/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Old Yharnam Edition

Burned and abandoned by men, now home only to shitposters: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

For those struggling with Amy.

First for Bloodletting!

DOLL BUTT

Bloodletter

Someone help. I accidentally got into an argument with Lucy about a build, and dug myself into a hole. Throw down a ladder that I may escape. I want to keep digging, but it'll just be harder to get back out.

The amount of Vilebloods in the recent threads is far too high. We need to PURGE FILTH

Also a friendly reminder not to reply to trips. Keep this place as cancer-free as possible, please.

First for lobster... I mean "Beware of pincer attack"

Goddamnit Luci... ruined my first.

>youre situation

You'll get used to it.

IT IS NOW 1AM
DOES ANYBODY REQUIRE HELP WITH ANYTHING

>youre
>your
im retarded

also please do not reply to that failed abortion's posts

>tfw no slut wear

>just one cycled Rom with a random summon

Knew it was possible because it's featured in speed runs but I've never even come close to it. Guess that's the power of a gemmed tonitrus and an hmls.

BB's cosplay and slutwear game is super weak. Really the only two things any of the Souls games did better.

But Big M would say those two things have nothing to do with gameplay or his vision, and he wouldn't be wrong.

>platinumed the game twice already

I don't even know what to do anymore

Why didn't you protect her, /bbg/?

Bloodborne would make a great movie.

Go for the third time?

I doubt that, honestly.

It would need to be 2.5 hours and the MPAA would need to not exist.

she stole my memes

That pic kinda reminds me of this one for some reason
>Miyazaki will never buy the right to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and make S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

The cool thing about bloodborne to me is that even a year after I got the plat I come back to it. The only other games that kept the magic after 100% was Dark Souls and Oblivion. Oblivion is a once every few years sort of love though.

>It would need to be 2.5 hours
Not that bad. 3 hours is the limit.

>MPAA
Why? Follow the game and use whoever doesn't act like shit.

have you tried depth 5 root chalice dungeons with fetid, rotten, and cursed offerings?

I just got a Radial offshape 9.5% Arc + 72.5 Flat Arc with a beast down curse after about 5 runs in Isz, fairly lucky?

>Pthumerian Descendant appears in the boss room
>the bottom of the screen says Pthumerian Elder
Why? How often does the game do this? If I had died would it have given me the elder next time?

I don't have a third account

I think I might need a break. It's all I've been playing these past few months. In that time frame, I've don't STR, SKL, BLT, and ARC builds.

I made 4 frc ihyll chalices today senpai and completed them all.

>Defiled Chalice cleared out.

Studios don't make long movies anymore. A lot of moves now days barely hit 80 minutes.

The MPAA is fucking retarded and it'd wind up being NC-17 for violence before the first act was over. And since the art of using actual costume and make up for things is dead, everything that wasn't a person would be CGI.

We'd wind up with a PG-13, 80-minute shitfest akin to the Tekken movies that looked like the special edition, "improved with CGI" Star Wars flicks.

Now if someone would and could make a two-and-a-half-hour-long, reasonably realistically violent and actually costumed and animatronic beasts, I'd be all for it.

But it will never ever happen. It'd be an insurmountable moneypit.

if we can find a billionaire who loves bloodborne then we stand a chance

Then again, would we want to see something like this? Depending on the director, they might just take every creative liberty they can until we end up with something that resembles the game in name only. This happens nearly every time a movie based on a game is made. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but those are fairly few and far between.

Two and a half hours is way too short anyway to tell a story as massive as Bloodborne anyway, shit would easily have to push four, maybe even five hours.

That's the main reason TV shows/video games/books rarely translate well into movie form, the stories are simply way too big to be condensed into less than three hours. Ironically enough Lovecraft would actually translate well to a movie medium considering a lot of his stories are rather short, the colour out of space could easily be condensed into two hours (with the exception of the unrecognizable colour)

>make chalice and go through it like normal
>see Undead Giant/hotdog
>bold hunter's mask right away
>return to the dream and remove chalice
I am not playing those games.

>Studios don't make long movies anymore. A lot of moves now days barely hit 80 minutes.
I am sorry, I haven't seen a single movie that has come out since 2009 and I have never seen one with superheroes.

