tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 5
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-5/
Respawn will be back to work soon™ now that the holidays are coming to a close, that means "content"

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesradar.com/bye-bye-burn-cards-the-big-changes-coming-to-titanfall-2-multiplayer/
youtube.com/watch?v=8IijQdQoxEM
mobile.twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/816711756143857664
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What DPI does /tfg/ use?

I run 800 DPI and 1.455479 sens

Same can be said to you. I pointed at the current game mechanics, map layout and damage values of hitscan weapons.

You just keep spouting "slow=shit" like some sort of mantra that comes true the more often you say it.

You don't even have arguments and want to perpetuate this general's meme. It's cool, I like going fast too but it's just not the best way to win.

But I already noticed your stupidity so I will stop trying to convince you. (Yeah you can add another point to your "won Internet fights" list now, you earned it).

Just think about me when you run into the next pilot sentry.

Obligitary.

Speed is life. Thanks Papa Viper.

Slow generally does mean bad though
Whilst you are able to pick off average speed style players, the top end will 9 times out of 10 be too much for the shitter, evidence being the competition in which the tfg team took out first place.
of course if you just want to play casually then sure playing like a cod babby is enough to win games but to actually get to the higher levels of play you need to start using the movement system to its full potential

Too fast to post the actual. Fuck.

How weird, that something subjective is based on personal experiences and has a lack of factual arguments to be made about it!
Here's a fact for you then, at least: Not once in this game's time have I found myself threatened or even remotely impressed by a slow player. At worst, they're an annoyance I have to maneuver slightly more carefully around. Meanwhile, fast players are always challenging and always fun to play against. Almost as if there's some kind of difference in skill and effectiveness between the two...

>pilot sentries
>what is phase shift
>what is holo pilots
>what is arc grenades from a mile away
As if you couldn't be more obvious that you don't understand the tools a good player has access to.

speed is life

How the hell do I snipe on ps4. I scrounged on investing into a gaming pc after getting ps4 and now I regret that decision whenever I pick up a new shooter.

>doodle used as op image again
warms my heart desu

sniper rifles have no aim assist, so get familiar with that thumbstick or give up

Show us what a slow can do, shitter. Post a scoreboard against a tfg member

or just a fast in general

slowshitters can kill other slows all fucking day, but the fast players will always haunt the back of your mind as you watch your deathcam.

You're not even close to strong enough for the skies.

EVA-8 it is.

It's just a matter of practise

I'm far from being good but it feels like it requires a lot of effort

that's the spirit

400dpi and 2.4 or 2.5 sens. still trying to decice which feels better

anyone wish they would bring all the old burn cards back as banners? this one in particular was one of my favorites, both in looks and function.
spectre burncard + hacking spectres was fun. too bad you couldnt use the automatic hacking burncard at the same time as the spectre camo card

Joined the PC network but I hope there are some fellow Europoors in there

shoulda built a pc user. its much cheaper than any pre-built "gaming" pcs, they will rip you off hard.

congrats famalambampai!

>fastfags keep spewing memes about how they are 2fast4you
>the slowcuck is actually trying to pose arguments based on game mechanics

Guys you really gotta do better than this I mean god damn

whoop, meant for

Honestly I miss burn cards. They were an amazing part of Titanfall and I was expecting to see these mechanics fully fleshed out more - and they just axed them.

Here is a good quote from Penny Arcade on the Titanfall 2 Beta:

>As I was playing it, and liking it, I was also making assumptions about things that weren’t true. For example, I wasn’t aware that Burn Cards were gone gone. I read an article where a developer delivers what I would describe as “ineffective argumentation” about that, specifically calling out one of the coolest manifestations of Burn Cards - the Atlas Refurb. Essentially, it allows someone to start the game with a Titan. When I start a match, and I see one of those fucking things fall, trust me: that’s not a bad thing. It’s scary in the best possible way. That is something that reinforces their loop. I believe Titanfall more than I believe other shooters, and part of that is that there are multiple scales of engagement: it’s not just fast hitboxes running around a post apocalyptic aquarium. Judicious shortcuts of their loop, gated by card rarity, I mean… that’s a bad example.

The article Tycho is referring to is this:

gamesradar.com/bye-bye-burn-cards-the-big-changes-coming-to-titanfall-2-multiplayer/

Am I reading correctly?

3200 DPI and 5 sens?

How the fuck fast is that

Boosts are meant to be a more reliable and consistent replacement for burn cards.

