/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft.

Guilds:
- Horde
- Alliance

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

Last:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LdZSKLzUolI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who else staying home from school/work just to play?

First for this is the superior leveling spec for Hunters, ignore the one in the OP.

too many others already taken off/ quit , Working my shift with jus me and my supervisor atm and maybe one girl

Can someone please tell me what spells I should ignore on a warrior to save money early on?
I know about thunder clap, but what else?

Are Aussies playing this? What's your ping like cunts?

I made a troll shaman. How much did I fuck up?

I'm waiting on queue to get in and roll an Undead Mage. I rolled a warrior last time around and got to 42 or so before the server shut down.

I'm fuckin' stoked.

What did op mean by not taking improved revive pet ? what was his endgame by doing so

Depends.

200-300 on a good day, 500+ on bad ones.

Note, I'm on the special NBN thing which gives me a better connection. The poor plebs without it will have a really awful connection.

There is a LOT of copper in the upper part of Darkshore, please stop the stinky-chinky "Xiou" from taking it all

quickly reroll to priest if you wanted to be a healer or spellcast dps.

troll shaman is goat

so is there a mail delay or something? guildie sent me a few items like 10 minutes ago and I still dont have the mail

>mfw watching this all unfold in the company of my fellow confident #crestmissiles

Usually 2-3 days, unless you have Prime

Even WR-pace hunters who basically never die will take imp. revive pet. Letting your pet die is something you'll often have to do just to get through a really tough fight, let alone all the times a pet might die by accident.

Pretty sure whoever made it just made half of the classes up as he went along in order to try to look smart.

one hour

nice thx

cute sheep

what quest addon do you guys use?

>cheating

questie + vanillaguide

questie is a piece of garbage and I only use vanilla guide to pick a zone to go to and follow a loose quest chain of sorts though. It's fine to just use nothing.

>implying I use one
I just chain quests as I see fit, and glance at a guide every now and then to make sure I'm not missing anything worthwhile.

is questing really worth it? even the best quests for my level only give 2000 xp, thats only 13 mobs which takes me like 6 minutes.

I use both shagu quest and questie, the 2 combine is so accurate its fantastic, questie tells you where to pick quests and where to end them, and shagu tells you every single spawns of mobs you're interested in
Tbh shagu might aswell be concidered cheating

Yeah, plenty of quests are really easy and give loads of xp or collide with mobs that are good to grind anyway. Kill 60 boars that happen to be a good grinding spot, might as well get a quest to do it and get the XP on top.

if it takes you more than 6 minutes of not killing mobs to complete then no.

Just a warning to you Alliance guys that Grimlic is in your guild.

this image is cursed
delete this now

who /sneaky/ here?

maybe its just the barrens that questing sucks for, its like a 20 minute walk every time you want to do anything different.
when can i leave?

When you can do stonetalon. I'd milk as much as possible out of the barrens and grind till 20, tho. If you're later on try grinding ally mobs in that mining place near thousand needles' elevator.

post rare names

>maybe its just the barrens that questing sucks for
No, you're just REALLY bad at chaining quests efficiently. The Barrens is amazingly good for questing as long as you do a few quests at a time.

I guess are getting a little worried about some competition. hahahah

Also please put into the OP as one of the horde guilds. We have 53 total members and 24 members online at peak hours.

Anyone not interested in is welcome to join the user guild!

Anyone else stuck at 'Retrieving Realm List' after the queue?

Nobody cares that you got your own name you dumb shit, nobody was after it in the first place.

please respond

>klimpen
LMFAO
HOW EMBARRASSING

FUCKNGI DELET YTRANNIS IGVE ME FMY FUICING NAME!!!

>what the deuce
XDDD

Which one of you mean by that ?

actibate winblows

memer

You really chose the shittiest name available

i don't mind there are two horde vg guilds, internal competition is cool

>implying I've ever used that name before
Nice try faggots.

Anyone else have Legionfag friends who constantly try to drag you back down with them?

I don't use tyrranis anymore.

And noob doens't use that name either.

