I just wanted some water with my steak.

You are now seeing the depths of Edmund's retardation.

>tfw you go back and decide to try the original again
this is weird

Any tip for ZIP!?

I wanna fuck Eve

Fucking this. Not only are most people who want mods people like , who don't want to cheat, but even with Workshop mods disabling achievements it's still entirely possible to cheat in AB+, as Tear recently demonstrated:

youtube.com/watch?v=3RFTBJT8PlY

There's literally no excuse for workshop mods disabling achievements.

Azazel
skip item rooms if they're not right in front of you
go fast

God, tear's thumbnails are fucking cancer.

>30 fps
>a bunch of the art is simplistic as shit
If it weren't for Rebirth, I doubt anyone would still be playing. That said, it took me 3 years or so but I finally realized the original's OST is better.

This is before the patch that caused ALL mods to turn off progress.

Do you need to beat The Lamb or Isaac is fine?

why is the new boss an undertale?

Ridiculon are fine but Danny can't really be beaten.

You think that's bad? You should see some of his Sonic ones:

youtube.com/watch?v=BEadkisF5b8&t=134s

Wait, so if simple UI mods turned them off, what ones DIDN'T, exactly?

With so much argument of whether Danny or Ridiculon is better, I feel like someone should at some point do a daily vote-off between the Isaac/WotL, Community Remix, Rebirth/Afterbith, and Antibirth versions of each track.

rebirth has some good tracks but unlike danny they didn't even try to emulate the theme of the game
danny's soundtrack has so much more consistency and it feels completely at home in the game
the theme that plays when you fight isaac having some of the main menu theme in it made my fucking pants wet when I heard it
shame he's an SJW or something I hear

Because Ed likes to reference other indies in his games.

but it's not even a reference or anything
it's more of a style shift
the weird glitchy-ness is pretty neat but it feels out of place

>What ones DIDN'T, exactly?
Ones installed the old way in your data folders over the Workshop folder.
Now those turn off Progress too.

Honestly, I feel like the resemblance between Delirium and the Undertale amalgamates is probably a co-incidence.

It also tends to be much easier

Oh, I getcha. I'm sure people will still find a way around that though and it's still incredibly petty and counter-intuitive to the supposed point of Afterbirth+

I was actually thinking about Gaster but the Amalgamates work too.

oh, actually that didn't even occur to me but they are a little similar since they're white and drippy and shit
I was just talking about how the tone of the boss and the glitching-theme are reminiscent of some of the shit from undertale's story despite the fact that none of that was in before the void

soul hearts were a mistake

I 100% agree. They'll get around it and Edmund and Nicalis are veritably retarded.
How to not fuck up Afterbirth+:
1. It's free
2. There's no new content, it's just a single high-quality editor that lets you change just about everything you feel like
3. Booster Packs will feature the top mods each month the Community picks to be added into the game with achievements and all, pick is decided by votes held on the Isaac Blog, minor tweaks on Nicalis' part so they work with the game as a whole.
4. Salvage Edmund's name and make a name for Nicalis as based, finish the year of Booster Packs, go on to new projects to either fuck up again or keep the ball rolling, rake dosh either way.

It's literally just Isaac delirating.

I don't understand anything about isaac's story and until delirium I thought people who claimed there was one were looking too hard at something that wasn't there
can someone please give a brief explanation of what the game's story is? is it all a dumb dream or something? does mom actually try to kill him, does he actually die, what the hell is happening all that shit?

Just watch the endings really slowly and you'll figure it out yourself (feel free to skip the It Lives ones).

so now that it's been about a week, what is everyones' opinions on AB+'s new items? i really like a lot of them honestly
there's a lot of good/decent tear effects, void and smelter are ridiculously good, sack of sacks is great (+sack head is infinite active charges), eucharist and duality would be more interesting if angel rooms were better, D1 has some interesting uses

then you have synergy items like dull razor, acid baby for phd, ace cards and black rune, fish tail and crow heart trinkets. game-changing trinkets like fractured moon, silver dollar, bloody crown. the bulbs are good for certain builds, the locusts are okay.

most of the buddies and orbitals seem bad, all the "chance to consume on hit" trinkets seem like shit, everything else is filler

oh to add to this, vurp! and gulp! pills are very cool. vurp! in particular is interesting and i wonder what sort of shit you could get into when you have placebo

Ultra Hard is pretty anti-fun. For a "Final Challenge" kind of thing, the unlock is complete shit.

