/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBhMAchXNaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where my BitchAxe hombres at?

I'm laughing pretty hard at everyone that bought an xbone for Scalebound thinking they'd get a good Soulsborne/MH game, and now aren't even getting a game, period.

Why is 3DS so comfy, bros?

Kids learn pretty fast nowadays because of 3D games. My fianceƩ's little brother is 7 and I was pretty impressed by how easy he got used to Long Sword's timing and hitboxes in his first try at the Great Maccao tutorial. I remember having a harder time than he did.

Switch Axe is just so much fun, easily my favorite weapon. I like using Axe mode for that X+A stamina consuming yet infinite combo that finishes with R and switches back to Sword mode with another R.

Xbone has DS3 though, and 3DS doesn't.

Checkmate nintendrones

>thinking they'd get a good Soulsborne/MH game
>Xbone has DS3 though
>good
>DS3
my point stands

With that logic any console that isn't the PS4 is shit because no Bloodborne.

4U > Bloodborne though

haha no

Just recently started gen, I mained switch axe back in tri and p3rd but moved onto the insect glaive in 4U, that thing was just way too much fun. Come back to swaxe for gen with aerial style and dear god this shit is amazing. Very spammy though so I'll probably switch to guild style and try the arts out more at some point

The arts are what makes it good mang, switch as soon as possible.

>Bloodborne the overhyped pos
>good

Cringe.

Ni-oh already looks better and I don't even have a PS4.

I figured they were with the infinite sword gauge thing. I just really enjoyed the aerial mounting shenanigans of the IG so being able to do it with my old love is great.

You'd have to be retarded to believe Kamiya could work with Microsoft.

What ever happened to professionalism?

You don't hire artists expecting them to work like ants.

Why did the ants agreed to work?

Hivemind, pheromones and shit.

Charge blade is an actual transforming weapon because you use both states

>console wars

Welcome to Monster Hunter

>not being a proud veteran of console wars on the right side (Nintendo) since gamecube days.

Inb4 retards say hurrdurr Sega vs Nintendo. Console wars were shit then.

Nintendo lost the console war with Gamecube, that makes them the wrong side.

No see you were supposed to reflect not keep going

You cannot escape console wars with MH. Capcom made sure of that.

>lost
>they are still fighting

??????

SJW logic, everyone.

get this monster off me

What is /mhg/ up to?

Playing Cold Steel. Shit's tight.

Trying to figure out error code 006-0612.

Update your 3ds nigger

It's already on 11.2

Doing commission music work.

Playing Shadowverse and Stories.

getting shit on by HC lunastra

Babysitting my wife's son while she is away in Detroit for a conference.

youtube.com/watch?v=FBhMAchXNaM

Base opiui

make your own general

>People still get taint-twisted when Monster Hunter content is posted in the Monster Hunter general

Good to see things never change.

scroll up and read the op

playing with random
they are actually good, pleasantly surpried, there's even a frenchman

Sounds like you're banned then

How much worse do the 3DS games run off the SD card compared to a cartridge?

They function exactly the same, carts are just specialized SDs no? I assume load times would be identical.

You're right in that they're both digital formats at least, assuming either SDHC or SDXC is used I'm just not sure if they have faster read/write times compared to cart or not.

Lurking while I'm ill as all hellfire, contemplating booting up 3U but kinda cba working out which lances and lance sets are good.

Everyone's been occasionally getting that code ever since they did "server maintenance" on the MonHun servers a couple days ago.
I've never gotten it before that, and now I'm getting it 2-3 times whenever I try to join a lobby, but I'm still able to eventually get in after enough tries.

Working of slogging through all of the Village quests that I put off. Finally had to bite the bullet and do the Prowler quests.

I hate it.