Nice try though wowg spergs enjoy your dead fucking expansion.

i dont think thats true. i had a really easy time doing the alliance side on nost. there is some logical progression, you clear an area and move on to the next.

the barrens has a ton of backtracking and quests givers in somewhat random spots. if you go to crossroads and pick up 5 quests, you bet your ass there will be one at each corner of the map, and one in the map over. the only way you could possibly chain quests is if you had a guide telling you exactly what to do in what order, and what ones to skip.

that said i think the barrens is probably the most mmo-ey map i've played. it feels really cool and alive, you can see the amount of love and effort they put into designing it.

no
i have freshfag friends who try to drag me into queues though

I wanna fuck anime posters.

Line them all up, face down ass up and pound their bps until they stop posting anime.

That's pretty lewd

>2017
>still being an oldcuck when you could be a freshbull

Ill pound you. Desu.

no they just complain about the game and how boring farming legendaries from world bosses is, I think one of them accidentally got 4 on his alt but 3 on a main. Really makes me not want to play actually.

London?

>the only way you could possibly chain quests is if you had a guide telling you exactly what to do in what order
Once you get into the theme of "do quest w/x/y in certain area", "kill mobs for quest z because they're on the way to quest w/x/y", "go back to XR", "hand in", "repeat", it's honestly not too hard.

Having said that, knowing the perfect times to go to ratchet and STM is pretty much impossible unless you've done it before.

>not being Legionbull
enjoy your inferior version of the game for next 14 years, loser. Oh but wait, you won't, because Blizzbulls will take your pitiful server down soon.

>I wanna fuck anime posters.
This sounds pretty desperate desu.
"I-I w-wanna fuck a-anime posters.. please!"
>being a freshcuck when you could be a newfreshbull
new fresh where we at

If you were a little more dominant maybe?

Should I roll horde or alliance?

What are most of you playing?

So, just got my ass handed to me in Ratchet as an alliance character.. Maybe I'm misremembering, but weren't there guards or something that dealt with people who broke the neutrality?

/OURGUY/ STAYSAFE DOES IT AGAIN LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=LdZSKLzUolI

Are you a faggot?

FREE
R
E
E

I'm guessing either they don't work, or you were standing around a point where the guards just don't give a shit.

Apparently the horde population is slightly higher. I'm alliance.

Who to whisper for Salty Dogs invite?

Currently, it's a 55: 45 Horde:Alliance ratio.

You can go with the majority or minority.

It's an RPG, focus on the RP

>left my bot on overnight accidentally
>it's level 31 and been grinding all night
PANIC

>tfw you get your t2 helm, ring, and onyxia head the night after you got your t2 boots
I'm sure queue countdowns and competing for lv8 mobs is fun too though

This, just started, looking to get in.

>mfw everyone is too scared to go into WC without a mage
>mfw I cleared wc with a lvl 18 group without one
Holy fuck the fresh server is full of bads who need their handicap CC, because pulling mobs is difficult and fighting 2 mobs at once is JUST CRAZYNESS!

Which bot?

I'm a submissive fuccboi. Will you dom me with your girlcock pls?

What is the difference between Elysium realm and NostalriusPVP realm?

>was going to make a warrior
>all my favourite warrior names were taken
>decide to make a warlock and use a name from a book I just read
>the name actually works

I guess I'm a warlock now.

Should I get any professions? I heard first aid is pretty good.

>healer/tank takes frequent smoke breaks

10/10

Ratchet has some spots where guards don't really pop if I remember right.

Let em, Everyone wants a cozy run

>I like playing on a dead server

LFM DM 20+ ONLY

You enjoyed your eight months of farming MC and BWL. So will I.

Tailoring is pretty good, especially for that one set that gives +shadow damage and helps you become an unstoppable beast.

>implying fresh won't be dead once the hype dies down and the normies start dropping like flies

my bot

yeah, sure

Sure, it's like 7 inches so I wouldn't make a good trap anyway. I'm sure you'll do, slut.

>that one set that gives +shadow damage
>set
It's not actually a set is it?

i just use it
didnt say i made it

uhuh

How strict is Elysium on offensive names? Do they just make you change it, or do you get banned?

t. Nillkiggers

Veeky Forums is always majority alliance. Horde has plenty of players, but it's mostly normies and redditors.

T-thanks, senpai.

>queue fuccbois going all out again