/ovg/ - rFactor 2 is saved Edition

OVGT3 this Saturday subedition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/djcxar.webm
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7InrpoErw5COU1QX2xSQVdHUE0/view
youtube.com/watch?v=UKA9E6YYMko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for iRacing dirt kikebook/notes/iracing/2013-npas-champion-tyler-hudson-offers-his-initial-thoughts-on-iracings-upcoming/10154895071125480

wow clouds

>1995
>Whiplash has toggleable cloud rendering

>2017
>the world's most accurate racing simulator needs an update to DX11 before someone will put clouds in the skybox

Speed Dreams is a dead meme.

I think spectator mode Raceroom has this

The nissan guys run too much nitrous, so the welds on the manifold got blown, and the exhaust system got riddled with holes.

They didn't have any spares, so they stole a new manifold and exhaust from a formula renault 3.5 team that was testing in the track.

I always wanted to broadcast along with others, and I have problems spelling difficult english words. So if anyone wants to do a broadcast together, I'm down.

If no one else will I'd be tempted

raceroom pls

Just know that I can't stream(connection too weak for that.)

i streamed the last one, but it was just ineye with mumble audio. If anyone wants to do a complete spectator broadcast that would be awesome

Reminder that the deadline for the next skinpack is the end of friday on GMT time (i.e as soon as it's saturday gmt time you've missed the deadline). If you have any updates you want on either the veh file or dds file send them over.

Fuck, I just got Assetto Corsa PS4 working, and all it does is annoy me. The car's rolling backwards in neutral, the force feedback is going absolutely mental everywhere for more reason. You try to countersteer, and the car just does a 500% rape in the opposite direction. Maybe I had too high of expectations, but Gran Turismo 6 is better on the PS3, I don't know why I bothered to "upgrade".

Why would you buy the console version of Assetto Corsa when literally everyone besides paid italian reviewers say that it's shit

>AC on PS4

You fucked up.

>buying a pc racing sim for a console
>and not even a good one

Cyka oval user here.
Would you guys want to do a one off oval race on the ice oval tommorow?

It only has 13 spots, but I doubt that many people will show up, but it's fun as fuck. You spin the tires up to low 3rd gear, even though the cars(which are the same physics wise) and you don't need to brake(you would lock up anyway). You just flick and downshift to third to enjoy your 60 kmh slide. I guess you can call it a slav dirt oval race.

my.mixtape.moe/djcxar.webm
The webm if you missed it.

yes if you link the mods i need to download

>tomorrow
oh fuck, bad timing but i hope it goes well dude

Dont buy it now faget

I'm probably in if I'm around at the time, no plans for tomorrow so it should work out.
Can you link the mods?

This is all the stuff. Mind you, the track has normal grip from what I figured, and the tires on the lada are very slippery. I'll try using them on the quattro later on.

Like not at all? I was thinking 21:00-22:00 gmt.

Listen to this man . The C7 and a some tracks are coming.

ill be there for the cyka 500. im sure a few others will join as well

Does anyone have a game suggestion that's like a roadtrip? I'm thinking like Euro Truck Simulator but without the stress of driving a big rig.

I can only hope. I just wish it had more spots for people, just in case.

i dont think more spots would be required but in the small chance it is could always run a few heats

The crew with fullstock cars.

Would have done some cyka ice racing, but I'm hopeless at ovals even when there's grip.

The Ensemble.
Or a car mod (if they're not all ass) for ETS2.

What game is it dude? AC? And what time?

Bored as fuck, first to ask for a skin gets it

Rules:
No anime
Give me your name, number and country
If you don't have pics of a specific scheme you want I'll come up with something for you

>no anime

fuck you

>no anime
dropped

Anime skins are PH's thing so fuck right off back at ya

Valrys' milk bags and bailey jay on a Ford GT.

Name: Alfred

>The C7 and a some tracks are coming.

Don't really care much for those, so i bought it anyway.

What is with the adaptive AI in this game. I'm no where near an alien, but after lap 2 i was 13 seconds in front of second place.

