RON PAUL Veeky Forums

RON PAUL Veeky Forums,

I have a couple options here in my head. Honestly not sure how much I SHOULD spend based on my income, as I am meeting with financial advisor in a week to figure that out. I have more cash sitting in an account than the cost of these cars 3x over again so repairs/maint is not a challenge.

>Keep my $10k rb25det 240sx.
>Buy an Evo 9/10 for $20-30k
>im out 30k

>Sell my $10k 240sx
>buy a buy an r32 GTS-T/GT-R for $25k.
>Im out 30k

>Keep 240sx
>Buy opc insignia and upgrade fuel+turbo+stuff later for $15k
>im out 15k

Live in northeast in the US, hence the winter beater.

discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=639751
zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=640584
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

second option

Ewww what the fuck

hahahaha, no.

I should have specified, the pic is unrelated
go with the r32

I'm leaning towards that, although I would be upset since I live in the northeast currently that I would only get to drive the r32 3 months out of the year. Weather is atrocious.

on the contrary the evo i can beat around more in without worry and have fun with it all year round

Also, I dun goofed on the math.
>would be out $20k, not 30 for option 2.

Personally I would keep the 240sx and get a cheap beater but I'm a cheap bastard. 5k into any old awd car to hoon around in and put the rest of the money into the 240SX. An RB25 240SX with 10k+ could be making 350whp easy, with plenty of cash to upgrade suspension. You'd beat the shit out of a GTR or Evo in almost every way, but it wouldn't be AWD. And I assume by opc Insiginia you mean the Buick regal? A little boring for my taste and modding it seems like a waste of time. You'll have a comfy, solid all-around car thats decently fast though very boring. Unless I misunderstood and you meant 15k into the 240SX, then I like the idea.

I suppose the problem with my idea though is I don't think you can get a loan to mod a car, so most of that plan would be out of pocket. Also I'm no expert and I'm probably totally wrong but I imagine getting a loan for a Japanese import might be a little more difficult. IMO if it were me and I had the cash I would pay cash, but if you don't mind then do you.

However, I don't think rationalizing which option is the best will lead to the best choice for you. Whatever will make you the happiest is the best choice. When you look back at you're life at 70 years old which car will leave the best memories? What car will bring back memories of how damn cool you were and all the awesome stuff you did with that car? Which will make you feel the coolest speeding down the highway at night or pulling up to a meet? Probably an R32.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm a realistic/logic/numbers oriented person, so it helps to have your point of view. especially this.
>When you look back at you're life at 70 years old which car will leave the best memories?
Hits home.

>Personally I would keep the 240sx
I really do love the car, and honestly -might- prefer it to an r32. I think that's my ultimate question.

>with plenty of cash to upgrade suspension.
It has coilovers and a few other ISR Pro series stuff on there now. So next step is actually power mods for it.

>You'd beat the shit out of a GTR or Evo in almost every way, but it wouldn't be AWD
True, with the power mods. But I could also go single turbo in the GT-R..... AWD may be more fun than rwd. My daily right now is an AWD car.

> opc Insiginia you mean the Buick regal?
Yes, I had a 2011 regal turbo with a 6spd that was manufactured in Russelheim and shipped here and liked it for a daily. Had just a tune.
It is cushy, would be quick with mods, but you're right, is boring. FWD gayness

> IMO if it were me and I had the cash I would pay cash, but if you don't mind then do you.
I could pay cash but if I could get a decent rate on a loan of some sort, it financially be a better option to keep the cash or invest it elsewhere. Regardless, this is a variable I will sort once I make a decision.

RON PAUL, friend.

Get the Evo 10, race subie vapefag douchebros.

I am in an oddly similar predicament. Both the cars involved and financial stability.

In my case, I've had my 240sx for a long time now and while I like it, it has lost the magic it once had. Like the other guy said, looking back, do you want to remember having something truly special? If so, move on from the 240 and get into the skyline. Don't look back.

I'm having a hard time making this kind of jump.

Finally,
>Whatever will make you the happiest is the best choice. When you look back at you're life at 70 years old which car will leave the best memories? What car will bring back memories of how damn cool you were and all the awesome stuff you did with that car? Which will make you feel the coolest speeding down the highway at night or pulling up to a meet? Probably an R32.

This made my semen ooze out of my penis.

I've got the final decision to make really, what do I love more, my 240 (which isn't even put totally together yet) or a stock r32.

