/rsg/ - Runescape General

300% enraged Araxxor edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/memorial-to-guthix--vic-the-trader-returns?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,235,65868158

>Latest BTS
youtu.be/Cl0sRxusTNY

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.de/47z6e2s
twitter.com/SonicRS3/status/818193781065449472
twitter.com/JagexRamen/status/818193933104717824
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for vamp aura

>/rsg/ has been straying further from the path of the /ded/
I don't know how to feel about this

Reminder to vote

Ultimate /rsg/ "Best Runescape time period" poll

strawpoll.de/47z6e2s

Normal spicy stews can only take one type of spice, but with those you can add max doses of all types of spice, letting you boost all your skills.

tfw loved 2010-2012 but also love all the questing and shit thats going on now, its real comfy

Where were you when Reddit literally and unironically saved the upcoming hard mode Nex boss?

I miss going on pk trips with my clan and having wars right before the f2p gate.

now all clans are for skilling only and the only use the wildy gets is warbands.

I guess I mainly loved 2010-2012 because thats when my friends actually still played the game
and now they just laugh at me

Did I miss a steam or something today?

How?
What happened?

>unironically saved
Is it confirmed to have a reward chest for every participant?

Or is it now just bullshit "whichever dps faglord gets lucky while actual roles do the work and get shafted"

I never had real life friends that played Runescape, but that was the period I had the most ingame friends, by far.

My friends all played Habbo Hotel before I told them about RS in like 2006, most of them haven't stopped playing since.

I had IRL friends that played RS 2005-2008

Only two but it was nice

I remember I always reported my friends at every opportunity, I was hoping to become a pmod.

I had like one, but I mostly mean in game. I used to level and quest with a few people back then, it was really fun, but they moved on to korean grindfests that I just don't enjoy at all. We're still friends, but I'm pretty much the odd one out since I play this game (or at least, I used to, I like looking in the gen but don't have enough income to keep playing anymore)

>but they moved on to korean grindfests
Ironically enough the only MMO I played with friends was Ragnarok around 2006.

>tfw your friends list went dead years ago

Ramen decided to scrap everything he'd made regarding the loot system in order to remake it. Previously it was apparently similar to Vorago's loot distribution but he's supposedly going to make it fairer for the entire team.

>201 greater demons task
>mfw entering Kril's room

what ever happened to that dynerdos guy?

we got uwu'd

does festive aura work all year or is the examine text accurate
because i just used it the other day and it still worked.

how to predict and avoid kril's 6k damage move.

any alt1 users can tell me if droplogger is worthless since runegame has one now?

cosmetic only

Should just give everyone who damaged it equal chance at every drop. I assume it'll have multiple drops like Vorago.

oh okay.

droplogger for alt1 is shit. most of alt1 is shit actually except for meg answers, dgkey, and rswiki.

isnt dg key redundant now too?;o

>tfw been playing since 05 and prefer currentscape to all previous versions
going on classic every now and then is fun though

why would it be redundant? i don't know of any function in game that allows you to map keys.

pressing alt1 on doors is annoying but it's better than having autists call out "y pent sw"

I miss the community but thats just because it was a bunch of little kids who didn't know how to properly play
it made the world feel more alive but meh

:3 they keys are shared now
worst someone can do is not tell you where it is/put item over it

>:3 they keys are shared now
that doesn't tell you where they are. the main reason for using dgkey (at least for me) is being able to mark where i put my gate, what keys are where, where ggs is, etc.

>I assume it'll have multiple drops like Vorago.
Yes, but the problem is that the fight apparently will require some players to take on certain roles and if these end up being vital to ensuring a successful kill and require more effort than just plain DPSing the player(s) should be eligible for slightly more loot without penalising the rest of the party

debilitate around the 23 second mark or kill him before that is what i'm doing

All team bosses should be like rise of the six tbqh

debilitate or kill him in under 20 seconds is the only way to avoid it.

I agree, but

>tfw too poor to acquire refined anima core

>Rampage Mk XIII: kill 12 level 120+ monsters
what's a good source of those?

No that's dumb. It just leads to hogging roles like with vorago where everyone wants to base/bt for vit. Raids has no problem with people taking roles even though everyone gets the same loot.

any boss

prif elves if want it done in two minutes

I think muspah count

Yet base/north tanking is a lot harder than afk dpsing yet both players get the same shit. I agree that everyone who participated should get a reward if they score a kill, but I am also not entirely opposed to a system that encourages people to do more than just leeching off those willing to put in effort. It doesn't even have to be a major benefit. In the case of raids it could be something minor like changing the achto drop rate of the person who had Yaka's aggro the most/used planks to close a pool/poisoned yaka/LITERALLY ANYTHING from 1:20 to 1:19

Fuck I hate fishing.
Someone fucking slay me or get me to 93.

>crystalize to 90
>arc fish to 93
Don't see problem

fishing kills me in some other way.
Don't have a problem with crystallize teaks or divination or other skills, but fishing has always just been that one skill for me.

