j-spec.com.au/info/Infobase.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

R34 GTR are the starter pack of JDM enthusiasm

The fd is faster, better handling, better looking, and cheaper. Nice b8

this

R34, FD, and A80 are the three titans.

What about the first gen NSX?

not even turbo lmao

NSX is more of a true (or stereotypical) supercar than the other three, and as such is more of a mainstream car than JDM desu.

>Rotary Garbage

I didn't say which order they were in.

>NSX is more of a true (or stereotypical) supercar than the other three
naturally aspirated v6, just because it had a high price tag and was mr doesnt make it a supercar
mr2 was turbo and mr, more of a supercar than the nsx

lmao whatever nerd

>honda, nissan, toyota have NEVER EVER won le mans
roflmao

Why is the R34 worse than the FD despite coming out nearly a decade later and having a 50 times larger R&D budget?

I guess it has 4 seats going for it, at least.

ya, not really.

The A80 is awful.

It's basically an inferior analog to the modern Mustang.

Sure it was a pretty good GT car for its time, but who has shit taste enough to care about cars that were "good GT cars for their time"?
Whereas the FD was a hardcore sports car, a race car for the street. No cup holders, small, amazing feedback, handling, and cornering ability, a chassis that was twice as stiff as the supercars of its time.

For the cost of an FD, you can't get a car that's the same experience as the FD. For the cost of a used TT Supra, you can get so many cars that put down power better, handle better, and are a better GT car.

>The A80 is awful.

No it's not.

>It's basically an inferior analog to the modern Mustang.

No, it's not. If anything it's the Japanese Viper.

>Sure it was a pretty good GT car for its time, but who has shit taste enough to care about cars that were "good GT cars for their time"?

Never understood the aversion to GT cars on here. So it not only performs, but it's comfortable.

>Whereas the FD was a hardcore sports car, a race car for the street. No cup holders, small, amazing feedback, handling, and cornering ability, a chassis that was twice as stiff as the supercars of its time.

So it can turn at the expense of stripping everything out, having no features, or practicality.

>For the cost of a used TT Supra, you can get so many cars that put down power better, handle better, and are a better GT car.

Name five.

It's not the aversion to GT cars themselves.

It's that modern GT cars are so much better at being powerful and comfortable while handling much better than 90s ones did. Much better technology, chassis, suspension, and so on to make it actually work.
But modern sportscars are generally much worse than older ones.

>Name five.
I already named the Mustang. Why do I need to aim more? When it's worse than an entry level GT car, it's a given that it's a big list.

Nissan was bankrupt.

Define worse.

Why does Veeky Forums ride the FD's dick so hard? Seriously, every time it's mentioned it gets absolutely drenched in praise and extolled how no car in the history of mankind can compete with it on any subjective or objective level. Fucking hell, it gets tiring after reading the 100th post starting with "the FD is better."

>GM fangirl detected

>It's not as good as modern cars
>A car from the 90s doesnt have 2017 technology

Hot shit, you're right the Supra is shit!

Because it's perfect if you're a hipster.

Yes.

And 90s technology no frills sportscar = great
90s technology GT = shit

because its literally one of the greatest cars of all time

Here we go again.

FD Master race

And again.

THERES ONE OF YOU IN EVERY THREAD

ROTARDS FUCK OFF

Whats the going rate for a grade 3.5 or 4? There is one good looking for sale in Germany for 38k€ including shipping.
But the seller hasn't given any info on the condition. Unfortunetly I'm not on the market for a new car for 5 more months but if it's still for sale then I think I'm going to get it...

I'm more of a snap oversteer turbo kind of guy but every JDM tyte car is great in its own way

>lightweight
>stylish
>fast
>fun
>easy to tune
>AWD
>reliable
>good bang for the buck when it first came out

Today if you want something like it, be prepared to drop close to 100 grand and it still won't be as lightweight or easy to tune plus there's a good chance it'll be auto.

They don't make cars like the R34 or Supra anymore. BRZfags go away.

At least you guys are willing to give the Skyline and Supra credit where it's due. Most on here just defend the FD and shit on everything else.

>Today if you want something like it, be prepared to drop close to 100 grand and it still won't be as lightweight or easy to tune plus there's a good chance it'll be auto.

Literally what is the Porsche 718 Cayman, Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51, and Ford Mustang GT350?