I have the biggest desire just to be different and have a RHD car in the United States of Mcdonalds.
I would absolutely love talking to people interested about the car. (I think lol)
I would love it even more than my 240 since it would be in better condition.

On the contrary, I have a vision for my 240, and have collected all the parts to make that come true. It just needs some time and effort to finish it. And seeing that perfect hot road 180sx cruising down the highway and driving it would make my testicles explode with cum.

Pic extremely related.

Another thought is put the 240 in storage for a year. Get the evo, keep it mostly stock and daily drive it.

When you pull the 240 out again, it will be special to you all over.

>which isn't even put totally together yet

This changes things. No wonder you're drooling over R32s that run and drive haha.

The best approach to modding a 240 is do it in stages, with MINIMAL downtime. Cars are no fun when they don't run.

Haha, Evo "ECKS" would be a bunch of fun and I could beat it around without too much care.

I would rarely race it, I just like to cruise.

It is my first car, and I have some emotional attachment to it, but you're right. I could just as easily buy another clean 240 down the road and make it mine. Literally have nearly the same car. Keep the rare parts I have obtained to make it my vision.

That's option one in my OP. My car is currently sitting in my driveway. Slowly working on it. Need to acquire tools to prep for bodywork+paint etc.

Why the fuck would you buy an R32 if you already have a rb25 swapped 240?
For scene points?

>$10k 240sx
Lol no

Yeah, so its a fully running car, it just needs work. I have been driving it around, I just don't feel confident about pushing it.

>exhaust leak because of broken exhaust studs
>dodgy wiring, o2 sensor doesnt work. so im getting a standalone and a wiringspecialties harness for it

dodgy suspension, might have a bad coilover... but probably just bad alignment because its so low.

No, the r32 has an rb26, looks cooler, is rhd so for me i would just love the fact that its different. would give me joy. 240s are pretty common...

Seems you know about modded cars much. I can give you a rundown of everything if you like to educate you on whats worth what.

>he thinks mods increase value
Haha dumbass scumbag

to be clear looks cooler=i love its lines more than a 240sx.

it would make /me/ happier I think, (i would love the car more)... which is all that matters.

Thanks for your posts everyone. Everything appreciated.

I can get more than 10k out of it by doing a semi-partout.
If you're interested in a list, I wouldn't mind sharing.

Otherwise, I hope you get over your ignorance one day, you might learn something.

If it's cooler to you, that's all that matters. And starting with a clean chassis without all the headaches your swapped 240 has will be a world of difference too. Much more rewarding to buy and install clean new parts onto a clean good condition car than dealing with body work, rust, shitty old wiring jobs, etc etc.

I already said it above. Time to move on to bigger and better things. Let the 240 go. You can afford it.

>he thinks 240s are even good cars
Bwahahahahahaha

Assmad GM fangirl detected

Only drive an EVO if you're asian.
Otherwise you look like a huge tool.
t. asian nigger with an evo x

Skylines will plummet in price every year because more and newer years come into the US every year now. I would rather get an Evo.

heh, I've had to fix most of these issues on my s13. Still loved that slow piece of shit.

Thanks, I'll take that into serious thought.

Much appreciated man.

If the shell was good when I got it it might all be worth it, but with the issues I have, I dunno.

I think you're right on this. (I'll stockpile my rare parts for when I find a clean shell down the road and have time to build it. :):) haha

16 of your 22 items you have listed in the screenshot have been addressed and resolved on my car by swapping the engine+harness with an RB25DET, and new seats (brides), z32 brakes, etc.

The remaining, I do not have those issues. My dash is uncracked. Windows have never leaked (stock rubbers!), never seen mold, and I just recently replaced the carpet.

>does have some rust. I live in the northeast. :(

Nice attempt though.

You're definitely not wrong.

>plummet
I don't believe that they will drop faster than a fucking USDM car, but yeah you seem like you know your stuff.

As I mentioned above I don't have most of them lol. Yes, still love that piece of shit.

You'd be an absolute nigger to not get the R32

Okay, so If I got an r32.

GTS-T or GT-R? :)

I have a lot of these issues and especially rusting. But I don't think I have it in me to sell mine.