>filename

Spok-Juct, 39, nazi germany
DVD rewinder team

More of a waste than buying RF2. IRacing is a more worthy buy.

What if you already own IRacing

It will adapt after that.

Whoever buys one of those is ._.

You don't need to rewind DVD's in the first place.

You will never go over 60 miles so you might give it a shot.

Yeah, it's AC, and I havent decided on the time yet. Either 21:00 or 22:00 gmt.

I'll download the mod and advise

>IRacing is a more worthy buy.
lol
yeah man $60 for all the stuff in raceroom or $60 for a month sub, 2 tracks and a car in iracing, a game that drives objectively worse. great deal.

Unless you're in a country with VAT tax then you can maybe buy a track along with a month sub in iracing for that much.

Jalopy
The Crew
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Outrun 2006 C2C
Cannonball (webm related)
1nsane (endless offroad maps with edge-warping)
Whiplash (do all three cups as Million Plus with the difficulty set to Death -- it's a road trip straight to hell)

>do all three cups as Million Plus with the difficulty set to Death
i need to try this. a seasoned whiplash autist should be able to win all 3 cups on impossible/high damage with the ninjato but i don't know about DEATH mode

I find the AI gets over-aggressive on Death and tends to just make half the field drive backwards in an attempt to smash everything, so it might actually be easier than Impossible. On the other hand, the lapcount and damage ratio are higher so it's a real endurance race.

Premier Cup is pretty easy with the Advanced carset on Death, since the AI never brake but some tracks you NEED to.

total rFactor noob question I'm sure but how hard would it be to add cars to the OVGT3 mod? I know they would have to be balanced out and the physics reworked but I feel like there are some car models, especially the NAGT mod from The Pits that would fit in perfectly.

-Adding Cars
Easy

-Balancing Cars
A nightmare not worth living.

Just copy paste the Audi that seems balanced. But all shit posting aside why do you want MORE cars added to this mod

it is a much larger pain in the dick than it looks.

You have to basically tear the mod apart to pack shit into into the other one, even worse if they use a different directory structure than the mod you're putting them in, 'cause then you have to start editing files telling the game where to find all its shit, then edit the car classes in the .veh so they'll actually show up in the list.

Sometimes it works (like the Touge mod) but that's completely dumb luck.

>balancing cars

Really i'm just after the Volvo and the Audi and just for shingles really since it would be just for offline use. OVGT3 is the only mod I have installed and I don't want to go through the hassle of having different mods and having that "oh shit that cars in this mod, oh I booted up in the wrong mod". I never play rFactor much but when I do I just want to boot up and drive.

Not dumb luck at all. It depends on how the vehicle directory is defined in the rfm file.

Can't you just install Ultimate GT3 and NAGT together and run the "All Cars and Tracks" setting?

No, there is something within NAGT that says nah senpai when you do all cars all tracks.

We're not adding cars or balancing cars what so ever.

If you want to do that for yourself for you're own use, it's not hard to do and you can probably find a guide if you google around.

I figured, one night I went full autist and and got the Arca Sim Racing cars working in Automobilista. I know Automobilista is pretty much rFactor with a new face but I didn't know how similar it truly was and if all the structure was all the same.

Usually that's due to shaders or mas files being in funny places. Do you just want the Audi and the Volvo? If I get a chance I'll add them for you.

Yeah it's for personal use, just wanted someone to tell me it's not worth it or go ahead it's easy before I start to dig into it and end up fucking my shit up.

Thanks for the offer but you don't have to do it I'm sure I can figure it out, unless you really want to then be my guest.

>no anime
O-ok y-you too.

