>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12078334
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll ask here again I guess. Any mod that makes Charlemagne killable or allows Carloman to be playable? I don't like having an unkillable faction leader

Hey Faggots,
My name is macedon, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-alexanders who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass total wars. You are everything heirofcarthage in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any DiplexHeatedHD? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take a whole new my friends. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on Rome II.
Don't be a friend. Just hit me with your best bow and arrow. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the macedonian army, and starter on my roman legion. What total wars do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn Greek people"? I also get straight A's in my total war studies, and a have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for watching remember to rate and subscribe.
Pic Related: It's me and my bitch

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

How many achievements for Bretonnia will be Monty Python references?

>'Tis but a flesh wound'
>Have one of your lords survive a battle with less than 100 HP

How to test single units in custom battle against each other without generals?

>they capture my matchlock
>they surrender as soon as I click end turn
mods

>How do you know much about swallows?

>Kill a flying lord with a manually aimed trebuchet (or other arty) shot

>Castle Anthrax
>have a maiden and a questing knight in the same castle at the same time

Which of the following is your favourite Total War game?

strawpoll.me/12078334
strawpoll.me/12078334
strawpoll.me/12078334

Which of the following is your favourite Total War game?

HIGH STATE OF DEVELOPMENT

WHEN

Why arent the Romans black people? Why the fuck do British people try to change the truth?

history is written by the victor

I voted for shogun 1, did YOU?

Because "British" people are jealous that it was the BLACK BRITONS (learn your history, WHITE PEOPLE stole Britannia from the BLACK BRITONS and the BLACK PICTS and the BLACK GAELS) that were responsible for them managing to conquer 1/4th of the world.

>presses end turn

what mod in particular?

>presses end turn

As someone who's never played Rome 1 can you tell me why everyone loves it so much? Everyone says its so much better then Rome II but I don't know why.

nice screenshot

because they stay in formation better, cav feels more powerful, better unit icons, you have actual population instead of linear numbers, and mummy egyptians over ptolemy egyptians

about to start my first game of total war ever, playing fots

beginner tips?

For me it was the first total war so I experience other total war games to it. I am sad it is not optimized for new pc's.
It was nice fun :^(

From the pastebin:

Rock paper scissors system means yari beats cavalry beats sword in general. Ex: Head to head, yari samurai will lose to katana samurai. However, many overlook the fact that yari samurai can also be a poorman's shock troop with their high charge bonus (raised even higher through rapid advance) and can support cavalry and catch missile troops. A good commander can negate the system.

Ashigaru are your bread and butter, don’t waste too much money on pure samurai armies to maximize cost effectiveness. Yari wall whenever in combat. Yari ashigaru outside of yari wall have the advantage on cavalry, but they cannot stun-lock and hold back infantry with their pikes if not in yari wall.

Nostalgia

aesthetics, music, weightiness of the units, pre-warscape battles didn't rely on kill moves so were a bit more interesting too watch, better trait system/ancillaries for generals, better interface, great mods

Yari Samurai are the worst unit in the game. And the guy said FotS, god damn.

Only expand when your other states are making a profit of 500

Doing a vh saxon campaign

Is it worth rushing for england?
Is there any way to avoid getting assraped by frankish lancers?

There's no FotS information are the pastebin. What are YOU doing to help?

get a navy.
now
do it
then double it and stretch it out enough to completely blockade your own coasts so you don't lose 16K a turn to bombardment

also naval battles are fuuuuuun.

also also always have at least one unit of artillery to make them walk into your line infantry, and always try to get on a hill.

Attack the Franks early?

If you don't have anything to offer you shut the fuck up instead of posting something irrelevant to the question.

What paradox game is this map a mod for?

the frankish empire was a mistake

As the other user said blockade your territory with ships because the AI loves to spam single gunboat bombardment fleets that just constantly fuck on your economy.

