Tfw you fell for the change your own oil meme

>tfw you fell for the change your own oil meme

>tfw you had to change your oil 200 km ago

but its so cold...
is my car kill?

nigga wut?

how did you fuck that up?

How would this be a maymay? It's as simple as changing a light bulb, but most people don't have the means to dispose of it, that's all

What? It's really not that difficult.

Did you forget to put the drainbolt on?

Couldn't get the filter off?

>tfw fell for the 'keep living it'll get better' meme

And yet 11 years later i am still on this website

>tfw only at 8 years

haha-haha

pls no

i change my oil once a year

Don't worry everything is going to be alright

At least we didn't end up on a hug cuckbox like Reddit or a Jewish data mining rapebook site

This year marks my tenth.

And this is why I'm still here. The world needs assholes.

9th anniversary coming up in spring. It doesn't feel as bad as it should. I mean, wasting my life in general is terrible, but 4c is one of the more hilarious places to waste it in.

>being poor enough to spend your time changing oil
kekkin at your life

I'm an assholelolollollllooo

>it's as simple as changing a lightbulb
No it isn't, even if you disregard disposal (you're not supposed to throw CFLs away so let's use that as an example). Changing a lightbulb requires no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, all you need to know is the type of screw and the wattage and "righty tighty, lefty loosey". But with a car you need to know how to get to the oil pan, how to drain your oil, how to change the filter, and what filter you need, in addition to the type of oil you need.
PLUS you need special equipment, because unless you're driving a huge SUV you'll need to jack the car up, and you'll also need the right type of wrench to open your oil section.
TLDR, changing oil is more complicated than changing a lightbulb.

Fucking retard

>making so little money as a wage cuck that you are ok with sitting in a waiting room

my time worth more money than they waste

you don't need any mechanical knowledge to change your own oil
you need a wrench ,a bucket and your car comes with a jack

My car has an air pump instead of a spare and jack

you actually use the jack your came with for work? you got jack stands?

well that's kind shitty
but it's lighter

Shhh
Darwinism at work.

no i don't but if you got no choice that better than nothing
you can place your spare tire as a jack stand if you don't trust your jack

Needing a jack/stands/ramps is the only legitimate point you made, though they're hardly "special equipment". You did forget to mention a torque wrench and oil filter wrench, but they're the kind of shit you can pick up for under $20 a piece. Even a half decent jack shouldn't run up more than $60.

>But with a car you need to know how to get to the oil pan, how to drain your oil, how to change the filter, and what filter you need, in addition to the type of oil you need.

All of which can be found in under 5 minutes for just about every brand of car in existence with google. There's nothing you need to know about doing an oil change that can't be found on the internet, even small details such as the precise location and wrench size needed for the drain plug and how much it needs to be torqued up to afterwards.

>he gets under his car to change the oil

I seriously hate Veeky Forums

>Be me at 8AM
>Dont need to be at work until 10
>Car needs its oil changed so figure id do it myself since Veeky Forums said it was cheaper and takes only 10 minutes
>By the time I get back home from buying the oil its 830
>I get to work
>The fucking filter took 45 minutes to get off cause it was stuck
>Spill oil ALL OVER my new suit and driveway
>Have no choice but to shower, change, and take a fucking uber to work as my car drains oil all over my driveway
>End up being late and having my boss yell at me

Changing your own oil is a fucking meme

>he pumps out his oil for half an hour

I'm too povertymode to buy an oil pan, otherwise I'd probably do it.

I changed my bike's coolant though, it was long, grueling, temporarily (now that i think about it I don't remember what became of them) ruined a pair of jeans. But, oh, the satisfaction.

>he doesn't go back inside and pump out his wife while his oil is being extracted

I started coming here when I was 17, I'm turning 28 in a few weeks.

what the fuck have I been doing?

>I'm fucking retarded
>I do basic servicing at extremely inopportune times
>I change my oil IN A FUCKING SUITE
>this is obviously Veeky Forums's fault

try harder nigger

you idiot why would you change your oil in a suit

>mechanic replaced my dexcool with universal antifreeze
>I know dexcool is shit but mixing them is shitter

>he doesn't change his oil in a suite

I'm not a numale faggot, I enjoy working on my car.

I clearly stated I had work that morning. Obviously changing oil is that easy if it gets all fucking over you.

oh look it's this thread again

twit

This is true. I had the old oil standing in my shed for like two years before I got tired of looking at it so I threw it in the dumpster.

