/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

~Switchhax When Edition~

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-HACKABLE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Homebrew Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SciresM/status/819085003871158272
u.nya.is/vyqspl.zip
github.com/TiniVi/safehax/releases/tag/r19
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for /balt/

bricks

Is rxtools outdated?

Yes, extremely.

Does the DNS in the Wii U pastebin still work, or is there another one laying around?

>Is a cfw that is no longer supported by the dev outdated?
Probably not.

Is NTR necessary?

it's dead and has been dead for a long while

How can I use Adrenaline or ARK if I don't already have a PSP game/mini on my 3.60 Vita? Do I just have to wait until spoofing comes back?

Only when vanilla stops working

Just started the newest guide on my spare New 3DS XL and whenever I try to run Safehax I get a "[!] PM INIT FAILED!] error.

I'm on the Decrypt9 step of the guide and I did everything right, to my knowledge.

Pokémon 1.1 update QRs (while they're not on freeshop)
If you're getting a blackscreen after updating

good stuff based user.

youre doing god's work user

If you're into that sort of thing, I guess.

n3ds normal or xl? the bigger screen sounds nice but will the graphics be much more pixelated?

I meant the NTR CFW. I don't mind that my wife has a boyfriend, he's a nice guy.

Nevermind, I missed the "Launch Fasthax" first part.

Gotcha, if you like playing games that have cheat plugins or want to try the streaming thing than yeah. I heard there are other ways to get screenshots now so it isn't necessary for that anymore.

I'm more of a Neopolitan guy myself.

So I got a legit cartridge of moon
and a freeshop copy of moon
if I go to the eshop, will it update the freeshop copy instead?

>beat Actraiser
>start Actraiser2
I'm very disappointed

Is there a way to queue a download from the PSN Store using the computer and then getting it to download on a PS4 on lower firmware? I'm going to assume no.

About to hack my 3DS and just asking some stupid questions for peace of mind:

How important is the read speed of an SD card for load times/ boot times for the regular 3ds? ie should I get a 64GB card @ 30MB/s or a 32GB card @ 60MB/s. Both are class 10 I believe.
Does this shit have a noticeable affect on 3ds load times or is it pointless?

games dont get updated, the update is stored as its own entity

both should work with it

Barely important at all. The 3DS (even the New 3DS) caps at about 1-2MB/s

What does matter a tiny bit is the overall size of the card. The larger you go, the slower icons will load on your home menu. Beyond that, nothing is affected.

128 GB+ tends to get dicky, and you may need to fill it up beforehand to read properly.
Otherwise, if you're 64 GB+, you need to format it with a 3rd party program to FAT32.

Will I get banned for updating through eshop

How do people change the layout of their home screen?

theres no way in hell the 3ds runs at uhs speeds
i would be surprised if it had hi speed interface

No.
At best, updates just won't complete properly.

So I finally got around to setting up homebrew on my o3ds but how do I set up the emunand if I'm on 11.2? Was I supposed to do it with earlier firmware?

>ting ting ting ting, ting ting ting ting
..homebrew general?
>Knock knock-di-knock knock
HOW DO I INSTALL FASTHAX I HAVE A BLACK SCREEN DURING SAFEHAX GUYS I'M STILL ON 2.0.1 LUMA WORKS DID I DO IT RIGHT HOW CAN I RUN PIRATE GAMES WILL NINTENDO BAN ME FROM THE ESHOP IF I SEND DICKPICKS THROUGH STREETPASS DOES ANYONE HAVE A SPARE HS.APP I FORMATTED MY SD HALFWAY THROUGH THE GUIDE GUYS IS IT SUPPOSED TO TAKE A WHILE TO UNSLEEP ON N3DS? WHAT DOES PM INIT FAILED MEAN IT'S ALREADY NOON HERE WHY DOESN'T IT WORK? GUYS I DL'D LEAK TO FAGBOTS 2019 YESTERDAY ANYONE ELSE GETTING AN EROR WHILE GOING ONLINE TODAY GUYS I FORGOT TO MAKE AN OTP.BIN CAN SOMEONE SHARE HIS PLZ CAN I INSTALL A VIRUS SCANNER ON MY 3DS I MIGHT'VE INSTALLED A VIRUS CIA (DID NOT APPEAR ON HOME MENU) GUYS WHICH IS BETTER CIA OR FBI? WHAT ARE THE BEST GAMES /HBG/? HOW DO I HACK MY 3DS /NINTYG/?
>Read the guide user
But I bricked..

As an Ausfag with an Australian region 3ds, should I just stick with the European region files and stuff when following the 3ds.guide?
Since I'm pretty sure Australia and Europe are in the same region for Nintendo region locking.

Is there any danger to lose soundhax if I update now from a 11.02 o3ds?

if 11.3 patches it and you don't have cfw sure, once you hack your 3ds soundhax is worthless

You don't.
You get right onto a9lh since it's doable on 11.2.

Yes, Australia/Europe have the same files and region.

Whoa, is there even a way to apply a CFW in a 11.2?
Gotta check those files closer.

>Yes, Australia/Europe have the same files and region.
Thanks user.

Yes, Australian and New Zealand machines are European.
It's only the eshop thats needlessly different

>-HACKABLE FIRMWARES-
>3DS: 11.2
Get onto it before 12.0 shuts it all down.

>right onto a9lh
Thanks friend.

The standard 4GB SD card with the regular 3DS is more then enough space to do the full homebrew launcher, SoundHax yeah?

I just ordered a larger SD card but I'd like to just do the hack now to avoid a nintendo update and I'm impatient.
It is just a simple copy past for SD transfer post hack?

