imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/even-more-modifiers.45790/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/experience-and-classes.53048/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump...

pls dont die

Roll Roll Roll

roll

173.199.74.222:7777

tmodloader server, expert

nine mods, almost ready to kill skeletron

Do the mods get downloaded automatically when you join a server?

>Nightmares Unleashed just updated, changes yoyos to throwing damage
>Thorium adds accessories that drastically increase throwing damage
>Zoaklen's mod has all the throwing stuff
>Experience and Classes gives a lot of bonus damage if you're using the ninja class
Neat, time to break everything.

>start up fresh expert mode world
>things are going well, got lucky and bought sitting duck's fishing pole from a traveling merchant
>fished up a swordfish, reaver and sawtooth sharks
>eventually kill eye of cthulu and eater of worlds
>scared to fight skeletron since expert mode bosses don't fuck around

Should I go to hell and gear up first? I don't know how hard Skeletron is on expert.

Rawl

Anybody here beat a world 100% and then did a playthrough with a new character from start to finish?

Expert skelly will still fuck up your shit in full Molten if you don't git gud at dodging. As long as you're competent enough at dodging, you can kill Skeletron with sub-par gear like Space Gun/Bee Bow

Recommended shit: rocket boots, shield of Cthulhu, and anything that gives you extra jumps

Plenty of people, I'd imagine.

Roll

On the same expert world?

Oh, that's what you meant? I'm not sure why you'd do that.

Idk man, myself I've never had any problems with him. I usually beat him with plat/gold armour and a good gun or bow. Only other thing i find necessary is grappling hook.

Thanks, might join later. Comfiest thing I used to do was start a fresh character, and salvage whatever loot I found on other servers and become an inter-dimensional builder.

What, in your opinion, is the best pre-hardmode gear to get your hands on? Modded shit included

Thorium armor for good defense and 10% extra damage, using a material that's easy to find.

bump

ded game

/vg2/ for ded game generals when

Rello

If only.

I miss /rfhmg/.

Is it time to wrap things up, boys?

What would it take for this general to be liv again? Hell, how did it even come back to life in first place?

Updates are the answers to both those questions.

>Planned features for 1.3.5:
>translations
It's kill. But who knows, maybe a miracle happens and a mod getting a large update brings some life back.

So, which of the 4 endgame armors does Veeky Forums prefer? I typically go with Solar Flare armor, I love the dash and the shield, plus it looks amazing.

Vortex is my go-to endgame set, I just love stealthing and dealing all crits, all the time.

Vortex is good shit. I've never tried Nebula though, the buffs just don't mean enough outside multiplayer. I can beat Moon Lord in SF armor with barely needing to dodge, but I can't even get halfway in Nebula.

>Moon Lord
Isn't the only thing you need for him is a world-length platform then run from one end to another while shooting him?

red will be working on it, so it's probably not kill or just translations

Technically yes, but the only bosses you can't do that with (at least at first) are Plantera and the Golem, and with endgame weapons you can just stand still and kill them, it's not a real test of the armor.

That's because magic is and always has been the weakest. I prefer summoner tbqh family. Literally max summon + use a magic weapon or two. Lamoing @ magic.

With weapons like Meowmere, Terrarian, Star Wrath, Daybreak and Terra Blade there's no point to magic, no matter how awesome it is to use Last Prism.

>tfw the End-game magic weapons are comfy and flashy but still mediocre compared to memele
JUST

Also, is it a dick-move to ask if my co-op bro wants to re-roll shortly after playing ~100 hours in our current world? Re-roll as in, new character, new build and new world? I'd love to but I've a feeling they'd think me too autistic.

There needs to be more spell variety, not just new ways to shoot at monsters.

Also fix mana efficiency, it's painful.

Hey, at least the most powerful magic weapon isn't annoying as fuck to use, but for top melee damage you have to use meowmere.

Like, I get the portal gun is a reference, but I would have made that a spell. How about a healing spell stronger than any potion? How about buff spells?

>Ranger still don't have a way to attack through walls

Hey, you have to lave magic SOMETHING.

But melee and summoners can attack through walls

I only know of one melee weapon that goes through walls.

The flying dragon and solar eruption

Well, I wouldn't know about flying dragon, I have yet to find the fucking tavern keeper.

Jesus christ I have the Influx Waver, the Flying Dragon, and the Terra Blade.

Which is the better sword in practice?

Terra Blade is pretty awesome, in my experience only Daybreaker (thanks to the DOT), Meowmere (raw damage) and Star Wrath (rate of projectile fire) are better than Terra. Plus after all the crap to get it it feels right to be using it.

Influx waver in my experience so much so that I don't make the Terra blade anymore

I was not prepared for expert mode with a fresh character

Is Expert mode even worth playing? Played it completely once and I question it. You generally speaking get pumped hard and easily, but the little bit of extra drops and coins hardly seems worth it.

Normal mode is too easy

Sometimes Expert mode is a little too far. Sometimes. And that's the only reason I'd play Expert, is the difficulty. Since the extra drops are a joke and minimal. At least in Expert you get showered with coins so you can buy anything at anytime from merchants.