>being so poor you can't afford the $60 synth oil change at Walmart

>2006
ma nig

before the chanology wave of newfaggotry and the resulting ironic shitposting, when Veeky Forums was ultra comfy at most times

Doing it for the lulz.

>take oil pan
>take milk jug
>take 2 dollar funnel
>drain oil pan into milk jug via funnel
>drive to o'reily's
>give them the milk jug
>leave
Man trashing waste oil is like brain surgery.

yea I've fallen for the "work on your own car meme"

I always fuck something up, however I am really good at being "clean your car" guy so I guess it balanced out. I love cleaning things and cars are no different.

>his city doesn't have motor oil pickup

i thought i'd grow out of it
why are both of us still here
its been over a decade.

>tfw you pay your mechanic $25 for an oil change and you're back to driving your car in 10 min

Amazing when you think about it.
Even if grow up, have a house now with a family I am still spending my free time on Veeky Forums. Like I did when I was 20.

Kek cmon user this is stupid.

Holy shit almost 11 years for me

This seems terible for your car, part of the reason the drain plug is on the lowest point of the car is any metal or carbon flakes are going to settle to the lowest point. Draining the oil flushes everything, pumping it will leave it dirty

>changing oil in a suit
>takes 45 min to get off becuse he does not understand lefty losey righty tighty
>no oil pan
I want to say its bait but pic related

The filter on my car is on top of the engine. No need for me to crawl under my car. Ive been using this method for a long time. I works well. People that have boats with engines in the hull use this method also.

The oil filter is suppose to catch all the crap in your oil. If you have flakes in your oil pan you have bigger problems to worry about. Also, you stir all that shit up if you run the engine to drive up ramps. It get suspended in the oil for a period of time.

10 years for me.

For normies that is a huge amount of effort
it's easier to take it somewhere to get it done and you go shopping or for a meal while it's being done

time to flush your shit man. or make the mechanic do it.

Lol its not better than nothing. Youre better off taking your car to a mechanic or someshit instead of getting your head smushed into pulp when that flimsy pos breaks on you.

7 years roughly I believe. Damn.

Don't ever get under a car with the jack your car comes with. Scissor Jack's kill

Are you fucking retarded? I had a friend show me using his jack and I learned it in one go. I don't know shit about cars.

how is that a fucking meme? what? i just did my first oil change on my own car about a week ago, its not that hard, just gotta know your shit

>Draining oil
>Gust of wind comes through
>Oil everywhere

>tfw you fell for the synth meme
>tfw you fell for the replace drain plug washer with every oil change meme

>synth meme

What is wrong with synthetic oil?

> buy or make fire pit for comfy weekend nights
> grab used oil
> pour in fire pit
> light it

Recycling is fun

>drop drain plug
>tighten
>change filter
>fill oil
>start it
>check and adjust
>done
omg so hard, why must we do dis

>be skeleton
>park car with front wheels on a pair of bricks and just slide under without using a jack
>change oil
someday i'll buy some jackstands
someday

11, going on 12 here. I've given up on all hopes of leaving.

>spare as a jackstand
Ahhhhhaahahahaha
Maybe if you are a skellington

replacing the washer is recommended but i nerver got any issue replacing it every 5 oil change
it's just last longer
so if your car doesn't require it you just don't need it

How poverty mode can you actually be if you're wasting money on having someone else change it? An oil pan costs less than an oil change, and will save you money

well it's true i weight 130 lbs

>tfw live in a flat
>tfw no access to water outside
>tfw no electricity outside
fucking hell, i cant properly clean my car

>tfw you fell for the "you fell for the change your own oil meme" meme

Are you changing your oil on the side of Mount Washington user? I've never experienced such wind even in a driveway

Hiro is turning this place into both of those, though.

>mfw got my licence almost 9 years ago
Fuck where does the time go?

Only yesterday i was doing key bangers in my cressida with all my mates in the back as a red p plater

;_;

their all grown up and gone and im still here and still drive like a cunt
dunno, its sort of liek the weird old forums and chatrooms i'd used to visit as a kid so that culture of being anonymous sort of kept me coming back over the years.

This place is so unfiltered and is one of the last websites on the oldweb that even still exist
Breh plz the feels i cant

>he lasts 30 minutes
Keep dreaming

I just got jack stands and a hydraulic jack for my birthday. Can't wait until the next time I need to change my oil.

That's not difficult famalam