Removing gaskets on aluminum?

Hey Veeky Forums, I have a problem that I'm completely stumped on, and I don't want to take my piston barrels in to have it professionally done.

I have a 1978 Suzuki GS1000 that I'm rebuilding, but the gasket that goes in between the piston jugs and crankcase is completely stuck the hell on there, I've tried almost everything to get it off, but It's not even budging. Any advice on how to get it off?

Bear in mind, it's a cast aluminum piece from the 70s, so no razors or chisels, and my plastic scraper won't do the job. Pic related

Thanks!

Wrong picture

bump

Use an angle grinder.

Heat it up with a handheld burner and then try to pry it off with a screwdriver

uh, n-no thanks, I actually want to use the block
Is that actually going to work without warping the metal?

The heat is a good idea. I would substitute a metal paint scraper instead of the regular screwdriver as it will want to rotate and gouge the aluminum mating surface.

There's also pic related. I've never had much luck with it because it tends to loosen up a hairsbreadth of the gasket at a time and then you have to spray the next layer and wait some more. You could try soaking in a pan of gas as well.

You gotta be careful ofcourse

If he has to really PRY it off hard then its not heated up enough. Screwdriver will do fine as long as he is being careful

this. cool tip I was recently taught, works well on oil pans with rubber gaskets as well

Eraser wheel? Is it metal? Or fabric?

Forgot pic

Tried this stuff, didn't do shite, unfortunately
I'll give it a shot after this thread, then
It's like a paper gasket, but it's hard as hell and 2mm or so thick

Eraser wheel MIGHT work, idk for sure

Well I gave it a shot with a propane torch, but I didn't really get any results. Would putting it in an oven work?

Soaking it in a pan of gas wouldn't ruin the finish? If not, then I'll try that

You'll need a plastic scraper so you don't gouge the metal. Auto parts stores sell them. You also need to spray something on there to help loosen up the gasket. You can also get that at auto parts store. Or just use oven cleaner. Stuff some clean rags or something in the cylinders to keep debris out. Be prepared to spend a couple hours on the project.

>soak
>wait 15 min
>scrape
>repeat.

Perhaps... its worth a try

Not op.
But screwdriver? Why not flat head?

In my language screwdriver is a blanket term, while "flat driver" and "star driver" is the terms for each

flat head and philips head.

>Hipster sissy trap beta nu-male cuckold nigger lover cant fix his cuckfe project bike

Ayy lmao! Just sell it on craiglist as a failed project like 99% of hipster cuckfe racer cuckold sissy trap bbc loving piece of shit bikes

100 double underlined crying emoji thumbs up to you lmaoooooo
That sounds like the safe way to go, I'm trying that now, plus that eraser pad thing

Post boipucci fagboi

I dont know what this guy's problem us, but I agree, cafe racers are for people who exclusively like black dick

You wish, I'm a girl gamer
It's not a cafe, it's stock, It just has a lot of miles and I wanted to rebuild it this winter

Ill game ur boipucci with my dick fagboi

K bb

>2/10
>Implying that woman can handle a 500lb bike

Pls kill yourself homo

Post boipucci then

Guys, srs, b nice doo be, blease :DD
If any of you fuckers want to try taking this gasket off, be my guest, if not, then go back to circlejerking over shit-tier groms and
>aprillas

>Sissy trap hipster gayboi cuck cant remove a simple gasket

>Aluminum head
>Adamantium 39 year old gasket

Buying 39yo piece of shit vehicles to beging with.