/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

~A New Beginning~

Last thread:
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-HACKABLE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Homebrew Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!JwRzwaqY!0I0G7q_BOKJUhoba8dtXyOSsvbDebxOjR2w0-JAn5uk
mega.nz/#F!fEITkJLQ!VhOdsth6IjWnAAyI2TWXdw
mega.nz/#F!eZpjCBoB!R6sr-GjjG5L2QAVE4ED-Xg
amazon.com/dp/B010Q588D4/ref=twister_B011BRUOMO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
oi64.tinypic.com/2up2zwi.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bricks

2 questions
1. What's a good place for DS flashcarts
2.how do I mod smash 4 for 3ds
any help please?

Previous Thread

So I hacked my wiiU and have used WUP Installer to install a bunch of games I already own.

But on one game I've been stuck at 99% installation for almost 10m now. Any suggestions?

Most of them suck dick.

mega.nz/#!JwRzwaqY!0I0G7q_BOKJUhoba8dtXyOSsvbDebxOjR2w0-JAn5uk

Here they are

mega.nz/#F!fEITkJLQ!VhOdsth6IjWnAAyI2TWXdw

Here is a bunch of themes I've saved and uploaded that aren't terrible except some love live but I'm sure someone will appreciate those
it's still uploading only 30% complete or so.

mega.nz/#F!eZpjCBoB!R6sr-GjjG5L2QAVE4ED-Xg

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

also add ARK release to OP next time

link to general info?

Just get a cheap r4 they all should work now.

Also what website depends on what country you're in.

As for modding smash literally just google mod smash or check gbatemp

Thanks dude.
I'm in the USA so is there any good websites that I can use?

New as fuck question here, downloades SM on my DS before I was into This stuff and now have no room left for Luma etc. Is there anyway I can still inject

what

UPDATE THE VITA PORTION YOU STUPID FUCKING COCKSUCKER

What is ARK?
Couldn't find any info in the OP

It's basically Adrenaline but less functional and doesn't require Taihen

pretty sure I used nds-card not the cheapest, but I got it and didn't have to wait 2 weeks for shipping.

>All the good 3DS games are 2-3GB
>I only have 8GB

Imagine Adrenaline that's slightly worse but easier to install

jesus fucking christ I just bought a 64gb card for $15

SD cards are not expensive. You bought a (presumably) $100+ console spend the extra money.

possible to play pic related with stylus?

sorry I didn't know hopefully someone who follows the vita scene can make the next OP

I have Sun downloaded on my DS and there is no Space left to put Luma on the SD Card.

Get a bigger SD card

Can you transfer the entirety of the SD files onto a new card or does Nintendo block that

Question
How the fuck do people play DLC with the freeshop if there not updated to the latest Update?

Where? I only see 32gb for $10

It's ok user not entirely your fault but someone has to fix that

amazon.com/dp/B010Q588D4/ref=twister_B011BRUOMO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 32 is 10 bucks, 64 is 20, and some user posted a 128 in the last thread from walmart for 25 plus shipping. 128 apparently slows down loading up the 3ds and other stuff, my 64 is a bit slow on turning on and I have a shit ton of games and pretty much anything i'd ever play. I had a 32 and I had plenty of games on it so I'd recommend 32 if you are dirt poor and 64 so you don't have to be hassled ever again.

guys I cut my SD card in half when I was opening the package, do you think tape or a small dab of wood glue would fix it?

If you have A9LH, yes, you just drag and drop.

If you're an emuNAND shitter, lmao

how ?

no

>cutting an adapter in half for meme points
good job, user. mom's gonna freak.

>I'm a emunand shitter

I have my reasons!

How does the emunand method work?

I seriously would like to know how this works

So Any know a method to restored of save a ubs?
I was trying to donwload youtube form the eshop but i forget to unpluged my usb and now doesnt work anymore

Please respond

You're not the only one apparently, nice meme.

1.) Boot emuNAND9 on your 3DS, eject your SD card, and put the new one in

2.) Create an emuNAND/redNAND (whatever your current one is)

3.) Move all your files onto the new SD card

4.) Delete enough shit off the old SD card to get enough room to do an emuNAND dump, then dump it

5.) Inject the emuNAND from your old SD card into the new SD card

>I have my reasons!
You're lazy and want to use incredibly outdated and unsupported software because you don't want to take the 20 minutes to install a far superior alternative?

You update. That's how we do it.

Use dd from a *nix command line to copy the whole sd to an image

Copy image to new bigger card

Use gparted to enlarge fat partition on card

Easy peasy

>Implying anyone still using an emuNAND setup is competent enough to run a unix based system

What but then won't brick/fuck up my 3ds? I was under the impression that when you hacked your 3ds you HAVE to stay at that Update? Or was I wrong? I'm a newcomer here so please excuse my retardation if I'm wrong

HOLY SHIT.
That be nice.

Got anything for part 2 of Jojo's?

probably a corrupted file?
Never happened to me.

You're wrong. As long as you followed 3ds.guide and got A9LH+Luma set up, you can always be on the latest system version.

>I have my reasons!

I can guarantee your reasons are stupid.

just wanted to say, due to these threads/you guys, i was able to hack both my O3ds and my friends N3ds, all on the newest firmware.

thank you all so much for the help

Holy FUCK
I HAD NO IDEA
I'M HACKING MY SHIT TODAY THEN THANKS user

Probably, but it'd likely require a full homebrew port, rather than running from an emulator or VC.

alternatively there's windows programs that do this, but i still agree with you.

so I just a9lh'd my brother's n3DS and quiet a few things have changed since I hacked my own one
why exactly do I want the a9lh payload in my CTR Nand?
does it benefit me in any way and if so - how?

