Tires general Veeky Forums

Do you guys have any preferred brand tires?

Do you buy new?

How much do you spend typically for your set of tires? I bought 3 new Nexen the other day for £144.. (fitted).. Think I got jewed?

Nokian for winters, although there is a good chance I'll be swapping them out for Goodyear Wranglers with extra siping & studs when the time comes

Whatever suits my terrain best for summer, no real brand I'm particularly fond of

I'll prefer to buy locally, but I'm willing to spend what it'll take to get the tires I want

My current set of Nokian winter tires cost me $1100 mounted & balanced

pirelli p zero's on my daily. Any car I sell gets $60 walmart tires on it

>buying anything other than michelin or bfg
you dun goofed.

Getting a set of 4 of pic related on Tuesday
Definitely going to be a step up from the shitty Goodride's I currently have on

I'm pretty fortunate in that I don't have to purchase two sets of tires where I live.. winters are generally mild and rarely freezes or snows

Shitty gook tires
Need superior Nipponese rubber

Firestone master-race

how about you get something actually good?

Continental and general (same company) are rated highly and are in the $100-130 range per tire so I buy those.

My tires on my accord never last longer than about 20k miles before being completely bald so I buy a new set every year. Pointless to spend $800 on tires every year when I can spend $400 or less.

never had brand loyalty to anything

if it's the right size, has the specs I want, and has good reviews then it's good enough for me

Altimax Arctic for winter
Potenza S-04 for summer

Car - WRX wagon

>Buying overpriced pos when nexen is still good

How about you suck my balls? Sumitomos are good

About to buy some Michelin pilot SS for my BRZ, is this a mistake?

>Do you guys have any preferred brand tires?
Michelin
>Do you buy new?
Always
>How much do you spend typically for your set of tires?
Recently ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport for 120€ each. Actually I wanted the new PS4S, but they only come in ridiculous sizes. Can't wait for the end of winter to break these badboys in.

>Do you guys have any preferred brand tires?
No. The last set of tires I bought were conti's.
>Do you buy new?
Of course. I'm not getting pre-farted tires.
>How much do you spend typically for your set of tires? I bought 3 new Nexen the other day for £144.. (fitted).. Think I got jewed?
A full set for my car costs $600. I just had to buy pic related for the rears, thankfully the fronts still have plenty of life left in them.

>1x1 image
The fuck?

Anyways, a pair of these (in 27540ZR18) cost me about $370, before I got them mounted.

contipremiumcontact 5 205/55R 16 XL 94W
brand new from factory, waiting for summer

safety is Nr. 1

tfw on last season winter tyres(still probably better than on all seasons)

You all spend a lot on tires, then again you get what you pay for.

Nitto 555Rs (275/50R15) on the rear and some temporary Hercules Tour 4.0s (205/60R15) for the winter. Debating on swapping all 4 to Cooper Cobra Radials but I'm not sure how the white lettering would look. Thoughts or alternate ideas?

I put the BFG's mentioned earlier on a 4th gen Camaro.
Once the manufacturing crap was off of them they hook wonderfully. I couldn't be happier.
But I live in Florida so I only buy summer tires.

I bought 4 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 at 225/40/R18 and had them fitted, balanced and a 4 wheel alignment for £270. The wet grip is excellent and with the softer compound they grip well in the dry too.

I really need to get All Seasons as I'm about to be a college student and I live in an area that snows fairly frequently. BFG Radial T/A and the Cooper Cobras have caught my eye. Thoughts on the Radial T/A over the Cobras?

nigger how.

winter tyres for winter and summer for summer, unless you really really really really can't keep extra set somewhere.

The Radial T/A strikes me as a tire designed for a "look" rather than function.
Same thing with Cooper cobra's.
I tried just swiping the image from Tire Rack, I'm not sure what happened.

Studded Nokias for winter and Michelin or Goodyear for summer.

I'm thinking of getting Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 3 in this spring. Old tires have maybe 2mm of thread left.

