/pg/ - Persona General

Previous thread:NEWS
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>P Studio's comments on 2016: personacentral.com/p-studio-2016-retrospective-interview/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Re Project Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/dPbxwghQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Makoto x Phantom
>Anne x Ryuji
>Futaba x Yusuke
>Haru x Goro

Daily reminder that this is the optimal pairing in P5

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

best boy

Makoto is too busy participating in yakuza gangbangs. Joker is for Futaba.

>Neko x Nobody
> :-(

a cat is not fine too

SOMEONE PLEASE LINK ME A GOOD P5 DOUJIN

Why Yusuke thou?

>Alolan Naoto got to have the penis she always wanted and becomes the protag
>notYu was created to suffer and the only reason Kodaka didn't kill him off was so he could suffer even longer
good job
>not pairing "muh glorious Nippon" with the flithy gaijin

Why not just join this thread? Not much point in splitting the community.

every great artist needs a somewhat lewd muse, she's the alice prin to his man ray

I don't give a shit about SMT.

>Doesn't even want to be nude model.
>Everyone calls her a slut.
Anne is pure and you and Atlus are bad for sexualizing her just because she has some miraculous gaijin genes.

/pg/ dead, the /drg/ v3pocalypse is pretty fun

the protagonist is always the biggest slut in these games anyway

But SMT IS persona... Never mind maybe it's for the best that you stay over here.

youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA
You are Tyrone in this video btw.

I want to read manga with an autistic fox!

i want to post in a dead general with an autistic fox

Is Persona Q worth playing?

Also does Margaret make any reference to knowing the fate of the P3 protag and Elizabeth given the time frame it's set in?

It's fun.

Oh she does. It's referenced multiple times and she even considers telling them about everything.

Why ?

Cause of a skill you got from Ryuuji's coop, where it instantly kills the shadow, maybe?

I avoided all spoilers on this game and just finished it last night. It was fucking great. I came here in the hopes of talking about what was good, and what I would have liked to see included, and maybe the DLC that's supposed to come out, but looking through a couple threads it seems like all of 3 people actually played it and the rest just read spoilers online and shitpost about the characters and story and gameplay mechanics they don't understand. Why the fuck would you do that? Do you actually enjoy games or just shitposting about them and ERPing online?

Well /pg/ you sure look dead today!

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

Are you serious or baiting? If you wanna talk just write some stuff and people will respond.

Dead serious. Why would anyone ruin a great game with great plot twists and characters for the sake of exposing themselves to shit like this

>you got from Ryuuji's coop

Are you calling me a fag ?

You obviously don't come here often do you?

I'll bite, what do you want to talk about?

>Are you calling me a fag ?
But we are talking about Ryuji not Yusuke

We don't give a shit, go back to your cucked franchise general, gramps.

>You obviously don't come here often do you?
No, if I did I'd be posting which characters I want to ship, ERPing and screming GORO while commenting on the characters despite not having played the game.

>I'll bite, what do you want to talk about?
How about the lack of a post-game dungeon with level 90ish enemies and how the linearity of the game isn't a problem at all on the first time around, but when you want to fuck around and get the last few personas in NG+, it's annoying not to have access to any high level dungeons near the start like P3 let you do. Or maybe we could talk about how it kinds of sucks that there wasn't a P3 tie in, or how it was clever that they made us think Igor's voice changing was just due to his VA dying and not him being a fake, or we could talk about how there were literally no bad characters this time around, the mascot character was great, and the bantz were top notch. Or we could talk about how hard Futaba's lines are going to get raped in the English "localization".

Or you could cry like a faggot more and go back to posting garbage.

Or rather, the one that allows you to get a persona mask without having to battle them. However, in this case the text reads "you already have this mask..."

The spoilers for Dangan Ronpa V3 finally leaked

>Or maybe we could talk about how it kinds of sucks that there wasn't a P3 tie in
(You)

>Or maybe we could talk about how it kinds of sucks that there wasn't a P3 tie in
Elaborate

It's shit. Fanfiction tier writting and the dungeons take a bigger nose dive than a kamikaze in the 3rd dungeon.