What about something like this?

>roles get 100% drops
>top dps gets 100% drops
>non-role dps get rewards proportional to their dps relative to the top dps

The idea being to punish the leechdps you often see on raid teams, but also reward proper dps, which is as important as any role.

does this part actually matter and affect something in any way?

While this works on paper I feel like this is going to result in scenarios where newer/less experienced players will end up getting jackshit even if they make an attempt OR scenarios where the pure-DPSer actively will try to find less experienced players to '''''help out''''' with the kill in order to ensure that he gets the 100% drop slot guaranteed for being the best DPSer

It's a hopeless situation with no perfect solution

guess right and itll be closer to a perfect order or some junk

no

How about
>All participants gets a drop
>Top dps gets an additional role at pet/unique
>essential roles get an additional role at pet/unique

>Hey user do you wanna kill AOD
>Sure, do you mind if I try to learn how to [role]?
>No fuck off I want the pet

>role
roll* where applicable

>forgot about Miscellania
>approval rating now 25%

Then just grind normal nex?

This is basically how vorago works though and means no one will want to dps or do a role deemed nonessential (like TL5)

gz

AOD will have a different pet

>basically how vorago works
Except not really
Participants aren't guaranteed a drop at vorago

No one is going to settle for a single drop when they could get a double drop

Sauce?

Is there a reason to train agility after 80?

max cape

Somewhere, might have been one of the videos or dev streams
Why the fuck would I save the link to whereever that was confirmed and why would I lie in

>you cant cut the trees near this hunter spot that requires logs.

There was until the run update.

It isn't a double drop

It's a second roll.

>roll drop
>pet/unique granted?
>if no check for role
>if player performed role, roll again

>Somewhere, might have been one of the videos or dev streams
There's only been one dev stream since Nex: AOD was announced and they didn't mention there being a new pet

>one of the videos or dev streams
>Nex announced in the year ahead video on sunday
>no mention of pet
>Dev stream today
>no mention of pet

You're talking out of your ass. There's probably going to be a new pet but it hasn't been confirmed

They said on twitter or soemthign
I saw on reddit

mining was *that* skill for me that I dreaded training because I was too shit to set up mousekeys
I'm so glad the ui lets you practically instantly drop entire inventories of shit with only one button
makes skills like fishing and mining a lot more bearable for those mid levels.

you should be doing lava geysers until seren stones anyway.

I found it literally just now after googling for less than a minute. Unfortunately it turned out I misremembered; it was neither a video or a stream, but it's an official confirmation regardless.

Again, why would I ''''''talk out of my ass'''''''? Literally what would I gain?

once you hit 90 you get to mine stackable salt in the arc ;D

twitter.com/SonicRS3/status/818193781065449472
twitter.com/JagexRamen/status/818193933104717824
literally google "nex new pet"

what's gonna be the explanation for some swarthy shithole in the middle of the desert being more advanced and having tougher skills needed (particularly slayer) than the city of elves?

The fact that there hardly is anything hostile inside Prif except Edimmus and shadow creatures?

>literally google "nex new pet"
funny, I did

Menaphos isn't going to be better than Prif. They said today in the stream that it's not meant to compete with it but offer different content. It's not going to be "end game" or require all of the desert quests to enter

The desert was a wonderland of cool happenings until Tumeken blew it up. Elves were always hippies, with or without Seren.

What's the explanation for a bunch of wood dwelling elves who resurrected an ancient city being more advanced than a city of humans who have lived and prospered in a desert for hundreds of years?

they said its going to be a more dangerous yet more rewarding version (except its jagex so who knows)
while prif is all about afk, I assume menaphos is going to be a lot more interactive

you googled "new nex pet", not "nex new pet"

how foolish of me

Changing the order of the words won't change anything since google uses your previous search terms to find whatever it thinks you might be looking for
One of you's probably been goggling Rs-related things more than the other, but none the less it should still be possible to find the tweet. You'll just have to step up your google-fu game.

elves have been there for way longer as shown by Eluned being there by the time the first humans settled on gielinor, not to mention Elves have advantage because they nourished on Seren's teat for their technology and their secluded nature helped them prosper and avoid wars (mostly) and shit.

I eventually got it by searching "nex new pet ramen twitter"

didn't know your google only showed 6 results
mine usually have lots of pages with 10 results in each

It's cropped but you'll have to take my word that the next 4 results were 3 more nex killing videos and a pet food website

eh, whatever, you eventually saw the tweets

that's why you just link people when they ask for sauce, n00b

I did, i'm not the first guy

my first post in all of this was

when's the last time you unironically used the word ''noob'' in the game?

Why would I spoonfeed someone that accuses me of making shit up when I get no benefit from it

138 guy crashed me (123) at nechs and proceeded to die 6 minutes later

came back and said that "he forgot soul split and went afk"

Like 2008?

realized I didn't answer when on last week