>pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=28SYCDgp_7M
youtube.com/watch?v=m6_6fTHZqSA
youtube.com/watch?v=Wdb1WdrUyfI
youtube.com/watch?v=YTTe4UYKN7g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you like cars that are shitty and never run

you answered your own question, why the hell did make this thread?

stop shitting up this board and stick to playing forza horizon and watching haggard garage

btw the miata is in no way a good car to drift with no matter how many people try and use it. too short of a wheelbase.

That's not a V6 F-body or a V6 SN95

>V6 "muscle" car
enjoy trying to drift with an open diff :^)

I do enjoy it thanks!

Wheelbase length isn't as much of a problem as weight distribution.

S-series are alright because they're front-heavy. The longer wheelbase helps but if you ballast a miat or an MR2 in the front it'll be way more doable.

>open diff

retard here, explain? that's one of the things i never got into is differentials. are locked diffs usually preferred to open or is locked good for the particular case of drifting?

>doesn't even know what an open diff is
>wants to drift
Fucking hell

I'm not OP.

Truth be told nobody knows what the fuck differentials are

Those or Miatas for cheapest

US gets dicked for good cheap rwd cars

No, your Camaro or Mustang isn't "good"

>recommends miata for drifting
Jesus Christ what is wrong with this board

I was never any good at calculus

People who suggest Miata's for drifting either play too much forza or watch too much Haggard Garage.

That being said the miata is a great entry level sports car for autocross or track day fun.

It's a fucking rwd shitbox, it can slide. I fucking hate Miatas, only mentioned them bc they're cheap as

volvo 240/740

its not a good platform to start on. plus most of come with open diffs.

>inb4 hurr you can weld the diff

welding diffs is for cucks

Anything you can get your hands on is a good enough platform to start and learn.

And there is literally nothing wrong with welding the diff on a starter drift car. The nigga specified cheapest. Welding is free if you can do it yourself.

LMFAO at the chick in the back taking a hit off that ganja like a champ

There's nothing wrong with a welded diff

unless you grab something with a wheelbase the length of your fucking desk

like a miata

good luck drifting that

Almost none of the s13's and very few s14's have limited slips but it hasn't stopped them from becoming meme drifting cars.

Besides wheel hop on slow turns and uneven tire wear

.That's because most people swap for z31 turbo diffs or j30's.

>Besides wheel hop on slow turns and uneven tire wear
Who fucking cares?

People that aren't as shitty as you aka practically everyone

I've seen exactly 1 s13 that has a donor from a z32. Everything else has been welded.
It's just how things are.

Lol wow man sick
Meanwhile I'm out here having fun and you're inside being a fucking loser on the internet
Loooooool

A lot of people do it just fine. Are you just shit at driving? Or just a benchracer?

>>Besides wheel hop on slow turns and uneven tire wear

>worrying about a very slight uneven tire wear on a fucking DRIFT CAR

youtube.com/shared?ci=28SYCDgp_7M
This is a good primer on diffs. Branch out from here

Just stop replying to the subhuman furfag

Usually I can't stand the guy or anything that comes out of his mouth, but this time he has a point. If you're going to use this car as a shitty beater drift car solely for the purpose of drifting, who gives a shit about tire wear and wheel hop assuming that this isn't going to be his daily?

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

>Irony

Factory LSD master race

>tfw no 1JZ powered S10

Why do you need a JZ engine? Chevy 350 small block V8 drops right in with no modification and has more aftermarket than a JZ engine can dream of.

That S10 in the image has a JZ
youtube.com/watch?v=m6_6fTHZqSA
V8's are kinda overmemed in American drifting, less special snowflakes and at a grassroots drift event you kinda wanna have a car that stands out.
If it was a proam comp car sure.

>has 7M in the URL
Rev up that head gasket torquing.

>1937
Jesus Christ, our best information about differentials is from 80 years ago.

Buy a shit box mustang
-More HP than most jap crap
-cheap
-aftermarket
-They are fucking everywhere
You don't need a JDM car to drift

I'm assuming you're talking about a fox.
Foxes are one of the worst memes mullet tards perpetuate. No one wants a 2 ton, 180hp 5 liter v8, 16mpg, noodly soggy fish chassis piece of shit cleetus is trying to sell in the yard in front of his trailer for 7k.

There is literally NOTHING good about those utter turd balls.

>Hurr you can upgrade it
As if you couldn't pick something with a much better starting point than one of those atrociously slow shitty handling assnuggets for the money, especially factoring in how much you spend too "build" it.

>Kek you're triggered
Yes, because I don't understand how anyone acts like they are good or cool or ANYTHING but pathetic garbage

Same, sadly gonna have to agree with the furfag on this one

they also have better rigidity than a miata and a decent wheelbase as well as way better engines...

It means all the power will allways be at both the wheels.

you just explained every jap crap ive ever driven, ridden in or owned. never will I have a one of these bastard child jap cars again.

Locked is good as it distributes power 50/50 to each of the rear wheels. This means that when a wheel breaks traction, it keep getting power which prevents it from regaining grip. Open/lsd will cause the power to redistribute to the wheel with traction, so the wheel without traction will stop spinning, and regain grip. When you are drifting, the entire point is to break traction and keep it that way, aka keeping the power going o the spinning wheel.

>Expects everyone to know everything by default
everyone has to start somewhere faggot, if you took 5 mins to explain rather than insulting them then there wouldn't be so many clueless people at meets/on Veeky Forums to trigger you in the first place

>All these benchracers saying Miatas are bad for drifting

>all these nocar retards saying miatas are good for drifting

Really, American because power and cheap.

But since they have to be yapanesie, I'd start with the 240sx's forgotten competition.
>Mk3 Supra
>FC RX-7

Nothing is going to be cheaper than an 80's car right now, early 80's had shit tier suspension so late 80's it is.

Why would I bother spoon feeding when a simple 2 second google would give a better answer than either of us will?
If he's too lazy to google something that simple how the fuck is he gonna set up a drift car?

>LOL w33d

In my experience, Miata is not the answer for Budget Drifter.

Bought pic-related for $1,200. Had the better 1.8L motor, factory LSD and 5 speed trans. Perfect budget drift missile yeah? No.

Simply not enough power. You had to be really rough on it to get it sideways and often once you pushed it hard enough to break free, you were past the point of control. Dirt roads and dusty/sandy surfaces made this thing feel like a god machine, but on dry it was too unpredictable. The short wheel base and awesome weight distribution really work against it as a drift car. You could do huge entry speed and drift Japanese style by using the drift to shed speed, but for cheesy American style smokey power over drifts, It was not ideal.

Sounds like you've never driven a foxbody and are just parroting other people.

My 5.0 easily gets 20 mpg. More if I baby it.
Traction lock from the factory
V8 already installed, no need for swap with enough torque to go sideways on command.
Decent handling for an 80s car. Can easily be upgraded to perform like a modern car

It is basically drift ready for $2-$3k

It's trash in every measurable capacity.

Wow, you bring up great points, user. I never would have thought that. Thanks for your insight.

probably a stupid question, but is there any reason you couldn't use a RWD pickup to drift?
is there just not enough weight in the back or something?

you can just be prepared to spend a lot of money

youtube.com/watch?v=Wdb1WdrUyfI

that being said it isnt a good car to start with.

Actually a really nice informative vid. I wish modern tech vids were as simple yet explanatory as this

>you can just be prepared to spend a lot of money

Not really, no.
youtube.com/watch?v=YTTe4UYKN7g

BMW E36 is the cheapest car

More welded diff

I just picked up a mighty max for 300 bucks... Rallycross/nothing responsible was the goal.