cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5960777224.html
cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5958802681.html
cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5958855253.html
cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5963205931.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Redpill me
kill you are self

Nice cars, beat to shit mostly.

Just cause its a 2JZ don't mean its a 4-door supra. GE Takes serious cash to improve power output. Runs through brake pads and rotors like you change underwear.

they're great cars but 90% of them are raped into JDM-fantasyland and they are toyota taxed hard because you can overnight parts from japan yo

You do know that the 2JZ-GE was used in the base Supra, right? Only a few of them were actually turbocharged models.

watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=LeEJyG6FLE8

And only the GTE offered the performance that made the Supra famous.

But go ahead and throw some boost at your IS without the expensive as fuck process of replacing the internals of a stock 2JZ-GE. Can't wait to charge you for installing a new engine.

Why does everything need to be a "redpill"? Do you believe there's a massive conspiracy to hide the truth about a seventeen-year-old Japanese light-luxury sedan from you, and by visiting a Malaysian weightlifting forum, you are privileged to know how the world really works?

yes

They're nice cars for a sport sedan from circa 2000. Unlike its rivals, it was decently reliable, too.

Obviously a 2001 is going to be an automatic which is okay if you're just looking for cheap, reliable, somewhat fun 4dr. However, the customer base that typical buy these cars and the first secondhand buyers on the used market don't really take care of these cars much. Abuse and neglect is typically high among these cars today and no amount of reliability can help that.

what am I watching

Supra was famous when it was still a Celica long before the JZ, kiddo.

Well if anyone's curious this is the listing I'm looking at

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5954631134.html

>Why does everything need to be a "redpill"?

It's a cross-board meme from /pol/.

You and I both know I'm referring to the Mk4, and you and I both know 2JZ parts are fucking expensive

if you buy it, and it looks great, please please please do not fuck it.

A good reliable automobile with a decent interior, and a good 3 liter I6 albeit a downtuned one that isn't very good for forced induction.

Unfortunately where I live there are almost none of them around, and only a few IS200's that are under 100k.

>autism

get it, like other user said don't bother modding it because there's no point and they're good cars from factory.

YOU FUCKING NEWFAG THEY WERE SAYING THIS SHIT ON X LONG BEFORE POL WAS EVEN AROUND

Here's a red pill for you:

This car has a 90k mile interval for the timing belt replacement, and it's an interference engine, so you have to get it done on time.The seller might be looking to unload it before having to pay for the job themselves. If that's the case, you shouldn't pay much more than $5000 for the car.

You'll get about 19 mpg on premium fuel.

It'll never be more fun to drive than an E46.

But it's a great daily driver. The seats are pretty comfortable, the factory sound system is good, and it's a fun car. Keep it stock and enjoy.

Forgive my ignorance but doesn't "The timing belt and water pump service has been completed (record is available)." mean that the timing belt's already been replaced?

holy shit i'm so embarrassed lol

OP it's a good deal

Sourcing an R154 is hard now and they're expensive, vvti 2JZGEs have needledick rods and pistons so you need to throw in non-vvti/GTE/aftermarket ones if you want to hit 450+ and not snap, otherwise great platforms.
The diffs are the same size as MKIII poopras/X8 Cressida so you can get a MKIII LSD (1.5-way clutch type), shim it with a WEIR kit, and have an awesome diff.

Great as a daily too, since you're such much of a fucktard faggot having to ask us that you're not going to use it for anything else.

Get shit on kid. Excuse your flipping ignorance.

Hic formam tuam habet kid. Get pranked.

the GE also has different (inferior) cooling channels to the GTE, camshaft profile, valve chamber angle, and a bunch of other shit.

may as well spend 2k on a gte and trans rather than building the is300

>cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5954631134.html

Looks good... but what is the deal with the shifter? That's not stock

It depends on your goals, honestly. You can certainly get a 250-300whp IS300 on the stock engine with some light boost.

No it doesn't, cams are higher degree lift (which you want), and valve angle is exactly the same. Biggest differences are the rods/pistons and 10.5:1 comp.

GTEs are a waste of money in every circumstance.

I would but you need to learn how to ask for information like a critical thinking adult.

All I'm saying is that the IS 300 does in fact have a Supra motor.

You're the one that's 'sperging about the 2JZ-GE not being a Supra engine. Even when just talking about the A80, the fact remains that most Supra had the non-turbo GE.

is it stock? is it manual? has it been owned by an adult it's whole life?

Do you hear that?
That's the noise of no one caring about your shitty comment

Lrn2suicide

Not OP but I'm just looking for a nice daily and I can actually afford this, what are the common problems with the 2jz? I'm not a horsepower junkie, just want something fun for my half hour commute to campus, and my family is only willing to give me 7k for a car with 4 doors and an auto transmission. I'm obviously extremely grateful but this, the g35 sedan, and the Acura TL are pretty much my only options. And I figured this is probably the more reliable of the 3

DESU that shifter is way better than the shitty metal ball shifter Lexus has stock

Owner here. Check ball joints, the (most likely broken) CD changer, wheel bearings (noise or steering-shake at 40-70 mph).

Pros: GREAT chassis that LOVES cornering. Bulletproof drivetrain.

Cons: Bad leg room in the back seat and slightly sluggish engine (depending on what you're used to).
Oh and >Runs through brake pads and rotors like you change underwear.
This.

Oh, and see if you can find a SportCross

OP here, the car sold today x dD

what buy with 7800 now im just desperate

post your local craigslist

Never buy a $7800 car while "desperate".

cincinnati.craigslist.org/search/cto

2005-2006 RSX Type S

That part doesn't matter, but I'm wondering what happened with the original because it could be a sign that the owner fucked with the car in other ways.

Rare as fuck

There are literally no problems with the 2JZ - keep it fed with oil and it will outlast the rest of the car.

Well... besides the fact that the 2JZ is a heavy as shit lump of iron, but that's part of the reason why it's basically indestructible.

The weak points of the IS300 at this age are ball joints, toe links, and #2 lower control arms. Basically any rubber bushing you can think of will be wearing. Most of them aren't an issue, but the control arm bushing will make the car feel squirrel-y at highway speeds.

Why don't you go check out this one?

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5965481848.html

>cincinnati.craigslist.org/search/cto
cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5949521016.html

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5902220767.html

Not enough money, doubt I could talk him down to $7,800

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5950007656.html

Use leftover to fix it up

Basically a 6-cyl RWD Corolla. Not the fastest cars or most luxurious and they don't get great gas mileage, but they're good for what they are.

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5968410128.html

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5968458865.html

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5967465414.html

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5945839951.html

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5966822353.html

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5960777224.html

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5958802681.html

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5958855253.html

cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5963205931.html

you can spend hours and hours behind the wheel of one of these and not get tired... it's NOT a rwd corolla

Yes, double wishbone suspension lead by the guy who did the AE86. The IS300 is Toyota trying to beat the USDM BMW E36 M3/328i & E46 330i and saying "We can do better" and they fucking nailed it.

Better suspension, more reliable, just as powerful and luxurious at a similar price point. The only downsides is the transmissions aren't terribly exciting and the dashboard didn't hold up well over time. These cars are meant to be driven, if all OP does is commute back and forth then yeah Corolla or Civic is better, drag strip or long boring freeways yeah one of the American cars is better.

If you need 4 doors and like to tackle twisty roads, reliability and comfort are priorities there isn't much better under $10k.

>the transmissions aren't terribly exciting
My IS200 has got the J160 6 speed manual in it, which is close ratio and a joy to use ;)