What does Veeky Forums think of the 2010-2012 Fusion?

what does Veeky Forums think of the 2010-2012 Fusion?
specifically the 2.5L i4
looking at one as a DD, mainly interested in comfort and reliability

FERD LOL WILL THEY EVER RECOVER
SUICIDE WATCH
FERD FANBOYS BTFO
CORVETTE IS FASTER

epic

If you get the i4, get the manual
Every magazine said it was probably the funnest fusion you can get and it's a great trans

But you should also look into the model with the Duratec 30 because they're fucking everywhere and they have 240HP and get good mileage

t. 2010 Fusion Sport owner

p.s. don't get the Sony sound system

Meh

>OP asks about 2010-2012 Fusion
>faganon posts pic of 2013+

I don't really have much of a choice, I've narrowed it down based on condition and price since I've only got $10k to spend on it
the one I'm looking at is an automatic, is there something wrong with that transmission in terms of reliability or is it just not as nice to drive as a manual?

He's saying to get a Mazda 6 instead dumbass

Just not as nice to drive if you're talking about the I4, transmissions are great and they're Aisan Warner transmissions same as the Mazda6
But I found plenty of V6 Fusions for under $10k, have you even looked? Manual I4s as well with under 100k miles

Just shut the fuck up, you suck at trolling

My dad and gf each have 2011 Fusions. Both love 'em. I drive my gf's every once in a while, and it's actually pretty nice. Comfortable on long distance trips.

>Hurr he corrected me when I was being retarded wat a troll!!1
Retard.

Did you see his budget? Apparently not because good luck getting a 6 that's less than 10 years old without high mileage

I've looked around, maybe just not in the right places
honestly this is the first car I'm buying on my own, my last one was a hand-me-down '98 Camry v6 that's just rolled up to 300k and has started making strange noises
also my mechanic keeps telling me that i4s are much easier (and therefore cheaper) to wrench on than v6s
the Fusion I'm looking at only has 62k on it, my main concern is getting something that will last and not be unpleasant to drive for extended periods

Well if you want to stick with the I4 please do yourself a favor and get the manual, it is much better overall than the manual for fun to drive, gas mileage, and predicted reliability

Just do the research and find one

My mom drives a 2011 Fusion. It's deathly slow, even for a 4cyl, but has been super reliable since she bought it in 2014. She used to commute a lot before she moved and put over 150k on in three years without any major issues.

That said, it is the most soulless car I've driven but that could just be because of the automatic trans she bought it with.

I thought Fords from that era had bad transmissions?

Is the Fusion known to be different?

Yes, the 6 speed auto in the 3.0 and I4 is a good trans from a joint venture between GM and Ford, it's basically the same as the one in the 12+ Impalas
The auto in the Sport is used in a fuck ton of other brands cars like Volvo, Mazda, etc
The manual in the I4 is a 6 speed unit from Mazda

I owned one for 4 or so years. Bought it new. Decent car. 2.5L Engine was fine and it had reasonable econobox acceleration. Transmission shifted a little rough since it was fairly early on in the 6F's transmission's life. It smoothed out after 10k miles.

Problems I had with it:
the pin that held tension to the gas door fell out early on, the pin was replaced under warranty but they said they just put another pin back so watch out. You can get to it from under the rear quarter panel from the wheel well.
the driver's door handle is weak. do not yank on it. I broke mine about 3 years in after warranty. bought a supposedly-stronger exact-looking aftermarket from amazon for like 20 bucks and replaced it.
windshield wipers occasionally went full blast while in use. It'd be on medium setting and then it went crazy. it did it rarely and I never figured it out.
cheap bearing on one of the belt tensioners started making mild squeaking noises, replaced it and the tensioner assembly for like 30 bucks cause the bearing is like stuck on and I just wanted it to be over with.

It may seem like a lot but I'm not sure how many other people will go in depth in what specific issues one might have with a car. I know I've seen people have minor issues and say "oh nothing has ever happened ever". So whatever. this is how mine was. It was a good car. comfy, very good highway mileage. giant trunk. I got 23 avg city (driving it stupid) and 33+ highway. I got 38 while cruising 60 in a 55 for an extended time.

Sport owner here
I had the possessed wipers happen a few times, it goes away
Also had an issue where I believe the bushings in the front control arms (upper I think) start to squeeze
And make sure your brakes have enough anti-squeal on them as my rears didn't have enough and after driving 70mph for a few miles would cause them to squeal something aweful

>the driver's door handle is weak
interior door handle. forgot to mention that. the chromy inside one. I could still open the door from the inside if I used the "lock" action and turned it as if the lock section was the door handle

y tho? just get a civic for 3k.

Father had one before he traded it in for a '13 Taurus. It was good for the couple years he had it but we found it to have uncomfortable front seats when on long drives (8+ hours) because they didn't have great leg or lumbar support iirc. Back seats were good though and whoever wasn't driving for a few hours would just sit in the back instead of the front passenger seat.

Adding on to this, the car never had any issues aside from some rattles which the dealership fixed under warranty.

The engine is a relatively old block with some new upgraded parts but is pretty reliable. The Taurus he has now gets better city and highway fuel mileage though even though it's a bigger and heavier car.

oh, did you have the 3.0V6 (the premium V6 but not Sport 3.5L V6)? That was an old duratec design. the 2.5 I4 got 175hp/170ftlbs, whereas that 3.0 got like 215/240 or something. Meanwhile the 3.5 was like 250/270.

So yeah the Fusions of those styles with the Flex Fuel badge on them are kinda gay.

The Duratec 30 had 240hp after the 2010 refresh
The Duratec or cyclone 35 in the sport made 262 HP but less than 260tq