/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skill autism, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/125495-patch-notes-december-28th/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/up-max-size-of-the-breast-black-desert.8629/

>Is it P2W?
There is paid convenience features and plenty of Costumes. Most of these costumes and only a few convenience features can be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps and weekly selling limits of cash shop items restrict profit. One cannot P2W over a dedicated/no life player.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
dulfy.net/category/bdo/
reddit.com/r/IntrepidusGaming/wiki/blackdesertonline
reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5heygy/guide_from_0_to_competitive_in_3_months/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o-7VsgrofTxF4-gXc5CpcDsSHYr9zUbrq5d6Fzgp3Hk/edit#gid=0 (Outdated)
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E/mobilebasic

>World bosses, wild horses, leveling, and other locations
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-12.64/-61.70
somethinglovely.net/bdo/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cassardis.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/cqiCM
imgur.com/a/FZmwV
imgur.com/a/2zvPG
imgur.com/a/n3eKO
imgur.com/a/jq06Q
imgur.com/a/jA4UM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NA is nice and full of friendly people

REMINDER

INCOMING
ERP valk cassardis.imgur.com/
Titty Kuno imgur.com/a/cqiCM
Milfsorc imgur.com/a/FZmwV
Cyclops imgur.com/a/2zvPG
Tattoo imgur.com/a/n3eKO
CutestTamer imgur.com/a/jq06Q
Horsefucker imgur.com/a/jA4UM

They seem nice, except for the RP chat. That place is a little crazy.

On a side not, what are these new awakened bosses they're adding? I'm glad to see they're bringing back the Laventia event for another 14 days, although with the reduced number of days unless you have 12 pearls saved you won't be getting that big box. Contemplating just gambling with the 28 Gold Rings you can make vs the guaranteed lesser box with a MoS, Witch, etc.

Post MEN

Haven't played since the first 2 months of launch. Tell me, should I come back?

How would we know?

I am curious about a sorc or a witch for an alt. I don't see that many sorcs around which makes me want them even more. But the potential of a witch when it comes to blowing stuff up seems high. Any suggestions?

75% of the cucks in this thread are Sorcs.

I have 60m, can I hit trio?

TRI what?

Bares

tri awakening

Yes.
If you're lucky.

horse

and tri is what, 35 stacks?

What is the cheapest way to get failstacks?

enchanting reblath, bought from velia

How do I reach high stacks?

Mine keeps succeeding at like +10.

nigga are you fucking stupid?

this is RNG: The game, as it's being said at least 5 times in every new general.

keep dumping more blackstones into the armor and pray

wew this thread is dead without waifus

Let me fix that.

should I just build failstacks with the armor I'm using right now? it's heve + zereth shoes. I don't really see a point for not doing that, maby it's a bit more expensive than reblath armor, but I get better armor as I don't even have +15 yet

I'm a new player with a ranger at level 50. My weapon is +15 rosar and the rest of my gear is +5 heve. I have an ogre ring and CG ring along with around 25 mil silver. Should I sell my expensive accessories? I read that getting a good awakening weapon is important. Should I focus on that first?

you're 50
unless you're getting powerleveled at pirates by guildies you don't even want to think about awakening
go make money, stop thinking too far in the future

How does knowledge work. If I get a C on a mob, do I have to reset my knowledge and try again for higher. Or kill more and itll go higher?

You want A+ or S on any monster that you plan on killing often for loot, you can reset knowledge entries of ecology at the valkirye library for energy

nice Shunya template faggot

nigga what kind of shit advice was that?
both of those accessories you don't need, yes. you can sell them for considerable cash (make sure you have value pack on when doing so) and improve the rest of your gear. a tri bares necklace will replace the ap from ogre easily, while costing about 20 times less, if not more

the ring you can easily replace with a duo/tri ring of good deeds, super cheap. or even a duo/tri red coral ring for a little extra DP

you can then put the rest of your money into enchanting your heve, or better yet, just buying +15 straight from the marketplace.

desu i'm not aware of ranger playstyle entirely, i know they become a mix of melee and range later on but what i'd do is try to get a +15 heve helm and armor, ulting them, then try getting to atleast duo. stick with the +5 gloves and boots, no need to waste too much cash on that. the idea is that heve helm and armor, combined with muskan shoes and bheg (boss boots and gloves) is consider "endgame" set

you should also have some left over cash for when you get your awakening. i'd advice getting a green awakening weapon to +15 for starters, which shouldn't be too hard.

and lastly, for earrings and belt, i'd suggest red coral earrings for the extra accuracy. they can get to be quite expensive but are worth it in my opinion. for belt, just get something with AP. ancient weapon, shultz, whatever

sell the ogre ring, buy a liverto +15 from the money.
Get a Grunil set +7 with the rest of the money and start exploring Mediah if you already did all the black spirit quests.

Is Daum Cash ever on sale? I played TERA at some point and it had Happy Hours sometimes where the cash shop currency was on sale.

It did not go on sale a single time so far.

I'm here to save the thread.

Don't know why I expected someone from IC
I miss those guys
Threads been shit since they left

I want to be friends with Bimbo-chan! (I was in the same BnS guild as you.)

Slut

POST QT DROW SLUTS

Oh okay. The cosmetics and the other stuff are really expensive in this game.