She does try to tell Elizabeth, but decides it's better if she doesn't.
The best part is how happy S.E.E.S. get when they realized the IT is from the future and that means they managed to save the world. They even agree to go on a trip to not Disney Land all together.
Not to mention Ken realizes revenge isn't worth it and actually befriends Shinji, the absolute madmen!

P4A let us know that they're on the quest to save door jesus. When I got to the bottom of mementos and they started talking about "the most dangerous prisoner behind the door that never opens" I really, really started to get excited and think that it was him and we were going to bust him out. They're teasing that plot line, but I want it to get addressed.

Jesus fucking christ you are the embodiment of what I hate about Persona fans. P4A is fanserivce bullshit that Hashino had no hand in. People whine about MC so they gave them that little false hope there. P5 is its own thing and it's miles fucking better as a result. You're embarrassing.

HE'S DEAD, HE'S NEVER COMING BACK THATS THE FUCKING POINT OF P3

I haven't played a single game unspoiled since I discovered the internet.
The last one I remember doing so was Pokémon Diamond back in 2006.
I just don't give a shit. It's funny watching people trying to avoid spoilers and still try to communicate their hopes and expectations that are so fucking far away from the actual thing. It's like they are wearing a chastitybelt or something.

>Getting the last few personas on NG+
Strength coop lets you use all the functions of the VR plus buy high level persona with money instead of having to level up, so there isn't really a need for a high level dungeon at the start for fusing persona purposes.

>No tie in with P3
Well we haven't had a spin off yet so there's that. But references were made in the game to P3 characters, I believe Yukari was mentioned.

>Igor'a VA
That was a clever twist imo, there are people who think otherwise. There were several clever twists in the game as well such as the PT rising Goro all along.

>Futaba's lines
I played it in Japanese so I don't care about localization.

>Cry like a faggot more
That was uncalled for.

I just unlocked Teddie, Is there any Tier list for party members? I'm currently rolling with MC, Yukiko, Yosuke, and Chie but not sure about who else to pick

That's the only unquestionable truth.

Replace Chie with Kanji and that's it.
If you are playing Golden, then you might try Naoto over Yosuke.

Yukiko>>>Kanji>Chie>Yosuke>Teddie
Yosuke is meh at everything but people still always include him in their teams for whatever reasons.
In Vanilla Naoto is utter shit but she was fixed in G

>Fuck you user the game is bullshit because I say it is and I'm going to ignore everything else you said because I haven't actually played P5 so I have literally nothing of worth to contribute!
>Now watch me sit on my high horse as I preach about a game I never played
You're everything wrong with video game fans in general.

>HE'S DEAD, HE'S NEVER COMING BACK
Nah, they'll find him.

>It's funny watching people trying to avoid spoilers and still try to communicate their hopes and expectations that are so fucking far away from the actual thing
I avoided all spoilers, and enjoyed almost everything about the game. It's funny to watch you try to justify your ruining of the game for yourself.

>Strength coop
Which coop?

>But references were made in the game to P3 characters, I believe Yukari was mentioned.
When was that? I may have missed it.

>That was a clever twist imo, there are people who think otherwise. There were several clever twists in the game as well such as the PT rising Goro all along.
It got me really good. I almost jumped off my bed. I was waiting for him hearing Mor to come back as a plot point, but I honestly didn't think that Futaba grabbing the phone was anything important when it happened. Their keikaku was tight as fuck.

>I played it in Japanese so I don't care about localization.
I'm never touching the English version, but it'll be funny to laugh at it.

>That was uncalled for.
There are a lot of people here crying like faggots.

d-delet this ;_;

>I believe Yukari was mentioned.
Yes. And by name. I don't know what kind of tie-in did that user want, unless he is one of those idiots who want MC back.

Shut up Yukari go back to your sentai series

>Nah, they'll find him.
Stay delusional faggot, P3's theme is about Death and moving on from it. What's the fucking point of the fucking theme if they revive the P3 MC?