That compound is shit in anything but warm, dry weather. I have a set on my car, They grip good when warm, totally shit when cold.

Continental has always been pretty good in my book. Not too expensive, comfortable, and the conti-extremes are a good high performance tire.

Why did you buy 3?

>Do you buy new?
why the actual fuck would you buy used tires.

The same reason you buy used cars, used houses or used underwear.

the best tire i have ever used in the wet and dry would have to be the

BF goodrich sport comp 2

they are also really affordable

To be fair a lot of used still have decent tread on them and they're dirt cheap to pick up

That top gear episode was hilarious

>car
08 Scion tc
>tires
Bridgestone Potenza RE760

>He bought Bridgestones

Not bad. Those & the Falken Ziex 950 A/S are kind of the poor man's Continental DWS's. What kind of car are you putting them on?

2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
225/45/18

Those worked out great on all those Ford Exploders.

You'll be fine with the sumi's. If you plan on keeping the car for awhile you might want to step up to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. They'll last much longer. The Michelins are amazing in wet weather & pretty good in the snow.

Your car isnt powerful enough if you don't have Hoosier drag slicks equipped

>using anything but yokohama

I'm not much on Michelin's t.bh
If I was gonna step back up I would get the Conti ASs with the 70k mile warranty

I'll never buy a bridgestone motorcycle tyre ever again. last one picked up road debris (nails/screws/glass) like a vacuum cleaner.

Pirelli/Michelin/Continental are my go-to brands.

Michelin summer tires are god tier, but their winter and all-season game is weak af nigga.

Winter tires: BF Goodrich ATs or Hankooks

On that note, anyone ever use Nitto tires? What about Toyo? Looking for some new ATs and wonderinf it Terra Grapplers or Open Countrys are any good.

any brand of tire would suck if the manufacturer was intentionally leaving out plies of tread.

Running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my TT.

Great overall feel and they stay planted in the wet.

>Collagen lips
>nose piercing
>fake tits

Ewwwwww

I'm a parts manager at a dealership. Even getting the tires at wholesale it was cheaper getting Michelins at Costco. ($5 per tire more installed then wholesale) That included road hazard & lifetime free rotations. At the time I had an 05 Scion TC. The Pilot A/S 3's made that car handle 10 times better in the rain & drivable in the snow. I actually put Sumi's or Falkens on most of our used cars because I refuse to put shit tires on any car just so the dealership can make $100 more on a vehicle.

Blizzaks for the winter, Michelin Pilot Supersports for the summer.

To each their own and good on you for not skimping on the tires, a good cheap three season are Riken Raptor's, Riken is owned by Michelin

Most of our cars are awd. For some reason they eat the shit out of those tires. I can never get one the same day which becomes an issue for me. I try to only put tires on car that I can get in a couple of hours if I don't stock them.

Huh that's weird, not sure why they would be doing that unless people were joining the shit out of them, I had them on one of my old FWD cars and they lasted at least 40k

*Hooning

I'm on Long Island. 90% of the drivers on the road are complete assholes. People literally floor it just to jam on the brakes for the next light. If I didn't live a mile from my job I would be a road raging maniac.

Ahhh that clears it up, they also don't like shitty roads so pothole will rip em up

I only run hoosiers at the track, kumhos on passenger because cheap and they work

Literally none of that is true.

Tits might not be fake, but those lips damn sure are, also
>nose piercing
Still applies EWWWWWW

> Superior nippon rubber
Hahahahaha

>tripfag once again showing they have shit opinions

Confirmed for being a legitimate homosexual.

poorfag with a project here

all i can afford is maxxis

Look up Forgiato Voce tires

my car came with hankooks

>Forgiato Voce
Dont seem any cheaper than me maxxis MA511's or whatever the tyre shop can get cheap

>pumped up dick suckers
Lewd
They might not have them in the lands where the spell TIRE with a y

I bet yall faggots don't even smile on the road

Tire fag here

Please do not do that.
Shop with Americas tire or discount tire if there is one in your area.

