/gowg/ Gears of War General

New maps and update info soon edition

update:gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/update-on-the-next-title-update-and-other-odds-and-ends/2f70a747-2489-4a26-a58e-92b8c0cde30d/posts

Available December 6th for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Glory and Speyer will also be introduced into free public playlists on December 13 and Gridlock and Relic will be removed.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/12/01/gears-war-4-december-update/

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (embed) (embed) (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (embed) (embed) (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Other urls found in this thread:

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gears-of-war-4-title-update-3-january-10th-2017/990fbe4c-603d-493b-b6cf-c8302fd86120/posts
glixel.com/interviews/epics-tim-sweeney-on-vr-and-the-future-of-civilization-w459561
youtu.be/wLLb9qODB3o
youtu.be/Ly2THb1BXuw
gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gear-pack-changes-coming-with-title-update-3-series-2/df341b29-1bac-46d6-a307-5b948173d3d5/posts
news.xbox.com/2017/01/10/legacy-favorites-return-gears-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What new maps are we getting tomorrow?

If we're getting new maps I want a map based on Marcus's tomato garden. if they're past maps I want GoW2 maps come back.

>a massive drop of new craftable card content which will include lots of new weapon skins and character skins (in the hundreds),
I really hope to see some new skills for soldier and scout but I know it won't include any skill card most likely.

wut

Because they don't mention anything about it. I don't want to raise my expectations and get a gash in my heart afterward.

New maps hurry

Quitting penalty should apply to hirde as well when done before failing a wave.

Or allow people to leave pre-game if they dont like the map so squad can be refilled

>you should be forced to play with retarded teammates who'll continue to be retarded despite how many times you try to teach them how not to be retarded

Fuck off.

whens this shit drop for Aussies?

What the hell, this general is still alive.? I thought it would die after two days.

5am

fuark guess ill download it tomoz. Any new on how big itll be?

>after failing a wave
If they havent failed a wave they cant be total cunts.

Establish your own squad if you expect 4 leets from random public matches
and send me inv

9gb

When you have more than two un-reups on hardcore or insane you know it's gonna be just a short unsatisfying run by experience.
You have a quite high chance that your team will fall apart even before wave 31 because un-reups always get in the way of the rest.
When I play horde I always mean to play through all waves and I want to avoid such a frustrating situation as much as possible.

What poor bastsrd keeps creating new threads? I commend you for your efforts but i think gowg is absolutely boned

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gears-of-war-4-title-update-3-january-10th-2017/990fbe4c-603d-493b-b6cf-c8302fd86120/posts

Other Fixes
- Skill ranking will now be visible again at the end of match scoreboard
- Added ‘Spawns Swapped’ UI when spawns flip in Versus
- Increased the Energy cost of the Hammer of Dawn Strike in Horde
- Increased Escalation Win and Loss bonuses
- Increased Escalation Win Bounty Rewards
- Tuned criteria and rewards for King of the Hill Bounties
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to teleport Energy to their position in Horde
- Squad Members can immediately see when they have been removed from a Squad
- The ‘Horde Skills’ UI Notification alerting you to new skills now works correctly
- Horde Skill cards can now be equipped and unequipped in the Horde Skills inventory
- Added UI notification to show new Cards in your collection when opening Gear Packs
- Improved UI on Turret Heat bar
- Improved performance when switching tabs in Card view menus
- Added slider to control how long text chat remains visible after a message
- The Longshot can no longer shoot through walls if positioned through a 90 degree corner
- Added a Duplicates Only filter to the Inventory Menu
- Fixed an issue where audio slowly cut out in Horde
- Fixed an issue allowing grenade effects to continue into the next round in Versus
- Removed an exploit allowing users to break the map boundaries in Horde on Foundation
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to respawn out of the map boundaries in Horde
- Fixed an issue where offline customization would reset if user changed characters
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements

We're continuing to work on lobbies for Core and Competitive in addition to more punitive measures for quitting and investigating tuning improvements. We can’t wait to deliver all this and more throughout 2017. Here’s to another year of Gears! We’ll see you online.

glixel.com/interviews/epics-tim-sweeney-on-vr-and-the-future-of-civilization-w459561

>Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney has revealed that the budget for Gears of War: Judgment was $60 million. In an interview with Glixel (via NeoGAF), Sweeney said the game ended up pulling in $100 million from sales, but this was a far smaller profit than for the original Gears of War.