I have beat P5 pal, there's literally no reason on earth to believe P3 would have any ties to it.
You claim you want to actually discuss P5 but right now all you're doing is acting superior to everyone else and whining that after 4 months people aren't still talking about the game as if they just beat it.

Shut up. People like you and don't have the right to talk about my waifu if you can't even respect his choice.

>P4A let us know that they're on the quest to save door jesus
They aren't. They all moved on except for Liz who's only trying to find a way to save him because they wanted to make her playable.
>When I got to the bottom of mementos
MC is attached to a giant flying door in space.
Go fuck yourself. People who want to bring MC back are cancer.

Yes, shes still doing featherman. The other dude is starting to sound like a shitposter though with those unwarranted aggressive comments. I'd ignore and come back later.

>It's funny to watch you try to justify your ruining of the game
I'm not justifying anything, I said I just plain don't give a fuck. My enjoyment won't change in any way or otherwise I wouldn't be here when I knew MC died and Adachi was the killer for years before even trying the games.

You are the one trying to justify all those months of restraining yourself to be """surprised""" by Goro's betrayal or the final boss being a giant perfume bottle.

Ok will try Kanji
I'm playing Golden, how is Naoto better in it than vanilla?

>You are the one trying to justify all those months of restraining yourself to be """surprised""" by Goro's betrayal or the final boss being a giant perfume bottle.
(You)

ahahah my man

>Nah this is what it is
>Ignore all the supplementary stuff and spinoff game, nothing will ever come of it
Ok. I liked the ending, I just don't see the point in teasing if they don't deliver on it.

>Hahahahahaha
>I beat the game, but you mentioned P3 in your post so I'm going to shitpost like a retard
>Now excuse me while I go back to posting about Goro
Have fun.

>No it was only a plot point for gameplay purposes
>Don't think it'll ever become anything
You seem upset.

>months of restraining yourself
Why do you talk like shitposting about the game is somehow a bigger part of the experience than actually playing the game and watching it unfold the way it was intended to be enjoyed?

she gets all single -dynes, power and mind charges and when you get her 3rd tier she gets a skill that lets her block any attack once
Dunno why people call that broken but some consider her to be. She isn't all that good but she's better than Yosuke.

They gave her more SP and elemental skills.
In Vanilla all she did was use Megidola twice and have to resort to shit physical damage for the rest of the battle let alone dungeon.

>complain about shitposting
>proceed to shitpost more than anyone else in the whole thread
who knew the persona series had autistic fans

>Don't think it'll ever become anything
Margaret says it would take Liz eons to find a way to save him
And fuck yes I'm upset. People like you disgust me.

>>Ignore all the supplementary stuff and spinoff game,
Yes? For starters P5 is supposed to be a complete experience. I don't think people who haven't play P3 would be too happy to have part of the story being about bringing P3's protagonist back. Especially because it would be a hugeass and uncalled for spoiler.

>they started talking about "the most dangerous prisoner behind the door that never opens"
Post screenshots if you have played the game, I fucking dare you

Do characters need to participate in battles to win exp in P5 ?

Don't feed the shitposter.

>the most dangerous prisoner behind the door that never opens

>yfw it's Goro

yes but there's a skill you get from yuki's (i think) coop that shares xp across the whole team

>experience
>intended to be enjoyed

It's a fucking video game with predictable story.
You either enjoy the journey or not regardless of being spoiled or not.
No one will care about the grander scheme of things, it's all about getting attached to the characters and that only happens while actually playing the game no matter how many spoilers you've read.

No. From the beginning everyone gets EXP regardless of whether they're in the party. Yuki's co-op increases the amount of EXP party members who aren't in your active party earn (as well as those in the party).

Yuki's coop is exp. share.

Gorofags and people who want MC back are at the same level.

Hey, I'm trying to talk about the game. I brought up half a dozen things to talk about. It's not my fault that people who haven't played the game are angry and want to shitpost that I mentioned P3.

>People like you who listed to what was said in the games disgust me
People who read spoilers instead of playing games disgust me. Looks like we're even.