1800 DPI, default sense

>the coolest manifestations of Burn Cards - the Atlas Refurb. Essentially, it allows someone to start the game with a Titan. When I start a match, and I see one of those fucking things fall, trust me: that’s not a bad thing. It’s scary in the best possible way.
i miss burn cards too, but this was definitely a bad thing. burn cards to call titans in at the very start of the match is plain unfair. a user could have 3 of them, and a team could all be using them. if you think pubstomps are bad now, imagine a premade with ronin/tone burncards.

id like burn cards to be back but more balanced, some of the cards were clearly too strong. the rare ones that sold for 400 merits were too good.
that said, boosts are not bad, they just need a little more variety like burn cards had. id like more boosts but with less potency. amped weapons is fun and all, but it is very strong and can turn the tides of a match quickly in the right hands. stuff like pilot sentry also has no place in this game at all.
i think boosts could be good with a little rework

must be something different with his mouse or some shit, that is insanely fast. i think youd spin around twice by just moving the mouse around your mousepad a bit

Boosts are not consistent because there are 6 players in a match, each of which could use any number of boosts you don't fully see until they are used against you. They are irregular and spread out enough where you might never even see all 6 enemy boosts used in a game.

Furthermore knowing there are pilot sentry turrets is only useful information when you see one deployed, once destroyed you can't just go slow and hide in corridors the rest of the match because there isn't any. Oh shit someone is using amped weapons? Better not get into any gunfights!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying boosts are bad. I'm just saying that boosts are not analogies to burn cards because they don't provide the short cut or loops you wouldn't want players to have multiple times a match. Being permanently invisible shouldn't be a boost, and if that card is too good you can amp the rarity up

A pubstomp with a bunch of Titans dropped in at the start would be insanely OP, but you are using a disposable resource you don't get back. For 6 guys to drop refurbs on a casual match is just bad. And with how devastating pilot AT weapons are it's not even the end of the world.

In the specific instance Tycho was referring to, having a refurb drop in lets say a CTF match was genuinely terrifying and "Oh fuck we need to deal with this right away" - but it was FUN terrifying. Having 6 refurbs is a problem, but they could easily plan and deal for that.

As I said, system expanded, tweaked and refined instead of being removed. The Spectre Hack is a perfect example of just a super fun, awesome boost that doesn't even fuck up gameplay. Maybe only allow 1 refurb to be deployed per team? Maybe blah blah blah

about yea, going from end to end of my mousepad that's like apparently 9.84 in across

>endless stim
>with phase shift
i can only dream of the nightmares

>amped weapons is fun and all, but it is very strong and can turn the tides of a match quickly in the right hands.
Which is why you get it at 80% Titan charge. By the time it's available to you, you have your Titan.

Isn't the rule of thumb that dragging your mouse from one end to another should result in one full 360?

hell if i know, hell if i care, this is what works for me
i absolutely hate it if i have to drag the mouse along to move it

>A pubstomp with a bunch of Titans dropped in at the start would be insanely OP, but you are using a disposable resource you don't get back. For 6 guys to drop refurbs on a casual match is just bad. And with how devastating pilot AT weapons are it's not even the end of the world.
titans are different in 2, everyone knows this. early titan advantage can mean a win if the enemy team is not all focused on taking down the titan, which is almost never the case in pubs. especially if its something like ronin or tone, who both excel at destroying pilots with ease. sure it might be fun or an adrenaline rush for both teams a few times, but getting stomped by titans the moment the game starts is going to get old real quick.
the card may be disposable, but a titan can go a long way.
>In the specific instance Tycho was referring to, having a refurb drop in lets say a CTF match was genuinely terrifying and "Oh fuck we need to deal with this right away" - but it was FUN terrifying. Having 6 refurbs is a problem, but they could easily plan and deal for that.
again, with how different titans are in 2, this could mean a guaranteed win for the team in the right hands. not everyone is good at poking with an MGL from safety or sniping with charge rifles, most players cant even slidehop.

yeah stuff like mass spectre hack was good and id like to see more of things like that and the one that made grunts ignore you. stuff that alters gameplay and gives an advantage, but not a big one

Fuck tone

how can you aim like that? how do you track targets when such small movements of your mouse send your crosshair flying? especially when targets are moving fast.
if it works for you then yeah its fine no problem, but consider trying a low sensitivity sometime. it has many advantages over high sensitivity and youll find that almost all pro fps players use a low sensitivity. it keeps your aim steadier, makes tracking and airstrafing smoother. you will need a large mousepad though

I go by the rule that moving from the center of the pad to either edge is a full rotation, however I use a fuckhuge mousepad.

