/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

IQ edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-2-2017

Read the thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228
youtube.com/watch?v=YwiawVTeTLI&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for Netcode sucks monkey cock

tfw esports ready

iq a shit

You have to go back

>my friends quit playing and they're trying to get me to buy the Division with it's DLC packs

>Blasting a hole in a wall with a shotgun
>Some retard tries running and crouching through 2 shots in
>Gets shotgun blasted
>Starts crying

what is wrong with people

Reminder that Frost is best girl.

T H U N K

wew

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228

tl;dr it's literally just bugfixes, zero balance changes of any kind

it's nothing

>fixed raptor legs

REEEEEEEEE

>fixed: Player’s controller will not vibrate when killed by an EDD.
finally, game is playable

Now that I think about it Brazil is basically Judge Dredd's mega-city.

>no SAT uniform fix

fucking shit patch

>Fixed – In some instances, Operators appear to have Raptor Legs in the Kill Cam
NO
NONONONONONONO
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Friends asking to play ranked when they can't even get a single kill between them in casuals
>Get mad when I tell them where they fuck up and how they can improve
>Will argue relentlessly against anything, even something obvious like "don't try and peek the Glaz you know is covering that window"

NOPE.jpg

mah nigga

>tfw

>playing with controller

you call that playable?

minor ones at that, the only real thing of note is probably the SAT challenge fix since I don't believe they fixed the shields yet
like come on:
>Fuze
>Fixed – Cluster Charges destroy gadgets without destroying breakable floors.

youtube.com/watch?v=YwiawVTeTLI&t

Tactical vehicle update when?

>not having a vibrating mouse
shig

Shot game

Great ideas and mechanics

>[unintelligible nordic gibberish]FUCK HIM UP

Why is winter clothing so vastly superior to all other types of clothing?

>fuck him up
>some npc falls out from car after crash

kek

>Fixed – Barricade pieces remain stuck in place if hit from a perpendicular angle.
>Fixed – In some cases, clipping would cause an Operator's shield to disappear. This would allow the Operator to be shot through their shield.
>Fixed – In some instances, Operators appear to have Raptor Legs in the Kill Cam.
>Fixed – Sound effects from her Shock Drone’s taser does not propagate as intended.
>Fixed – Getting kills with Hibana will not count towards and SAT Weekly Challenge.
Good patch actually.

Is that concept art for Habanero?

I hope we get more universal skins in that patch tomorrow

because the cold is infinitely better than hot weather, and winter gear is a subconscious reminder of how we'd rather have to dress

>actually wanted raptor legs patched
you monster

yeah heres more

rest in fucking pieces

Concept art will always be different to the final. Besides, you don't know whether those will be uniform variants or elite skins

>>Fixed – Getting kills with Hibana will not count towards and SAT Weekly Challenge.
>challenge has ended yesterday

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>scrap all of the concept art
>we want the Devil May Cry audience
>FUCK YOU

Knowing Ubisoft Hibana and Echo will have ninja and samurai elite skins. They already pushed those looks in the concept art.

meme bugs xD

>ACOGs still not fixed

theres no way theyll add anything that cool as uniforms

itll all just be recolours

Hope we get 2nd from the bottom right and middle as skins.

what part of "it looks fucking funny, I hope they don't remove that because it doesn't detract from the game" made raptor legs a meme? They were just funny.

Acogs aren't broken though.

Explain

ACOGs are 10x times better than any other sight and have no real downsides to them.

The red parts of the sight will randomly go fluorescent

they're 2.5X better, though.. And the downside is terrible FOV, and emphasized recoil.

>fluorescent
I meant translucent

thats not a bug, thats just their shit balancing.

>terrible FOV, and emphasized recoil.

Barely noticeable.

That's not broken, that's overpowered.

Happens with Holos too, but I honestly forgot about it. Seems to be happening less frequently, but I did change my graphics settings recently.
I knew what you meant.

The downsides don't outweigh the upsides in the majority of situations. Unless someone's coming around a corner within 6 feet of you, (which you shouldn't really let happen) Acogs won't hurt you enough to make up for how much they help you in every other situation.

Rank every map according to personal preference. Here's mine (most favorite to least favorite).