Can you do real life livery?
GT Open #1 BMW M6 GT3 Teo Martin Motorsports

Server up.
Look for cyka 500.

the stuff

pass is 4ch

Qirex themed skin for the AC Porsche cup car. Theme based on front to back lines or stripes. Assymetry up to you. I think I have the qirex font kicking around on my computer.
Leave name, number, and country blank so we can share.

what I've found is that the death mode AI backs off a bit if you get at least 2 fatalities without losing a car. seems like they either respect or fear above average aggressiveness.

bully or be bullied

done the first half of the gremlin cup, 2nd, 14th (destroyed on snake pass lel), 3rd and 7th so far. my biggest problem is the starts, if you start up front you get nailed from behind by the AI since they accelerate faster off the grid and you die halfway round the lap. it almost seems better to get blown up immediately and then slowly pick your way through the field as the AI cars get rekt.

maybe i've just got to try harder

^
These guys ruined it folks, sorry

>there are people out there who think that anime liveries aren't tacky as hell
hecking why

Honestly I think they can look good, and they do on some cars, but I have zero interest in doing them, I've done one in my life and that was one too much

I would kinda do that Qirex Porsche as suggested, but it's already been stated Porsche cup will not use custom liveries so it's no point really

Muh wipeout dreams

You know I feel ya

If we do a spec open wheel series again I'd skin up all the Wipeout teams for them

youtube.com/watch?v=UKA9E6YYMko

NEW FUCKING MICROMACHINES GAME BOYS

>waaah i cant handle bantz so im not doing anything

>there are fedoras that get mad when every car isn't one solid colour

looks like a stupid clash of clans style retard game

Feel free to pay my fee of $40 an hour if you want your weaboo trash

people actually pay for someone else to make a virtual livery? this must be a hoax, it really isn't hard

you can come up with interesting contrasts and patterns but anime girls are not going to contrast well with a paintscheme
every paintscheme with the moe animes would be better without the anime there

No that's just what I'm going to demand for weaboo trash work

When I did get paid to do skins I got around half that, simdads will pay for anything

I'll put a half hour of effort later into an anime skin if you suggest something nonshit

You could say that removing the ad would improve about almost every livery

It's no different than putting logos on a car you fucking luddite.

Codemasters made Toybox Turbos a couple of years back, and that game was pretty much a Micro Machines successor, but without the name. Shame they never really advertised that game, because I only found out about it some time last year (It was orignally released in 2014)

Didn't expect them to make a new one, but actually looking forward to it. The Micro Machines games were amazing party games

desu even without the anime there those are pretty crummy colorschemes

Actually I think the 2013 Miku BMW looked decent, and Purple Hearts skins look great too, but both are very much designed around putting the drawing there, where 99.99% of them are just paste drawing onto car whether it fits or not

The Porsche in is a prime example of "lets slap them animay on" they had to do a white fade around them to not make them clash even harder with the livery, they could have designed something around them, but they didn't and it looks fucking shit

right but as I was attempting to say, it's not an anime only problem, the majority of liveries these days are all about making sure the brand is visible first and foremost, appeal of the colors and scheme are not important.

sure, that's a fair point and i apologize for implying that all anime liveries must be tacky it's just more often seen done really, really embarrassingly bad especially when done by amateurs in sim games

Yes of course, that's why F1 liveries especially are so fucking horribly boring these days

The EVA Racing GT300 cars are actually good anime liveries though because they don't have any pointless drawings plastered on, they take the colors and inspiration from other things and look great

I still think you're correct in almost every single case, even if it is not an anime-only problem, and really my reference was to sim racing more than anything else

man that is a nice livery and only 1/3 of that opinion is because i am a giant evafag

Even if you give the average sim racer a set of premade schemes they will manage to pick the most hideous combination of layout and colours possible most of the time anyways.

But just slapping anime decals on to a cheap shitbox for laughs is also sub-culture.

See what I mean in that you can do something high-effort if you really want to and make it look really great if you absolutely want to do something anime?

When its done obviously for laughs it can be great, the fakku Ferrari F430 (wasn't it choco's?) is one of my all time favourite /ovg/ liveries

Could I have a set up for this gt3 track I have no idea how to set my car up for this track and I feel I'm losing a shit load of time since my set up is shit

Post your sister first

I'll help you on the server with it tomorrow or saturday, but if you want hints then go for a soft suspension and damper settings to handle the massive bumps, it keeps you much more stable - and mess with the diff coast if you lose it under breaking

THE HIGHEST QUALITY

I see, and I assume like 3 camber up front 2.5 back?