/shmupg/ - Shmup/STG general

giant hurtboxes edition

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=ikaruga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Second for sexiest men in shmoops.

You forgot to list Caladrius Blaze again, you faggot

third for
fuck off bananafaggot

why i'm sucks at donpachi games

>You forgot to list Caladrius Blaze again, you faggot
didn't know
is Caladrius Blaze any good? i hope it isn't going to be expensive on steam

>tfw no talent

>tfw all the talent

You should try to dodge the bullets, I guess...

iktf

donpachi is the easiest arcade shmup i've played so far, i hope the same is true for sequels.

>donpachi is the easiest arcade shmup i've played so far,
you better have a 2-all with claims like that.

I gonna force yourself to clear this shit.

Gameplay mechanic-wise it's good. But it also offers heavy fanservices so it's not recommended if you're not into animu waifu shits.

it's not like he or 99% of people who play dadpachi franchise will seriously go for 2-all.
b-but i already cleared it senpai

Samesamesame really is good and has way better pacing and personality than raiden which came years later.

>it's not like he or 99% of people who play dadpachi franchise will seriously go for 2-all.
Then they need to stfu until they can validate their opinion with achievement.

but it's a pretty easy 1-all you gotta admit, only batsugun sp 1-all is easier, but that shit has 4 loops, so it's not even beating half of the game.

oh no doubt but making a blanket statement about something in it's entirety when you've only achieved 50% is a non sequitur, the 800m sprint is also easy if you only run 200 of it then fuck off for cake.

2all for autists

>skill+hardwork= lol autism

That attitude is precisely why the westis failing in every regard compared to the east.

Now gradius first loop is 10% of game

>spending time for 30-years old game
>not autistic
kind of memerunning

>playing video games
>not autistic

>browsing taiwanese anime forums
>not autistic
ugh

i don't play games like autistic for result only

dead thread

>shmupg can't even speak basic English correctly now
Are we being overrun by Russian hackers?

Ukrainian

>we
seems only you raped by other countries

let mi speak from mai hart, shooting gei neva dies!

>implying Ukrainian is a real ethnicity

Someone was posting about having trouble with Mushi stage 4 in the last thread and I'm too lazy to go back and get the actual posts to reply to.

>boss
Don't even try to fight it legitimately, just bomb the hell out of it. When the fight starts, bomb it. Point blank it during invincibility, then bomb again immediately. If you run out of bombs then survive as long as you may be able to, but as soon as you die start bombing again. Fuck that boss. Any amount of bombs is worth spending against him, as long as your deaths are able to be kept to a minimum.

>dragonflies
The dragonflies really aren't so bad once you get used to it. Destroy the wings quickly and slip onto their back where the wings were, and from there you should be able to destroy the other segments of its body and its head. This helps for a lot of them. There'll be times where popcorn enemies are shooting a ton of bullets at you, if I remember right you can stream them just long enough for one of the dragonflies to die, which will cause a bullet cancel. Any time a dragonfly dies, it cancels all bullets on screen. I highly recommend looking up some replays and seeing what kind of routes people take through that part of the stage.

What really fucked me up was those beetle things in the first half of stage 4. Good luck with those.

thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=ikaruga

Have fun in Original MAX mode where the dragonfly segments fire aimed suicide bullets

Cкoлькo нac тyт хoть?

>UK

If that's the case then I can't help, I only have experience with the vanilla Maniac mode. I'm even only assuming that advice can help on Original as it is.

>15 years old
holy fucking hell

Glad I could help!

too many germans

Funny how things work sometimes.

>tfw bought a new comp (i57400 + rx470) just to play shmups

im finnish m8

lol

same

>tfw beefy computer with overpriced monitor, stick with sanwa parts, overpriced gamer seat
>can't 1cc for shit

>Have fun in Original MAX mode where the dragonfly segments fire aimed suicide bullets

The dragonflys are easy though as you point blank them with a sweep across and completely avoid there fire. I pbed in that game today actually and trust me the worst thing is by far the flying cunts in stage 3 at max rank.