>it's another "whole enemy team uses Devotion/Volt, Pilot Sentries and Tone" episode

can you pay me chemo

>but getting stomped by titans the moment the game starts is going to get old real quick.

The thing is Titans are also way, way more fragile in 2 than in 1. They can't soak up nearly as much damage, and the ones that can will get just eaten by pilots because they have nowhere to hide. A single Ronin running around will get some damage in and fuck some shit up, absolutely, but there are no batteries around to heal his health or give him shields.

I'd be more afraid of a Stryder running around on Angel City than any of the TF2 Titans - because they can bail the second their shield gets plinked by anything.

Your argument about how people aren't good at using AT weapons in an even half competent way doesn't matter, because once you extend that to anything else it's all over. Should we start balancing the entire game around people who can't chain two wall runs together or can't ADS competently?

I'm not saying have a fuck ton of refurbs about - I'm not saying TF2 needs to drop 20 refurbs in. All I'm saying is having that be the explanation for having the entire system removed is stupid as fuck. Make that card super rare? I didn't see many of them and never once felt like the game was cheap for it being there. Same with any burn card, really, because they were globally announced and I knew to look out for them

The biggest issue with the cards wasn't the Refurb, it's that a lot of them sucked and you are virtually giving away the shittier ones. You are putting stuff like a slightly longer lasting stim burn card ability mixed in with infinite C4 or the Amped EVA-8. What am I going to take into a match, an Amped Kraber or perma-Stim, Perma Cloak or forever maphax?

>Arc nades will never be nerfed
Whoever though that impact nades with massive AoE that turn pilots into grunts and titans into nothing with two charges and giant throwing distance is fine should neck themselves.

Like if you ever use the rematch burn card you are a shitter, and nobody ever uses the double XP card.

3200 DPI

>The thing is Titans are also way, way more fragile in 2 than in 1. They can't soak up nearly as much damage, and the ones that can will get just eaten by pilots because they have nowhere to hide. A single Ronin running around will get some damage in and fuck some shit up, absolutely, but there are no batteries around to heal his health or give him shields.
you are forgetting that this ronin is not the only person on his team. the rest of his team is going to be out there aiding him and killing enemy pilots. its not like the enemy team will have free reign to destroy it. it gives one team an obvious advantage by having a titan from the get-go.
>I'm not saying have a fuck ton of refurbs about - I'm not saying TF2 needs to drop 20 refurbs in. All I'm saying is having that be the explanation for having the entire system removed is stupid as fuck.
i have no idea why the system was removed and id like it back in, just with no free titan cards or any of the other clearly OP cards.

i cant understand your pov with free titans. already competitive play is limiting titans and titan types per team in tf2 because of how easy some of them can slay pilot. titan cores are no longer a damage/speed/hp boost, but for the most part they are a near 1 shot titan button. you should have to earn your titan, or at the very least wait for the meter while killing AI. theres just too many ways titan cards are too strong, and would be worse in 2

>750 DPI
>4th tick from the left on Windows sens
>1.4 in-game

It's a low/medium sens, about 25cm per 180. My mousepad is 40cm x 46cm, so I can aim with my shoulder/arm, which I think is more comfortable than wristbreaking high-sens aim.

I often stun myself more than enemies

what the fuck it deleted my anyways, I guess it's pretty much the same as yours

>4th tick from the left on Windows sens
just what difference does this really make? ive read all kinds of explanations, most say to leave it in the middle at 6 ticks.

youtube.com/watch?v=8IijQdQoxEM

Titanfall 2 anime when?
>implying that you wouldn't watch it

no clue, but it feels decent in and out of all my games, so that's where i have it

i think the most important thing is to have the "Enhance Pointer Precision" checkbox off, because that's just a stupid disguise name for "Shit Tier Mouse Acceleration". like polling rate on thing is god-awful

The OP cards are fine because they are rare. If there are too many of them, make them even rarer. You are making it seem like a single Titan is a game breaking issue that can not be overcome. In TF2 Pilot damage against Titans are increased, and a good chunk of some weapons are far less versatile against Pilots. In a casual match having a single refurb drop out of the sky isn't going to guarantee a victory, especially if someone whips out an amped AT weapon as an answer.