As long as they aren't too explicit with the story and leave things up to the viewer.

Lovecraft was a racist so he can't be enjoyed in 2017.

Maybe a Bloodborne mini-series.
EP 1: Arrival to Yharnam and underlying lore, ends with Papa G
EP 2: Old Yharnam and more learning what the beast are with Amelia, start going into the chalices
EP 3: Horrors of the chalice dungeons and the old blood
EP 4: Burgersworth and Rom, historical background
EP 5: Shit hits the fan hard, School of Mensis and The Choir's atrocities
EP 6: The End

EP7: The Memes
in this final episode the skeptical man sits down infront of the camera in an armchair by the fire and recounts all the meme worthy moments of the series

Who wants to come help me put Simon's raggedy ass in the ground?
I'm tired of doing 30 damage a hit and getting two shot. Pass bbg, ringing by the Hunter's Nightmare lamp.

NOT WHAT I MEANT BY HELPING OTHERS BUT IT'LL DO

Dude did you think I could hit him?
I was going to just trap him in the doorway for you?

>killing simon
no better than a beast.
he dies in the fishing hamlet anyway so why not wait til then you cunt[/spoiler[

Ludwig

>Boss you died the most to
>number of times
Living Failures

I had the power inside myself all along! Thank you senpai!

No problem dude

I actually had no idea you couldn't hit him. Made a ton of sense as soon as I gave it a modicum of thought. Thank you anyways!

>tfw always die to their retard rush where they swing their arms

They're actually pretty easy to parry. It took me 5 playthroughs to know that.

CG isn't inherently bad, it's a matter of budget. I understand if it's Gascoigne's last phase, but One Reborn can never be an animatronic.
Also, there are still long, "mainstream" movies being made. Interstellar, for one.
The real core problem is the fact that stories are inextricably linked to their mediums. It's very rare for a story to transcend mediums in it's entirety.
Any good adaptation of a story must create as much as it derives from source material. Either way, you need someone who is as good at making movies as Miyazaki is at making video games.

Let's say a new Bloodborne game is announced and it will be made no matter what.
What would you like it to be about?

Loran?
Old Yharnam?
Biggestworth adventures exploring the chalices and shit?
A new city years later overrun with beasts where our character ends up being the new eldritch antagonist and main prey?

Why are some old hunter bells blue instead of red?

>mfw I'm an arc build and I can spawncamp one of the corners with a bolt Saif and threeshot the same Failure over and over

I'm convinced that they have the same amount of individual health across NG+ cycles, because I threeshot the backleft Failure every time I fight them regardless of what level of NG it is.

What's the ar on your Bolt saif

Dating sim set in the past where you play as a Byrgenwerth student. You have to manage your schoolwork along with dungeon diving and going on dates.

Would play

I mean, it's FRC gems, but even so, it's always been a threeshot, whether it's just base NG or NG+4 or some shit.

I JUST WANTED TO COMPARE IT TO MINE

Go off the assumption that the Splatoon ending is canon and thus there hasn't be a hunt in centuries and there was some big event that basically destroyed the church and blood ministration, the game is now set in a world that is very similar to our own during the 1920's and for some unknown reason when night descends on a relatively uneventful night the beast curse suddenly starts to grip people again and the nightmare returns entirely.

We play a descendant of a hoonter, though before that really didn't mean much in this world we go through a sequence of trying to escape the city until we inevitable die at some point and end up in the dream.

After that we set out into the world to try to find out what's causing the night of the hunt to return, seeing a city that a few hours ago was completely alive and unprepared in absolute chaos as bodies fill every gutter and vicious beasts stalk the streets, slowly getting deeper and deeper and learn that the old ways of Yharnam, the Church, and of course the great ones may not be gone or a myth like everyone thought, but simply found different ways to stick their fingers into the pie that is Yharnam.

people say theyre the easiest boss fight but for some reason (Im shit) i always die to them. where as im not bad at other bosses, killed laurence and OoK on my first try, but LF always seem to fuck me up for some reason

>hunter space programme where we send ayyliens into orbit
the powderkegs would build the rockets

That's just the price of anonymity, user. We can all share the memes.

oh wait, powderkegs are RIP. Maybe some kind of powder keg remnant group builds the rockets

Jeez I'm sorry

I don't have the screenshot on hand or I'd have posted it. It's six hundred some, don't know exactly what.