2017 Cayman non-S version

>$60k w/PASM, torque vectoring, and Sport Chrono
>6 speed manual
>0-60 in 4.3 seconds
>1.03 g on skidpad
>3064 lbs
>mid-engine rwd

2017 Corvette Stingray

>$63k w/ Z51 package and magnetic ride
>7 speed manual
>0-60 in 3.9 seconds
>1.03 g on skidpad
>3400 lbs
>front engine rwd

2017 Ford Mustang GT350R

>$63k
>6 speed manual
>0-60 in 3.9 seconds
>1.10 g on skid pad
>3700 lb
>front engine rwd

1994 RX-7

>$59k (adjusted for inflation)
>6 speed manual
>0-60 in 4.6 seconds
>0.96 g on skidpad
>2900 lbs
>front-engine rwd

All three are arguably better "sports cars" than the RX-7. They are faster, handle better, available with a manual trans, and pretty close in price to an RX-7

AWD on an FD u wot m8
>reliable
The owners have to do shit ton of mods to make sure the rotary doesn't commit seppuku

The R34 GTR cost about the equivalent to $65-70k in 2016 money so what applies. The FD was only moderately cheaper at $50-60k.

To that list:

BMW M2/M4 if you drop the AWD requirement
Ford Focus RS/Golf R/Evo X GSR when it was still being sold

>comparing bone stock 1993 rx7 that costs less than 20k to modern sports cars that are 60k
nice time machine you have.

fd rx7 with 310whp (not a lot of modifications...) and NT01s runs willow springs in 1:27.89
compared to
>Porsche 911 Turbo S (991) 1:27.17
>Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 1:28.40
>Nissan GT-R (R35 550 PS) 1:30.48
>Porsche 911 Carrera S 1:27.10

Still punching on with the big boys 25 years later...

The person you are arguing with was defending the R34 GTR not the RX-7, you probably should of been clued into that when he said AWD, Reliable and Good bang for buck, as they are all things that FD's aren't.

And in Australia, a country where I can actually buy R34 GTRs Mustangs and Corvettes aren't readily available and when they are available are overpriced as fuck, the Cayman is still true and are way cheaper then R34 GTR's.
R34 GTR's are overpriced garbage though, the slowest of the three modern GTR's, way overpriced thanks to Fast and Furious, and have fun finding one unmolested. R32 is way cheaper, and is a bit faster thanks to its lighter weight.

>rx7
>Good bang for buck
pick both

>BNR34
>good bang for buck

Its not exactly reliable either lmao

>resorting to turbo when your engine is gutless
I'm lmaoing at your life

they are though

Read the rest of my comment you illiterate fuck.

I said R34 GTR's are overpriced garbage.

You didn't even read the first line did you?

Yeah they really arent though

>Good bang for buck, as they are all things that FD's arent
Get fucked cunt

weird how you guys are talking about all these cars you've never driven.

>B-b-b-but muh JDM

Holy shit the amount of bench racing in this thread is out of control.

yeah they really are, though. they're more reliable than BNR32s and I've been beating on one for close to three years

You're god damn right.

meep meeeeep
step aside niggers
best Jay Dee em coming through

>yeah they really are, though
Yeah nah, its maintenance intensive therefore unreliable according to everyone who says rotaries are unreliable

This seems best thread for this

This is the first r32 I've seen in the wild. It was quite small, that VW looked big next to it.

>maintenance intrusive
and in what way is that exactly?

*intensive, not intrusive fucking phone

100k service requires engine teardown :^)

Oh wait, nvm you're even more retarded then I thought. You think a $30,000 (Only that low if you want one that's been beaten.) car from early 2000 that needs an engine rebuild every 100,000 kilometres that's constantly overheating if you don't babysit the thing is good bang for your buck?