>Yes? For starters P5 is supposed to be a complete experience.
But that's pretending that it's not a series with any sort of continuity between games.
>Spoiling an older game in a series with directly numbered sequels
Oh come on.

>I fucking dare you
Easy there tough guy, you're not as cool as you think you sound.

>Anyone who isn't part of the retarded circlejerk is shitposting
Kill yourself.

Actually letting him die like he did and not bringing him back was unexpected. I'm really happy they decided to stick to that.

>The story I read spoilers on was predictable
Ok.

Yuki's co-op's first ability makes it so that reserve party members get some EXP. This co-op automatically initiates in the story, and happens when you only have 4 party members anyway.
Maxing his co-op makes it so that reserve party members gain the same amount of EXP as active ones.

Just quit it. If you actually wanted to discuss the game you would do exactly that instead of shitposting angrily and arguing over irrelevant bullshit. It's clear you're not here to talk about P5 but rather to pretend you're superior to "people who haven't played" it, despite half the people you're replying to having clearly played it.
Importing a game isn't as hard as you seem to believe.
Now if you'd please stop shitting up the place, that'd be great. If you want to discuss the gameplay or story, be my guest - I'd love to. But you're not getting anywhere by insulting people.

Yeah my dude, Goro being the traitor or Igor not being the real one was such a surprise!
The only surprising thing in the whole story was the twins fusing or the identity of the large god boss that wants to fuck the world that has been a staple since P3.
You give this series' stories too much credit.

Actually letting him die like he did and not bringing him back was unexpected. I'm really happy they decided to stick to that.

Hey hey... guess what ? He's not mentioned dead by the game itself, just disappeared. Pic related is the story summary.

You on the other hand, just post an ambiguous save game screenshot.

Now how about post the fucking screenshot of in-game conversation when they talking about P3 MC.

Pro tip: You can't

Okay user come on. That guy is a fucking huge faggot but Goro isn't meant to be a surprise. He is the opposition of the PT for literally the whole game and he blackmails you into working with him. He "betrayed" you the instant you meet him.
The twist there lies in the PT being aware of his betrayal and planning for it, and that's both well executed and unpredictable.
Igor being a fake is a pretty fucking big surprise though. Come on.

>If you actually wanted to discuss the game you would do exactly that instead of shitposting angrily and arguing over irrelevant bullshit.
I literally brought up half a dozen things to talk about, and the only thing people can do is get mad that I brought up P3. Eat shit.

>pretend you're superior to "people who haven't played" it, despite half the people you're replying to having clearly played it.
Like the one guy who was actually talk about the game? He definitely played. The rest, probably not.

>Now if you'd please stop shitting up the place, that'd be great. If you want to discuss the gameplay or story, be my guest - I'd love to. But you're not getting anywhere by insulting people.
Feel free to respond to anything I brought up, or start talking about the game yourself instead of getting angry that I mentioned P3 in a Persona general you fucking idiot.

>Igor not being the real one was such a surprise!
It was. Please explain what happened in the game to make it obvious otherwise.

>The only surprising thing in the whole story was the twins fusing
Or the fact that the characters actually figured out it was Goro the whole time and planned against him, and that the reason Mc didn't know was because the drugs were fucking up his memories. Or that the real bad was the general population being too lazy.

>You on the other hand, just post an ambiguous save game screenshot.
What the fuck are you talking about, you asked me for a screenshot showing that I've cleared the game, you idiot.

>Now how about post the fucking screenshot of in-game conversation when they talking about P3 MC.
All of the extra content of P3 in The Answer and all of P4A. It's a game series that all occurs in the same universe.

people were guessing igor was gonna be evil or a fake as soon as they showed that his new voice was sinister & gravely

>What the fuck are you talking about, you asked me for a screenshot showing that I've cleared the game, you idiot.
Oh you may be illiterate.
He asked for a screenshot of the line claiming that at the bottom of Mementos lies "the most dangerous prisoner behind the door that never opens".
After two playthroughs I have no recollection of such a line, so if you could provide a screenshot of that, it'd be great.
Nobody cares if you can take a photo of your fucking save file you autist.

people called every single fucking plot twist in P5 months before it came out

>After two playthroughs I have no recollection of such a line, so if you could provide a screenshot of that, it'd be great.
Then maybe you should try learning Japanese before you play the game, and then try going through the last dungeon and paying attention to the third circular room where "The door that never opens" is.

