/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft.

>Guilds:
- Horde
- Alliance

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5n86kq/region_lock/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

erp

reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5n86kq/region_lock/

Discuss.

What talents for mage aoe farming? I got Permafrost but it seems like imp blizzard isnt proccing Frostbite as often as id expect, is it because the increase duration on the blizzard chill is causing it to roll the 15% chance to freeze dice less often?

Should I drop Permafrost?

>leaving out placeholder from the op
lmao salty cucks are this desperate

Daily reminder to bully all healsluts.

>Druid/Priest/Mage buffs me
>The best I can do in return is give them a five minute buff

Look at me, I'm a warlock!

Scare Beast! Boo! You stupid druid! Nahahaha!

Here comes my "felhunter"!

Does anyone have a good gatherer database for elysium PVP? Database in the OP doesn't load most ore node pages and I'm so lost trying to level my professions.

You don't want frostbite for real AOE grinding. It'll slow you down. Take imp blizz, imp nova, piercing ice, permafrost, imp CoC (use when needed, not on CD or as a damage spell however).

They should have made a Chinese server from the beginning. Will they now? No.

everyone BUT me has an emberstone staff
>tfw just got cucked by a druid "offtank"

>You don't want frostbite for real AOE grinding.
This, it's a novice mistake. You freeze mobs out of place and they separate from the pack.

>be tankbull
>rogues get mad when I don't want to invite them to my dungeon groups

Was it just dumb luck, or do the guys at Durnholde Keep have a stupid high chance to drop Feet of the Lynx? I found two of them within 30 minutes of each other

>spend 15 minutes trying to find a tank because "am dps"
>ask him if he wouldn't mind tanking so we can just go
>he chimps out for 10 straight minutes about how warriors aren't just tanks and DW fury is viable at lvl 30

jesus i hate them all

How do you think they even managed to make a server without blocking China in the first place? Isn't this common knowledge? Or were they counting on the gold seller profit right from the start?

Pro tip don't attack both mobs unless you know you can kill them, its saved me a couple of times when players pull the extra mob off me because I didn't tag it and I survived.

LOL, everyone laugh at this loser.

>Run past a mob
>Get combat bugged when it resets
>Can't do anything about it except hearthstone or enter an instance, meaning you can't fly anywhere or drink at all until your hearthstone is up unless you want to enter the 6k+ queue
How have they never fucking fixed this?

Reminder that salty dogs is the autism containment guild and placeholder is the true good gamer guild.

>be tank
>only invite clothies

I'm on horde and even I have it lmao.

dude just kys.

A small issue when you consider the increased spawn rates on the new server that completely destroy the experience or any sense of accomplishment since you can just farm theough a level and never have to work hard for a quest with comptetition.

Honestly lost all interest in elysium after level 10. You guys are playing on a joke server. Nost didnt have this shit.

your retarded and wrong nost did indeed have increased spawn rates in the beginning zones at launch, fuck off retard.

No, it didn't. Fuck off to your cave

never stop

>good gamer
>yarrick
Isn't he 5'6 and obese? I heard he has a peg leg.

not at the launch. they had it much, much later.

>questing with paladin friend
>we're stuck in combat for half an hour
>not really a problem because he has Blessing of Wisdom
>as we're coming over the last ridge to Sentinel Hill to finish up for the night a Defias Miner, grey and at half health, runs us down
>finally leave combat when it dies
Fucking, how

Is that how the combat bug happens? There's just a defias miner tunneling its way up to you?

>Work hard for a quest
Youre not working hard
Youre sitting afk waiting 5+ minutes for a mob to respawn, to have it tagged by one of the 4 druids, hunters, or mages sitting there with you also waiting for this shit.
Vanilla servers were capped at a small percentage of how many are playing right now, and at launch people didnt know exactly where shit was to camp it, after launch there weren't that many people in the zones. This is objectively shit and not a "vanilla experience" so fuck off.

Competition is part of the experience.

"I never played vanilla at launch or otherwise"
It was literally never even half as bad as elysium currently

Remember to drink lots of the ingame alcohol while actually drinking!

I just got into Westfall. I'm lvl 12. 1-12 all in Elvynn.

Got 2 herb nodes, 1 that I saw but someone else got. 0 copper nodes.

That's not competition, that's retardation.

>It was literally never even half as bad as elysium currently
I'm not arguing that it was, dumb shit.

>get greedy while xiao is pulling harpies
>pull two
>die to both
>cucked by xiao
feels bad man.