"A funny thing happened in the console market, though. Budgets were being bid up. The first Gears of War cost $12 million for us to make. And it made us $100 million in profit. So that was awesome," Sweeney said. "But by Gears of War: Judgment, the game cost about $60 million to build, and made about $100 million still."
No Caption Provided

Sweeney previously said that Gears of War 3's budget was around four or five times as much as the first game, so about $48 million-$60 million. Gears of War, Gears of War 2, and Gears of War 3 were made primarily by Epic Games alone, while Judgment was developed by Epic and People Can Fly.

Epic started development on its own Gears of War 4 and Sweeney estimated that it would have cost $100 million to make. Part of the reason why Epic sold Gears of War to Microsoft was because of the ballooning budgets of console game development, Sweeney said.

"We saw as you moved to this new console generation, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, we could expect our costs to double again," Sweeney told Glixel. "And the user base wasn't going to double. It was going to go back to zero and then have to rebuild. We felt we would be of questionable viability as a standalone developer in triple-A."

Microsoft released its Gears of War 4 in October 2016 for Xbox One and PC. The company has not and likely never will disclose the game's budget. Microsoft has not said anything about how the game has sold.

The full Glixel interview with Sweeney is very in-depth and fascinating. Sweeney also talked extensively about virtual reality and how it can be "really dangerous."

That's interesting talk. I like it. If he wouldnt surpass all my industry skills l would be highly doubtful of fluid VR though any time soon

Please stay alive, I want to talk about the update after it drops.

I'd say GoW4 made back it's prod. budget, but I dunno whenm you factor in the marketing costs then, game's fucking dead on PC, I'd say about 4,000 copies sold primarily for PC, then around a million for console.

I wonder if they're gonna release any old skool skins

This is cool

I'm on Xbox one and I suck, how do I git gud? I play dodgeball, team death match, and execution.

Step 1
Watch people who don't suck balls
Step 2
Copy people who are good
Step 3
Fail to do step 2 because of your lack of skill
Step 4
Whore power weapons
Step 5
Repeat step 4 until good

What are you hopes and dreams for the new skins dropping? Now what is their monkey paw drawback?

At last, some recognition to season pass holders

Any skins that aren't for Lancer, Gnasher, Snub, Longshot and look actually distinctive.

behind paywall or craftable super legendarys

Anyone you would suggest?

youtu.be/wLLb9qODB3o
youtu.be/Ly2THb1BXuw
New maps are Blood Drive and Clocktower

Ayo fuckers, we're doing I'm doing a speedrun now before they patch this shit.

Post your GT's.

KnightOfZero11

god FUCKING DAMMIT I HATE CLOCK TOWER REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I like these maps but I'm disappointed. they were already brought back to life in GoW3.

please post screenshots of dope skins when the update drops

Blood Drive is fire. They also dropped prices on packs

Make Gears great again
!

this pls

i'll be at work

What are the prices?

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gear-pack-changes-coming-with-title-update-3-series-2/df341b29-1bac-46d6-a307-5b948173d3d5/posts

>armored anya and liquid chrome

hoping there's more but looks good

aaaah some nice WHO characters. Also what the fuck is the obsession with zombie characters. I rarely see anyone play as them.

Whose idea was it to make a weapon skin with a sassy black dudes face on it?

blood drive is a top 5 map for the entire series, but they fucked it up with the extra stuff in gears 3, and the rifles were too broken for that map to function anyways. Zombie minh looks badass, definitely wasted my time getting UIR packs since ill probably just play as him.

As fun as gears 4 is I would rather have a gears 2 remaster. Gears 2 probably had the best map catalogue of any shooting game ever.

news.xbox.com/2017/01/10/legacy-favorites-return-gears-4/
>"New" characters
>More braiiiiiins

>We also have a surprise legacy character that will be returning as a Scrap-only Card very soon. Stay tuned – we think you will be excited.

>Today, we’re excited to announce the Series 2 Airdrop for Season Pass holders! Coming this January, this special Season Pass Airdrop is loaded with twenty Gear Packs containing sixty random cards from the Series 2 Characters and Weapon Skins, giving you a head start on building your new collection of content.
This new Airdrop will be awarded on January 13th to anyone who has purchased the Gears of War 4 Season Pass, and instantly to any new Season Pass holders from that date onward. In addition, Season Pass holders will also now be able to log in and claim a bonus Bounty Gear Pack every Friday!

>280 new Cards

>260 new Weapon
>13 new character
So what are the other 7 cards? just emblems? no new skill card for horde?

>Helmetless Gear
How can TC be so clueless and tasteless about so many things

yeah i know and those lips are so unrealistic. Somebody fire the fucking artist

>We also have a surprise legacy character that will be returning as a Scrap-only Card very soon. Stay tuned – we think you will be excited.