>tfw not beefy computer with 10 year old monitor, stick with seimitsu joystick, ikea chair
>can 1cc games

coul be worse, you could have spent your life collecting PCBs with no relevant score share

2hu not counted

what about ketsui

ketsui is also meme game

>implying

He is worse than a jew, he is, and may Allah forgive me for saying this, a dad

WALL

What's a desusniffer anyway?

I've wanted to emulate Zero Gunner 2 and Gradius 4 for a while now, but the 3D in those games make them near-unplayable. I've seen a couple of vids in which both games are played in MAME, but I have not been successful in making either work.
Is there another emulator that I could use for these games? Are the console ports decent and their respective console emulators good?

dad thread

Dadsmiles

shooting dad

So when is Darius user going to share avant garde Zuntata tier creations?

So for some fucking reason I decided to git gud at Mega Man X6 when that time and effort would've been infinitely better spent doing anything else.

This is why Casper hits me, this sort of thing right here.

Why weren't there streams? reeeeeeeeee
Do to still think it's a shit game?

W-well to be honest, I haven't gotten started yet... in fact I haven't unpacked the keyboard I've had for 4 months yet at all... I'm a pretty hardcore procrastinator...

But I swear I'll do it in the next few weeks!

>Why weren't there streams?
I dunno, inconsistent playing schedule and stuff.

>Do you still think it's a shit game?
Yes. The only way to make it even tolerable is to use its own shittiness against it with Zero's Guard Shell exploit and Ensuizan exploit. Although using X with charged Anchor weapon trivializes both the infamous donuts and that shitty boss in Gate Stage 1, and that's a legitimate thing I didn't realize earlier.

mars matrix level meme game

You guys getting Caladrius Blaze on Steam or GoG?

I hope they share the same leaderboards, but even if they do, the the steam group will help populate the Friends-only board if I get it on Steam.

Maybe in a distant future. I still have a few shmups on Steam to play.

depends mostly on price

any /shmupg/ bros go to Magfest? I stopped by the Dariusburst EX cab a few times, had a great time. Every time I stopped by the other shmup cabs (Progear, EspRaDe, Espgaluda) they were camped at pretty hard.

Strania now xbox one backwards compatible

How long were the lines at Perfect Cherry Blossom? Probably wrapping around the building and all the way across the country forming a chain of people holding hands. Meanwhile one single dad played Battle Garegga alone with no spectators.

they had Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet

>I stopped by the Dariusburst EX cab a few times
i'm so jealous

the 3rd player flip button was busted, other than that it was great. The Warning lights on top of the cab along with the seat shake are pretty sweet

also I was the only one who knew how to Counter-Burst at all, so that was fun to show off when crowds were around

there's never enough brauts

Dooooch alda, let's schmup alda *pfüüüü*

Could be much worse.

Stop playing Caveshit.

what's a varg approved shmup

toho

>tfw years-old laptop, two shitty gamepads (one with a squeaky dpad, one with fucked up buttons) and an lcd monitor with dying crystals
>have several 1ccs, a decent score, and working towards another 1cc
damn it feels good to be gangsta

Without a doubt. I've wanted to try it for a while now.

165177224stop liking the things you like because i say so

What have you gotten closest with?
I've only 1CCd Ghost Blade, but that's only because it's really easy

You can use demul for Zero Gunner 2 and get the PS2 Gradius 3/4 combo pack since I don't think mame has fixed the emulation of 4 yet.

What is a 2-ALL?

It's like anal, but twice in a row.

two loops cleared on one credit

jesus fuck

waste of time

thankis

Bump

>I was the only one who knew how to Counter-Burst
No one knows how to counter burst! DELETE THIS!!!

I used to but I forgot how

I-I know how to do it too! Wish there was an arcade around so I could show off!

It's not that hard. You burst about on the third ding. Or the much easier cross into the stream and burst at the same time.

Or the babby mode tier of using Genesis and just bursting on any laser.

CCWI

>actually wanting to play the worst gradius game ever made

save yourself the time kiddo, it's pure shit