Competitive play would obviously not have Burn Cards.

People like the cards. Some guy who runs a million dollar a year gaming business likes it. I like it. You are free to disagree but the amount of refurbs I saw was never a big deal to begin with. I just think the cards should all have some form of not bullshit utility - double XP or "grunts ignore you" isn't a good card when you have guys running around foreverstimmed.

If a Refurb gets dropped in it's as simple as two people popping amped charge rifle / archers and bam - problem solved.

>Dice roll Titan sentry
>There are no titans around

I just camped out a whole match with Northstar + Threat scope in that canyon map

gee that felt like pure cheese
24 pilot kills and 34 minion kills
enemy team just couldn't touch me
My team's titans were defending my vanatge point and I just shit at everything highlighted red.

I'm wondering why it didn't lvl my northstar that much.

Do pilot kills even count?

Didn't titanfall 1 came around the same time attack on titan became a meme?

only titan dooms and kills count i think

>[RDDT] doing well at all
>Volt/Devotion/EVA + Tone

it's like fucking clockwork

I'd like to change it. Considering it's probably pretty high and I've been playing on 3.9 sens. How do I even change DPI on Windows 10?

t. Ronin shitty smelly weeb

The way Windows Mouse Settings handles mouse polling is a really awful way of doing it.

At Sensitivity 6, it receives and uses every input from your mouse. 1:1 ratio

At lower sensitivities, it begins to ignore polls from your mouse, literally skipping parts of your mouse movement to "slow" it. It results in a jittery movement.
At sen5, it ignores every fourth input.
At sen4, it ignores every other input.
Going lower than that, it ignores the majority of your inputs.

On the flip side, going higher than 6 is even worse.
At 7 or higher, windows will frequently force the mouse harder in the direction you are moving it to make it go "faster", it will deliberately make you overshoot at constant intervals.

Either way, moving away from Sensitivity 6 introduces an inconsistent rate of movement from your own hand movements.
Stick with adjusting mouse DPi and in-game sensitivity. Use Raw Mouse Input whenever possible.
Also turn off "Enhance Pointer Precision", it causes mouse acceleration that is far from smooth since it is just using that 1 to 11 sensitivity on the fly.

Eurobean power hour and thread is dying

thanks fellow eurolads

>regen'ing all the titans
>done with all of them except weebstick master
>mfw i'm a pilot lawnmower
>mfw my minion farm is skyrocketing

this feels ALMOST too easy. kinda sucks how i can only get 1 or 2 titan kills at most when the big robos start falling though.

>You are making it seem like a single Titan is a game breaking issue that can not be overcome.
yes thats my point, i said it a few times. titans are totally different this time around and a single one at the start of the match can possibly guarantee a victory. we're just repeating ourselves at this point so lets just agree to disagree

mobile.twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/816711756143857664

Update soon™

interesting, never knew that. do some people purposefully use sensitivity lower than 6? ignoring every x inputs sounds like it would be kinda rng-ish ingame.
though i suppose moving a mouse means a lot of inputs? meaning you would not notice the difference?
or am i way off?

/tfg/ in-houses when

>mobile.twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/816711756143857664

K I L L M E

how much damage does Tone's full core do now? can it still full doom an Ogre chassis? i'm pretty sure it can instakill a Stryder, since I've spent most of my time in those, but i'm not so sure about Atlas and Ogre

Saturday the 21st, if you have it install titanfall 1 too but either way there will be private matches held for 2
Most likely multiple sessions for both burgers and euros

>Scorch's "Fuel for the fire" increases wall burn time
>doesn't increase trap burn time

If it was swapped around I would consider using it over the improved flame shield. Love me some traps.

not that user, but some gaming mice have software attached to them that lets you control your mouse's report rate. mine is currently set at 1000 per second, which is max for me

so
i noticed something that tells me the level of mental illness some of you guys have
Are there any scorch players who actually know how not to die with their own thermite?
I was IN FRONT of an enemy scorch a few times during my last match, and even though i was a northstar, so he could have killed me in no time if he wanted to, well, he died in seconds just because he hit a wall near him and not me

I'm able to dance around my own thermite all the time, I only step into the flames when I'm severely outnumbered (3 to 1) and am gonna die anyways.