GT-R
I know it's 4wd but isn't there a switch or something to make it RWD?
I'm not sure about twin turbo though, i'm more of a single turbo fan.

i live in northeast ohio and i would really recomend to you that you keep yur 240 because in 7 years they will be worth more than they are now

the evox will be worth more in 10 years

it always makes sense to build your assets
its more work and more suffering but thats where the value comes from

also i have an evo x and would love to buy a 240sx to add to my collection so if you are serious please post the add so i can buy it from you and throw it in storage

>I know it's 4wd but isn't there a switch or
Yes You can tie a put a switch in between one of the contacts on the AWD system's fuse. It will make it RWD.

I would also go single turbo with it eventually.

I'm west of CLE. You?

Keep the RB-swapped 240, do whatever otherwise. I reckon the third option works out the best. Non-GT-R R32s came with the RB20 and the RB26 GT-R itself will cost quite a bit to keep running. Parts are more expensive than your standard Skyline and uncommon (especially in the States).

I have an rb25. Most parts are interchangeable. But I've def. seen higher cost on rb26 specific parts vs the other ones.

Whatever you do with it, don't forget to bag it and put it on 18x11 wheels user

lol

>this kills the toad (car)

I live in shaker heights

keep your 240sx and store it and make sure it stays in FLAWLESS condition

get an evox and store it again makeing sure it stays in FLAWLESS condition

then get a miata or some cheap beater fun car to rag on

Yes it does but god damn does it look amazing and make you famous on Instagram :D

So in other words DON'T HAVE FUN WITH CARS.

lol, lorain area.
you play gideo vames, user?

im not about the store a car and not drive it life. although im very meticulous about caring for them.

would not store an evo x. as they will drop in value. i dont see them going up anytime soon. the evo 9s are DEF going up in value. and have maybe 30% in the past 5 years.

yeah lol more specifically, dont drive them.

not too much of a stancefag. although i might consider it. not like -5 or more camber. fuck that

>not even running 240SX some dipshit millennial gave up on building after realizing he couldn't figure out how cars worth
>10k
>but I spent 11k on parts
You're 240 is worth no more than $2k

There used to be some cunt on /dat/ who had an R33 GT-R. He claimed expenditure in tens of thousands over the years.

The GT-Rs all have huge potential but you've got to be willing to spend copious amounts of money on them in the first place. And a lot of shit is going to be worn out, as to be expected from a 25+ year old Japanese sports car.

If you absolutely want one and you're willing to deal with the costs, go for it. For a fraction of the price you'll be punching holes in Ferraris and Lambos.

>leased automatic FR-S
>claims 500awhp on an Evo's stock DCT automatic tranny

Ignore this lying retard.

why do you want to go into debt? just wondering

N. Ridgetucky fag here.

My .02 is to keep banging away at the 240. I'm in a similar boat with my FC Vert and every time I come back to it'd be better to build on this investment than to get another project and start over.

Still hasn't even asked for list of parts to back any of his shitposts up. Offered twice.

Ignorance is bliss.

Yeah I expect to replace a lot of bushings and shit on it. They won't really break unless you mod them to be honest. I know the RB motor well enough to know their weakpoints as well.

There are no lambos and ferraris where I live. xP

leased auto FRS? lol? arent those cars like 12k now? lease? rofl.

Just how much do you think an r32 gt-r would cost me on top of its 25k purchase price? I've explained already I have plenty of cash just sitting and an income to pay for it.
Your logic isn't sound.

Yeah so I've heard 'ridgetucky" term a dozen times in my life here.
I like the idea, as I think I would have much more respect for the car after all the time and effort ive put into it. and learned.

I was just kidding.
Please don't bag your car. Everyone is on bags now(including me).
Do something different user.

>he put money into a secretaries car
Hahahahahaha

true I didn't read the part of the OP where you talked about how much spare money you had

so now my question is, are you gonna leave everything stock? cuz then you'll be dropping much more money on quality parts (not ebay tier shit, it seems like you're above that)
it's always harder/more expensive to get jdm 90's parts than for something newer

Samefag

Stock for a while maybe. Probably go single turbo, fuel, standalone. Xona Rotor, so no not cheap parts by any means lol. Best stuff you can get. (eh not motec but aem infinity)

Then you might be able to beat a stock turbo FC.
Kek

>parts list
>he thinks because he got ripped off by shitty aftermarket vendors that he can ever recoup any of that money

At 1500 bucks for a roller they're still a great platform.
Although running ones are finally starting to drift up in price.

Floppy chassis are not good platforms

yea add me on steam: inuboi8
let me know the next time ur doing a park run, ill show u my evo and i promise it will scare the tits off you. i grew up in the metroparks so i know all the best spots

fun for me is enjoying the car but keeping it perfect

also the frs went to my ex when we broke up years ago. god i miss it

if you're dying for a car you can get a gtst skyline for way way way less than $25k. I would just get a gtst for like 10k, spend more money on the 240 if you want, and call it good.

