Chrysler Crossfire

Is it any good? I really like the design and the recent drop in price seems tempting.

no

Its basically a mercedes chassis with a mercedes engine BUT with a chrysler interior and overall quality.

but does it have airmatic? thats the BANE of mercedes. no airmatic=ok car

It doesnt

Yeah brah... Sick whip

then i fail to see an issue.

No fucking way, i refuse to believe someone took the time to try and make a animated model that resembles a Crossfire.

It even has a rip off in GTA V, the "Schyster Fusilade".

Only good one is the SRT6.

>v6
>chrysler

ehh... Depends on the price I guess. Like, under $5k go for it. I'd look into c5s or something with some power instead.

I'm probably the only one on Veeky Forums with an informed opinion. I own one. The car is strangely controversial, but all things considered it's a good car. Unique and drives well. Pretty reliable too. The biggest surprise was people mistaking it for something more expensive. Porsche, Bentley, along those lines.

Everyone will tell you the srt6 is the better get, but they're just spouting popular opinion. It comes in automatic only, and for the money ($8k on average more than a base/limited) There are simply better cars in that price range. When I get that kind of money I'm upgrading to a 996.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. I love the car and have no regrets about it

In one episode cleave land states that it is a red crossfire with a mCain Palin bumpersticker

I've seen one SRT 6 version. In that color. Other then that, I've haven't seen any.

But there are manual ones user

The str6 only came with a 5G-Tronic automatic. Other Crossfires can have either manual or auto

Yeah I must have miss read I thought you said all Crossfires were autos

Little known fact: it's the same manual trans still used in Jeep Wranglers, the Chrysler NSG370

Any issues with the transmission? I know Chrysler Automatic transmissions from the mid-00s are a horror story on their own, however; considering Chrysler had a tight relationship with Mercedes on this car, I don't know the details of the Crossfire in particular.

Admittedly the Crossfire Convertible looks like a pretty fun car, they're uncommon and pretty unique too.

>Any issues with the transmission?
None whatsoever. I've never had to replace or repair it and don't know any owners that have issues with them even after 150k, 200k+ miles. They're solid. (I'm referring to the manual specifically). the only criticism some people have is the somewhat notchy shifting.

>considering Chrysler had a tight relationship with Mercedes on this car, I don't know the details of the Crossfire in particular.
The most important thing to know about the Crossfire is that it was the only pure child of the Benz- Chrysler bond. It shares 85% of it's components with the R170 SLK320. Pic related. They are the exact same car

The only thing Chrysler did with this car is literally put one part on at the dealership
The body is made by Karmann and the rest of it is Mercedes
The only thing Chrysler about it is the badge

As far as the automatic trans goes, some will occasionally have problems shifting or they put the car into limp mode. Usually this entails a new conductor plate or transmission control computer.

Honestly though, the automatic takes away the fun of driving the car.It drives similar to a 350z in a way. It's small and it's pretty light for what it is. The only downside is the somewhat numb recirculating ball steering system.

This guy gets it. The car is not American in any way. Even the designer of the concept was British. All of the shit the car gets is from it's badge. It should have been called the Karmann Crossfire from the beginning.

God that interior is terrible.

Yep """"""quality"""""" German design

The Mercedes version is gross. I'd rather have the retro styled interior

The biggest issues with early 2000's Chrysler Transmissions were the 42LE and variants, and in those cases the issues were almost entirely related to the solenoid pack going.

Wow, that brings back memories when I was a kid and sat in one

It looks bad now but the other half of me still things its gorgeous as fuck from youth

Bump