Clayton Carmine or niggas finna be dropped

>15 minutes after update is meant to go live
>it isn't live

I hope its RAAM desu, the swarm are already spready pretty thin with just db paint jobs and a few different swarm characters

It probably will be RAAM, people really, REALLY like RAAM. And (((they))) said "we think you will be excited."

Better start saving scrap then scrubs. Anyone know what a realistic amount of scrap to craft him would be though?

2500 would do the trick

Probably 2,400 like other legendary cards.

Got it m8, I'm probably already half way there since the UIR update

>Hammer of Dawn now costs 11.000
Looks like speedruns will still be doable, or at least I know that with my current setup I can manage to get it done in more or less 60 minutes with minimal changes.

WTF where are the new skins?

I spent my 60k I saved up and got nothing out of all the Elite Packs!!!

t b h, the only changes that it's gonna have is that the Scout now has to run and collect the power and you most likely have to save every _1, _2, _3 wave to compensate for the 11k Hammer and the Scout not getting the double points since the Hammer ends the wave before he can pick everything up.

Surely this is bait.

next month new maps I hope.

only 3000 more not so bad

So hows the update so far gents?

So there are no new horde skills?

I don't give a shit about the Hammer of Dawn nerf because I always prefer team rescue but making one of a few reasons you pick soldier more expensive and not buffing soldier fundamental skils doesn't make sense.

just realized Clocktower is fucking tiny.
Developer playlist is on hardcore and buzzkills, dead eyes, and guardians can eat a dick

>no swarm characters even with the next huge content update

yeah, i'm trading this in.

>trading in a game because the 3rd of 12th free content updates doesn't have exactly what you want in it.

Suicide.

>"Soon"

>Tuned criteria and rewards for King of the Hill Bounties
I bet it's a nerf, KotH was the best way to earn credits in versus too, it was also my favorite mode. It's bad enough they reduced it to one round. Guess there's no reason for me to play social versus anymore.

>V-Day Sam
It's like they heard me. Fucking awesome. I have just enough to craft one legendary too.

I'm hopping for Myrrah. I was never all that interested in RAAM. Just saw him as a bigger, darker, Theron.

All the maps are smaller compared to 3. Felt that way the first time I hopped online.

I'm a little late but I'm just going over everything now, and damn this update looks great so far. I'm okay with Clocktower, and Blood Drive, and some of the skins look great too. There's actually some sets I want to complete and characters I'm going to try and unlock.

>Bought 2 e-sports packs
>Got Black Steel Kait
>Now there's sik new skins coming out and I'll feel like I'll have to still use kait because I paid money for her

This is why your shouldn't Microtransact

I hope not, maybe in gears 2 anniversary next year.

The only Black Steel person i think is cool is Del, but Kait is kind of cool too. I wish Sam and some of the veterans could get those too.

Black steel is superior to everything unless it's Reyna

>no locust skins
I just want one thing

Only two characters have decent black steel though

Kaits and Dels are OK but Oscar and JD is top tier

How do you get cards for Horde?

I find Del's to be superior because he looks full football player mode. And Kait for the for chainmail looking skirt armor.

Oh nevermind. I never thought to check the store.

The back of Oscar's vest looks pretty goddamn neat with the toughened leather look. Too bad I'll never have it because I'm not a goy

I totally approve of TU3.

What's your favorite new card?
>v-day sam

Saving up enough to craft Sam. Does she have the rest of her lines from 3 or is it just a new look? I miss her old quotes.

Before the update a young Sam was one character I really wanted to have, but the first thing I ended up crafting was the cutie medic. I'll probably switch to Sam for a while once I get her from a pack.

new look

Really happy about the gear pack changes, elite packs might be worth getting now.

Has TC redeemed themselves?

No. Maybe if they bring back the UIR packs for 2,000. I didn't even get a single one during their original run because it was way too fucking depressing to grind for 4,400.

The quit penalty implementation sounds like it's pretty good. It discourages people from quitting and even stacks so that if you have a habit of quitting, like i know all of the most notorious ones must have, then it locks them out even longer.

And the new cards are nice but they're still very much lacking in Swarm / Locust representation. All of the drones are still just slightly different drones.

Didn't they say future premium packs would now be 2000? I would hope they'd bring back UIR but the price change is pretty certain

How long before the community figures out a new speed run exploit?

Damn. Oh well i'm glad to see younger Sam back at least. It's great that she had some kind of role in the campaign but she's too in your face of a character to just quietly age into the background, was a little sad as well. Now i got the best of both worlds.