Truck simulators

why do people play these games?

I don't understand either. I've done the real thing and I fucking hated it. I love driving, but long distance trucking is soul draining

Im not sure, its must be boring following traffic laws in a videogame and spending hours of slow trucking to get to a destination. plus the hundreds of dollars people spend in wheels and shifters.

i was chatting with the guy who drove the recovery truck when my car broke down a while ago. he plays ETS2. i found it really strange that someone would play a game that's the same thing as their day job

because I can get a mod that lets me drive an ancient Mercedes truck that cant go over 15 kmh up a hill when loaded and it takes me 45 irl minutes to do a short delivery

then on the downhill I get to be Dagumi and pass traffic only for them to catch up to me on the uphill and create a traffic jam that goes on as far as I can see

Why don't he run them over like they did to those poor french bastards?

My dad is a truck driver in Europe and this video scares me.

because they're not like them

same

lowering the traffic to "one car every six miles" makes it so that you're just driving
I felt the same way at first, but there's something almost meditative about it
I have two monitors, if I've had a bad or tiring day I like to stick an episode of Star Trek on one and play ETS2 on the other, comfiest thing imaginable

wtf? sauce on this?

Because it's comfy and chill and a great time sink.

AAA games don't really interest me so eh.

It's probably cheaper to take up cocaine or meth if you want to rot your brain away. Normal video games are autistic enough, sims are hardcore autistic.

>you should do drugs, it's better than driving pretend trucks on the computer

Nah I'm good thanks. Would rather sink the money wasted on drug addiction into motorcycling and get a better return from it desu.

Best thing to relax if you are tired or just in bad mood. Some chill music, delivery from Spain to Russia and play until you fall asleep.

I used to like Flight Simulator as a kid, but that has autopilot so I can go make a sammich and eat it while the game is going.

>tfw I could just go spend the money on gas and drive around my car
I really don't understand it. If I'm gonna be driving a truck around, I better be getting paid. But I do like taking random drives in the car sometimes. The ~24hr drive from Miami to Chicago is always fun because I get to listen to loud music, smoke way too many Newports, shitpost, and eat candy. All while sleep deprived.

Is that motherfucking calais?

it's meditative

Its relaxing and a good way to catch up with favorite podcasts.

Are you into that retarded ASMR shit too?

Truck drivers should hire security.

Mount a 50 cal on top and whenever you get into these situations just security open fire.

Shame truckers need security these days.

Yes

Anyone else spin tires?

No that's fucking retarded, I only masturbate to trucks

reminds me of the truck driver who got stuck in the tump rally riots
I mean protests
that fucker was stuck for an hour, while nig smacked his truck and broke his dongle lights then sat on the truck like monkeys. He just chilled in his truck till some police and firefighters could get to him. I dont know if I could handle it.

my slav

Self loathing/abuse. People hate themselves.

nah fuck that

i'm not super into sims either but it can be enjoyable and relaxing to play them from time to time

I've tried it. Best description I've heard of it so far is "Going For a Nice Drive Simulator"