1. Bank
2. House
3. Chalet
4. Consulate
5. Bartlett
6. Clubhouse
7. Hereford
8. Skyscraper
9. Plane
10. Border
11. Oregon
12. Kanal
13. Kafe
14. Yacht
15. Favela

Again, just personal preference. I realize some of my top picks aren't the most balanced maps, but they're fun regardless.

1. Chalet
14. House
15. Bartlett

The rest can go anywhere in between.

>they no KAIROS fix
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate all maps and I hate this game yet I keep playing it

>tfw full netcode fix never

You think Xu and his 10 man team in Shanghai know how to fix that kind of shit?

leave all luggage behind

remember, no russians

I like all of the maps, however there are some objective emplacements that are absolutely horrible. Example: packaging room in favela. I wish ubi would move some of the objectives to be in actually defensible locations, it makes casual matches turn into coin flips sometimes.

1.oregon
2.border
3.house
4.club house
5.chalet
6.hereford
7.Skyscraper
8.Consulate
9.kafe
10-15 fuck those maps

>2.border
>3.house
>5.chalet

Is there a name for those particular shape of eyes, they're the best.

>spain
>hong kong
>austria
>korea

who are you most excited for?

yeah they're called asian you retard

Poland

>austria

hong kong

well fuck me for not realizing poland had kept the eagle and austro-cucks abandoned it

you forgot about poland

>Kafe
>Bombs are the in bakery and kitchen
>Not kitchen and cold room

Almond shaped if you really want a simple term for them.
But you could also describe them as having an Epicanthic fold if you want to be a nerd. More people than strictly Asian have eyes like that too.

Poland and Austria both have eagles as their coat of arms you dumb cuck poster.

but not on their flag

>10 more months
Kill me

>get 7 kills with pistol challenge
>oh boy here we go
>get lol no kills for an hour
>finally down a guy
>walk over to pistol him
>suddenly find three enemies on the floor
>three free pistol kills
Gotta enjoy the little things.

Neither have it on their flag you dumb cuck poster.

Look on the bright side, user - 7 months until GROM.

1. Favela
2. Plane
3. Everything else
4. Clubhouse
5. Skyscraper
6. Bank

>7 months until possible qt polish operator

Too long

>Flag of Poland (with coat of arms)

How dumb are you though.

To be fair, Poland does have two variants, and neither is actually considered to officially be the one official national flag.

Though the one without the coat of arms is seen more often.

>clubhouse below everything else
???

>polish defender
got a bag like rook but this one contains bottles of vodka, drinking vodka boosts attack damage
>polish attacker
has a bag containing an unlimited supply of bolts that are semi homing and does 10 damage

Even by that point the Austrian flag has a variant with their coat of arms on it too.

Just bought Echo since Skillbeard doesn't interest me. What's the general opinion on him? Is he good? What kind of roll does he fill for the team?

fat shit variant of valk

There's many ways to use him i mainly use my drone to assist roamers then bring it to the obj when time runs low or there's few attackers then stun them and shoot with whoever else is on point

Smoke/Valk bastard child that slows down pushes and provides intel.

He's a middle ground between Valk and Smoke. He's most effective when he uses his mic all game and waits as long as possible to sonic burst enemies. Do it too early, when there's no one to follow up, or they have enough time and space to just look up and shoot the thing, and you wasted your drone.

Should I lurk with him or just sit his fat ass on the objective? Anyone he works really well with specifically?

I don't play him a ton but I like to be on the objective. Caveira works pretty well with him.

I have a weird feeling Echo is going to get buffed in the future. What if he got 2 Yokai drones?

What do you guys use to record your clips? I'd quite like shadowplay but it only works in true full screen, or Aero which tanks my framerate. I'd like a "save last Minute" feature, don't want to record every single match from start to finish, I'm not a youtuber.

He's one of the harder ops to use correctly, but when used well is an incredible asset. Landing a hit with your drone will incapacitate someone longer than any other gadget in the game.

Fortify objective, deploy your shield, toss your drone, crouch behind it. Listen to gunshots and try to deploy Yokai in a spot the enemy are likely to attempt to breach; that's when you sonic blast as many as possible and ideally sprint out to blast their faces off with the Supernova. Never, ever use the MP5; your sidearm SMG is much better at actual SMG things and your shotgun is a valuable tool for making killholes or hitting people through walls once you spot them with your drone.

shadow play but not often because it makes me load into rounds slower. Not sure why

Xbox One