If you're remotely concerned about winter driving at all, unless you're gonna duracoat the bottom of every car you own, shits gonna get nasty down there. So if you really care about keeping a car in nice condition you might as well just buy a POS opel and call it good.

Even with a skyline I don't think you'd want to sell the S chassis, they're something special. even more so if you actually did the work to it.

I bought a hatch shell for $200, aint nobody should be paying 1500 for a roller unless its in literally perfect condition.

240's are pretty stiff as is, but its not like its even remotely difficult to make them stiff if you actually care. hint: you don't. A 240 isn't floppy enough to look like a fox body, its stiffer than what your mom sucked on last night

Youre delusional
240s are horribly floppy
Miatas are stiffer and faster
Civics are stiffer and faster
240s are shit cars m8. Even when modded have a hard time keeping up with stock cars from the same era

>shitty aftermarket vendors

Bride
NeXT
HKS
Buddy Club
Nismo
Hot Road
Plenty of OEM parts not sold in the US
SPL
Xona
AEM
Fortune Auto
Nagoya
Greddy
Radium Engineering
Walbro
Nardi/NRG

>shitty aftermarket
>cant recoup

I can actually make money by doing a semi-partout. Not even kidding. Already did that with the Garrett Turbo I bought and decided to get a newer bigger one. Made a couple hundred even after shipping.

3/10 troll attempt got me to list some brands on the car.
I sent you one.

This is very true. Very very true...
I've considered the GTS-T as well.

just reading the thread and seeing "10k" an "240sx" in the same sentence just isnt possible. I hate to break it to you but even if you put the best possible parts on it which I feel like they're prolly just typical aftermarket parts it doesnt add value like that to a car that is normally so cheap so no one would pay 10k for a modded 240sx no matter how nice, also from northeast ohio tho so I hate to shit but thats my opinion

If you've put all that money into proper parts just keep it and finish it dude.
I'm at a similar point with my s14 and I nearly listed it the other day but decided to finish it to the original vision I had when I bought it.

Its not 10k as it is now. i have like 4 or 5k in parts sitting waiting for it. so if i put it up for sale i could sell it for 7k right now.
>rb25
>clean car
>good wheels
>good coilovers
>type x stuff
>no cracked dash, new interior pieces, professionally swapped. etc.

go look in the market.~ 7k for that is very fair.

But otherwise you're wrong. Theres a few 240s build up for 20-25k ive seen. none of which i've seen ever sold of course. poeple end up doing part outs and selling it in a running and mostly finished state.

buy r32 gtst for 10k and drop the rest on modding it

meh ive never really followed those cars just because of personal taste so if you truly feel you're right about it I suppose you would know more than me I just don't see it personally but I do hope you're right for your sake

you do realise the r32 is a massive upgrade from the 240sx just becuase of the suspension setup

GTST nigger, the price of gtrs is way inflated above what theyre worth. Instead of spending $25k on a gtr, spend $10k on a gtst and spend the $15k on an rb25det or even a rb26 if ur feeling crazy. My point is with the money you save you can make the gtst way better than the GTR, only downside being no awd but its over rated unless youre gonna track it.

>I make about 10$ an hour working at mcdonalds but want to blow 3/4 of my inheritance money on a car.
ftfy

from a daily ownership perspective the r32 WILL cost more but the real question is will it be more fun

thats subjective and if OP loved his 240 than he may not get the same fulfillment out of an awd car

>he may not get the same fulfillment out of an awd car
exactly why he should get a gtst

zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=639751 bad ex

zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=640584 good ex. this dipshit wants 12k and its an SR.
All he has is the front bar and spoiler. Not a full kit like my setup.

Highly considering GTST. I think dumbasses want 14k for them though. Saw a GTR for 22k. So 25k is a bit much

It may be hard to conceptualize for someone who's never seen even middle class amounts of income and is poverty-stricken, but no, no inheritance, I'm the only one who's been saving/making money for myself, tyvm.

Talk to RBMotoring. He will be able to help you find a decent example. Everything I've seen shows he doesn't bullshit buyers.

GTR is better. It defaults to RWD. Only engages the front drive as you increase the front rear speed differential. Engine is better as well. Bide your time here and look into getting a late model R32.