But its okay, I sense Willow Springs lap times, or an obligatory 'Nissans never won le man Xd'. But we aren't talking about best car to tackle willow springs or le man in are we? We are talking about for someone who is likely to drive it on the weekends and maybe take it to the track occasionally.

what the fuck are you talking about?

sau.com.au/forums/topic/406167-require-r34-service-schedule-100k/#entry6475410

Major Service of 80,000Km and 100,000Km
>Engine Oil = Replace (except for Turbo Engines which requires a change every 6 months or 5,000Km whichever is earlier)
>Oil Filter = Replace (and more frequently under harsh driving conditions)
>Drive Belts = Inspect
>Engine Anti-freeze Coolant (ethylene glycol) = Replace
>Cooling System = Inspect
>Air Cleaner Filter (paper type) = Replace
>Intake and Exhaust Valve Clearance = Inspect if noisy
>Fuel Lines = Inspect
>Spark Plugs (Platinum) = Replace (at 100,000Km)
>Heated Oxygen Sensor (exhaust gas sensor) = Inspect
>EVAP Vapour Lines = Inspect
>Timing Belt = Replace
>Fulcrum Bolts = Inspect

>You think a $30,000
Try 20k for one in good condition with an engine that has less than 40k on a rebuild... Compared to 45k plus for an R34!

>needs an engine rebuild every 100,000 kilometres
>that's constantly overheating if you don't babysit the thing
Please stop posting. Its obvious your knowledge is just from reading conjecture.

A80 is shit, all the other cars provide something newer cars don't.

Get a335i, puts out more power than an A80, is more comfy, better handling, etc

>muh workshop manual
lol nah... youll find that in the real world they need much more than just fluids come six figures on the odo

yeah is that what you did with your GT-R?

Dear poster, please stop replying if you refuse to read my posts fully, I already said, R34's GTRs are overpriced trash. I was comparing to a R32 which is actually around 20 grand.

Please tell me where in Australia I can find an FD in good condition for 20 grand. Because I'm finding them at 25k-30k with about 100,000km's without a rebuild, so that's due.

Also yes, my statement on rebuilds every 100,000km is from pretty much everybody one the multitude of RX-7 forums I checked, so if its conjecture, I guess that makes you the only RX7 owner who knows better then all the others huh?

And are you telling me, I can drive my RX-7 the same way I drive a small 4 banger hatchback and it won't overheat? Okay dude, I guess these rotary overheating and rotary flooding problems are just all a complete myth and rotary engines should of been the future of combustion in general huh?

Nah but a lot of owners are out of pocket big money when they take their '100,000km' R34 in for a service and a compression test reads 100psi =//

>Please tell me where in Australia I can find an FD in good condition for 20 grand. Because I'm finding them at 25k-30k with about 100,000km's without a rebuild
Stop looking at series 8s listed on carsales by importers for one.

user originally was talking about a 93 model, keep up with conversation please and dont try move goal posts to suit your argument... irrc theres a series 7 on carsales with a fresh engine for like 16k.

>I can drive my RX-7 the same way I drive a small 4 banger hatchback and it won't overheat?
YES!

>I guess these rotary overheating and rotary flooding problems are just all a complete myth
also yes. they only way to flood an engine is to try to, or be a full fucking retard.
overheating is also a myth unless cooling system is fucked and its a 40c day sitting in traffic

>my statement on rebuilds every 100,000km is from pretty much everybody one the multitude of RX-7 forums I checked
most people posting on forums (especially rotary forums) are just regurgitating conjecture, like you are now

Even still at 30k, BETTER BANG FOR BUCK THAN A 60k GTR FUCKIN STUPID CUNT

>R34's GTRs are overpriced trash. I was comparing to a R32 which is actually around 20 grand
and still... better bang for buck than a beat to shit r32.

yep, 17k for a series 6 with 10k on engine

carsales.com.au/private/details/Mazda-RX-7-1994/SSE-AD-166824/?Cr=12

Also where are the 20k r32s?

carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Skyline-1993/OAG-AD-14137637/?Cr=10
carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Skyline-1994/OAG-AD-13870041/?Cr=12

Come on goys, can't we all get along? Our brethren aren't our enemies.

>and pretty close in price to an RX-7

lol pigfat

lol pigfat

>not doing emissions delete on the RX-7 which saves 100lb, more power, and faster turbo spooling which gives you a faster 0-60 than all those cars
>comparing skipad numbers for modern rubber cars to ones using 30 year old tires, while the FD gets 1.05g or so on just decent street legal tires despite not having aero like the GT350R

Kill yourself.

Is there a video of that Willow Springs run?

The a80 Supra is one of the ugliest cars that sold for over $25,000 new.

Worse than that, it cost 911 money for that ugly downsie jellybean.

Don't know why people find it ugly. I find them stunning. But if you do, I guess I'll just keep posting them.

