Would you Veeky Forums?

Would you Veeky Forums?

Fucking trucks are so expensive, god damn inflation.

Other urls found in this thread:

americasminitruckcenter.com/
americasminitruckcenter.com/americas-mini-trucks.php?tid=69
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

White in the snow looks so fucking cool.

I'd go for a Coloraydo with the baby diesel or a normal sized GM with the baby diesel if I'm spending that much on a truck.

it's not inflation user. it's that those are midsized truccs now and no longer "small"
also the amount of technology that goes into the TRD skim.

TRD extended cab 4x4 in manual is pretty cheap for 32k. or buy a ranger/colorado/taco from 2010 right now and trade it in for a 2017 taco in 2020

start small they said, you can afford a lil truck

lol still $10,000

i thought about it but got a better deal on a gmc canyon that i like more

Tacomas and Wranglers keep their value better than any other automobile on the planet. For the simple reason supply:demand

They are very desirable. They are also they only vehicles where buying new isn't entirely wasting money. My buddy was offered a 2016 Tacoma for his '15, for only like $1,500 more. Same package pretty much. 4x4 and tech package

Lol aren't those things like 4" from scrapping the ground?

its got a removable air dam that kills approach angle somewhat but sits as high as any full-size 4x4 i've seen

Only the front air dam drags. You can take it off or get a shorter one.

>Tacomas and Wranglers keep their value better than any other automobile on the planet.
False. They just have a longer depreciation cycle.
That means new models lose less value than others, but older models lose more value than other models.

Well, I was talking about the TRD pro specifically. I get what you are saying though and are correct.

It is a pretty cool truck, just don't need to buy something like that because I would end up dumping a shit ton of money into it or I would try jumping it.

Ahh i guess it is just a plastic panel. When I see them in person, I just think of how silly a truck looks so close to the ground, with the rest of it high up. I guess that's why I like 'yotas more. Tons of clearance. For function and aesthetic. I've nearly ripped my exhaust off from not having good departure angle

I am a big fan of the Ridgeline too for its practicality and the trunk. It comes in handy camping, going out doors, and track day shit. I just wish the truck didn't look so fucking soft.

I have the G1 right now, love the ride and everything about it besides its ugly as fuck.

tiny dick tax

I'm cucked into not building my truck. Instead, I get to build a side x side. The miss loves it too. :)

>the amount of technology that goes into the TRD skim
You don't need technology to get you from one end of the trail to the other. That's like buying a game only to let a bot play for you.

Ex gf had a Denali HD with a Duramax. I'll admit that it was insanely overpriced and I will also admit that I miss that truck more than her :(

Basically "PLZ BUY MY SHIT CHEVY, SO I CAN GET A PROPER TRUKK"

if i ever planned to do any crawling or anything i'd definitely remove the dam but then again im not going to beat up my only vehicle

stop being a faggot and take it off right now, and get the front leveled cause it looks like a work truck, with Add-A-Leaf springs for heavy loads of semen hauling

Yes you are right. But the technology is still there and a reason why this can cost that much.

"technology" to make up for poor driver skill. Lol it isn't hard to properly operate a clutch pedal, use 4-Lo properly, and steer a fuckin wheel.

That crawl setting is nice, but the selector switch bullshit is such a gimmick. It saddens me people go in debt and get sold into that crap. Oh, and axles that don't truly lock.

i aint doin shit to it while im in school except getting step bars and and the gmc light bar setup but gotta wait till i sell my dakota to do those

It's tech that shouldn't be there in the first place. If you use it more than twice a year, then you should be experienced enough not to need it.

Only if they brought the regular cab back.

Step Bars. The ultimate manlet accessory

Single cab trucks suck. I've had a few single cab work trucks over the years. Now have an extended cab. It's nice to have the extra space for tools and whatever else.

If it's a truly dedicated off roader, ok, single cab.

Isuzu o how i miss u

>Single cab trucks suck

Sure, for a work truck, but I don't use my truck as a work truck so I prefer a regular cab. I don't need the extra space, I'd rather have a shorter truck and fit into tighter spaces on the trail.

bruh i'm long and skinny as fuck i'm like thinman but it doesnt have a handle for the drivers side which always upsets me with vehicles

Are they offering a Supercharger for the new 3.5L V6 like they did with the old 4.0L V6?

I had a 2010 model year and it was fucking unkillable and fun.

I just want a newer truck that's
>cheap
>small bed
>seats three
>maybe 2+2 -at best-
>i4 or v6
>radio
>cloth seats you don't give a shit about
>shitty plastic interior you don't give a shit about
>can actually fucking park it
I want a truck that actually works like a truck and not a country music buick.
I want a Ford Ranger or one of the other small trucks and fuck you for ruining that.