>flashcart hasn't arrived yet
>no comfy rune factory and harvest moon yet
Remove chinks.

how does it remained hacked after an update? Im confused.

It's so your 3DS still functions without an SD card inserted.

Yes, for some reason, this was a big enough deal for multiple devs to work towards this to shut GBAtemp up because they would constantly whine about not wanting to install A9LH because they apparently face situations regularly where their SD card will not be in their hacked 3DS, which completely defeats the point of hacking a 3DS since you can't fucking do ANYTHING without it besides boot and play some cart games anyways.

Luma patches various parts of the system to prevent Nintendo from removing it with an update.

Luma write proctects the boot area containing the hack

>both series have games on the 3ds

NICE
EAT SHIT NINTENDOGSHIT

>both series have SUPERIOR games on the 3ds

>tfw Unironically shit my pantsduring the hack

I just got nervous and drank a shitload of beer the night before

Has anyone played either Legend of Dark Witch or Return to PopoloCrois? Just looking through that recommended 3DS games list for new things to play.

Oh god so the anti a9lh memes became reality?
>have fun booting your 3DS without an SD card kek
>emuNAND masterrace
Alright at least I now know what's up with that. It's crazy what people complain about.
Thanks user.

I know user, but I haven't played any Rune Factory pre ~4 and only a small handful of Harvest Moon on the DS. Life sims help me to forget my problems.

Dark Witch is like 2hu + Mega man and it's pretty fun but also easy.
Haven't played Popolocrois yet though

>Dark Witch is like 2hu + Mega man and it's pretty fun but also easy.

That sounds pretty cool, I'm definitely going to try that out, then.

If it's not up now then no, I could probably swap some images and things out. If you post an image you want preferably high rez so I can crop and keep the aspect ratio normal so it isn't potato I'll swap some out and upload them but it will be later. Or just put the link in your post and I'll save em and do it later.

Was bored enough to make a theme of the prostitute I fucked a few years ago. pic unrelated.

oi64.tinypic.com/2up2zwi.jpg

Good job?

Wait did you really think you had to stay on that firmware and that's why you hadn't hacked your 3ds?

I live in SoCal so my flashcards 20+ day estimated delivery took 5 days, 2 to get from China to LA then 3 days for the USPS to not be retarded and drive it 100 miles north to my house.

>not just playing them on your pc until your flashcard arrives, then moving your save to the flashcard

>wanting to ruin that comfy experience

Yes
Don't bully

bull shit. my flashcart has been sitting on some shitty chinese tarmac for 5 days

Don't play Harvest Moon AKA Minecraft + Farming Sim.

Story of Seasons is where it's at. The true original experience.

>not having a big ass tv in your bedroom with your PC connected to it using a wireless DS4 to play while snuggled under the covers with all the lights off and a cup of coco resting on the side table and 6 feet of snow trapping you inside and removing all responsibilities

I downloaded dlc for some games through ciangle but it seems to just go away. How do you keep the dlc?

Is NTR the only way to do cheats and shit on 3DS? There's no Game Shark for 3DS?

Is there something like Cheat Engine where I can use the process of elimination (Value Increase / Decrease sorting) to find out what value is attached to what code and fuck around with it?

Eh, I personally put over 300 hours into RF4, but got bored pretty quickly in SoS. The townspeople never have anything new to say, everyone in RF had something to say every single days for years. I still need to marry Elise, she was the only reason I kept forging on in SoS.

popular games have save edits, if you don't mind doing a save transfer to your desktop.

Once I get soundhax installed, I can get al9h and make my 3ds region free, correct? Just wondering because I'm considering buying this Japanese n3ds xl because I'm not a fan of any of the American colors and my old hacked 3ds has a broken hinge.

i installed AC New Leaf and edited the shit out of it because everything takes irl days, i uninstalled it.

correct. a lot of us use the LL version, just because it's cheaper and can be hacked just the same.

Consider getting psychological help

So I decided to copy arm9loaderhax.bin to my own 3DS' CTR Nand because why the fuck not but booting with the SD card removed still doesn't let my 3DS turn on
what's up with that?
do I have to mess with my ctr nand at some time for the SD less thing to work?

but she shits from there

????
Did something change with the vita? Do we have spoofing back yet?

Nah it's just a PSP kexploit

nice for 3.63fags though

Thanks and my reasons are that I modded this thing a few months back and I'm not sure where to go from there since I installed emunand after formatting the sysnand

WHERE ARE THE LEWD 3DS THEMES?!

>3.63fags

So if I update my vita to 3.63, there's a new exploit?

cheated in MHG. no regrets.

3ds.guide has a step for backing up your emuNAND, nuking the partition, and then restoring the data to sysNAND.

Just fucking do it.

Guys I'm getting "wrong title key" with freeshop and I can't figure out why. I have the new freeshop 2.1.4

I heard to update luma with luma 3ds so I tried that. Didn't fix it. I heard to manually copy over the .bin file, that didn't fix it. I'm running out of ideas.

This

Upload whore theme pls

only for psp shit, like I said

Is there a way to move a save file from 1 3ds to another 3ds? Just the save. Y'know how you can create save backups when you delete a game? Is that tied to that 3ds? Can I just copy a file over?

you have to use a tool like jksm to get around the encryption

Well what's this new method you guys were talking about? Not sure why you guys assumed it was laziness I just got back to my 3ds

Should I just wipe the entire thing and start from the beginning with my 9.2 emunand? Kinda wish I followed the scene....

Just hacked my 3DS. Dragon Quest VIII on freeshop when?
like seriously, does freeshop update often?