Welcome to Isaac. Where difficulty =/= payout and random chance will shaft you constantly unless you're a literal god at the game who can take the time to kill Delirium with 0 items.

Meh it still makes Samson a little better without adding crap to the item pool.

I'm a big fan, there are a ton of great items and good changes.

>maggie starts with a speed pill
>samson starts with child's heart
>dull razor, eucharist, fly trinkets, smelter, void, silver dollar, bloody crown, sinus infection, dark princes crown, little horn, and contagion.

Honestly if they skipped the portal nonsense and greedier mode this would be a fine dlc.

Now that I'm able to play, I had a great Apollyon run:

>cleared It Lives, Hush, Isaac, Mega Satan and ???
>would've cleared Boss Rush, except I used Void and the teleporter was there, so I took both items and warped out

When you get right down to it, he's pretty cool.

It could have made him start with Blood Rights or IV bag. Child's heart is so bad. The Lazarus buff was terrible too. Maggy's is kind of okay. I'm looking for buffs that make me want to play the character just as much as Judas or Isaac. Eve's and The Lost's buffs were good. Those characters are fun to play now. This is just lazy.

I'd argue Samson didn't really need a buff in the first place. He can already pump himself up any time he finds a blood donation machine or devil beggar, and being able to do that on command would be too powerful, IMO.

how about bloody penny

That's a fair assessment. I'd have used the challenge to buff keeper by giving him Greed's Gullet anyway.
That works. It's still not worth doing Ultra Hard over.

wew

am I seeing what I think I'm seeing

>Pentagram, Sack Head, Gimpy, Wire Coat Hanger

Now gets Polyphemus.

Hot damn.

>leaving the same floor.

>Get Mega Blast as Eden in Greedier mode
>Still manage to lose

This is the most demotivating thing

fps
>>a bunch of the art is simplistic as shit
>If it weren't for Rebirth, I doubt anyone would still be playing.
wew lad

what? it's true. 30 fps is intolerable. i would call it flash game tier but it is literally a flash game.

>mfw I miss the old days in which I was shit at Isaac and had to really try to get anywhere, and Edmund actually cared about the game
The hand-drawn art, even if it looks like shit, has so much more personality than the pixel art of Rebirth.

I meant the "If it weren't for Rebirth, I doubt anyone would still be playing."

I personally know two people who were super into isaac and only stopped playing because rebirth came out. I would think you're in the small minority.

Edmund's a retard for making everything pixel shit in rebirth and whatever his shit was with danny b.

>"the fact that none of that was in before the void"
>What are all of Eden's unlocks
>What is I AM ERROR

danny b's a shitlord anyway

Well whoever the fuck made the music for rebirth can't make music for ass.

If I'm gonna be listening to this shit for hundreds of hours I would have preferred it not be awful.

There's just the "replacing the music" thing but that doesn't work for new tracks.

So what does the "victory lap" thing even do? I've seen people say it just sends you back to basement and removes all your items, and if so, what's the fucking point? Why not just start a new game normally?

>I've seen people say it just sends you back to basement and removes all your items, and if so, what's the fucking point?
They're full of shit or don't know what they're talking about.

>So what does the "victory lap" thing even do?
You go back to the basement with all/most of your items the first time. If you loop again you lose some items, not sure which ones. Same thing happens if you do it again. After that shops are gone and you're the lost. I decided to stop looping there so I'm not sure what happens. Maybe treasure rooms are gone after?

Nigger, the audience before Rebirth came out was less than what it was at any point since. Rebirth was a massive step in the right direction and pretty much necessary for the sake of perfomance, and the game would 100% be dead without it.

Vanilla doesn't even have fucking widescreen support.

>Nigger, the audience before Rebirth came out was less than what it was at any point since
Your point being?

>and the game would 100% be dead without it.