The problem with that is that if the scourge appeared in such sort notice there would be 2 issues

1. I believe that REALLY big beasts like the Cleric Beasts, Blood Starved and Dark Beasts come from people that consumed a lot of blood over time like the vicars and other members of the church.
If the scourge was really sudden then that means no time to cook ug big beasts.

2. Normal soldiers or normal people for that matter wouldn't be in the physical condition to fight beasts, nor have the training or access to trick weapons. How you're going to explain that with all the important people ded and dream destroyed still more hunters are being trained hundreds of years later?

Yeah same, thank you :-)

When was the last patch?
Is there any hope From will actually do more balance fixes in the future?
I really wish Beastcutter wouldn't be so shit. I wish it was Bestcutter.

>Ball and Chain Undead Giant
>Abhorrent Beast
>Defiled Amygdala
Either one of those probably. Around 10 times I guess, didn't count.

1. The church never really disappeared rather than just became far more secretive, you'd learn throughout the game that high ranking government officials, mobsters, etc. were still keeping the church going and using healing blood.

2. Remember that the good hunter in Bloodborne is just some random foreigner who got a last minute transfusion, going by the assumption that hunters could indeed conceive children and thus have hunter blood in them it stands to reason that on the night of the hunt, even if it is a very sudden resurgence, they could be called back to the dream.
Granted this would mean there would be no veteran hoonters in the game, all the other hunters encountered would basically be completely new to the night of the hunt like us and all part of the dream at the same time, with us being the only one who got far enough to stop it.

I know it's an autistic idea but I felt like being a little autistic tonight.

Anybody want to fight logarius?

Bl 55 pass is log

On my way

Alright I'm at the fog

>nobody's doing FRCs
Dead thread.
Dead game.

These are on stupidly high level build
I have every weapon +10

>1500 attack

My dumb ass was ringing with bbg instead of log im reringing now

WW1 theme
Long time after Yharnam but blood was discovered again and it's resulted in war.
You wake up in a trench. Who's side you were on doesn't matter anymore everyone has lost their mind.
Obviously eventually you would discover great ones and shit again.

>the good blood is now called aryan blood

Haha that's with beast built up
Without it it's 1140

Oh, that seems a lot more reasonable, LBH I'm guessing?

Nope, Lost HLMS
LHB is like 990 but I don't even have 27.2s on it

>1528

Ludwig
I lost count after 2 hours of attempts. Delayed attacks mess me up something fierce, man.

Thanks for the logarius help. Stupid that he stuck his ass in a corner until he powered up. Cheap shit. Still didn't stand a chance.

>03:20
>read reply
>see that reaction image
Mfw
Thanks user, just lost it in bed

No problem. If you need any more help or just wanna coop I'm free

I have nothing better to do atm

Probably Ludwig.

If not Ludwig, dual knife Undead Giant.

But probably Ludwig thanks to a couple different low-level HMLS and Rakuyo rushes.

Hey hey, you boys want to help someone else with Log?

BL 50, pass bbg, ringing at the fog.

HMPH with no parries allowed

reminder not to give that failed abortion any replies

Christ, that fucking lag man. One second he's in front of me, the next he's halfway across the arena.

Orphan of Kos on NG+ (never tried on NG before)

I died probably 60 times. I used up like 400 blood vials I remember.

For how much you claim to dislike him you sure do pay him an awful lot of attention.

Frankly, I think you're gay for him.

If I kill Ebrietas, how can Augur of Ebrietas still work?

Time is convoluted in Yharnam.

>Implying you can ever truly kill a great one
Oh user, life and death are nothing but concepts created by humans and their feeble minds that cannot even begin to comprehend the cosmos, you need to get more eyes.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Orphan on a twink with 18 vit
I don't even remember how many times I died, but it can't be far off from

I got the itch to play this game again, what should my weapon and build be?

Stake Driver