/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 11th:
1571 – Austrian nobility is granted freedom of religion.
1879 – The Anglo-Zulu War begins.
1922 – First use of insulin to treat diabetes in a human patient.
1923 – Occupation of the Ruhr: Troops from France and Belgium occupy the Ruhr area to force Germany to make its World War I reparation payments.
1942 – World War II: The Japanese capture Kuala Lumpur.
1942 – World War II: The Japanese attack Tarakan in Borneo, Netherlands Indies (Battle of Tarakan)
1943 – The Republic of China agrees to the Sino-British New Equal Treaty and the Sino-American New Equal Treaty.

>News
CK2 DD36 - The Witching Hour
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-36-the-witching-hour.993525/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9wQSCOuT4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Ottomans declared war on me, and somehow all these niggas intervened and I have a world war in my hands.

W&B

can someone explain how to be a pedo and download all the EU4 DLC for a Steam vanilla copy

That's some fucking bullshit.
How do you deal with this meme shit?

Kys yourself

longboy

R&I BTFO

Literally take loans and get the Bretton Woods decision so interest won't fuck you on the long run, keep taking loans until you get all techs that will help to keep you afloat (quite a few of these you should already start with)
You will find oil next to the Iraqi border in a decade and a half too and that will definitely give you a huge boost in your economy.
Oh, and don't go above 10% in higher education.

White.

See

Well at least you're most likely to win.

Which techs reduce the infamy cost of taking land from uncivs?

How do you avoid going higher in education? Avoid researching education shit?

>Oh, and don't go above 10% in higher education.
What the fuck how do I get literacy then?
And why does nobody want to be a bureaucrat?

see

based

plz huey come back

see

Don't fund teachers. Any province that goes above 20% higher education will begin a depopulation process.

They promote rather slowly in the third world in general IIRC. Post budget.

>Don't fund teachers.
How? So researching education does nothing?

Didn't see the new thread

So, the best route is to annex Xhosa and Suazi, and wait for Oranje and Transvaal to popup, puppet them, annex Matabele after the are forced upwards, and try to the out the British from Cape?

What's the requirements for the event to fire to kick them out?

It mostly doesn't, all you need is +2% teachers country wide.
Simsulla is an absolute retard and I still don't get how an autist from here didn't try to mod his own Cold War mod for vicky yet.

/gsg/ i need you pls

hastebin

>Don't fund teachers. Any province that goes above 20% higher education will begin a depopulation process.

I mean it makes sense kind of, more education leads to people having less kids, but it's not fun

>how to be a pedo
Can't help you there

Yes that sounds like a good course
>What's the requirements for the event to fire to kick them out?
There is none, even in HPM, to my knowledge

>how an autist from here didn't try to mod his own Cold War mod for vicky yet.
>what is hitler mod

>It mostly doesn't, all you need is +2% teachers country wide.

So all I need to do is not promote them?

Yes. Suazi sounds like a waste of infamy though.
>spoiler
Just occupy all British provinces with South African cores. It's also useful to know that them occupying your proper provinces won't change a thing for the decision, so you could have your capital occupied by the British and still force the treaty on them.

>more education leads to people having less kids
...So Simsulla is trying to say MGTOW is the final redpill?

It's just a demographic fact. More wealth+education = lower birth rate.

MGTOW is the final cyanide pill if anything.

>Hitler Mod
>not a meme made up to justify a tripfag shitposting

And no, you need to promote them manually until they reach 2% of your total population, then drop their budget to 60% until your pops reach about 5% higher education overall, at which point you should gradually reduce their budget up down to ~10%.

>And no, you need to promote them manually until they reach 2% of your total population, then drop their budget to 60% until your pops reach about 5% higher education overall, at which point you should gradually reduce their budget up down to ~10%.
What if I start as USA, some country in Europe or the USSR?

grandimod sucks

Guys we should make our own NWO mod.
We can use the current mod as a baseline and just remove the meme events about reduced birth rates

What should my northern border be? Should I try to take up to Angola/Mozambique, or stay at the Rhodesia/Namibia line?

Also damn England. I have as nearly as many Brits as I do Boers

>remove the meme events about reduced birth rates
To make it less accurate?
That's one of the only good things about the mod, it portrays the modern world

I heard it's actually impossible to gain immorality from the Martial immortality questline
I've savescummed this decision like 15 times and each one has me die and get "reincarnated" as a newborn with a few of my traits and nothing else (and I don't even play as him because he's not my heir)

Start off in 20% and gradually reduce to 10%. If you notice there's no way out and your most populated provinces are going to reach the 20% cap, then either reduce down to 1% or just fund it fully for the rest of the game and rely on pop boost reforms and immigration.
Immigrants aren't always bad either, when I played as Namibia most of my immigrants ended up being Germans due to them already starting off as a minority in my capital, as Brazil most of my immigrants were Europeans, Japanese and other Latin Americans, and as united Korea I ended up with a province being +25% Spanish.

pic related

Proper thread.

Rhodesia-Namibia line, it's quite sexy to be quite tbqh

The other thread is empty, retard.

I dont lurk /gsg/ much but there used to be links for DLC and activators. They worked with vanilla CK2.

Is there anyway I can find them again for this game version ?

This thread is steam group falseflagging. That's the proper thread.

Jesus christ no one cares, fuck off

Get a fucking life

t. op

Why would Boers name an area after Rhodes, an Anglo-Supremacist?