>What the fuck are you talking about, you asked me for a screenshot showing that I've cleared the game, you idiot.
>All of the extra content of P3 in The Answer and all of P4A. It's a game series that all occurs in the same universe.

Are you illiterate or blind? All I want I fucking want is a fucking screenshot of Mementos conversation on P5 that you've just said here faggot :

Sorry, it's my fault for actually assuming that you'd played the game and understand what they were saying.

I do speak Japanese, fluently. You're likely mistranslating something to be perfectly frank.
I've got a save there, so I'll take a look but you could just post a screenshot if you're so confident you're right.

Atlus went out of their way to say that there was a in-game reason as to why Igor had a different voice.
If that isn't basically telling you it isn't actually the Igor we all know, then you have to be pretty naive.

I do know Goro isn't meant to be a real surprise, but the fact that they knew he was gonna betray them since he blackmails them is not surprising either, like, no shit.
I would be surprising if he DIDN'T betray them or if he DID kill Joker.
From the minute the leaks started happening, the only moment that made me go OH SHIT was when we thought the game ended with Goro killing Joker.

They played way too soft with P5 and left many shit ambiguous and I'm pretty sure it was with spin-offs in mind thanks to P4's popularity.

>Atlus went out of their way to say that there was a in-game reason as to why Igor had a different voice.
No they didn't.

>I do speak Japanese, fluently. You're likely mistranslating something to be perfectly frank.
Whatever you need to tell yourself.

>but you could just post a screenshot if you're so confident you're right.
Because I screenshotted every line in the game, or because I have a save at every dungeon's entrance?

Oh I'm sorry... did I ever recalled that kind of conversation in the game? Cause I don't.
If it is, people already talked about it to death months ago, especially on 2ch or Twitter.
Maybe you're the one that have brain damage.

And yet you won't post the in-game screenshot that I've asked to prove your autistic claim.

>Not mentioned by the game to be dead

This reminds me. You know when the ship exploded and Ryuji got caught up in the explosion and PT thought he died? He ended up just lying in the patch of grass outside the town hall. So it shows that real people do get ejected from the palace once it collapses, which makes Goro's disappearance even more suspicious.

It was probably just covered by Shido

Yes they did, you fucking retard.

Actually, I do remember seeing such a line. But it was referring to the real Igor, imprisoned by Yaldy. So it wasn't anything to do with the P3MC.

>Atlus went out of their way to say that there was a in-game reason as to why Igor had a different voice.
They didn't though, they changed his voice because his old VA. I do recall an interview in a Famitsu mentioning Igor being more standoffish to the MC, and his new voice being intended to reflect that.

>I do know Goro isn't meant to be a real surprise, but the fact that they knew he was gonna betray them since he blackmails them is not surprising either, like, no shit.
"Blackmails" is a bit strong, and they way he does go about forming their agreement feels inkeeping with his character for the the whole game - there aren't any red flags about his betrayal there. The clue is in the dialogue at the TV station, which is miles more difficult to miss.
And you're totally misreading what I'm saying. The game subverts your expectations here. Goro betraying the team isn't the shock - the shock is the PT having planned ahead for it.

>From the minute the leaks started happening, the only moment that made me go OH SHIT was when we thought the game ended with Goro killing Joker.
Well okay buddy, whatever you like.
I mean the very fact that you experienced the story through the leaks rather than playing it for yourself mean you have no right to really talk about any of this.

>Actually, I do remember seeing such a line.
That's because it's there, and the guy pretending he's the only one who knows Japanese is an idiot. I said "I saw the line and got excited because bringing back doorman got brought up in sequel/spinoff stuff" and then a handful of people got very angry that I even thought about P3.