I'm not disagreeing with you. All I'm doing is answering OP's question on why it's so expensive :^(((

you can get the ranger when it comes back in a few short years

>implying it won't be X-Box HUEG

you are a man of exquisite taste

>wants a truck that works like a truck

>wants the smallest bed possible
>wants pathetic payload
>wants to be able to park in the "compact vehicle only" spots downtown with ease even though he can't fucking park
Stop paying more for shittier stuff just to make sure people think you don't care what they think.

Go buy a single cab k2500 with a big block and shut the fuck up.

>5000 lbs is pathetic payload

okay buddy

Your parents never loved you and everyone hates your glorified luxury car. It has shitty gas mileage for no good reason. Very few people actually tow things with their truck. Your heated leather seats don't fool anyone. You don't work with your truck.

What I want from a truck is a practical vehicle with very few if any comforts. That's decent on gas mileage, and boots around the city. So I can do my contracting work easily enough. A big truck is a pain in the ass to drive all day. A van has lots of blind spots, and is less practical overall than a truck. Though it does shelter everything.

A buddy of mine runs a transit for his roofing job. That works well for him. But he has all sorts of loose materials and needs ladders.

basic pleb-mobiles have been around for over a century

it's now time to progress and move on to bigger and better trucks tho

be me

drive gmc 2500 4 door long bed. park in tiny, fucked up gas stations all the time for work

Wish I had heated seats, that's a useful feature

I had a Ford Transit at a previous company. It got awful gas mileage and was a safety hazard to merge on highways with.

Ram Promaster City's are neat little vans though.

all i need is a basic pleb mobile. a new basic pleb mobile. fuck man, can i not just get a purely utility vehicle for less than $13k new?

manual fucking everything, doesn't even have to have AC.

desu i'd rather have the cucc trucc

safety standards. The little sideways stool seats in S10's would never fly in today's Liberal ruled world. Hopefully trump man can negate some bullshit EPA and other laws, and we can have some cool cars and trucks. People make fun of Volvo for being safety nuts. Nowadays the most basic cars have like 6 airbags. And Corollas can cost $25k.

Side by sides can be street legal in Arizona and a few other non-liberal states. They fit the needs pretty damn good.

Sadly i got to drive hours away to have real fun.

Ransford living ghost town, CALI

So if it's legal and registered in AZ, can I drive it in California?

No, and you can't wear your 1911 on your hip either, you commie fuck

My ram 1500 can pull 7000 legally, and even that's gay.

americasminitruckcenter.com/

again, these are super cool, but not legal in fucked states

Daihatsu makes a 2016 super basic mini truck for about $16,000 USD.

americasminitruckcenter.com/americas-mini-trucks.php?tid=69

LOL nigger, I don't mean cruzing through Santa Cruz on one.

I have seen them on the road by the Salton Sea, I'm just wondering if it is legal-ish

if i was going to get one of those little cab overs i'd import one of the 1.5 tonners from japan. 10k towing capacity, super simple diesel, turn radius smaller than a mini.

miatas have this issue as well. they drop like rocks used, then stop at 10 grand for a long time.

Things that won't happen.
You seriously believe he's gonna be different from obummer or busch?
Come on now. You just lost your health care. You won't be able to afford your diabeetus meds, user.

>SUPER Offroad: The baja soundtrack blasts in my head
>hitting nitrous on top of a hill
ARIBA!

so $50000

Naw, i have a normal sized penis and do not need the space that the bed gives.

Dat nostalgia

>5000 lbs is pathetic payload
97 ranger is 1100-1620 with 1300-2300 trailering. You can buy a slightly larger single cab that'll tow 10,000lbs no problem.

>everyone hates your glorified luxury car.
Didn't know a single cab long bed 1 ton 4x4 was a "glorified luxury car"

>It has shitty gas mileage for no good reason
15mpg combined in a 4x4 1 ton.
Most Rangers are 16-17 combined.
So both are shit, but one has the power and capability as a reason for being shit. What reason does the Ranger have for shitty fuel economy?

>Very few people actually tow things with their truck
I do.

>Your heated leather seats don't fool anyone.
They're cloth seats, half a step up from the vinyl base model.

>You don't work with your truck.
Oh, but I do. And as someone that works with my truck I could tell you that I'd NEVER buy a Ranger and would be hard pressed to even buy a 1/2 ton.

>What I want from a truck is a practical vehicle with very few if any comforts.
Maximum utility does not require minimum comfort. Shop around and you can find both. Mine having carpet, cloth seats, and power windows/locks rather than vinyl/manual everything doesn't make it any less useful as a work truck.

