Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Stream Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Territory-4-0L-Long-Engine-Barra-SY-GIHA-TS-TX-Second-Hand-10-05-to-01-11-/381835165766?hash=item58e7264046:g:69AAAOSwezVWwWcA
youtu.be/DTCzZoVIUBw
rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/sevsindex.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
clyp.it/irnjhya2
clyp.it/4mg4omer
youtube.com/watch?v=zAnYqYMRvwc&t=0s
lsenginediy.com/ls-swaps-wiring-harness-and-wiring-guide/#
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hornsby/cars-vans-utes/bmw-1991-730i-ultimate-sleeper-5-7l-ls1-v8-conversion-7-900-00/1116999930
clyp.it/el23gtna
clyp.it/2vde10hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

4am shitposting get

2 way would make more sense for you than it does for me.
Just get one. or even get a 1 way or 1.5.

I just wanna be able to drift, instead I have this noisy fucking open diff that likes to do random shit mid skid.

My factory 3.02 gears and LSD are tired I just need to replace them with something reliable and 3.7 or less gears

Mate, the manual came factory with 3.7, why not go 3.9 or 4.11? Surely your 3.02 diff is gonna feel pretty gutless with the manual box

anyone got that weird fucked up "dat theme song" from yesterday? the link is dead

go away jimmy we don't want to hear your shitty music

that was not jimmy cunt. jimmy only plays guitar.

Which one of you faggots own that silvia parked outside quest in bundoora

Oh yeah I'm gonna go 3.7 or 3.9

>mspaint watermark

Also if you're speeding in suburban streets you're a cunt

I want a Ford inline 6, should I get a barra or one of the au inline 6s I assume the au ones are easier to swap
which one is more reliable? as I will be importing it to the americas

pls respond

>being a Revenue Policing Command apologist

Top cuck, m8. Over here they just sit in between 60 and 70 zones and ping people speeding up, or on downhills with no accident history getting people just as they go over slightly.

>AU
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Get a BF2 2006 + XR6T or a FPV F6

If you're shoving it in a Mustang go with the turbo Barra, BA onwards. The Intech 4.0l in the AU is a workhorse, and suited more for hauling shit. Like shitloads of lumber or caravans.

Actually, get a trailer and pop a tow ball on the back of your Mustang. Drop the Intech in and meme magic will let you tow houses, continents and average Walmart-roaming American women.

That said the old Intec 4.0 sohc CAN be built for boost but needs rebuilding, needs head work at the minimum, double valve springs.

But yeah having looked at going down that road is 100x cheaper and easier to get a barra for $200aud and swap it into whatever you want.

the BA-FG Chassis is HEAVY its like 1780kg+

Lots of aussie here swap a turbo barra into a older X-E series falcons OR even VL holdens

whats wrong with the older 4.0 tickford engines?

I want one because them Gran Turismo feels

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Intec 4.0 VCT Tickford Engines at all senpai

the PROBLEM is the rest of the car

the T5 gearbox eats clutches and is a unreliable pos

The Front brakes dont work, they just dont. i rebuild mine and it stops better but its still not enough for a car that almost weighs 1600kg

Now the real problem with ALL aussie falcons is the hand brake, it just doesnt work at all. I guess the drift cars would go with a hydraulic conversion, i would if i was you

Then with the 1990-2003 falcon they have LOADS of electrical issues so your better off swapping the loom, gearbox and engine from a 2006+ BFII XR6T and avoid the auto gearbox all together, get T56 factory fitted on there in one go for minimum headaches

As our autos where all under cooled from the factory (Trans Coolers not good enough for 40-60 degree weather) and every box here overheats constantly in stop go traffic and steel hilly ranges

kek this au headlight swap meme is so fucking good

maybe I'll get the barra, but they are really fucking expensive

The Barra is just better. It's regarded here as the Aussie equivalent to the 2JZ. Turboed, it takes absurd amounts of boost and even in its atmo form it pulls like a steam train.

Barra swap for a quick Mustang. Intech for pic related.

Really?

ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Territory-4-0L-Long-Engine-Barra-SY-GIHA-TS-TX-Second-Hand-10-05-to-01-11-/381835165766?hash=item58e7264046:g:69AAAOSwezVWwWcA

$200aud expensive to you?