>Sometimes
Yeah the mini-bosses in the Pumpkin/Frost moon are a tad too bulky in Expert Mode and Moon Lord's damage is just a tad too high. Mob scaling in HM is a little silly as well

That depends. If you want a more challenging game with more varied drops, play expert. If you want to explore and build cool stuff, play normal.

What's a quick way to make a new world and force it or see if it has crimson or corruption? I'd like a corruption world next since previously it was crimson.

The loading bar will show which the new world is getting, if the left half is purple, you get corruption. There's no way to force it I know of, besides importing ebonstone from another world and waiting for it to grow.

Look at the colour of the tree when making a new world

Well you could pick corruption when making a new world, You have beaten the WOF right?

I beat the WOF and I don't get that option

Worm Scarf or Star Veil? I'm having trouble deciding between the two. I'm aiming for a ranged build and I want a good defensive item for one of my accessory slots.

>I want a good defensive item for one of my accessory slots.
Why?

BECAUSE

Ankh Shield

>good defensive item
Ankh Shield and dps accessories

You should aim to not get hit in the first place as a Ranger

I did that it took me about 5 months to finally beat it because the beginning is fucking brutal.

I'd try but the temptation of using the spare mats in my bank would be too much

About finished as magic, going to reroll soon. Ranged or Summoner? Haven't touched summoner (outside of having 1 minion frequently from whatever staff dropped) And I used to play Ranged all of the time but never get sick of it (Ranged for me is just guns/explosives, I don't care for bow/repeater)

Summoner is easy as shit, all you need to do is worry about dodging and let your minions do all the work.

>Summoner is easy as shit
Pure summoner is a pain in the ass though

Yeah, swaying towards summoner since I haven't done it yet. I plan on using other shit with it too--pure summoner gear, but also use a gun and/or something magic. Depending on what drops. Is it actually useful in expert? Well I suppose anything is better than pure magic and I managed with that.

>Is it actually useful in expert?
Once you get a decent summon it becomes viable, pre-hardmode is a little bit of a pain though

Open your config file, there's a line about unlocking world evil there. Just set it to true.

> "SettingsUnlock_WorldEvil": true,
This? Already on true. I'll see if it gives me the option in creating a world.

What config file? Only config files I can find are related to mods

Oh wow, you can. Fucking BASED.

>C:\Users\:^)\Documents\My Games\Terraria

Oh right. Didn't even think to check there

It's set to true and I still don't get the option to pick

Just thought I'd talk about these two mods I've been using in my current Expert playthrough.

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/even-more-modifiers.45790/
Adds random modifiers to most equipment you can get, including armor and accessories, which can do quite a few things as listed on that post, also adds these dice to reroll whatever modifiers you got (works on any item that has a [Common] or better tag in its description) that drop often enough from enemies. Might make the game a bit too easy though.

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/experience-and-classes.53048/
Adds an accessory-based class system and experience as its name implies, you move from novice to six basic classes and then to 2-3 specializations for each. It's REALLY fucking grindy, but the accessories are powerful enough to make it all worth it and they give you some sense of growth. In any case, you can adjust the experience rate you get anyway.

The option should show up when you make a new world, right after picking normal/expert.
mod to choose which ore variants you want in your world when

It doesn't. Goes straight from the difficulty choice to naming it

Oh, wait figured it out. The modloader adds its own folder with configs and shit in it. Should've realized

Any reliable program that simply lets a new or current world the 3 of 6 Hardmode ores? (Titanium etc)

I have no idea what you meant to say, but try Terracustom.

Yeah re-reading, I missed a word or two.

Basically, a program that lets you choose 3 of the 6 Hardmode ores in advance.

Terracustom

In case everything else fails, you can get imkSushi's mod to be able to exchange ores for their equivalents (cobalt -> palladium and so on) at a tinker's table.

Is there a reason to want to do that? I was under the impression the ores would functionally be pretty much the same.

Different ores make different things.

Not really. Mostly it's the same but armor set bonuses can be radically different.

The alternate ores (tin, lead, tungsten, platinum, palladium, orichalcum and titanium) have generally better stats than the older ones, much more so for the hardmode ones as their armor sets have special effects while the others only give a stat increase.

Having reached endgame status where I can farm anything I want reasonably safely, I find farming for drops to be much more tedious than before. No, I don't NEED these things, but I WANT these things, I think they're cool. I didn't even know the dungeon spawned paladins until after I beat the Moon Lord but now I want that boomerang hammer more than my next fucking breath. Now that I know what an ankh shield is the things I need to make it simply never show up. Now that I know the tavernkeeper is a thing I've started a new world just to farm for him, because the one I had been playing in was large, and searching for him is taking forever and ruining my world with tunnels going every which way as I streak back and forth across the map in the drill mount, so now it's a fresh world, small, I don't care about wrecking it, and I build about twenty houses to make sure I have room by the time I find him.

What's the Thorium mod like? Looks great but very over-whelming.

Are there any other mods to strongly consider trying out?