Prowler quests for gathering are ok to me, since infinite stamina and faster than hunter gathering.
Hunting actual monsters with prowlers though, that's a pain in the butt, even with a perfect Boomerang prowler.
I just feel like I'm not doing anything all hunt, and it takes forever.

waiting for tea to brew, and deciding what i want to do in elite dangeous while wait for my 3ds to fully charge

crying over charlotte's absence

So I'm new to MH and have M4U. Is the sword really viable? I like it because it's hueg, but it's so goddamn slow.

It and insect glaive are tied for best weapons in the game.

I assume you mean Greatsword, and yes.
Just about every weapon is viable, just go with whichever you like most.
For min-maxing, Charge Blade was top of the top in 4U, but that's mostly because they over-buffed it from 4 normal.

Wait, is M4U not the newest one? I simply want to invest in the one that has the most active online so all my efforts don't go to waste when it's fucking dead.

>top of the top
>weaker than GS, IG, DB and HBG

stick with 4U, both it and gen (the newest one) are dead anyways but gen is getting a definitive edition this year so you may as well finish what you started.
Post a room here using the OP info and people will join.

I literally just started though and I have a hacked 3DS so I can get generations if it's better.

IG was only good for Je Suis Monte mount spam. (which was also OP in 4U)
HBG is a gunner weapon (and the 3 HBG 1 status LBG setup was also OP)
GS and DB were just flat outclassed by CB due to it having OP damage, safety, and knock-out ability.

4U is the best entry point because of how much effort they put into village, even if the sotry isn't that good it's the best of all monster hunter titles. Also it has g-rank, the hardest difficulty with new ai and movesets on monsters
generations will have a g-rank version soonish

In my opinion generations isn't as good as 4U, the entire game just feels low effort to me plus they cut visual fidelity and performance so they could have flashy particle effects on everything you do. But the core gameplay is still there.

I'd say if you can, get and play Generations instead.
MHXX is coming out later this year in Japan, and will most likely get ported to the west. It has a Gen -> XX save import so you an keep your stuff, and it'll have G rank (Gen only goes up to high rank)

alright then

also, how do I add friends? It says i have to configure something, then gives me a number.

How do you pierce shot a monkey?

>literal meme opinion
i'm baffled

>IG was only good for Je Suis Monte mount spam.
Fucking retard

Either enter a friend code or go into the menu while online, add friend, player name to send a request

Oh, that's cool. Yeah, because it seems like there's a new MH game every year I just don't want to invest time and effort into something that's fated to die.

Guess it's time to get Generations from the Freeshop.

your loss, the previous games even alone are still great experiences.
Generations performs worse, looks worse, and adds a ton of experimental mechanics people are on the fence about. Plus it has less content than 3U or 4U.

Whatever your decision, do consider playing multiple games in the series.

What?
All four of those weapons kill shit faster than the CB, be it solo or multi.
I don't even get what makes "is a gunner weapon" an argument in any way, at least the statements on the melee weapons are simply wrong.

>Generations is the worst game

I really hate this opinion, fuck off back to 4U you monkeys.

It's not an opinion, you're just into scat

You hating an opinion doesn't affect it's validity.
Additionally, just because I think it's the worst of gen 3 and 4 doesn't mean I think it's trash. I still had fun.

>new gen/game is worst game
Happens every time. It happened when 4U came out and the 3U fans were trying to call 4U shit, and it's happening now with the 4U fans calling Gen/XX shit.
It's just the way things are.

>opinions aren't opinions
u wot m8?

Worst game currently alive. It goes like:
MH(F)

Honestly the series has consistently improved with every installment since the original on the PS2. Gen is obviously lackluster compared to 4U because it doesn't have fucking G rank, the new styles and arts stuff has a lot of potential though and hopefully will be tightened up for XX and I can't honestly see XX being worse than 4U if they do that.

That's what retards believe, idiots always say the new game is the worst but this time it actually is and for very legitimate reasons but instead the retards love it and defend it with their lack of logic and reason.

every time

Burden of proof is on the claimer man.
If you're gonna call something shit, give actual reasons instead of saying "I have reasons but I'm not gonna give you any".
Saying essentially that just makes you look like a child.