Get it shipped out with the same container as your car.

Stay away from cars that looked like they have been hooned.

Can i advise you post some links up of cars your looking at to give you a idea of what to pick?

help me seppo's i am falling in love with 4th gen camaros

they just look like insane spaceships and i see what you cunts do with them overthere and i want one badly

youtu.be/DTCzZoVIUBw

I don't really care about the rest, as you said I plan to get a v6 rustang shell and drop it in

wouldn't mind an EL tho

Give into temptation Fatcunt. Military for a year, get Veeky Forums and become that cunt with a USDM-tyte Catfish 'maro.

oh i get it now, the problem is I was searching specifically for the xr6 barras

not a seppo but the lt1 camaros are really cheap, and the lt1 is an ok engine, the one you posted is a firebird tho

E series are getting pretty rare here as most of them are almost 19-30 years old and Gen X have mostly ruined them there are no decent examples left, it would be easier to get X series or BF2 as the AU series are probably the most abused because they are insanely cheap and hilariously bad.
Im getting Veeky Forums im gonna go for a mega walk this arvo if it fucknig stops being shit whether either 100% humidity or 46.3 fucking degrees or HEAVY rain
I want the WS6 with the stupid front end for maximum vulgarity, aussie cars really never looked like that and its something different.

Where you from friendo?

The real tragedy here is that we can't bring over Firebirds. God knows why we're allowed the C5 Corvette but not the WS6.

WHAT?

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fuck these stupid import laws it makes the Merrican 25 year rule seem alot more reasonable as at least most of the cars i like are 1996 or earlier anyway

You've got to hit the gym, m8. The holy bench will kill moobs.

nah my problem is always gut

But yeah mayne im just sick of this lack of work situation around here.

Fucking lame i bloody hate it.

Feels like ive pissed 10 years of my life away trying to find work and instead finding jack shit.

Disregard that, it's just not listed on J-Spec.

>rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/sevsindex.htm

That's the full list of what we can and cannot import.

>no Mitsubishi Eclipse
>no TVR Cerbera

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If there's fuckall locally you've got to look about elsewhere, or join the navy or something. If you end up in the South China Sea it'll be great. Nothing will ever actually happen there so you get to spend the whole time trolling the Chinese with meaningless "navigational exercises" while they point empty cannons at you and shake their fists.

Those goddamn Sevs!

>meaningless "navigational exercises" while they point empty cannons at you and shake their fists.
If something actually does kick off i'd be so fucked hahaha

>If something actually does kick off i'd be so fucked hahaha
Fair, but if something kicked off at all we'd be in a bit of a bad spot for a bit. The Indoniggers spend a fortune on their military while begging us for aid, and Widodo himself is an IBC with an axe to grind with the West in spite of his country's reliance on tourism revenue generated from ripstarts and bogans visiting Bali. So we're basically funding an Islamic army just across the pond.

Dunno how I feel about the other two SEA monkey countries. Bangkok supplies ladyboys and Duterte feeds crooks to crocs and takes corrupt pollies for helicopter rides.

Malaysia at least behaves itself and Proton once made a real cool riced-up CE series Mitsu Mirage coupe (the Proton Putra Prodrive) for WRC, but had to cancel for whatever reason. Either people getting mad about Proton using govt. funding to build racecar, Mitsu ordered them not to, or because they didn't want to butt heads with the Evo VI and 22B STi.

youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

Thread theme.

well that was good timing wasnt it i just reupped this

clyp.it/irnjhya2
so in a nutshell we're fucked if anything with china kicks off and it will be like tomorrow when the world began.

Mfw trying to get out of that parking spot

>not doing 30 point turns
do you even

damn i was hoping it was a re upp of the weird song from yesterday

Oh ive got that alrite

clyp.it/4mg4omer

i'm too retarded user, what do?

Was this recorded in a fucken wind tunnel or some shit?

maccers trays

>so in a nutshell we're fucked if anything with china kicks off and it will be like tomorrow when the world began
China would have to chew through the SEA monkeys first. At least we'd have enough of an early warning to prepare enough bottles to glass the yellow cunts with as soon as they landed. And in spite of Trump's bluster about making us all pay for bases and America looking out for America, if we were under threat they (and the handful of troops and trained sheep NZ could offer) would be the first cunts to have our back.