Complete 3 victory laps (ie 4 consecutive runs) with a mod enabled and you'll get the RERUN achievement.

You really think that the visual overhaul (Rebirth is much more visually detailed), widescreen support (standard for over a decade), enormous performance improvements (a low tier laptop couldn't keep 30 on flash, even a Macbook can get 60 on Rebirth), and 60 fps cap (self explanatory) didn't play a huge part in keeping the game from hitting triple digit active player numbers?

Not to even mention the shitloads of content, considering pre-Rebirth was barely even a full game.

>with a mod enabled
This is a bug I think. There was a patch an hour or so ago, I wonder if it is fixed.

>You really think that the visual overhaul (Rebirth is much more visually detailed)
and the style is worse

everyone I know who played isaac hated that rebirth had the "pixel" aesthetic and still does

the only actual improvement is the performance improvements

>everyone I know who played isaac
I hate the visual style of the original Isaac, not a fan of the music either. Since Rebirth dropped the original has become unplayable for me.

>Ultra Hard
>get to Depths XL at 10 minutes
>Takes 9.5 to find the boss fight
>miss Boss Rush by 1 second
>had a teleport card
I hate this stupid challenge.

>not a fan of the music either.
well i'm just gonna say it's a terminal case of shit taste and call it a day

Danny's music fits the game infinitely better than pretty much any rebirth piece.

youtube.com/watch?v=izHxUkF4ZAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=trGeZGcLF94

Yeah, I've heard it plenty of times. Not a fan at all.

Love this though: youtube.com/watch?v=u3J2kv54l64

>well i'm just gonna say it's a terminal case of shit taste and call it a day

Antibirth even manages to have better music than Rebirth/AB+

youtube.com/watch?v=7RVt8Q_O8Sk

What does yours look like /lite/?

Get on my spectrum.

>The cover is even reminiscent of the original's

BRAVO MUDETH

I wouldn't call it better than AB+, but certainly better than the original. This is seems to mimic Danny B's style to the extent that if I didn't know better I might have guessed part of it was lifted from Necrodancer. The Rebirth/Afterbirth/Afterbirth+ fits TBoI better I think.

This kind of thing is why I'm interested in getting the Isaac community to give each iteration of each track (Basement Theme, Mom's Heart theme, etc.) a rating out of ten. Then we can compare the results and find out who is truly superior.

At least that's the theory, anyway. I'm thinking of including the music from the original/WotL, Community Remix, Rebirth/Afterbirth, and Antibirth. Haven't had much luck finding a complete playlist that has all of the Community Remix tracks, however.

>tfw the community remix site is fucking dead

I know necrodancer has like 5 "official" tracks for the entire game, and then you can just upload mp3 files (in-game, too) to change then.

BWAARGH

No, it has way more official tracks.

>The Rebirth/Afterbirth/Afterbirth+ fits TBoI better I think.
I haven't played thousands of hours of isaac but I still played the original quite a bit. Rebirth is relatively late into me playing it, so I don't really think it fits.

The original's is much more subdued and morose, which I think fits the game a lot more than everything in rebirth.

Hell the credits music sounds like it was ripped from god of war.

Danny B, A-Rival, FamilyJules7X, Virt, Girlfriend Records

5, going off of the ones it has as presets in the game

Keeper is the only Delirium clear I'm missing. I hate him so much I don't even want to try to do it.

Oh, I was counting all of those individually.

Just play Apollyon and break the game until you get Clicker, Gnawed Leaf, and Daddy Long Legs or Bumbo. Then Clicker until you turn into Keeper and you're golden.

I got Restock and Steam Sale and milled my donation machine from 996 to 237 until Glitter Bombs showed up, then used about thousand of those to get coins enough to buy more shit until gnawed leaf.

It was stupid and I hated it.

Will it get to the 40s?

Can we ask edmund if he forgot to cook the steak properly?

/lite/ - Isaac General

Anybody playing Gungeon? Games fucking top tier

Considering Afterbirth+ just came out, I can't really blame anyone. My top tier roguelite is FTL, but nobody here talks about that one very much either.

>Anybody playing Gungeon? Games fucking top tier
yes, they need to fucking release supply drop already