If you faggots wanted to grind for rng gear, go play some Korean MMOs.

MH games should have lots of content but relatively easy to obtain endgame, not this guild quest artificial difficulty bullshit which wasn't even implemented properly because people were only doing 1(one) GQ.

I think everyone needs to chill out and understand people place value into different aspects. I have several issues with gen such as
>adept invalidating an entire skill
>30 capped framerate and low LOD distance
>needless particle effects
>that fucking world-breaking idolshit at the end
A lot of people don't care about those things. I understand that, but they need to understand that I think less of the game because I do care about these things.

>want to try out lance
>die on a low rank arzuros
>never want to play lance again

maybe one day ill git gud

>dying to a lr arzuros
Nigga what.

>>adept invalidating an entire skill
What skill?
>>that fucking world-breaking idolshit at the end
KILL YOURSELF

>Adept isn't the best style for every weapon and adept lacks some essential moves that other styles get. Its pretty balanced.
>caring about graphics in a 3ds game. I was expecting 30 fps to be jarring after 4U but it was fine.

try boros, easiest mon to guard lance

evasion doesn't do anything when adept is equipped.

I never said it was imbalanced except adept DBs, just that it's implemented somewhat poorly.
And your differing opinion on the framerate cap proves my point, we care about different things.

it's shit because everything new CONFLICTS with the core of the game, because they took two step back for every step forward in terms of QOL,
The visual design took a nosedive and not only regarding monsters.
The new gimmicks are all terrible, uninspired and unsatisfying. They either do nothing, do bad or terrible. (Styles being a "lol so fun" 30 hunts experience, Arts, Deviants relying on generic anime aoe instead of putting actual thought in their fights, flashy or even glowing, colours everywhere, Deviant gear being purposefully tedious instead of difficult to obtain.)
Then there's the awful perfomances, the game is an abomination on a technical level for the sake of new particles.
Prowlers while refreshing have no depth at all.
Hypers being the shittiest mechanic ever introduced in MH
The roster is interesting at first but then you realized they fucked most of them with terrible movesets.

4U and 3U's flaws were : technical bits, SOME new monsters being bad (visually or to fight)
the roster and/or the quest selection
Some people argue that GQ are bad or are stupid enough to complain about relic gear when they're here to fix the avid player niche.

Are you so bad that you need evasion and adept?

he's saying it kills evasion as a mechanic (and honestly it's the most fun mechanic)

Except some monsters punish adept if you follow up with an attack.

If you only use adept for evasion, you are an idiot.

No, sometimes, just saying it's an oversight and a sign of bad game design.
I think it should have worked like this:
>Adept naturally gives evasion +1
>evasion skills give a bonus of their level +1
>evasion +1 = +2, +2 = +3
Why are you using ad hominem?

you misunderstand, I'm saying adept IS balanced and for that reason. But that's also why I think adept Dual Blades are too powerful, because they have I-frames throughout their counterattack.

Hypers aren't worst than apex. Apex was gay as fuck.

Honestly 4U felt like they wanted to make an MMO.

Movesets are same for all monsters, fuck off retard.

Thats only one weapon. CB and IG were also Adept DB tier broken in 4U.

Apex was great but they should have given more tips on them, only people bad at them dislike it.
It rewards skill in a way that cannot be found anywhere else in the series.
A good hunter doesn't kill it 5 mins faster, it kills it AT ALL.
Hyper is basically : let's add more health and that's it. It doesn't reward anything, all it does is make Lv3 buff arts used because they charge too slowly otherwise.

Lagiacrus.
Evasion+3 Lance was as broken as Adept DB minus the damage, CB and IG still required "skill"
see all the jokes about french people only using these two weapons and being awful.

CB I'd agree with you but IG was broken because of high motion values, not because it could ignore damage easily.
And adept DB are not a reason I like previous titles were better than generations, all these games have some balance problems.

Think when this game comes to ps4 or switch they'll do motion value patches every once in a while?