Though as far as military invasion goes I'd be more concerned with the Indoniggers than the Chinese.

>And in spite of Trump's bluster about making us all pay for bases and America looking out for America, if we were under threat they (and the handful of troops and trained sheep NZ could offer) would be the first cunts to have our back.
>
>Though as far as military invasion goes I'd be more concerned with the Indoniggers than the Chinese.
Noice

Well, look at how China deals with the Uyghurs, and then watch how Widodo sucks up to Pisslam. If China were to come for us they'd go and kick the shit out of Indonesia along the way, giving us ample warning.

Meanwhile, if the Indos were to attack there's no real buffer between us and them. Assuming of course that we don't just sink the cunts if they try by boat. I don't know enough about Indonesia's air force (if they have one) to say what sort of threat that poses.

Brosephs...

Currently have a 2008 honda accord luxury I'll be selling in a few weeks... they're worth peanuts so will probably get $2.50 for it

Anyway. Looking for a replacement car.

>~10k preferably less
>4 cyl preferred. Rego in QLD is a ripoff for 6+ bangers
>the more bells and whistles the better (reverse cam/bluetooth/etc)
>cheap to maintain (can do most myself but don't want to get ripped on parts)

I wouldn't mind a subaru but am a bit wary of the 2.5L head gasket issue and timing belt services/etc can be fucking expensive.

Have my eyes on a newer i30 if I can get one cheap, may go up to $12k if it's got reverse cam/etc.

What are my options?

>honda accord
>luxury

>(you)

cyl preferred. Rego in QLD is a ripoff for 6+ bangers
How much of a ripoff?

NSW here everything is a ripoff

>i30
dogshit

Just dont be wanker and get a old Turbo JDM monster

>(me)

>16yo that doesn't comprehend trim levels

Can't remember exactly as I paid rego a few months ago but I looked up the 2015 prices

>4 cyl $670
>6 cyl $839.1
>8 cyl $1022.85

>dogshit

nah famalam had an i30 hire car recently and for the price they're deece.

New ones out

youtube.com/watch?v=zAnYqYMRvwc&t=0s

JESUS

i only paid $650 flat rate for my i6 and v8's

FUCK

As nice a Camry as you can find for $10k in Queensland if you're after something with a more "executive" feel to it. Low maintenance and cheap, reliable, and fully optioned-out ones come with heaps of shit. Plus, it's so nondescript that you'll never have troubles with the police in it.

On the downside it's the vehicle of choice for shit drivers and old Asian women.

Yeah tell me about it m8.

Even if I was rich as fuck I'd still cringe before paying a thousand dollarydoos for the privilege of... nothing

The thing that really shits me is how it goes of cylinders not capacity or kerb weight or anything.

>2 litre RB20DE skyline paying the same amount of rego as an XR6 Turbo

no wonder so many qld's drive i4 turbos

Nice quads

So its only based on how many cylinders? We dont even tax displacement or anything here

Aren't the good ones all 6 cylinders though?

i drive a gandpa spec calais except for the wheels but its quiet and looks pretty much stock

no problem at all

oh and I'd prefer a hatch/wagon/suv over sedan.

Rear seats would be folded down 99% of the time as I lug a lot of shit around

dont tell me they also rape v6 at rego as well?

Surely you could get a v6 camry and go nuts

nearly 1k for a year of rego on any 6 banger in qld

no wonder you cunts are so miserable

Alright lads, I'm completely talking shit here but how feasible is swapping an LS1 into a base model E36? Legality aside, would there be any advantage to using a 328i over a 318i?

A 318 would be easier since it's wouldn't have all the check control and OBC stuff that would throw a fit at an engine swap.

Just higher quality components all round. You'd be best off starting with a 325i. Pretty much the same as a 328i besides the engine and simpler wiring.

Better off using an L98 or LS3 over an LS1 as well.

OBC shouldn't give a shit since you wouldn't be using it anyway.