Early on spear levies are extremely good, a charge from them will often break line levy, once the AI starts using line infantry abandon them, they fight better in melee and can actually shoot worth a damn so your spear levy will get shredded on the charge then die in melee.

You'll want artillery in your army at all times if possible, artillery is OP as shit in FotS and the more of it you have the easier the game becomes. Webm slightly related as you can see a lot of AI spearmen and infantry just shattering on the approach as they get bombed to fuck, it also has a hilarious glitch where the artillery crewmen bugged out and thought they were a cannonball.

LAST THREAD HE SAID FEBRUARY
THIS BETTER BE TRUE
I WANT THIS

Slightly similar to this man, I'm starting my second ever campaign as the Hojo, but in base Shogun 2. I'm the guy who eventually got bodied by the Chokosabe in the last thread, and I received some very useful advice, at least in terms of maintaining economy. But I'm still somewhat confused. Should I be devoting different regions to different things, like recruitment, moneymaking, food creation, that kind of stuff? Or is it better to try to have a bit of everything? Also, how useful are samurai actually, compared to ashigaru?

cute babby

>tfw bday on 26th

better be fuckin out by then

ZWEIHANDERS!

and sallets

Is you woke?

I WANT TO BE A MODDER

interesting.

Please stop

MOD ME A GF

I know you're using the "Vassals love you" mod, you fucker. It makes getting vassals way easier because it gives you +300 relations.

E M P I R E

is the only gf you need

>don't have a faction leader because every member of my family died
>general has low loyalty
>am completely unable to secure his loyalty, allowing him to revolt

this campaign is going to be a pain in the ass

I seriously have no fucking clue how to play FOTS naval battles. In shogun I can handle them because they have this whole rock paper scissor mechanic, but in FOTS I get fucked everytime. Every goddamn time my engine explodes after 1 shot or something like that and I can never seem to do any damage to them.

No, just horde it to North Africa and carve yourself a kingdom

For Carthage!

not even. I have a stupid amount of money stockpiled and spent like 100,000+ buying puppet states around the sassykids. I guess they didn't feel like facing a bunch of stacks in its rear.

coulda just suicided him m8

but there's no fun in that

always upgrade your farms, and for economy build sake dens and markets in every province. For recruitment find a province that has bonuses to things like armor or attack, and specialize it to recruit certain types of troops (example: building a smithing building to give +melee attack along with a jujutsu dojo to allow katana samurai recruited in that province to have huge melee attack levels)

I never get civil wars

really? how?

Quads confirm. Post Carthage

Basically you use provinces with armor/charge bonuses to recruit if you have one, the other you just put a market, a whorehouse and a metsuke.
Katana samurai and bow samurai are good, so it hightier cavalry. For spears just use ashigaru with pikewall

What are you supposed to do with Wardancers?

They're expensive and from what I gather they flank and DPS but the cavalry does that better anyway?

>recruit general to deal with traitor army
>he defects the next turn

Normal Wardancers feel a bit superfluous.

The spear variant is real good though

sounds like the first time i played m2 as ingerlund

Their yelling is good

Also beastmen have real probelems dealing with glade riders unless you go full centigor + lore of beasts

>those retinue icons

So CA comes over to you, grabs your ass and says they'll add a single Legendary Lord of your choosing for any of the currently playable factions in TWW, but you have to design them. What's their name /twg/?

you want one gun boat, or anything with 1000 range on its cannon like the kotetsu, then you park oustide of their range, set up your boats in a nice broadside, and start shotting. they either sit and get shot forever, or more likely, have to move into position to fire back, giving you 2-3 broadsides before they can move up and get in position. from there it is just focusing down the right targets, making sure your boats don't do anything stupid, and spamming fast reload.

if you are lucky, which you usually are, the AI will start to fuck up and jumble their ships up like in this webm, making it way easier to shoot unanswered at them, as well as just all in all making a more fun experience of trying to use the obstacles to your advantage.

Spear wardancers can beat minotaurs.

I will need someone to post a Rome 2 Carthage campaign anytime soon.