2gb+ is enough for the whole process now and yes just drag and drop to upgrade

Just wait and don't update?

Yeah it's enough space, but even if you get the error for not enough space during ctrtransfer you can just copy the Nintendo 3DS folder out to make space, and then put it back in afterward. Thats what i had to do since I had 2 games on my 4gb sd when i started the hack

Already on it, thanks bud.

How can I dump my legit digital games? As far as I know Decrypt9 only works on carts. From what I've gather Braindump is the best option, but supposedly it's really slow.

Does DLC work with Tokyo Mirage Sessions uncensored USB version?

I haven't read the full guide yet so excuse my ignorance, but you don't need to connect the 3ds to the internet during the hack?

twitter.com/SciresM/status/819085003871158272

updated

Gonna update my N3DS to 64GB of memory now that it's all freeshop'd up, what brands are good?

Options I can find are either Samsung EVO for $38 shipped, Sandisk Ultra for $41 shipped or Lexar for $50 bought locally, all class UHS-1.

inb4 shark or monkey

The 3DS does not auto update. You can connect online whenever, but yes you need to be online for the guide. The guide has you update to latest system version after a9lh + luma is installed.

You can just hack it now and copy everything to your new card anyways.

If I get a 3.60 ps vita, would I be able to get free PS Vita games on it?

That seems expensive but I don't know where you're from. A 128GB card cost me $42.55 after tax.

A little help here fellas:

So I got CFW running and it was easy like everyone said it was.

Now I went to install FreeShop from their website to get have the ability to install free games.

Now, in my opinion, the websites instruction are not clear at all. For starters it has four files that I am not sure it wants me to install or not:

>Luma3DS
>FBI for an installer
>ftpd for transfering files to the SD card
>Decrypt9 for dumping and encrypting title keys.

Now I know I need FBI, but am not sure how to install that, and if the other files are necessary to run Freeshop.

Straya, unfortunately.

Everything tech here is stupid expensive, 128GB are generally $100+

if you finished the guide in the op you should already have all of those things so i don't believe you when you say you got cfw

Just install the CIA you fucking retard.

Have you tried using 3ds.guide

I feel your pain m8, I just said fuck it and got a $17 32GB card.

user, I hope you do not think soundhax and the homebrew menu means you have CFW running. Read the rest of the guide, it makes you install all those things.

That's the one I followed and finished. I ran Nintendo Sound and Homebrew launched with no problems.

But says I didn't do it right.

How do the ips patches work?

READ the rest of the fucking guide. That's literally step one. It links to the next page on the bottom.

Am I turning my 3ds off everytime I take the SD card out to add more files during the guide?

Did you follow the whole guide or just the first page?

Yes, except the one time it says not to because decrypt9 has an eject function.

I'm starting to think that 'Puzzle and Dragons Z Plus Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Bros Edition' is cursed. Black screen followed by '3ds needs to restart' error.
>freeshop no work
>cia from 3dsiso no work
>3ds rom from 3dsiso with sky3ds plus no work
Don't work on the 3DS XL and N3DSXL (both with a9lh+Luma)
Downloading the euro 3ds rom to see if that works. If it doesn't, hopefully the japshit version does

Man, that new guide really is something; just hacked my spare, current firmware New 3DS in a fraction of the time it took to do the old one. I tell you, the power of the internet.

Thank you kindly!

if using an o3ds, yes

if using an n3ds, you can just go to system settings > microsd management > access the microsd card over the network while it's still plugged into the 3ds for most of the file movement

Do you have an MSY near you? They have a Samsung EVO 64GB for $25.

My closest one is about three and a half to four hours drive away, depending on how many people have crashed on the Bruce highway that day.

Will SoundHax not work if im on 11.2.0-35U?

Read the guide.

works from 9.0 to 11.2

It was bothering me now, so I went ahead and fixed it like you said.

u.nya.is/vyqspl.zip

Is there a working God eater 2 dump for the vita anywhere?

for some reason it just worked for me
had to try several times and re dl the files

Hey user, I don't have a DS game to exploit nor do I have a big enough SD card to make rednand.

So I am stuck on loadiine until I can install haxchi.

Can I play games from USB somehow?

I like this.

>MSY
>64gb for $25
fuck me, thanks user. MSY is in my town.
i was gonna buy a 64gb card for $75 or some shit off ebay

You don't need haxchi for anything, it's just for convenience

What's stopping you from ordering a 64GB shark for $12 of aliexpress?

>that 1 pixel space between the coma and the emblem

autism crisis averted

So what can I do?

Just load Mocha CFW thru loadiine? Do I have to change any settings?

Ok so am Decrypt9 and going to add files into my SD card.

But I don't have enough space...

Is it safe to delete the games from my SD directly?

I actually considered making them touch, since the border is blue anyway.

Just load Mocha/sigpatcher through the homebrew launcher.

a 64gb shark is ~$27 australian

if they have an msy near them they'll save $2 and get better performance

I'm diggin this what do I need to do to put it on my 3ds?

Just unpack the zip onto your SD card and FBI will pick it up automatically.

For o3DS;
The safehax github page has both a safehax.3dsx and safehax.smdh download.
The guide only mentions safehax.3dsx.
Is it safe to ignore the .smdh file?

github.com/TiniVi/safehax/releases/tag/r19

yeah smdh is just the icon

So I'm currently in the progress of hacking my 3DS but I'm beginning to change my mind. I feel like the more I do it, the more my 3DS becomes impure. I'm currently at the hourglass9 part. How do I undo everything I just did?

Cremation.

too deep already might as well finish it, even if you hack it it doesn't mean you have to do things like pirate just enjoy the cfw features

better to inject or emulate snes on the o3ds?