titan ideas? titan ideas

>"Savage"
>Ogre chassis
>LMB/Primary Fire is a FAWKANN PAWWWNCH, can be charged for dmgs, has knockback.
>the charging bar goes up and down like those "get the max power" minigames
>RMB/Secondary Fire is an ADS, lets you shoot a grapple fist.
>can be charged for range, you can spiderman with it (not much) or pull Titans a short distance
>that's right, an Ogre with (some) verticality
>MMB/Defensive is a boxer's guard stance. Mitigates damage that hits your forearms (so people can still snipe your crit spot if they aim) and negates melee knockback from enemies.
>F/Melee is just the regular pleb punch that every Titan throws
>Q/Ordnance is an adhesive pool trap. Pilots get full stuck in it, Titans get a slow.
>Grapple fisting a Titan in the pool will pull you to them instead of them to you.
>G/Utility is a stubby front kick that doesn't do much damage but has big mutual knockback range, for disengaging.
>V/Core is increased Primary Fire charge speed and empowered pleb melees, and neither of them have knockback.
>Execution is that judo flip into Machinegun Forehead Punching that you see Donnie Yen do in Ip Man, but you're pummeling the cockpit instead of a forehead

kits now

>"Measured Force" kit has a more lenient window for max Primary Fire power, and also reduces knockback on successful max power hits
>"Roundhouse" kit turns the mutual knockback on the Utility kick into all enemy displacement, so they go flying further
>"Megaglue" turns your adhesive pool slow on Titans into them just being stuck. They can still turn.
>"Rocket Punch" kit lets your Secondary Fire fly farther and pull farther.
>"Black Eye" kit gives your core even faster Primary Fire charge speed, but it has knockback again.

Awesome
Count me in.

The kit to trap enemies would just make this a better Ronin at killing.

Unless his DPS was shit.

The only setting lower than 6 that could be considered viable is 4 since that just cuts the number of reported mouse movements in half, making it relatively consistent. However, you can get the same effect without any of the jank and far greater smoothness by halving your in-game sensitivity.

Ideally, the method of getting the smoothest possible mouse movement is Windows sensitivity 6, raising your DPI and lowering the game sensitivity.
In my case, I use 800 DPI and 3.0 game sensitivity, only because 800 is ideal for both aiming the camera and moving the mouse cursor. I could double my DPI to 1600 and reduce sensitivity to 1.5, and that would give me smoother aiming with the same distance traveled, although my cursor would be moving twice as fast.

>though i suppose moving a mouse means a lot of inputs?
The average generic five dollar optical mouse reports detected movements 125 times per second or slower (they're also usually fixed to 800DPI).
Most performance/game mice report at 250hz by default, and some can be clocked higher to 500hz or 1000hz.

While 125 may sound high, a casual user only checking their email won't notice it, but veteran gamers will eventually come to notice (or at least claim to notice) tiny inconsistencies in their movement when making extremely fast flicks of the arm (and they will definitely come to notice dropped inputs with a Windows sensitivity other than 6). And since 144 FPS is the growing trend now, 125 mouse reports means you're going to have more frames than mouse actions.

In addition, Windows still has to process each poll from the mouse. A lower Windows Sensitivity basically means that you're cutting the polling rate of your mouse in a fucked up way. Even if you had a very high rate like 1000 where each report is only 0.001 seconds apart, Windows will still take all 1000 of them, process and then discard half of them.

he'd be devastated by any legion with the double R1 ability, i don't think it would be coherent with the rest of the titans

Ronin is also devastated by legion. He would also be fucking garbage at killing pilots not in melee distance.

I don't know, but the idea sounds like a better ronin for killing titans but a much worse ronin for killing pilots.

probably have the "get stuck" kit have reduced duration. that, and his dps is all skill- and rhythm-based

but the RMB grabby grabby my dude

I don't think a rhythm game is the right fit for something like Titanfall. Especially in something like attrition you already have enough to worry about that no other titan or pilot does.

well, ronin is fucking Ace if you're skilled with him, both at killing pilots and titans
i don't know m8s, gluey mech seems too stupid to fit any role, because if it's a slow ass ronin, it's just a piece of metal

this desu senpai

>2 weeks

J U S T

>leave titan on advanced autopilot while I chase around for kills
>it walks around for a few minutes, gets about three kills and maybe even rekts a noob titan
>enter titan immediately after it landed
>I am forced to eject within 15 seconds

What. Do empty titans get some insane armor boosts or what?