Otto von Bismarck

Sigmar

This campaign was played 3 years ago. Damn

I'm in the middle of one but can't post because I blocked Veeky Forums on my computer.

So basically swords are meh but spears are good anti-huge and cav?

Damn this is getting old, elves jump to strength rank 1 in 50 turns or less, every campaign, I'm getting salty.

elves > dwarves

I just mashed the two armies together and didn't touch my mouse again until the end of the battle.

thee most annoying campaign of any TW imo

comparison

I started playing total war with medieval 1 + viking invasion. I was one of the few who had the pleasure of playing rome 1 as a brand spanking new game and then seeing things like decisive battles and time commanders being put on air.

Rome total war just blew fucking everyone away at the time, enough for people to make TWO fucking TV shows based on the engine that made the game. How many fucking games result in TV shows being made from the tech that's used to make them? Educational, historical TV shows at that?

It was a fucking dramatic improvement for the series, for gaming in general even, it cemented CA's place in the industry for good. Total war is what CA became wildly famous for in the industry. It defined them, they proved themselves by dropping a fucking masterpiece on the world, it was ambitious as fuck and they didn't just hit the mark, they set the bar for any similar games to come in the future.

Friends who would come over to my house would love to watch me play RTW and provide strategic input. Instead of just fucking making them watch me play I'd let them basically make all or most of the strategic decisions while I actually used the controls and did my best to fight the battles. I'd let the observer play "emperor" if you will, and I was their general.

So many fucking good times with RTW, and it genuinely was groundbreaking for its time.

The spear variant is frankly good enough to use as mainline infantry.

They don't do significantly worse against unarmored infantry and do WAY better against armored and they can run down literally all other infantry in the game.

LIETDORF

Throw him Averland, give him the same VA as Father Grigori from Half-Life 2 and he gets an event similar to the Beastmen where he gets to wild the fuck out for a few turns.

huh???

Sounds like its still vulnerable to aging. I can't see why a fully patched Rome 2 or at least with DeI can't be better.

Is Ancients Empires supposed to be historically accurate?
I decided to download it from all the hype it's gotten, and was surprised with some of the unit roster choices.

>Greataxe warriors

For what purpose.

That was beyond strange. And that's all.
It should be. They did a lot of research

BOII

Warriors with greatweapons are pretty bad they kind of suck.

All the offensive dwarven units suck. Dwarfs killingpower is all in the ranged units. Now if only that would be true for Gyros aswell.

>the AI's face when my meme army is mostly quarrelers and thunderers with a meatshield infantry line to slow them down

Franks forgot to garrison their capital with the Saxon hordes lurking nearby. Guess they weren't such a big deal after all.

Gyros are pretty good, use copters with brimstone to soften up heavily armoured units and bombers to just delete morale when the lines clash. You can also charge them into enemy siege to fuck them up.

Oh I agree with you, I can't play it these days and I would genuinely rather play Rome 2. Rome 2 is more historically accurate, looks better and plays better in most ways. Only thing I'm still a bit bitter about not getting in Rome 2 is family trees but I guess it doesn't really make sense in a republic and the family factions system in Rome 1 was pretty dumb tbqh.

Rome 2 is a great game.

If you want to shot something heavily armored you can just use the Organ Gun or a Thunderer. And the bombs are just too weak for the price of the unit, it is even worse how utterly useless the bomber turns out after dropping the payload.

I think fully buffed Quarrelers end up with just over 50 missile strength, it is ridiculous.

I'm fucking done with this campaign. Apparently some random guy was my faction leader and after he died my power dropped all the way to the bottom, giving -5 loyalty to every character. The game then chose some random guy to be the new high king, but he isn't on the family tree so I am unable to perform any political actions at all and have literally no influence. Its a shame because I had done so well in every other aspect by btfoing england and brettany but this fucking family tree is bugged and is dragging down the campaign. Now ofc idk what to play because I don't feel like playing as the danes again so soon but was having fun w/ AoC