Any love for the Golf R? I'm thinking about test driving one this weekend

Any love for the Golf R? I'm thinking about test driving one this weekend.

Other urls found in this thread:

vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-project-introduction/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-dismantling-begins/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-rear-end-removal/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-cutting-and-splicing/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-surgery-complete/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-suspension-and-brakes/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-engine-work-begins/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-putting-it-back-together/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-final-push-to-sema-show/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish they'd take the Golf R drivetrain, drop it into the Beetle R-Line, and call it the Super Beetle.
I'd buy that.
>just roasting people in a Beetle
ugh. That'd be a dream come true

fucking yawn

Is it made in Mexico for the US market?

I actually looked this up. Nope. US model Golf R's are built in Germany.

>40k for a hatchback
>not getting a mustang gt premium
>can't get cooled seats or a heated steering wheel
even if you didn't want a mustang there are way better cars for the money.

>not getting a mustang gt premium
Every fucking redneck in West Texas drunk on that oilfield money has this car, and it's only going to get worse as the price of oil goes up.

>mustang
you faggot you could get a z06 for that money

fucking homo get the dick out of your mouth and anus you faggot

literally assmad gm. corvette is a good choice though. but op is probably a cuck that "needs" 4 doors.

Anyone else care to weigh in on the Golf R?

It's a more refined, more expensive, and less fun Focus RS.

It's a good car if that's what you're looking for.
I personally would spend my money on an older STI and use the extra money to really clean it up everywhere and boost the power a bit. If I was looking for a hot hatch anyways.

>cuck for buying a normal car
>buying a hairdresser midlife crisis-mobile like a mustang or corvette isn't cuck

right....

sure but there are a lot of cars I would get first for that price

I have just the thing for you

what could one get for 40k with more than 5 cylinders?

fat, slow and bland. a true VAGina mobile

I own a MK7 GTI myself. I honestly have more fun than my previous 400hp sedan (jag s-type r). Tons of utility. The golf r will probably be my first purchase out of college.

The Golf R is just one of those cars, it's fast, it's practical, it's probably quite nice.

But, it just does nothing for me

Mustang GT.
Camaro 1SS.

Go drive your stupid ass cars that scream how insecure you are.

no

>t. professional busrider

A nice used M3 or C63 AMG. Don't get one with over 30k miles.

The Golf R will probably be the most dependable thing in your life. If you're the type of person who has saved your birthday money since you were 13, it's the car for you.

I lol'd

Its a golf.. Boring.

It's funny because it's true

What is?

there's nothing wrong with a boxster

if you're a cute girl, twink or trap

Why did you brought it up in a Golf thread?

I'm betting 100 bucks you've never driven a 911, boxster, cayman or any other Porsche.

Yup you are just an underaged shitposter or worse someone over the age of 18 that uses buzzwords on a tawainese cartoon forum

right, but it's not a Beetle.

i didnt bring it up he did

What's so femine about a sports roadster?

also
>cute girl=trap
I'm wondering what are you into.
And why a regular women couldn't drive a boxster?
lel

Calm your butt.

How about the sporty Golf version?

VW Vortex actually that concept. They started with a 2012 Beetle Turbo. Welded in the trunk floorpan from the MK6 Golf R, swapped over the Golf R suspension with a custom prop shaft to the back, and a custom tuned Haldex controller. Up front, they swapped the Beetle Subframe for one from an Audi TTRS. They tried using the Golf R subframe but it wouldn't bolt up. Then the Golf R transmission and transfer case, VW Racingline big brakes, coilovers, and sway bars. Custom wheels, and then a body kit imported from Japan.
After all this work, they didn't have time to paint the car, so they had it wrapped in a vinyl very close to the color of VW's Raclineline division's signature blue.
While all that was going on, the standard Beetle Turbo 2.0L EA888 engine was built up to over 500 HP.
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-project-introduction/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-dismantling-begins/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-rear-end-removal/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-cutting-and-splicing/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-surgery-complete/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-suspension-and-brakes/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-engine-work-begins/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-putting-it-back-together/
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle-final-push-to-sema-show/

>Focus RS
Isn't the RS hard to get?

A
FUCKING
EGG

Does the Golf R have torque steer?

Used Audi s4

I miss my old GTI. Fuck this Mustang. I'm old and want a decent interior when I'm driving now. I don't pull hectic skids on the road anymore. The golf r looks great, I'd take it over a GT premium.

Sounds like this may change soon though

I sorta wish this were sold in the states but I guess the sort of testing cars have to go through to be sold in the U.S. has stopped VW from bringing it in, as they fear it'll just cannibalize Golf sales. I've heard it can cost as much as $100 million to sell a car here although that sounds really hard to believe.

Safety testing is very expensive.

I'm not there yet financially but when I am in a few years I was looking at a Golf R.

What are some cars that are fast/fun to drive.

25k- 35k would be a good range I guess.

For context. I drive a 2006 Chevy Malibu LS that was given to me. I hate not being able to accelerate. I think it has less than 150hp.