>muh steamgruop

Because I made that map in about 2 minutes and couldn't come up with anything off the top of my head

>spamming threads to get first post
ignored

Shut the fuck up dumb nerd.

You mean the education slider over in budget, right?

Yes.

Maybe Rhodes would just become a germanic-supremacist instead.

what can you get from this if it "works"? do you become the BBC?

so what exactly does tech mission by councillors do in CK2? it says that it boosts tech spread, does that mean that it only boosts the movement of tech levels from the province they are deployed in to the neighbours? or does it boost actual research speed as well

No, you're supposed to gain the immortal trait but it seems like my Mystic is a fraud so that's not going to happen no matter how many times I attempt it
At least I got Brawny and Brave out of the questline

Enjoy posting in a falseflag thread.

Once again, proper thread:

please stop

Shut the fuck up, autistic cretin

The thread OPs are literally the same you chromosome-deficient potato.

Reported

kys

>South Africa had Apartheid
>Rhodesia didn't
>yet it was Rhodesia, with only a small fraction of South Africa's (both white and total) population, as well as a small fraction of South Africa's natural resources, that was known as the "breadbasket of Africa"
How do white supremacists explain this?

Almost all of South Africa is mountainous or arid to semi-arid
It's not gonna be the breadbasket of anything under anyone's rule

You do not need a lot of people to make grain.

Reported again.

As was discovered by Benjamni Franklin several hundred years ago, the only white people on this earth are the Anglo-Saxons and original Germanic Saxons residing in Germany.

The 'aryan' meme is just a meme, the majority of Germans and Scandinavians are swarthy looking, only Anglo's are truly white, which gave them the power to create such a powerful and glorious country.

t. anthropology pro

>announcing a report

kys

no u

It boosts the spread of tech into the county they are placed. This is incredibly helpful if you are behind tech and are spying on someone who is giving you good boni. It is near useless if you are the world tech leader.

Honestly, that remembered me about Willy saying that the french are actually black.

youtube.com/watch?v=v9wQSCOuT4o

Damn this is cool

How about something like "Zambezie"?

Willy was based

He also unironically believed that modern germans were huns

Hold me lads

I just heard some dude say weltkrieg with a w sound

> →
R&I BTFO

Should I replace this culture with a "Shi" one? Not sure how different the Shi are from the Chinese.

Increase pops.

Presumably they would be different just from being separate from China for so long
Or you could just change the localization, not sure it's worth making a whole different culture for such a small populace
Do give them a Tag though

>the enlightenment started in Bagamoyo
>an uncivilised despotic sultanate in Africa led by 'Abd Allah IV Loanga
I played this game (Europa Universalis IV) because I thought the "jokes" and criticisms of the game were false, that no game could possibly be as obtuse, erroneous, or abominable as you made out. I thought the people here were simply spouting hyperbole at a mildly flawed game to make themselves feel as if they were respectable critics, but I was wrong. The opinions aren't jokes, exaggerations, or anything of the kind, this is genuinely one of the worst games in the history of publishing and anyone who unironically plays it for enjoyment has the mental state of a child.

It is ludicrous in it's audacity, it's perpetual ability to disgust with it's idiotic "mechanics" and terrible gameplay. This game has disgusted me, I feel worse for playing it, it is a sickening experience. Whats more is the fact Paradox have and continue to get away with this, this game was released broken and with every new $20 DLC it gets worse. The mindless fools eat this shit up, shrugging off the appalling mess they choose to play like the lobotomised cattle they are.

The next time someone posts this shit here you tell him to uninstall this fucking atrocity, if he doesn't listen then you pity him and his delusion. This fucking cancer shouldn't be given a platform.

Shouldn't you blow up the map and add a number of new provinces all over here to better represent all of the locations?

I just wanted to say that in the OP it says "Companymod is a od" or something like that. The spelling mistake should be fixed.

Yeah they fucked things up pretty badly with the institutions spreading way too readily into Africa and Asia.

>they still have not fucking fixed EU4

i think you're overreacting

Saxons weren't white for Franklin either.
Either way, the only countries that are majority Anglo now are irrelevant considering the US is majority German.

Realism is not the objective of the game.
Aren't you the guy who turned millions of square kilometers worth of nomadic and settled tribal lands into Dutch culture in a manner of decades? Is that realistic? You can't just have the unrealism you want and then get your little ass hurt over the ones that you don't.

Realism goes out the window of any Paradox game once you hit unpause

Idiot

>Saxons weren't white for Franklin either.

Wrong.

>All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.

The US is majority Anglo. The problem with the census is that most British-Americans simply identify as "Americans" while German-Americans call themselves German. It's British->German->Irish->Italian I think.

Anglos themselves are German. The Saxons, Angles and Frisians that assimilated the local Celts were all Germans. Their continental brothers live in Germany and the Netherlands to this day.

>that most British-Americans simply identify as "Americans" while German-Americans call themselves German.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. During WW1 and even more so during WW2, nearly every fucking German in the US changed their name and rejected their heritage. People were ashamed of being German.
Even today, those people consider themselves American.

The only time you even find out how many people have what heritage is when heritage is the factor that is surveyed you fucking retard.

The majority of their genetics are pre-Germanic though yeah they've had a lot of Germanic influence, first with the Saxons, Jutes, and Angles, then the Vikings, then the Normans (ethnically Norse).

You're right, I stand corrected.

racist