If your tires bald out before the mileage warranty, we'll reimburse you for the miles you didn't use.

I hate jewing customers, and essentially give everyone a family discount. People who buy from us and are loyal customers get hooked up almost 75% of the guys in the company are the same.

Just try to show the associate your happy to talk to them. That'll cheer us up so much. You have no idea how much bullshit we deal with daily with dick customers.

What if I said I wanted extreme summer tires for 14x6 wheels?

What would Veeky Forums have me buy? A wider tire won't cause fender fitment issues as long as it'll stay on the wheel.

Yoko A539 or RE088

Discount tire just opened a location in my area, and it is far from a fucking discount, and selection is shitty

they can order almost any tire you need at great prices. discount tire is the shit.

>great prices
My local guys get them for even better, nice try

>Just try to show the associate your happy to talk to them. That'll cheer us up so much

I work for an insurance company and deal with dickheads 24/7, everyone hates me no matter how much I try to help them. They think I'm trying to fuck them when really I'm going out of my way to find coverage or give them more money.

Happiness is like poison to me now. It sickens me when someone is polite.

What are some good all seasons for my DD?

Michelin Cross Climate. Slightly sporty all season.
Very good steering feel, very sharp and clear.

R888R

bugga

Considering buying a brz. Have driven but never owned a rwd car.
What are the beautiful tires that don't turn to shit in the rain, and colder weather.
I live in the south so the weather is usually pretty good but it rains all the time and don't want to fishtail while I learn to drive a manual rwd car properly
>inb4 pleb, noob, pussy, etc

Michelin for summer
Conti for winter

R888R

What the fuck?

Kek

>Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.
>pretty good in the snow

Doesn't have 245 45 R18 it's a shit

Pirelli P7 summer tires
Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 studless in winter

The Pirellis are pretty good. Good grip in the rain. Never had an issue with these.

The Nokians are the best winter tires I've owned. Excellent grip on both snow and ice. Behaves almost like summer tires in the wet. Minus points for leakage requiring tire repair foam spray after just 1 season.

Compared to the Toyo Proxes 4's I had on the car & the Bridgestones it came with they were pretty good. I'm not saying they're Blizzaks, but definitely good all season performance tires. They Toyo's were great in dry weather, just ok in wet, & horrendous in the snow. The Bridgestone's pretty much sucked all the time, especially in the rain.

>My tires on my accord never last longer than about 20k miles before being completely bald
Your alignment is okay?

Currently have michelimeme supersports, not bad. Not as grippy as the ZIISS I had before but want these to last a bit longer. Have RE71Rs for autox, probably the stickiest street tire you can get.

>always buy new tires unless you're ridiculously poor

Tire size has way more to do with price than brand, regular car sizes, 16"-17" x 6.5"-8" should be anywhere from $100/ea to $170/ea for quality rubber.

Why the fuck are you putting 18x9's on an 86? A downgrade in every respect except maybe looks if you like looking like a hardparker. It sounds like most would suggest Continental Extremecontact DW for you and you should rethink your wheel choice.

17's are lighter and as such perform better, not to mention they are cheaper for both wheel and tire. There's little reason to go wider than 8" w/ 225 unless you've added significant power or are building a competitive autox car.

I have a lexus LS400...is there a tire out there that is super comfy but also grips well?

Continental TrueContact.

I completely agree with you about the P-Zero. They came with my '14 5.0 Mustang and they are only worth a shit when it's warm and dry outside. Absolutely horrible when it's cold/raining. From what I've read on multiple forums I'll be lucky to get 30k miles out of them. Definitely going with something different when it's time for new tires.

Continental ProContact changed name to TrueContact. Those all season tires grip and corner fairly well. They also are quiet.

Pirelli cuz racecar

> never last longer than about 20k miles before being completely bald

Somethings not right, is this b8?