Explain something to me. Pilots are elite soldiers specially trained to control titans. Instead of this being their only job they are also sticked with as much state of the art weaponry as possible and dropped as shock troopers. So when they die, both investments are lost, one of which likely unused. I call bullshit on that reasoning.

Auto-Titans get some fancy dodges and whatnot, but they're limited to their primary weapon; they don't get any health bonuses or whatever. If you have the Assault Chip equipped, your Auto-Titan gets access to the rest of their abilities to use (except their Core, I believe).

Scorch is the smartest Auto-Titan.

Some Enhanced auto-titans are really good at using their tools. Most of all, titans can lead their shots like it wasn't anything, even Scorch can snipe a pilot flying through the air with his Launcher.
Also, they all juke enemy projectiles like pros with unique spin and duck animations.

If they aren't directly contested by player titans up in their face, they can do quite well.

To be fully certified as a Pilot is to be an ace among aces on the ground, and that's before you step into your Titan's cockpit. Taken from the /tfg/ website:
>PILOTS are rated by 'certifications', most of which apply to civilian applications, such as construction, shipping and heavy salvage industries. The most prestigious of these is the Full Combat Certification - a widely published series of tests that grade a Titan Pilot's abilities. Because of the extreme physical and mental challenges of mastering both Titan combat & dismounted parkour movement, a fully combat certified Titan Pilot is a rare find, and the combat skills of active Pilots in the field varies widely throughout the Frontier.
Some are formally trained by the IMC or Militia's dedicated programs, while the vast majority is trained by independent mercenary or pirate groups. A large black market surrounding the technology used by Pilots is rumored to have developed across the Frontier, covering areas such as weapons modifications, physical alterations and strengthening, stolen training simulation pods and Titan-Pilot combat interface abilities

I was dominant in an Amped Hardpoint match on Crash Site once, and half of that was leaving my Scorch in guard mode next to one of the hardpoints for half the match while I secured another point. No one ever got close to that point.

I play scorch, that explain a lot. I was thinking about switching to Legion because I like his theme of sheer vanilla power. How is he doing on assault chip?

The quote only further illustrates what I am getting at. If good pilots are so rare, why risk them dying while carrying expensive equipment? Even if they weren't, such high tech would be better used on troops specialised in ground combat only.

Agreed. Especially the maps where 2 of the 3 hardpoints are only reachable by pilots it's better to leave the enemy tesm in their titan while you capture/hold the points
They're shit if they're getting rodeod though

Because the only thing that can reasonably kill a Pilot is another Pilot. Grunts can only go so far in ground combat. Remember the first mission after the tutorial, when you hit the ground as a Rifleman? It's completely different when you get the Pilot abilities.

Grunts can only go so far because they are not strapped with a ton of gear, topped of with extensive training. Which could be better used by somebody whos death wouldnt mean losing a pilot.

What is best Ronin loadout?

>Trusting a grunt to wallrun

Playing with the 2016 semi auto pistol was the best idea ever.

Mag dumping niggas makes me feel like an American cop

>Console version of Tf2 has a FoV slider

Literally GOTY

Just to clarify, what high tech are you talking about? The grapple hook? The A-Wall, because we see IMC troops using a variant of that in campaign. Cloak? That one is two parts, at least in the lore, one part being in the suit, the other surgically implanted into the pilot, which could explain why cooper only has a few seconds of cloak.

The jumpkit? That's repurposed from salvage work, where workers were in space, so those would seem to be cheap enough.

If you're talking about the abundance of spare titans and pilots in multiplayer, that's just multiplayer. In the campaign, the IMC's pilots are only ever seen in titans, which suggests that that IS their only job. Milita does it differently, especially with the introduction of the Vangaurd class titans.

From the lore page
>Whilst the IMC considers its Titans and Pilots to be interchangeable and disposable, the Militia views each of its new Vanguard Pilot-Titan units as a long-term investment. As a result, an experienced Vanguard Titan-Pilot team is far more flexible and deadlier than any single IMC Titan and Pilot on the Frontier.

Which part of training you dont get?

And by IMC pilots, I don't mean the Apex Predators. Who are also never seen outside their titans, except outside of combat or to taunt you. By IMC pilots I mean the random titans you fight during campaign, who have generic lines and only display the titan's chassis name ie Tone, Scorch, Ronin, etc.