Stock it looks very dated now, the wheels especially.
With a bumper lip, clear front lights, and literally any other wheels it looks amazing.

As much as I like the Evo and GC8, they're not really in the same category.

Those wheels look shit though, and the stock alloy 17s are great. The 16s are shit, and the chrome/polished wheels only work with certain colors.

I can agree on the bumper and lights, glass series 2 headlights look much better than the original run with plastic lenses and light-colored housings, and certain markets came stock with an active aero front bumper.

Agreed.

Yeah, they're not the best wheels, just the first picture I had of the lights and lip. I personally like TE37 meme wheels on them cause I spent too much time on speedhunters around 2012

>I personally like TE37 meme wheels on them cause I spent too much time on speedhunters around 2012

kek

>mfw this actually performs better

The Toyota Century is the JDMest nigga on the block

>never released outside of Japan
>hardly even recognized by suburban ricer kids
>Japanese Emperor's ride of choice

you can't get more JDM than the Emperor of Nippon

If I wanted a modern equivalent to an FD RX7 I'd get an Alfa Romeo 4C

Even the buttons are in Japanese. You won't find any savage roman alphabet tribal shit here

Look at them

Look at these JDM ass buttons you goddamn gaijn nigger fucking baka wa bakame no imi ja naindayo omae wa honto ni baka gaijin da ne

Alright I am sick of this shit. Time to lay it down on you fools for real.

The most technology advanced car from those discussed is the r34 GTR, but its not the best in neither performance, driving feel or cost. It did well in motorsport because nissan had a fat budget and its also over-glorified by USA cucks because of FF.

The best handling 90's JDM car is the FD no questions asked. Yes its rotary and hard to maintain but its certainly the purest and most well balanced car to drive. 50/50 weigh dist, low centre of gravity, light etc etc. With the proper power and longevity mods its the best car to drive ON THE TRACK **take note of that.

Now we come to value edition of this thread. Best value while fun?? Probably 98/99 GC8 sti because forged internal from factory good for 400 hp crank. Competition to that is the evo4-6.5 but those cars are even more unreliable. They are faster on a track but as a day to day car the subaru inches a bit due to higher build quality and marginally better interior.

The supra is the highway king. That car has the best engine and gearbox to come out of japan. They are monsters on the highway, but as a drawback they are heavy cars and experience turbo-lag when u start chasing those higher numbers.

The NSX is probably the best "drivers" car out of all of them but the prices are absurd especially for the second gen type R which is the only you really want.

The AW20 mr2 GT-S is a great little car with potential but has quite a few problems including snap over steer and being especially hard to work on.

Soo in conclusion.

Chasing highway numbers? Supra.

Best track experience if you are willing to upgrade? FD

Best daily + occasional track with value? 98/99 GC8 STI.

AWD track laptimes with questionable reliability? Evo 5-6.5

Feeling brave and want to hate your life whenever you need to do any engine work? AW20

Special round: Cheapest rally leged? ST205 GT FOUR.

>Look at these JDM ass buttons you goddamn gaijn nigger fucking baka wa bakame no imi ja naindayo omae wa honto ni baka gaijin da ne

Fucking laughed.

>they are heavy cars
Which is only a disadvantage on paper, according to literally every person who's driven one.

>second gen type R which is the only you really want
What?

Your conclusions are stereotyped memes.

>talks down about romaji
>uses it later on in the psot
>wa
>wa
>wa

うるせえんだよ

R34 never did well in motorsports

>2 drivers/3 teams JGTC championships in 5 years
>never did well

> Look at these JDM ass buttons you goddamn gaijn nigger fucking baka wa bakame no imi ja naindayo omae wa honto ni baka gaijin da ne

Use jspec.au to figure out average cost and to see how many move in a given month. It's probably around 50k USD.

>Look at these JDM ass buttons you goddamn gaijn nigger fucking baka wa bakame no imi ja naindayo omae wa honto ni baka gaijin da ne

Fucking lost it

All your buckaroos are spent keeping that pos engine on life support so it do melt along with the unfortunate victims in the cabin,
Tldr;
Buy a 1000cc bike 2000 plus will be equally uncomfortable and fast cost nearly 1/3 that of the fd

You mean this?

j-spec.com.au/info/Infobase.php

Kek, +1