>A big truck is a pain in the ass to drive all day.
Depends on the truck. Crew cab long bed dually with bed rail toolboxes is pain to drive, yes. Single cab long bed with a box in the bed is extremely easy to drive.

Look for something like this. Not mine but looks about the same, this one might even have leather.

Where can I get a f250 with a super short box?

>Your parents never loved you and everyone hates your glorified luxury car. It has shitty gas mileage for no good reason.
agreed, pertaining to retards who buy high-end trucks

>Very few people actually tow things with their truck. Your heated leather seats don't fool anyone. You don't work with your truck.
Speak for yourself, fucko. You're projecting; just because you don't have a use for a truck doesn't mean others don't need them.

>What I want from a truck is a practical vehicle with very few if any comforts. That's decent on gas mileage, and boots around the city. So I can do my contracting work easily enough. A big truck is a pain in the ass to drive all day.
Base models do exist, you know.

>A van has lots of blind spots, and is less practical overall than a truck. Though it does shelter everything.
This is a valid point, but an invalid complaint. Vans are very much so still around.

Have fun crawling up hills on the highway doing 50mph. 150hp moving 9000lbs is a bad idea in North America.

nevar5get ;-;

i love small trucks like this, but you're basically driving around a technical

Why the fuck would you do that? What warrants owning such a small truck but having the need for at least a three quarter ton rating?

Rangers are also twenty years old, you mong.

fuck trucks where you can't roll down side walls

So's the truck I was comparing it to.

Fuck yes.

>more practical than 71% of American trucks

Where do you put a skid of plywood?

On the trailer where it belongs. 2900 lbs tow rating with trailer brakes where I live.

I don't think Australia has discovered building with wood yet. I think they still use bricks and mud.

Would do you put your $4,500 worth of HVAC equipment?

You anti-truck guys are the biggest cucks I've ever come across on this site

>Have fun crawling up hills on the highway doing 50mph

50 mph is how fast i drive anyways.

Why is it so hard for Europe to build a normal looking trailer?

>Would do you put your $4,500 worth of HVAC equipment?

get a panel van with no windows. weld in a security cage and install a bronx lock on the rear doors.

the small S-10's are 5k. the Isuzu's and Mitsubishis are both 3500.

thats plenty.

thats

Got a 95 t100 for 2400 120000 miles.

No one needs to be buying new trucks at the ridiculous pricing.

G1¿

>Fucking trucks are so expensive, god damn inflation.
>inflation

Try ridiculous government regulations for safety and efficiency

Yeah it doesn't work like that when you live somewhere with rust.

How is requiring a trailer for the most common building materials more convenient than not requiring a trailer?

Kind of hard to get it out of a panel van with a crane.

97 S-10 is 1171-1547lbs.

I live right by the damn gulf of mexico and no rust problems.

I've never lived where it snows though.

Sorry should've got the undercoat eh?

The fucking chicken import tax ruined small trucks.

Trump should change it but it goes against his policy

Undercoats don't stand a chance against magnesium chloride and 30 degree temperature swings. Brand new cars and trucks on the lot already have surface rust and pitting.

chicken import tax was made well before small trucks started to die. blame CAFE

The chicken tax didn't do shit. People in America have always liked bigger cars and trucks even before it was a thing.

Then make allowances for imports of small trucks instead since the market is underserved in the US, so shitty rangers dont get traded around by hicks and teens for eternity.

Reminds me of cuba

Normal people don't want small trucks though... Why is this so hard to understand?

>Then make allowances for imports of small trucks instead since the market is underserved in the US, so shitty rangers dont get traded around by hicks and teens for eternity.

fucking this.

5k+ for a decent 1980's diesel mitsubishi is fuckin' retarded.

>the ranger wouldn't have gone the way of the tacoma anyway
You'd be complaining both ways.

It does suck that JUST when Ford made the OHV 4.0 engine reliable and solid, they discontinued them. My 2010 can drive for another 100 000miles without needing shit and that's the ways I likes it. Plus parts are ridiculously easy to acquire as whale (reminds me of cuba).

We can build all sorts of trailers, it's just that for private scale operations dimensions are more important than a slightly lower center of gravity.

Why can't Americans build trailers with axles in the center so that half the weight doesn't rest on the trailer hitch?

maybe he likes diesels and the looks.

Yes they do. 4x4 2007-2011 and younger Rangers, Colorados, Dakotas, etc easily can easily fetch $7000-$10000

Also this. 80s and 90s small trucks are getting expensive and climbing up in pricing now.

I don't think the legally blind are allowed to drive.

>80s and 90s small trucks are getting expensive and climbing up in pricing now.

Saw this on the road today. Looked weird from the front, too