I just hit 20th and started the chain to get the paladin mace. I need to run deadmines and sfk, from old wowhead comments i can do the naga part outside the instance.
I barely have any int gear so far, been really unlucky with drops and am still broke'ish. How tough is healing deadmines or sfk? I have 5 pts in divine intellect at least.

do i have to join a normie guild on old nost

>QUE 1800
>51 MINUTES

IT JUST WENT UP TO 9 MINUTES

Extremely easy until the goblin forge, there's a sudden spike of holy shit all the way up to the boss.
Then it's back to being easy until VanCleef who just fucking throws your tank's healthbar out of a window and there's not a whole lot you can do about it unless you do the cannon exploit.

any bots i can dl to level for me

asking for a friend

i respecced i hope you guys didnt just screw me over

Nah, I'm legit mate, you can look it up too. AoE grinding is gonna be shaky on a popular server like elysium if you're on it though.

Holy fuck I already feel burnt out. At least Nost launch had manageable numbers

>Spend an hour trying to automate fishing
>It works
>Doubles as anti afk and havent got kicked after 20 minutes

Everything went better than expected

Why did you leave out of OP cmon man

>she isn't just playing on the old server

>not knowing Salty Dogs method of destroying all the guilds it competes with and then destroying itself
new

whats the best place to catch these?

i will never understand this, ever. it isn't fucking hard to tank and it especially isn't hard at 30. people will be blowing you just to tank their dungeon group

i level as ret but holy fuck i always switch to holy gear to do dungeons. find a group much faster+its win-win for everybody

this

Are both pvp servers faction balanced?

>she's not playing on fresh

why is he wearing make-up?

yeah, you can look on the website for elysium project

I am a paladin and I have some serious questions.

First, let's assume I have a warrior friend. Is it still better to level as two handed Retribution in this case or should just go full on Holy and Protection? This is taking world PvP encounters into account of course.

Second, um.
No that's it.

cause she's a cute girl with a penis

>see someone running away from mobs
>try to help
>they die and i have to finish the job

combining that pic with his discord pic results in a manface, ew

This server is way too fucking laggy to play as an Australian

You're kidding yourself if you think you can play with a .5 - .7 sec delay

Yes.

Ret heals just as fine as any other spec while leveling. Other specs lack Ret's dmg.

>removing from the op
>constant shitposting trying to tell people is dead
>whispering all members in-game and telling them to gquit and join salty dogs

and people actually want to join these guys?

What?

NZ here just replying to taunt you with my juicy 290ms at absolute worst.

ret's is pretty good in small pvp encounters so yeah I'd probably go ret.

What What?

BECOME ONE WITH THE LAG

Thanks!
What about SFK? I could always get a few levels before it but that mace just looks really sweet.

So, it is the first time im leveling mage, ler me see if i get it right

>Spells dont scale with early game items
>Most enemies cant even touch you because of so much slow.

So, mage is pretty much independent from gear quality? Should i even bother to farm blues in instances during early-mid game?

Can any freshbulls boost me through SM arms?

Having a wand is nice and you can always use the extra stats but yes, you can avoid actually farming. I just do instances for quests and new gear is a luxury. You are gonna get hit and die occasionally, you'll oom or get unlucky resists or accidently overpull, it happens. But it's super ezmode.

what do i need to know about the spec meta in world pvp

>lvl 17 DD war LFG DM

More int means bigger mana pool. You can kill more before going oom. More sta means you're less likely to die when you pull too many. Or when you get ganked.

You should do instances for quests, not for gear. That is, if you can get a group reasonably fast. Don't bother autistically farming instances for gear.

Shadowfang Keep itself actually much easier. It's spookier for sure, but the most difficult thing will be getting everyone there. Don't be surprised when a gnome mage joins your LFM ad only to see his party marker in Duskwood or something and he tells you he doesn't have the flight path.

If you can't get a group together, it's surprisingly easy to just get some other paladins who are also on the quest to help you out. This should be no problem on the fresh server. You only need to reach the stables across the courtyard.

that discord pic fucking ruined him for me, I hope it's not him

>post in chat "It's called VC, not DM"
>guaranteed_replies.jpg

rogu or mag

>DD
ruuuu

How much do people charge for raid carries on this server?
How much will a Ragnaros + Mount carry be?

but why

Post it.

the fuck does xiao even mean

>mount carry
huh

who /readyforSTV/ here?

also close to 100hks

it's a chinese name and what a lot of prefixes are for gold farmer names. It's like the new pahjeet if you've ever spent time on /g/ or /pol/

just look at it yourself

druids can use axes? What the fuck>

There isn't a freshbull on here that can do that yet.

I'm not in the discord.

>mfw hunter is actually the most mechanically intensive vanilla class

just imagine a pointy chin with man lips and Indian (America) looking hair

which guild is this retard in so I know which to avoid

Uh I'm a shaman lad

>dude lmao it's dps! because a tank doesnt deal any damage xDD

I wish these faggots would just die.

reminder to fear us

>look up native american hair
>long metal as fuck hair
it's beautiful man