Theses already went on sale multiple times, though

Ah, so the items themselves go on sale instead of the currency?

Yes. There even was a special black friday sale where you could buy items for straight money between -30% and -60%

So if im new to the game i should wait to the next deals to get my pets?

that or try your luck in the marketplace bidding for pets

6 HOURS FOR A FUCKING PATCH UPDATE GOOOOOOOOOOKS??!??!?

holy shit this general is more dead than bnsg

>game is dead during mainteanance
who would've thought

Is there any guild on EU?

so where are they?

>maintenance still going
>"where is evdry1"
autism

ded

Make your bow ultimate and get it to PRI, keep heve gloves and helmet and get grunil chest and boots.

Not sure if you are using rosar offhand too but in that case get a steel dagger instead for grinding PvE.

2.55gb patch. Holy shit literally nothing was added.

In terms of code that is a lot.
If it's all textures and models then not so much.

Patches for this game are so massive, I don't really get it.

~8 months until dark night on EU/NA

i hope you enjoy your literally non-existent content

faggot

true

Slut

n0 u

post boobies

>boobies
underage detected

who told this old fart he'd make it as postermodel?

he looks so fucking dead inside.

>Extended maintenance
At this point i shouldn't be surprised anymore. At least i have time to go grab some pizza now from local pizzeria.

i can't, not using any LEWD mods

>boobies
fuck is wrong with u

how long is it extended for?

and is this the maint that is taking away those attendance rewards?

>Maintenance extended

Oh, shoot. I'll play something else.

how do I get a korean gf

1 hour and not sure about that. They should end at 11th day but you never know.

>tfw I can't make a qt drow waifu

Get rich.

Dead game

>Twitter

BnS has ~80k followers
GW2 has 322k Followers
Archeage has ~48k followers
TESO has almost 700k followers
FFXIV has 133k followers
SWTOR has 280k followers

>google analytics
BDO searches are grossing on the lowest 5% in the gaming sector while, as direct comparison, Clash of Clans and LoL are 1 and 2
As another comparison, GW2 is in the 45%, and TESO is in the 30%. World of Warcraft is ranking #25 in the list.

Content patches are slow, the game is severely lacking behind KR. Game masters have many times shown that they know nothing about this game and basically all online communities (Veeky Forums, neocuck, plebbit, discords, twitch, youtube content) are on an all time low, no new content is being made, the amount of OC(guides, as example) of the game is hilariously low and e ven games like DFO have more people doing that shit.

So all in all, after all consideration, server merges, AFK fishers and renaming of daum, we can say this game is on the brink of death.

Id say at the end of 2017 EU and NA will be merged and another year at max until PA closes the servers.

what is this turboautism

I love making new friends! You're more than welcome to hang with me!
Still amazed anyone remembers me from BnS lol

>Content patches are slow
>patch every month
>slow

>the game is severely lacking behind KR
>almost entirely caught up
>in less than a year

You blew it, it could've been a decent bait

By twitter results you would say that FFXIV is dead even tho its most played mmo after wow? Also swtor/TESO has that many followers even tho their games has below 50k players probably.

>Always nice
>Funny
>Cute
>Polite

Why is Bimbo-chan so perfect?

fucking BDO has maybe 10k active players, 5k if you remove the 10000million fishing bots

ok

Nice proofs you got there m8

ok

you realize this game is supposed to have a small community based on niche interests, right?

Read the fucking OP

so you defend the game being that and no adjustments being taken to open it to a wider western audience?

I like that it has a small community.
It's more like a single player game with co-op functionality anyway, you really don't need to interact with another person ever.

>let me just pull numbers out of my ass

yes!, its what I paid for, I don't need more people playing, theres already a nice community, and the pve is usually pretty full of other players

I don't think you get what the idea of this game is about, and if they opened it up to a wider western audience, it would either become more pay 2 win to appease/milk those people, or they would make changes in favor of the majority that ruin the stuff that makes the game great

maybe this game isnt for you bro, not every game has to be a AAA blockbuster 19billion playing at any time

its just a different game, user said it really well

its based on niche interests, it really doesnt need a big population for the game to work as long is maintains what it has and the whales don't quit

you are whats wrong with gaming

I can only imagine how shitty this game would be if it catered to a "wider western audience"

fuck man its already bad enough we get redditards coming up and getting in my way while grinding, ON PURPOSE, then saying
"flagging up is a voluntary action, you choose to karma bomb yourself, you are a bad person *makes a server announcement telling everyone you are red karma and what channel you are on*"

FUCK NORMALFAGS, THEY DONT UNDERSTAND KOREAN ETTIQUETTE AND IT MAKES ME SO UPSET THEY WANT THIS GAME TO BE LIKE GUILD WARS 2 WHERE EVERYONE WANTS TO HOLD FUCKING HANDS AND "WHY DONT U JUST USE UR WORDS U MEANIE, IM GONNA REPORT U TO REDDIT"

FUCK IM MAD

this isnt a western game to begin with, you basically just want a different game

>tfw this has happened to me

thanks, i was almost out of (You)'s but you guys keep me floatin

>KOREAN ETTIQUETTE
Are you retarded? Most people don't flag at all which is considerably different compared to us where every one flags for the smallest thing.