What makes you think that?
Been done plenty of times before, but I wouldn't know what sort of gearbox/drivelines they'd use. I would imagine the 188 BMW rear end would be up to a standard LS1 output, but not much more than that. Any further and you'll have to look at a 210 rear end. I'd presume you'd just run a T56 and have a custom prop shaft to suit.

junkyard swap from a early commodore? Auto? Manual?

I say go with the LS1 + T56 (simplest combo)

i hope you like wiring m8

lsenginediy.com/ls-swaps-wiring-harness-and-wiring-guide/#

Well most anything but a 318 has the check control which will is connected to pretty much all the lights, oil pressure, oil level, coolant level etc so an unfamiliar engine will piss it off (even if non of it is connected to the new engine) and your dashboard will be a permanent light show, plus that gong sound it does.

Woudlnt he be better just getting rid of the BMW cluster ?

Put a hi series VT-VX one in there

Honestly user it would be cheaper to buy one for cheap thats already been converted

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hornsby/cars-vans-utes/bmw-1991-730i-ultimate-sleeper-5-7l-ls1-v8-conversion-7-900-00/1116999930

Something like this

a decent LS+loom+box out of a wrecked donor car will be like $1500+ at least

But it wouldn't fit and would look like garbage? That's all fine if it's a track car but as an every day car that's terrible.

Ok then answer me this

BMW + LS Donor car + time

Whats your budget ?

clyp.it/el23gtna
C O I G H T W A V E

ahahhaha

you need to make a proper vaporwave all aussie adventures W A V E plz

>saturday after work
>thinking to drive to friends for a couple of drinks and chat a little bit
>realise I have no friends
>sitting at home and emptying a sixpack of beer alone

How you doing ausbots

lol thats been me for the last 3 years get on my level

>This is being reposted.

I might do more for laughs at some point. Going to use the name 5営業日.
>clyp.it/2vde10hc

i unironically love that take on me wave you did ive been listing to it non stop

I'm working on it right now senpai.

hahahahahha yeeeeeeeeees

Atleast I do something useful with my alone time.
I bet I wash and take care of my shitbox more than some chinese businessman washes his BMW.

It is a parody, but thanks.

isn't me sorry.

>I bet I wash and take care of my shitbox more than some chinese businessman washes his BMW.
i havent even seen my poolais in over a month

hold me

It's quite simple that you remove any of the globes still registering from the defunct check control if you can't be bothered wiring them to suit the new harness.
The six cylinder 3 series also has the benefit of a larger, more appropriate differential.
As long as you could make it fit without looking like ass, it's an easier option getting everything functional. However, as long as the tacho and speedo can be wired to suit the new engine/gearbox, I'd simply use aftermarket gauges for coolant temp and the rest.

>went out to car to finally clean out trash
>sit down and see mound of what looks like white race on the dash near the bottom of windshield
>its moving
>shine light on it and its ants on some white shit
>wtf how did food get there
>get closer and its not rice but ant eggs
>clean that shit up and the ants
>wew glad thats over
>shine light down vents at bottom of windshield
>more ants and eggs hidden down there
>spray surface spray on my dash and my best toward the vents
>spray blew all the eggs and ants into vents somewhere
>ants that were there are dead
>hoping the rest die
>just found 3 roaming on the dash and steering wheel
>now just wondering how long till they all die and if ant corpses will blow out of my air vents next time i start the car

We need more / d a t / w a v e

coolbeans

wish i had good pics of this rally but it was pretty idk uneventful this year at least in coffs

Douse the cabin filter

do i buy an aw11 mr2 or keep saving for tools?
t. apprentice.

Had this happen. Fuck women drivers.

argh fucking retard

>pictures are just straight up refusing to load
What the hell is going on with Veeky Forums today? Is the shitposting from trump really bringing the site down

Hiroshitmoot has cucked the image servers because this website was losing money

Protip its never made money and its image servers have always been laggy shit

flagstaff hill
what car are you driving

No this is next level. 5 minutes to load a 500kb image

How fucking sad is it that moot did a better job than this cunt. Wish Martin shkreli bought the chins. He was a good troll

is your dns fucked? try googles

Nah it's not my side. I've tried my home internet, mobile internet and even my room mates mobile internet