$15K for Infiniti G37 or Chevy Camaro

In the market for a used car for around $15K and was looking for something with either a V6 3.7L or higher. I test drove the 2017 Camaro V6 and I loved it but was also wondering if a 2011-2014 Camaro V6 is better than a Infiniti G37.

If you have something better please recommend. Thanks Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-parts/1le-zl1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot to mention I'm a commuter (65 Miles M-F) and I'm looking for something fun to drive.

Get the G-37 or a V-8 Camaro. Even then the G-37 might be better.

Japanese V6>>>American V6, theyre two different philosophies, the G37 is a bonafied touring car with speed, handling, and reliability, the V6 Camaro is a base model wannabe. The V8 is where its at, or a G37.

Go for the Infiniti. They're great cars, and still manufactured in Japan so they're not shit.

I have a zl1 and a g35 for a daily.

Get the the infiniti.

>Infiniti G37.

As an Infiniti tech,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Neither. This guy here
Is right, you'll be spending a lot in repairs.
> also a tech

> V6 camaro
No, just please no....

What's wrong with it

American cars are unreliable. Perhaps, German cars are the best choice by far.

Burns oil, leaks oil, blow-by like a motherfucker

To start

this nigga cray

>Even considering GM trash

2013 Chevy Volt.

You will average well over 100 MPG on your 65 mile commute.

Seriously, try one. It may be the best $15k you will ever spend.

Hi OP I bought a 2009 G37 recently for $11k

It's really good I like the car

V6 Camaro is really gay so you don't want to be a faggot

G37 is cool. If you are poor don't buy it. I bought the car with cash so I have a bunch of money saved for repairs. Reliable so far though!

>the V6 Camaro is a base model wannabe
t. moron whose never touched, driven or researched a gen 5 Camaro.

What's with all these retarded namefags lately? Did Alphonse get split personalities or something?

Camaro should have V8, desu

V6 and (vomit) I4 Camaros should not exist

ITT: Anti-American retards

OP, the Camaro is just as reliable as the Infiniti and has a more modern engine. Nissan's VQ engine debuted in the mid-90s while the Chevy HF V6 debuted in the early to mid 2000's.
The Chevy will outhandle the Infiniti, especially ifb you add the 1LE suspension from Chevrolet Performance.
chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-parts/1le-zl1.html

In the end, the cars don't compete with easy other. The Infiniti is a luxury cruiser. The Camaro is closer to a proper sports car.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4
Here. Now shut the fuck up retard.

>v6 camaro
just get an old f-body or even a turd gen. Fucking everything is better than a v6 muscle/pony car.

>I don't know anything about V6 F-bodies and hate them irrationally

>pushrods
>modern

>I own a v6 camaro

>V6
>pushrods
pick one you retard. There's 4 camshafts and 4 valves per cylinder with direct fuel injection

more like I'm trying to find a V6 F-body with a hard top. Everything I find is a fucking T-top. I know the 60 degree V6's inside and out. I know what can be done with them, and you have to be mentally retarded to not knot 95-02 F-bodies had the 3800 which has its own cult following.

>pushrods
found the retard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine

>not getting an f body exclusively for the t tops

I don't want to deal with leaks. Just gimmie a V6 hard top. Less flex, less leaks.

>T-tops
One of those things only people that have never had them want and think are cool. They're shit. They're heavy, 100% WILL leak, you'll never take them out because it's more trouble than it's worth, etc. They're an ass even though they look cool as shit.
t. Nissan NX owner

>what are new t-top gaskets
I took them out every weekend when I had my 94 formula

agreed
I hated the t-tops on my 300zx, never used them, they were a hassle to take off / put on and the middle gasket seal always leaked the one time it rained in CA

You're not going to get a very good g37 for 15k. You want one that's stock and that's been owned by an adult and has maintenance records.

Doesn't matter. It will leak somewhere.

>spending money on new T-top gaskets every week
TOP KEK

>2016 Camaro is the same as the 5th gen
It's not. Camaros deserve V8 engines.

OP, buying the Infiniti will make you look like a douche, which is still better than looking like you're up for gay sex in your V6 Camaro that's both slow and impractical.

>V6 Camaro that's both slow
but it isn't The V6 is a low 14 second, high 13 second car if you know how to drive. And for 2016, it's a mid to low 13 second car. There's a lot you can do to the V6. Not to mention, the V6 has a lighter front end which means it'll handle better than the V8/

>low 14 second
Slow.
>And for 2016, it's a mid to low 13 second car.
How's that relevant? OP isn't buying one.
>Not to mention, the V6 has a lighter front end which means it'll handle better than the V8/
Not unless it has the RS package to give it some decent rubber and wider width wheels.
Even then it won't be much lighter than the SS. Maybe 100 pounds, which means it's a 3900 pound boat instead of a 4000 pound boat.

>Not unless it has the RS package to give it some decent rubber and wider width wheels.
No it doesn't. The RS is an appearance package with LED halo ring headlights and red badges.

Then what's the package that gives it decent wheels and tires? 2LT?
The only Camaros I give a fuck about are ZL1's and Z28's.

You're thinking of the 1LE. The 1LE gave the car different shocks, struts, springs, sway bars, toe links, wheels, tires, 3.91 rear gears, a short shifter kit, and strut tower bars.

That's not what I'm thinking of. The 1LE was an in-between model between the SS and ZL1.

Beyond that, the 1LT and 2LT gave the V6 the same wheels and tires as the SS, but were otherwise the same as LS models.

And the LT models are the easiest V6's to find. LS's are legit rare.

OP here, thanks for the feedback guys. So is the G37 unreliable? Is there a better option for around $15K that has good pickup and would be a good commuter car?

>my car is cool the other car is gay

Are you literally 16

Tbh OP the Campari would be more fun to drive as a second car. You sound like you want something sporty yet comfy for long highway sprints. G37 is what you want, you just don't want to admit it for some reason. What draws you to the camaro?

Campari?
>camaro*

I really really enjoyed the 2017 Camaro when I took it for a test drive. I'm a larger guy 6'2 225lbs and I lift weights, so I felt very comfortable in the Camaro. I also like it more aesthetically over all other muscle cars.

Cont. Also, someone mentioned in this thread that the G37 is unreliable.